Cautionable/Send Off Offences

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Cautionable/Send Off Offences

Post by Red-4-Life »

Cautionable Offences

A play is cautioned and shown the Yellow Card if he commits any of the seven offences:

Y1 - is guilty of unsporting behavior
Y2 - shows dissent by word or action
Y3 - persistently infringes the Laws of the Game
Y4 - delays the restart of play
Y5 - fails to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or
throw- in
Y6 - enters or re-enters the field of play without the referee's permission
Y7 - deliberately leaves the field of play without the referee's permission

A substitute or substituted player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following three offences:

1 - is guilty of unsporting behavior
2 - shows dissent by word or action
3 - delays the restart of play

Sending Off Offences

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off and shown the Red Card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

R1 - is guilty of serious foul play
R2 - is guilty of violent conduct
R3 - spits at an opponent or any other person
R4 - denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity by deliberately
handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
R5 - denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s
goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
R6 - uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gesture
R7 - receives a second caution in the same match.

A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off and shown the red card must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

http://www.mdfra.com.au/codes.htm

Just to clear up with anyone who may be unsure about them!

Astroboy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Cautionable/Send Off Offences

Post by Astroboy »

I still remember the days when locally we had about 40 offences for Yellow cards and over 30 for red cards. Was a tad ridiculous when 90% of them were just Y1 or R1 lol. There was everything from "Dangerous Lateral Tackle" to "Dangerous Studs Up Tackle". I seem to remember a 2nd yellow red card was an R27 or something ridiculous!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Cautionable/Send Off Offences

Post by Red-4-Life »

Astroboy wrote:I still remember the days when locally we had about 40 offences for Yellow cards and over 30 for red cards. Was a tad ridiculous when 90% of them were just Y1 or R1 lol. There was everything from "Dangerous Lateral Tackle" to "Dangerous Studs Up Tackle". I seem to remember a 2nd yellow red card was an R27 or something ridiculous!
:lol:

good luck trying to remember that off by heart! much more simpler now, and some YC offences can fall under 2 different catergories. eg...kicking ball away can be dissent or delaying the restart of play