Sunday Premier League Predictions REVISITED

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Sunday Premier League Predictions.

Post by redfred »

Farpost wrote:I'm sure Adam Malia and the centre half
mel graziano,$$$$$ for sure
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Gardensgoon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gardensgoon »

redfred wrote:
apparently rob saraceno only played there for his short stint for the love of the shirt as well :lol:

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Farpost wrote:
Fulham don't pay? How long have you been at Fulham? - I'm sure Adam Malia and the centre half (both decent players) you had a few years back were not just there for the western suburbs atmosphere and short blacks
Been at Fulham almost 20 years and yes 7 or so years ago there were a few individual players getting some dollars but since Lawry has been back at the club that no longer happens and that is a fact.

The players you r mentioning that got paid u would have to ask them direct cos it is not for me to say on here who was getting paid and who wasn't but like I said that is long gone.

I guess that the club has been fairly stable and in recent years developed its juniors since then goes a lot to say about the old systems that were in place and the current system.

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

I guess there are quite a few clubs that pay individual players to come to the club or give them free registration or things like that, but do the majority of clubs pay their players if they win a game?

Are there any clubs going around that you know of that don't reward their players for a win in some form?

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

gardensgoon wrote:
redfred wrote:
apparently rob saraceno only played there for his short stint for the love of the shirt as well :lol:
I know Rob very well and was part of the reason he came to the club for that short stint and can say for a fact he didn't get a cent while he was at the club - his old man was heavily involved in the foundations of the club.

He has been offered dollars by plenty of other amateur clubs but has always said if he plays amateurs it will only be at Fulham cos he knows a lot of the boys there, is close to home and his old man knows just about every one on the committee.

football lad 1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by football lad 1 »

1, Florina
2, Farm
3, Vale
4, Downs
5, Fullum
6, Pontian
7, Vikings
8, Gardens
9, Beach
10, Westies

Florina do look strong, buh think they could struggle if they get injuries, dont see much depth?? but if there players stay fit and not many injuries teams will challenge them but wont tip them over.. Farm have been very good last couple of seasons, think this year will be a good 1 again.. Vale with a much stronger team that last season, with Chris back in the squad and a couple of other signings think they will be a team to look out for.. Downs lost Bert but added Morrison and Cartwright, will be a tough team to beat.. Fullum to be the dark horse dont know much about them but think they will make some upsets this season but not enough to make top 4.. Pontian will have an off on season i think but will be mid table.. Vikings to have a year like pontian.. Gardens saw a couple of pre season games and i know thats not much to go by but dont think they will have a good year but wont get relegated.. Beach to come up and go down think this could happen in a few years to come.. Westies seen them play a few trials n dont look good heard they have players out but even with a couple of ins dont think they will stay in div 1..

grouse n' ice
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by grouse n' ice »

Top goal scorer - Go The Toffees
Most red cards - Beachdriller
Most hatred from sidelines - indivoneagain

Also, Johnny M to score at least two own goals playing against beach as part of the masterplan :wink: :wink:
I am not an alchoholic. Alchoholics go to meetings!

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

football lad 1 wrote:1, Florina
2, Farm
3, Vale
4, Downs
5, Fullum
6, Pontian
7, Vikings
8, Gardens
9, Beach
10, Westies

Florina do look strong, buh think they could struggle if they get injuries, dont see much depth?? but if there players stay fit and not many injuries teams will challenge them but wont tip them over.. Farm have been very good last couple of seasons, think this year will be a good 1 again.. Vale with a much stronger team that last season, with Chris back in the squad and a couple of other signings think they will be a team to look out for.. Downs lost Bert but added Morrison and Cartwright, will be a tough team to beat.. Fullum to be the dark horse dont know much about them but think they will make some upsets this season but not enough to make top 4.. Pontian will have an off on season i think but will be mid table.. Vikings to have a year like pontian.. Gardens saw a couple of pre season games and i know thats not much to go by but dont think they will have a good year but wont get relegated.. Beach to come up and go down think this could happen in a few years to come.. Westies seen them play a few trials n dont look good heard they have players out but even with a couple of ins dont think they will stay in div 1..
Add adam malia to the downs line up as well and they may be a little bit stronger than your 4th suggests... :shock: :shock: :shock:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Sunday Div 1 will be intersesting

We have played Gardens, Florina, The Downs and we play the Vale on Sunday. They have all beaten us they all have strengths and probably players to come in also BUt The Downs have been the most convincing team we have played.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Left Right Out wrote:Sunday Div 1 will be intersesting

We have played Gardens, Florina, The Downs and we play the Vale on Sunday. They have all beaten us they all have strengths and probably players to come in also BUt The Downs have been the most convincing team we have played.
Big preseason there LRO. May as well get the boys ready. How are things looking at the Gully this year?

