EDJSA Just screwed the kids and coaches

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

EDJSA Just screwed the kids and coaches

Post by goal!!! »

Well,

ive seen it all, the edjsa personal BS and stubborn pride of not negotiating with FFSA is going cost them big time. The edjsa held their AGM and nothing, not a breadth of fresh air, bar a query from a smaller club about FFSA and where EDJSA are heading. 2 years of waiting again, well all the kids that are any good your screwed, no state selection, no pathway to anything.(im sure edjsa will come up with another story) Coaches no direction no real training, apart from J.B's personal training academy wow ! , all becuase EDJSA are worried about loosing a little bit of money for their own account. EDJSA will make up some crap about zone team, however the joke from last year is going to get worse. Honestly grown men who think they know better than proffesional and some of the most skillled trainers in the world.

Clubs in EDJSA will leave and start to take out kids, dont be surprised to see a drop next year in kids EDJSA, its not the money and not the game style its about the KIDS ! i think something you have forgotten !! all these kids are going to suffer with no chance of playing or developing under a common structure.

CLUBS of EDJSA only you can control it and stop listening to the proppganda from EDJSA , its very simple fees, the problem is EDJSA wont drop any of theirs nor re look at SSF. The SSF is a national thing not some local policy, EDJSA will be the laughing stock of Australia, and more so SA will be, all because a group of pom's think they know it all and can do it better than the rest of the world , well done EDJSA you clearly destroyed many kids oppurtunity to move forward- maybe go back and train england they need to win a world cup, EDJSA are the cutting edge in delivering results

vented frustration - : )

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: EDJSA Just screwed the kids and coaches

Post by Željko Jurin »

OMG !!!! WTF ??
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You only posted this 3 months ago.............
oh and the on the screaming etc.. in edjsa

mate fed is the worst they have the worst ref;s the worst spectators and generally the rudest and stuck kids ive ever come across. what kid gets allowed to swear at the ref in fed , most ... in edjsa they knwo whats right and kids are respectful very rarely do you one. ive watched fed specators abusing kids and ref;s coach etc ... its shocking .. i even know of several top players in sapsassa this year with parents as coaches who got there kids recinded on red cards and multi yellows for swearing and poor behavior .. WTF is that .. what do they get taught .. nothing .

so clean up your crap 1st before you knock a very well run oiled machine that has its flaws but at least takes prode in it s young ones and teaches fair play and sportsmanship conduct ... i watch several games this year on many clubs and boy oh boy Fed has nt changed one bit .. look at the post complaining and bickering honestly tell me fed are better ... they take all the devleoped juniors from EDJSA and then bag the crap out of them ... im not a fan of edjsa either i think they need a good boot of fresh blood and direction changes - its all about whats best for the kids and SSF jsut doesnt do what you think it will do.
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Rodney
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Rodney »

Agree with you goal, but there are Federation clubs situated geographically close to E&D clubs and if parents, coaches, etc aren't happy with the pathway that the E&D offers then surely those that are not happy can make the move to a club that does offer the pathway.

However it seems that parents are the ones that are also not given the correct information. Propoganda at its best, like you say!!

Rodney
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Rodney »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:OMG !!!! WTF ??
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You only posted this 3 months ago.............
oh and the on the screaming etc.. in edjsa

mate fed is the worst they have the worst ref;s the worst spectators and generally the rudest and stuck kids ive ever come across. what kid gets allowed to swear at the ref in fed , most ... in edjsa they knwo whats right and kids are respectful very rarely do you one. ive watched fed specators abusing kids and ref;s coach etc ... its shocking .. i even know of several top players in sapsassa this year with parents as coaches who got there kids recinded on red cards and multi yellows for swearing and poor behavior .. WTF is that .. what do they get taught .. nothing .

so clean up your crap 1st before you knock a very well run oiled machine that has its flaws but at least takes prode in it s young ones and teaches fair play and sportsmanship conduct ... i watch several games this year on many clubs and boy oh boy Fed has nt changed one bit .. look at the post complaining and bickering honestly tell me fed are better ... they take all the devleoped juniors from EDJSA and then bag the crap out of them ... im not a fan of edjsa either i think they need a good boot of fresh blood and direction changes - its all about whats best for the kids and SSF jsut doesnt do what you think it will do.
Shite stirring goal???? :roll: :roll:

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

goal!!! wrote:Well,

ive seen it all, the edjsa personal BS and stubborn pride of not negotiating with FFSA is going cost them big time. The edjsa held their AGM and nothing, not a breadth of fresh air, bar a query from a smaller club about FFSA and where EDJSA are heading. 2 years of waiting again, well all the kids that are any good your screwed, no state selection, no pathway to anything.(im sure edjsa will come up with another story) Coaches no direction no real training, apart from J.B's personal training academy wow ! , all becuase EDJSA are worried about loosing a little bit of money for their own account. EDJSA will make up some crap about zone team, however the joke from last year is going to get worse. Honestly grown men who think they know better than proffesional and some of the most skillled trainers in the world.

