Group D: Germany v Australia

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Group D: Germany v Australia

Post by Chade »

admin wrote:Moore had an absolute shocker.

Too often the lazy sod is walking back when he has been caught out of position.

Goal 1 - ball cut back across the box - what was Moore doing?...out of position and walking back
Goal 2 - Schwarzer
Goal 3 - Podolski fools Moore before laying the ball of to Muller. What does Moore do? He is out of position and he walks back
Goal 4 - Not directly Moores fault but where is he? He is 20metres away from the play and he is walking

The two central defenders need to work as a team and provide cover for each other. Too often during the game Craig Moore was caught behind the ball and walking back towards his own goal.

We were lucky to escape with 4-0 - it could have been worse!!

In that first goal there were 7 Australian players in the defensive zone and only 3/4 German players. The 3 German players strung 2 passes together and slapped the ball into the back of the net without any real pressure from the 7 Australian players. Very poor defending.
Even more, with have 3 (bottle of shiraz THREE) defensive midfielders on the pitch (Culina's not effective), we didn't close down cabernet in the midfield. The first two goals were from balls that should have never been delivered into the box. No wonder Grella was taken off at half-time. He and Moore were very poor.

robs2107
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by robs2107 »

Sack Viddie
Ernie Merrick: Of course I am happy when my team scores a goal, it's just that sometimes I forget to tell my face. (On why Ernie doesn't smile on the sideline.)

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

welcome to the real world of football, where only EUROPEANS know how to shiraz play!!!! so......LEAVE THE SOCCEROO'S ALONE..........THERE AN ASIAN TEAM NOT EUROPE, THEY GAVE IT A GO!
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

lol

well with Pim at the helm what do expect ! honestly changing the team and playing most of the players out of position - well done

makes you wonder if he is trying to emabarass the aussies.

lucas neil - kept germany on side , then complained eveytime.. and ive never been so dissapointed in our aussies with desent - every time germany got the ball they winged and comaplained , sowre at the ref and really showed unsportmanship conduct... im sorry but they needed to be thrashed to show how stupid they look.

anyway lets hope they can hold out on ghana and serbia 2 teams that are likely to run circles around aussie if they play some stupid football again.

Seriously Pim has no idea he's not a Guus panic and stress the plan to play a mid fielder up front and allow his defensive midfielders to ignore key germany players

ahhhhhhh

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

we got what we deserved. why would you play a formation and team through the friendlies then change on match day one? drifting balls in to cahill to beat two centre halves both over six foot was a great tactic... almost looked like the lads thought it was kennedy in the middle the way they lofted the crosses in.. now we must win our last two games and i hope we start with two forwards on the park!!!
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

sparts wrote:we got what we deserved. why would you play a formation and team through the friendlies then change on match day one? drifting balls in to cahill to beat two centre halves both over six foot was a great tactic... almost looked like the lads thought it was kennedy in the middle the way they lofted the crosses in.. now we must win our last two games and i hope we start with two forwards on the park!!!
adelaide united plays better, but carn't score....thank u...
RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Hawkesy wrote:
TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC wrote:we played a 4-3-0................thats how shhhitt it was!
fancy playing the germans with only 8 players. Silly really.

Bottom line is germany were quality and could have scored more. Completely outclassed. More reason why I hope England win their group and I don't want to face them in the next round.

Looking at this germany team and their age, put you money on it now 2014 they will win the world cup.
:wink: agreed, looked quality but only 'cause the aussies let them.

Question is who or how do you stop them?
Their passsing to feet was impressive and the way they got numbers, sorry EFFECTIVE, numbers back behind the ball was precission.
I would say military precission but they lost 2 world wars :P
VERY dissapointed at the diving, VERY. :evil:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

the fans at rosemont this morning of the game......

video....

http://player.video.news.com.au/adelaidenow/#1521266455

calin an emma still chins up girls....well done true an loyal supporters.....

and the fans pictur gallery in sth africa......

see any 1 yah know.......

lol
we still have the hottest chicks in australia......take a look i mean hot ot otttt.......
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/wor ... 784?page=1
RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

It was tough to watch us complain in the first half when it was obvious they were just making smarter runs then were used. We kept playing the offside and they were too smart for us as we continued to play a high line with that quality of ball coming through. Needed to have somone dropping off and play deeper once it was obvious we were out of the game. Its called damage control. When Cahill was sent off I would of settled for a 2 nil loss.

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

I blame the altitude.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Mad_Max wrote:I blame the altitude.
Its going to be tough to bounce back from this but its doable.

notisre
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by notisre »

powerhouse totally outclassed oz. simple as that. im sure the media will use the red card or the ref as a scapegoat. no understanding that last WC was a 1 time thing. blame the afl mentality

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

sparts wrote:we got what we deserved. why would you play a formation and team through the friendlies then change on match day one? drifting balls in to cahill to beat two centre halves both over six foot was a great tactic... almost looked like the lads thought it was kennedy in the middle the way they lofted the crosses in.. now we must win our last two games and i hope we start with two forwards on the park!!!
true. every cross was a far end cross, some even too far for kennedy's use. what it the tactic there??? hoping to score from some freak headed lob over the keeper??? :?

the aussies have some things to work on.