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Jay Walking wrote:

Big preseason there LRO. May as well get the boys ready. How are things looking at the Gully this year?
Gday Jay,

Off the field Jay things are great at the Gully, New Changerooms are up and Running, Our New Clubrooms are 90% complete and look fantastic (Maybe open in May). We have Seniors, Ressies, C Team, Over 35's and then theres our juniors (approx 500).
On the field things are going reasonably well (Should a coach ever be satisfied??) but we have had a heap of Colts come through to add to our already existing players and a few new experienced players. We are travelling well BUT have played very good Div 1 opposition but thats where we want to be so its been challenging BUT I also think the players havent looked out of place. At the end of the day we are travelling well and will be ready for the first game VS Port Pirie at Home.

How about Ingle Farm?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Left Right Out wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

Gday Jay,

Off the field Jay things are great at the Gully, New Changerooms are up and Running, Our New Clubrooms are 90% complete and look fantastic (Maybe open in May). We have Seniors, Ressies, C Team, Over 35's and then theres our juniors (approx 500).
On the field things are going reasonably well (Should a coach ever be satisfied??) but we have had a heap of Colts come through to add to our already existing players and a few new experienced players. We are travelling well BUT have played very good Div 1 opposition but thats where we want to be so its been challenging BUT I also think the players havent looked out of place. At the end of the day we are travelling well and will be ready for the first game VS Port Pirie at Home.

How about Ingle Farm?
Not to bad. Lost a few players, picked up a few. Our first 11 for A's and B's still looks pretty strong so here's hoping for a good year. Should find out in about a month if our Federal government grant through the Salisbury Council gets up for a $2 million upgrade for the soccer and baseball club which is badly needed.

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

Is Dave Beaman still coaching at Westies? I am assuing all the Port Lion heads are still there, Doran Lachlen Tim and Michael and now the youngest matt

My tip is young Foureur, Matty to get sent off more than once this year and miss more game than he playes!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Heard that Pontians may be picking up a couple more good quality players, so I will tip them to finish top 3 or 4.
Ignore this signature

Bluedad
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Bluedad »

Pontians will finish mid-table. No higher!
A Persons future behaviour is accurately forecasted by their past behaviour.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Bomber wrote:Heard that Pontians may be picking up a couple more good quality players, so I will tip them to finish top 3 or 4.
I think a lot of clubs will have a close eye on Pontians this year.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Jay Walking wrote:
Bomber wrote:Heard that Pontians may be picking up a couple more good quality players, so I will tip them to finish top 3 or 4.
:shock: :oops: :cry:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

lefty wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:
:shock: :oops: :cry:
Sounds like they have a few new good recruits, I wouldn't take them lightly this year

sprogget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by sprogget »

Dave Beaman no longer at westies,have n't heard where he has gone. Could have stayed as .long as he wanted in my opinion. Of the Port boys he brought to the club Doren is still there as is Michael Foureur,Tim Foureur still recovering from an ACL reconstruction but going well and should be ready around half way. There young brother matt may struggle to make the A's but is good enough if he knuckles down to it. Lachlan Smith is back playing reserves at the pirates. Predict the second half should be the better half of the year.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

What team are you in Sprogget?

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

1. Salisbury Florina
2. Elizabeth Vale
3. Ingle Farm
4. Fulham
5. Pontian Eagles
6. Elizabeth Downs
7. Parafield Gardens
8. Adelaide Vikings
9. West Beach
10. P/H West

Just going on the pre season results as that's all we've got at this stage.
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

Dickie Bird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dickie Bird »

After watching the Downs score a couple past Munno Para last thursday, smart money is now on Cartwright to win player of the year. Makes it look very easy.

pottermus
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by pottermus »

Is the rumour true that Shaun Robertson has left Westies to go to Modbury Jets.

Apparently unhappy at club he has been to for a lot of years.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

pottermus wrote:Is the rumour true that Shaun Robertson has left Westies to go to Modbury Jets.

WOW! If true westies are really screwed.
Is that feds or amateur Jets?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

East Boy wrote:
pottermus wrote:Is the rumour true that Shaun Robertson has left Westies to go to Modbury Jets.

Feds, Robbie Watkins is the Ressies coach up there.

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

East Boy wrote:

Have westies lost anyone else this week?

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

on the side wrote:
East Boy wrote:

Have westies lost anyone else this week?
Van Rys Wyk - Retired (Gone to follow his surfing career)
HA'WAY THE LADS

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Did hear confirmation of the Sean Robertson rumour last night talking to one of the Modbury Jets players.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

are there two Sean Robertsons ?
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

brett wrote:are there two Sean Robertsons ?
Yep, one that plays for us and one did play for Westies.