Clubs in EDJSA will leave and start to take out kids, dont be surprised to see a drop next year in kids EDJSA, its not the money and not the game style its about the KIDS ! i think something you have forgotten !! all these kids are going to suffer with no chance of playing or developing under a common structure.

CLUBS of EDJSA only you can control it and stop listening to the proppganda from EDJSA , its very simple fees, the problem is EDJSA wont drop any of theirs nor re look at SSF. The SSF is a national thing not some local policy, EDJSA will be the laughing stock of Australia, and more so SA will be, all because a group of pom's think they know it all and can do it better than the rest of the world , well done EDJSA you clearly destroyed many kids oppurtunity to move forward- maybe go back and train england they need to win a world cup, EDJSA are the cutting edge in delivering results

vented frustration - : )
Ha ha ha WTF goal that's a massive change....well about 6mths ago I tried to tell you that. By the way the kids are already leaving. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

A lot of kids are leaving EDJSA to FFSA and its not because of SSG. EDJSA is a good football environment until under nines. It has the concept of SSG with the difference of goalies and non collapsible goals from u/6 to u/9 compared to FFSA, but it has that 'awful' (not my opinion)concept of competition, by the way all kids compete all the time.

Imo EDJSA is making a big mistake by making kids play on a full size pitch from U/10, it's too much too early, but give EDJSA its due, its not elitist and every kid gets a fair go. BTW I have taken all my sons from EDJSA to FFSA, for the 'pathway' reason, which EDJSA has to address.

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

lol , yes im stirring but at the same time getting down to the real nitty girtty .. i post to get reactions , my opinion matters little , i am a little guy in a big pond. some bite some dont , however in this case i pointing out the sad state , and yes unfort my kids are out too no pathway , no selection.

edjsa have a place dont get me wrong - but there is no excuse really now, all arguments have been explained and discussed.

BIG RED
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BIG RED »

harrycripps wrote:A lot of kids are leaving EDJSA to FFSA and its not because of SSG. EDJSA is a good football environment until under nines. It has the concept of SSG with the difference of goalies and non collapsible goals from u/6 to u/9 compared to FFSA, but it has that 'awful' (not my opinion)concept of competition, by the way all kids compete all the time.

Imo EDJSA is making a big mistake by making kids play on a full size pitch from U/10, it's too much too early, but give EDJSA its due, its not elitist and every kid gets a fair go. BTW I have taken all my sons from EDJSA to FFSA, for the 'pathway' reason, which EDJSA has to address.
Last I new U9 E&D children play on a big pitch - has there been a change?

fyi - only the under 6/7's will have no goalies and collapsible goals 4V4, Under 8 SSF and under 9 SSF have goalies and a 3X2M goal and is 7V7. Under 10 SSF is a 5X2M goal 9V9- the game grows around the children as they grow :wink: ie pitch size increases progressively as the children get older

Caps
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Caps »

As far as I know Big Red , EDJSA U9 still play on a big pitch with the coach allowed on the pitch.
Dont be suprised to see in 2010 fewer regerstered palyers in EDJSA. EDJSA is a well run organisation but needs to deal with well documented issues .

The Boss
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Boss »

Goal,

If you haven't already done so, PLEASE, PLEASE take yourself and your child/children to Federation as soon as possible!!!!!!
Yes, children leave EDJSA every year but more join than go, hence the record numbers registered year after year.
The "pathway" as you call it is there and will always be there - It is called "leaving EDJSA for Federation" and anyone can do it. EDJSA has a purpose and it serves it's purpose well as Harrycrips has said above.