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:It was tough to watch us complain in the first half when it was obvious they were just making smarter runs then were used. We kept playing the offside and they were too smart for us as we continued to play a high line with that quality of ball coming through. Needed to have somone dropping off and play deeper once it was obvious we were out of the game. Its called damage control. When Cahill was sent off I would of settled for a 2 nil loss.
spot on

pinger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by pinger »

The Socceroos are too old = too slow especially in the back line.
I personally was impressed with both Serbia and Ghana - they play with heart and will give even Germany a tough game. Both these teams have a solid defence and frankly I can't see the socceroos beating them.

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

coachingsoccer wrote:red card for Cahill (not 100% if it was a red card to be honest).
Tackle from behind no? Or do you coach that?

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:
Its going to be tough to bounce back from this but its doable.
Ukraine proved four years ago you could lose your opening game 4-0 and progress.

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by redmum »

I blame the vuvuzela.
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL

jimbo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jimbo »

TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC wrote:welcome to the real world of football, where only EUROPEANS know how to shiraz play!!!! so......LEAVE THE SOCCEROO'S ALONE..........THERE AN ASIAN TEAM NOT EUROPE, THEY GAVE IT A GO!
I hope next time we draw Brazil or Argentina as they aren't from Europe and therefore don't know how to play!!!!

pingers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by pingers »

pinger wrote:The Socceroos are too old = too slow especially in the back line.
I personally was impressed with both Serbia and Ghana - they play with heart and will give even Germany a tough game. Both these teams have a solid defence and frankly I can't see the socceroos beating them.
When i first looked at this i was struggling to remember when i wrote it. :lol:

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

a defence as slow as the socceroo's back 4 should NOT be playing that high up the pitch. Pim should be shot for thinking that was a good idea.

All in all, if you didnt see this result coming, you havent been watching the socceroo's for the past 18 months.

All good and well barely beating scubber teams in Asia but when you come up against quality like this you can see we were always going to get belted.

It scares me what a Spain, Brazil or Argentina would do to us....

Dingo
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dingo »

Its the world cup and not play time at the local kindy. We were beaten by a much bettter team.

Moore should not have made the final squad let alone play in the first 11. Too old, too slow, bad attitude and sacked, again, by his club.

Two games that we must win. Today our path to the next round was made a lot harder. One win and a draw wont get us there now. We are no longer in complete control of our destiny. Two wins might not get us there should Germany lose a game.

To get through to the next round we have to be clear second best in the group. We must outplay and beat Ghana and Serbia - no hanging on for a lucky goal against the run of play. Time for the Socceroos to stand up to be counted like the team of 2006 otherwise they are going home with their tail between their legs.

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

how the fans summed it all up after the game in sth africa......
with mark viduka making a coment as well....
http://player.video.news.com.au/adelaidenow/#1521245388
RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

The Germans were too strong and smart for the Australians. I look forward to their next games.

Neill and Moore were pathetic. STFU with the complaints and calls for offside!

Cahill's send off - as harsh as it seems - was the correct decision. A tackle from behind, which endangers the safety of an opponent has to be sanctioned as serious foul play and any act of serious foul play is punishable by a red card. It is not relevant that Cahill "pulled out" of the tackle. He still cleaned up the German from behind.

A penalty should have been awarded to the Australians when the score was 2 nil. Other than that, the officials got most decisions right. It was good to see cautions awarded for the simulations.

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

Rob Lozza wrote:The Germans were too strong and smart for the Australians. I look forward to their next games.

Neill and Moore were pathetic. STFU with the complaints and calls for offside!

Cahill's send off - as harsh as it seems - was the correct decision. A tackle from behind, which endangers the safety of an opponent has to be sanctioned as serious foul play and any act of serious foul play is punishable by a red card. It is not relevant that Cahill "pulled out" of the tackle. He still cleaned up the German from behind.
A penalty should have been awarded to the Australians when the score was 2 nil. Other than that, the officials got most decisions right. It was good to see cautions awarded for the simulations.
then it was no worse than a proffesional foul. yellow card at worst.

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

Rob Lozza wrote: Neill and Moore were pathetic.

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

sparts wrote:we got what we deserved. why would you play a formation and team through the friendlies then change on match day one?
I couldn't understand this either.
Feel Good Inc.

Heaven Up Here
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Heaven Up Here »

FPV #18 wrote:then it was no worse than a proffesional foul. yellow card at worst.
Take your opinion over Rob Lozza's... leave it out!!! :clown:
Set sails in those turquoise days

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

anyone else hear bosnich's spray on fox sports

exactly what i was thinking, verbeek deserves to give us an answer to many issues

where was bresciano? why didnt kewell come on? why did you change your bottle of shiraz team?

twat
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season