I suggest you try Federation and see for yourself what goes on and how it goes on.
It will be an eye opener.
In argument, truth always prevails finally; in politics, falsehood always.
Walter Landor

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

harrycripps wrote:A lot of kids are leaving EDJSA to FFSA and its not because of SSG. EDJSA is a good football environment until under nines. It has the concept of SSG with the difference of goalies and non collapsible goals from u/6 to u/9 compared to FFSA, but it has that 'awful' (not my opinion)concept of competition, by the way all kids compete all the time.

And I thought it was because you loved us :(

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

BOSS , i already know what fed is like. the point is EDJSA serve a purpose to promote football and do the best for the kids! not for themselves, you should know being involved. the problem edjsa will make now is the fact of these kids if and when they do move will be so far behind in the national training then they will miss out.

EDJSA have no zone , no SSF for trialing to see if it is better, no idea whats happenign in the big world. EDJSA develop young kids to go on and play.. great .. edjsa should try is what im saying not lie to the clubs and parents and put the slant of propaganda to reduce the fallout. my tune hasnt changed just realizing without EDJSA going forward everyone involved goes backwards

The Boss
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Boss »

goal!!! wrote:BOSS , i already know what fed is like. the point is EDJSA serve a purpose to promote football and do the best for the kids! not for themselves, you should know being involved. the problem edjsa will make now is the fact of these kids if and when they do move will be so far behind in the national training then they will miss out.

EDJSA have no zone , no SSF for trialing to see if it is better, no idea whats happenign in the big world. EDJSA develop young kids to go on and play.. great .. edjsa should try is what im saying not lie to the clubs and parents and put the slant of propaganda to reduce the fallout. my tune hasnt changed just realizing without EDJSA going forward everyone involved goes backwards
Goal, you have your opinion and views and that is fine, that's what these forums are about.

However, when people distort facts or tell untruths (see my signature), that gets my back up.
There is no lying to the clubs or propoganda (well there is from somewhere else).
The 25 or so clubs control E&D not the handful of volunteers on the committee. The clubs had their chance on numerous occasions now to join FFSA and even had Michael Carter sit before them all a few months back (at their request).
The clubs voted to have their Chairman removed this year because they were uneasy with his commitments elsewhere.
The clubs voted down proposed changes to Modified Rules and a switch to SSF.
So before you start sprouting off about decisions that are made and how E&D is run - remember the clubs have the final say.
Walter Landor

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

really , why then does the executive continue to shield the facts and dont allow clubs delgates to speak , ive been there when some people are trying to go through things, they are shut down instantly. EDJSA wont allow the clubs to decide thats the point. they lie about talking and ongoing talks with FFSA , FACT ! as i have personally rang along with certain freinds both parties in the past year only to be lied to by the EDJSA as to their apparent dealings.

i too get upset when facts are misrepresented and as a edjsa club member get fed up with the lack of progress and pride EDJSA keep presenting without real facts. take for example the media release edjsa gave cant even get the facts right.

im not here to argue but frustrated at the lack of mental logic EDJSA display - i guarentee if the clubs really had a chance to go through the details properly then they would vote to join. every meeting ive been too for the last 5 years its all the same, shut any club down that sugegsts anything the executive committee dont like.

if you wont proof i have minutes and details, be happy to post them , but i think it would reden the face of a few.

a prime example is, how many companies / organizations vote in a pathetic backward question like EDJSA ( NONE ). e.g you want to vote for changing soccer balls from nike to adidas, so EDJSA all vote for changing the balls to adidas so they say ok we are voting for the proposal to chnage the balls from nike to addidas , then they annouce as clubs are looking to vote yes to it - ok vote yes if you want to reject the proposal and no if you want to pass the proposal. everyone votes but are confused and then a revote and sometimes even 3 until they just make it simply by saying vote YEs to pass , no to reject , this is one simple example. so please dont give me stick when things like this are done no wonder noone can vote.

enough said i think

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

goal!!! wrote:BOSS , i already know what fed is like. the point is EDJSA serve a purpose to promote football and do the best for the kids! not for themselves, you should know being involved. the problem edjsa will make now is the fact of these kids if and when they do move will be so far behind in the national training then they will miss out.

But you've told us in an above topic, that it's crap and waste of time ?? :lol:

Seriously, good on you for sticking up for what you believe in, and with more people like yourself that seem to look objectively and maybe give things a chance, hopefully changes might happen.

Lets hope for the KIDS sake !!

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

ssf is changing and improving i dont like all the aspects of it but im willing to re look at it for the sake of the kids. i was harsh to extract yours and others thoughts and research it. not becuase i personlly beleive its better or worse. wait 5 years and i guess we all will know - YES

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

Personally, I just want my kids to play football....stop the FFSA v EDJSA garbage...both have their pros and cons.
One has a pathway to football achievment....the other helps get kids onto that pathway, especially if the kids don't survive the "trial" system.
It's the old Private School v Public School debate in another form.
Steven C Gull

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

EDJSA fact - giving young players an organised game of football and a level of coaching from age 6 to 18 all at a very low cost.

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Black Hawk wrote:EDJSA fact - giving young players an organised game of football and a level of coaching from age 6 to 18 all at a very low cost.
Very true.
Hers my 2c worth, having been involved in EDJSA for 10+ years and FFSA last 3 yrs.
Both organizations serve their purpose.
If you want SSF, if you want State selection, pathways etc then choose FFSA. If your child just wants to play the game for fun under less pressure, at a skill level appropriate to them, then E& D might be the answer. Certain kids out North have always migrated across to FFSA, its just that these days they are doing it a couple of years earlier.
Is SSF the total answer? , who really knows, it least there is a choice.
I know my sons team is totally made up of ex E&D players who never played SSF, and his team is one of the best in the league.
I am sure most E&D (& Fed.) coaches will use SSF type games at training anyway.
Many good footballers have come through E&D and gone on to higher levels.
As far as E&D having a coaches Academy, where is the FFSA Coaches Academy? What extra training do they provide?
I can understand the E&D heads being weary of FFA directives, lets be honest up until recently FFA ( the old organization) has been a basket case, whilst E&D have been doing it well for 40+ years. Nothng wrong with sitting back and making a judgement on SSF once it has been up and running for 2-3 years.
Yes I do believe that E&D start on big pitches a year or 2 too early.
Is there a problem playing a structured and organized comp. with no tables from age 6 ...NO.
I believe this is why so many kids out North choose soccer over footy, I know my Son did. He didn't want to have just a " kick around".
He had already been in a development squad for 2 years, and was ready for "real soccer".
I had a look at an U9 SSF match during the season, and trust me, it was no less competitive than a E&D game. In fact the parents were more "involved" in the game than I would have expected.
Time will tell if SSF is the be all and end all, but I do believe that already they have made adjustments and relaxed some of the criteria on pitch size etc..
At least players and parents have the choice.
At the end of the day, no matter where the child plays, their football development begins at home, and is enhanced by finding a team with the right coach, whether that be E&D or FFSA (good and bad in both).
I am thankfull that both organizations exist, and do what they believe is best for the kids, my Kids chose to move when they were ready.
Pretty simple really.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Big Mac wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:EDJSA fact - giving young players an organised game of football and a level of coaching from age 6 to 18 all at a very low cost.
Very true.
Hers my 2c worth, having been involved in EDJSA for 10+ years and FFSA last 3 yrs.
Both organizations serve their purpose.
If you want SSF, if you want State selection, pathways etc then choose FFSA. If your child just wants to play the game for fun under less pressure, at a skill level appropriate to them, then E& D might be the answer. Certain kids out North have always migrated across to FFSA, its just that these days they are doing it a couple of years earlier.
Is SSF the total answer? , who really knows, it least there is a choice.
I know my sons team is totally made up of ex E&D players who never played SSF, and his team is one of the best in the league.
I am sure most E&D (& Fed.) coaches will use SSF type games at training anyway.
Many good footballers have come through E&D and gone on to higher levels.
As far as E&D having a coaches Academy, where is the FFSA Coaches Academy? What extra training do they provide?
I can understand the E&D heads being weary of FFA directives, lets be honest up until recently FFA ( the old organization) has been a basket case, whilst E&D have been doing it well for 40+ years. Nothng wrong with sitting back and making a judgement on SSF once it has been up and running for 2-3 years.
Yes I do believe that E&D start on big pitches a year or 2 too early.
Is there a problem playing a structured and organized comp. with no tables from age 6 ...NO.
I believe this is why so many kids out North choose soccer over footy, I know my Son did. He didn't want to have just a " kick around".
He had already been in a development squad for 2 years, and was ready for "real soccer".
I had a look at an U9 SSF match during the season, and trust me, it was no less competitive than a E&D game. In fact the parents were more "involved" in the game than I would have expected.
Time will tell if SSF is the be all and end all, but I do believe that already they have made adjustments and relaxed some of the criteria on pitch size etc..
At least players and parents have the choice.
At the end of the day, no matter where the child plays, their football development begins at home, and is enhanced by finding a team with the right coach, whether that be E&D or FFSA (good and bad in both).
I am thankfull that both organizations exist, and do what they believe is best for the kids, my Kids chose to move when they were ready.
Pretty simple really.
Nice to read something written with common sense now and then !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Βόρειας Κύπρου
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Βόρειας Κύπρου »

Interesting read.
aftos pou pidai pola paloukia tha tou hothi kai ena sto kolo

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

very nice.

i guess my concern is the state champ, being torn away and now edjsa have nothing to show their value. bascially it will come down to developing the kids and moving on quicker than later. as federation teams employ SSF yound kids will move over to them and edjsa will "bigger picture" loose many players and eventually realize the mistake. i still think, if EDJSA actually worked hard to talk to FFSA they could compromise and money will not be an issue, based on the facts the costs will only move up a tab $15 provided edjsa drop some of the add on fees they place" that wont happen" as edjsa wont drop $$$ to accomadate the kids- so i ask who is getting the benefits? i feel for the kids who have had to endure no state champs, and wont to play for edjsa but cant be selected to play state or any FFA champs. i guess ive seen this with many players and i know moving over for these 2 reasons , when and if EDJSA did move across they could keep the kids, earn the respect of clubs and produce talented players instead of loosing them or offending them. edjsa does have a place but its the vision and foresight to see the bigger picture and help the kids, rahter than themselves?

Cobweb
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cobweb »

A couple of points

EDJSA need FFSA doing just what they are doing, providing a 'pathway' for the suppossed 'talented player'
and FFSA need EDJSA doing exactly what they are doing, by providing a starting point for any one curious about joining the Football Family.

We've heard all the arguments from both sides about costs, coaches, development, academies, championships, talent identification, zones etc but both associations have their place.

Australia is about to embark on their 3rd World Cup appearance and SSF has had no input to the Socceroos ability to make it to the last 32.

Don't get me wrong I believe there is a place for SSF.

Tell me I'm wrong that every team (EDJSA, FFSA, SAASL, SAWSA, FFA etc etc etc) doesn't use SSF as a foundation for training along with the individual skills sessions that every player needs?

A question to Goal!!!
Would I be right in saying that you wanted your kid to follow the FFA pathway by having EDJSA follow FFSA's directives. That way you could or would of stayed with your EDJSA club you were involved with and that hopefully they may have joined FFSA competition?

I too have a son that played for seven years at their EDJSA club and wanted to experience the next 'STEP UP'. He trialled and was accepted and enjoyed his first year at a Fed club with mixed results. As with most clubs you have to trial every year to win back your spot or find another club and trial. Goal!!, what is your take on trialling at such a young age? The rejection of kids by clubs could be doing more harm than good. Kids develop at different rates and may not bloom til their mid to late teens and we do not want them to become lost to our game, therefore with EDJSA there is a bit of a safety net. The biggest problem I see is when the kids have taken the STEP UP and then are cut in later years by the Fed teams they are left with a bitter taste in their mouth and many give up the game for good. It comes down to relationships between EDJSA clubs and FED clubs and that all important safety net. Remember as everyone has said previously its about the KIDS, not just mine or yours but everyones and we need to cater for all abilities so that every kid has the right to participate and ENJOY the game for what it is.

Football in this country needs to be self fulfilling and by that I mean the sport of choice of all kids. If you have given any kid a go and they have enjoyed their time playing the game then they will more than likely bring their future kids back to the game they so fondly remember. Who knows what abilities the next generation will have because I'v experienced both ends of the spectrum where I've seen some pretty gifted footballers of my generation and their offspring have trouble running in a straight line and conversely the parents who have trouble catching a ball and their kids are superstars.

I'm not a fence sitter but for now I believe EDJSA should continue doing what they are doing and if maybe in 5 years time it is proven that they are doing the wrong thing then lets embrace change, til then we'll keep a few eggs in another basket just in case we want poached eggs instead of scrambled!

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Well said to Bigmac and Cobweb. Goal, I think your all over the place with what your saying I dont grasp whether you are pro FFSA or EDJSA!
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:Well said to Bigmac and Cobweb. Goal, I think your all over the place with what your saying I dont grasp whether you are pro FFSA or EDJSA!
He's sitting on the fence, and the picket is half way up his muscat :lol:

The Boss
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Boss »

goal!!! wrote:very nice.

i guess my concern is the state champ, being torn away and now edjsa have nothing to show their value. bascially it will come down to developing the kids and moving on quicker than later. as federation teams employ SSF yound kids will move over to them and edjsa will "bigger picture" loose many players and eventually realize the mistake. i still think, if EDJSA actually worked hard to talk to FFSA they could compromise and money will not be an issue, based on the facts the costs will only move up a tab $15 provided edjsa drop some of the add on fees they place" that wont happen" as edjsa wont drop $$$ to accomadate the kids- so i ask who is getting the benefits? i feel for the kids who have had to endure no state champs, and wont to play for edjsa but cant be selected to play state or any FFA champs. i guess ive seen this with many players and i know moving over for these 2 reasons , when and if EDJSA did move across they could keep the kids, earn the respect of clubs and produce talented players instead of loosing them or offending them. edjsa does have a place but its the vision and foresight to see the bigger picture and help the kids, rahter than themselves?
Goal,

Enlighten us all. I would love to know what these "add on fees are". Other than $16-$18 registration and match fees from $7.50 - $11, I am struggling to understand where these other hidden fees are.

Also, if you think E&D is going to join FFSA at a cost to their clubs/parents of $120,000 per annum just so 2% of the players can compete in the dying State Champs - your dreaming!

Remember, "it's about the kids" - all of them, not just a chosen few.
Walter Landor

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:Well said to Bigmac and Cobweb. Goal, I think your all over the place with what your saying I dont grasp whether you are pro FFSA or EDJSA!
He's sitting on the fence, and the picket is half way up his muscat :lol:

:lol: :lol:
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

No i m not pro ffsa or EDJSA actually - i am merely trying to identify issues and get peoples opinions

The bottom line is EDJSA could join and resolve numerous issues, trial as it were."try before you buy"
A question to Goal!!!
Would I be right in saying that you wanted your kid to follow the FFA pathway by having EDJSA follow FFSA's directives. That way you could or would of stayed with your EDJSA club you were involved with and that hopefully they may have joined FFSA competition?
i am saying that yes. i would if this happened hence why i would like edjsa to move acorss but besides personal there are many, many kids who want to play state champs and be selected in a miriad of new intiatives for young kids. But now its not just players its coaches/ players and i fear a split of football as we know it. i know a player who selected for a promising avenue to play state team and youth australia - however he is in EDJSA m he doesnt want to leave edjsa yet now is restricted he still wants to play with his home club not a fed club... very sad.

I too have a son that played for seven years at their EDJSA club and wanted to experience the next 'STEP UP'. He trialled and was accepted and enjoyed his first year at a Fed club with mixed results. As with most clubs you have to trial every year to win back your spot or find another club and trial. Goal!!, what is your take on trialling at such a young age? The rejection of kids by clubs could be doing more harm than good. Kids develop at different rates and may not bloom til their mid to late teens and we do not want them to become lost to our game, therefore with EDJSA there is a bit of a safety net. The biggest problem I see is when the kids have taken the STEP UP and then are cut in later years by the Fed teams they are left with a bitter taste in their mouth and many give up the game for good. It comes down to relationships between EDJSA clubs and FED clubs and that all important safety net. Remember as everyone has said previously its about the KIDS, not just mine or yours but everyones and we need to cater for all abilities so that every kid has the right to participate and ENJOY the game for what it is.
yes nicley said

I dont agree with trialling at younger ages , this is what causes so much disloyality in fed clubs , they dont look after the players who started off or made the team what it is , then they re trial and kick kids out. so this is why now even in the adults there are groups of coaches and players moving around seeking the best $$
in the case of players ( young ones) if the fed clubs had any brains they would retain the old and develop a larger club. unfort... that they spend most of their funds into seniors. this is where EDJSA differs its all junior and they are profitable becuase they look after juniors.( most of them )
Australia is about to embark on their 3rd World Cup appearance and SSF has had no input to the Socceroos ability to make it to the last 32.
uhmm the reason why australia got into the world cup these 2 times is becuase of the new format and new direction ! otherwise if we follow EDJSA idea every 32 years we might get a team into the world cup ?
I'm not a fence sitter but for now I believe EDJSA should continue doing what they are doing and if maybe in 5 years time it is proven that they are doing the wrong thing then lets embrace change, til then we'll keep a few eggs in another basket just in case we want poached eggs instead of scrambled!
i guess they have done the wrong thing, sticking your head in the sand isnt exactly doing the right thing :)
Enlighten us all. I would love to know what these "add on fees are". Other than $16-$18 registration and match fees from $7.50 - $11, I am struggling to understand where these other hidden fees are.

Also, if you think E&D is going to join FFSA at a cost to their clubs/parents of $120,000 per annum just so 2% of the players can compete in the dying State Champs - your dreaming!

Remember, "it's about the kids" - all of them, not just a chosen few.
uhmmm the insurance fee you hide into the fees and the extras such as coaching, fines etc....

my point is here its $15 extra its not alot its not $120, 000 for 2 % of players its a giant development program, its onyl $60,000 overall for all the kids!!! kids from from u6 to u8 get free gear and training, special programs and strips. develoment training with the new 1 4 3 3 style and many other benefits. The insurance covers a miriad of things form aprents taking time off paid leave for lookign after theor kids inhjured through soccer , 20 Mill cover on commitee members and clubs , there tons of great protecton insurance all for $5 not bad. coaches are introduced to the new devleopement programs the best in the world use it! there is alot of positives for 15 dollars . i think what it is EDJSA exec's dont want to take a few dollars off and give some to FFSA : ) personally i know it s never easy but the idea is footbal becomes one group at the moment - there is a large split based on what i feel is personal issues rather than for the kids.

anyway i merely want to challange the thought process and also get a feel for opinions, without an argument you dont answers :)

The Boss
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Boss »

goal!!! wrote: uhmmm the insurance fee you hide into the fees and the extras such as coaching, fines etc....

my point is here its $15 extra its not alot its not $120, 000 for 2 % of players its a giant development program, its onyl $60,000 overall for all the kids!!! kids from from u6 to u8 get free gear and training, special programs and strips. develoment training with the new 1 4 3 3 style and many other benefits. The insurance covers a miriad of things form aprents taking time off paid leave for lookign after theor kids inhjured through soccer , 20 Mill cover on commitee members and clubs , there tons of great protecton insurance all for $5 not bad. coaches are introduced to the new devleopement programs the best in the world use it! there is alot of positives for 15 dollars . i think what it is EDJSA exec's dont want to take a few dollars off and give some to FFSA : ) personally i know it s never easy but the idea is footbal becomes one group at the moment - there is a large split based on what i feel is personal issues rather than for the kids.

anyway i merely want to challange the thought process and also get a feel for opinions, without an argument you dont answers :)
Goal.

There are that many holes in your propaganda, I couldn't highlight them all.
Facts:
FFSA Insurance = $17.50 not $5
FFA National Levy = $10
FFSA Development Levy = $5.50
That's a total of $33 before you add in any increases for next year or other fees, per player, not inlcuding registration, team fees or match fees.

E&D don't have any "hidden fees".
If you attend a coaching course, then yes there is a fee, just like FFSA.
If you attract a fine for a breach of the rules, then yes there is a fee, just like FFSA.
And are you aware of the reimbursements E&D give back to the clubs every year? (coaching, ground hire)

If you think paying $150 for an Under 6 to play a 15 minute game organised by volunteer parents is good value and gets you your "free" gear, then good luck.

You really need to sit down and gather your facts before you post on here looking for opinions because you will just get shot down until you present a reasonable and factual argument. :clown:
Walter Landor

BIG RED
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BIG RED »

If Im not mistaken all E&D clubs are currently paying for there player insurance on a club by club basis.(you would hope players were covered by insurance) And I think you will find that this would add up to a fairly sizeable $ figure if you had access to all the numbers.

If E&D clubs were to have players pay a FFSA $17.50/player insurance amount wouldnt E&D clubs save on the costs they are currently paying in player insurance?

I wonder what each of the E&D clubs are currently paying for insurance on a per player basis is?

Havent we had this discussion before :roll: BR likes to look at all sides of the equation :wink: and yes Im wasting my breath I know :roll: :roll:

quote TB - If you think paying $150 for an Under 6 to play a 15 minute game organised by volunteer parents is good value and gets you your "free" gear, then good luck.

oh and TB seeing you like to see people get their facts right under 6 SSF play 30 minute games not 15 minute games as you state :wink: (exactly the same as E&D Under 6 mod rules)