Its time for the video referee in this competition

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Cocko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Its time for the video referee in this competition

Post by Cocko »

It takes only seconds to get a replay, its high time that video ref was used in the world cup and end the bulls.h.i.t decisions that causes so much heartache to countries all over the world. Referees are only human they quite often get it wrong let the video help make all contraversial decions!
If your not happy with this post, get in the FAR QUEUE

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Its time for the video referee in this competition

Post by PhilDunphy »

would save teams goals and players, harsh penalty decisions and red card decisions would be lifted and a fair result for both teams - NO POST MATCH WHINGING! :lol:

juve4ever
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by juve4ever »

It wouldn't really eliminate whining completely. There will still be those decisions that aren't black and white that will be left up to the ref's interpretation of the rules.

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

Others would say: Wot about the universality of the game? Would a video referee be available at the lowest village green game?

perfect video review would be welcome, but it can't happen according to the Laws board I.F.A.B.

Cocko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cocko »

I rest my case that was in by 1 metre Linesman was 10 yards behind should be 2-2

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

for such an important tournament....yes

Porcupine
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Porcupine »

Cocko wrote:I rest my case that was in by 1 metre Linesman was 10 yards behind should be 2-2

It was well over, but not by a metre.
Pining for the pork of the porcupine

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Clear goal, time for FIFA to use fourth official for video's on goals.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Con wrote:Others would say: Wot about the universality of the game? Would a video referee be available at the lowest village green game?

perfect video review would be welcome, but it can't happen according to the Laws board I.F.A.B.
I'm sure the village green would have referees from neutral countries, a fouth official, LED time boards.... :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Cocko wrote:I rest my case that was in by 1 metre Linesman was 10 yards behind should be 2-2
More like 4-2 on chances, mind you England robbed of a perfect goal.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Wouldn't make a difference now
Germany tore the English to shreds in the 2nd half

Cocko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cocko »

Con wrote:Others would say: Wot about the universality of the game? Would a video referee be available at the lowest village green game?

:? :!: !

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Cocko wrote:

:? :!: !
Con's actually correct here. This is the excuse that the 'powers that be' continually trot out to avoid using any technology. Everybody but them can see it's crazy.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

name another sport where they use video replays in every level of the game?

Crappy excuse if you ask me.

Could you imagine cricket without the third umpire?
Even tennis has shown that in every game the linesman makes 3 or 4 errors every game.

I think the problem is ruining the flow of the game, i believe that if the ref wants to hand out a red card, or it's in the box that you can go to a replay. Anything else : diving outside the box etc. Is all retrospective and players can be booked after the fact.

Les Murray made a good point that before the cameras come in, and extra official should be stationed on the goal line, having said all that it still didn't make a difference in the Europa League, they still missed so many things.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Litmanen wrote:name another sport where they use video replays in every level of the game?

Crappy excuse if you ask me.

Could you imagine cricket without the third umpire?
Even tennis has shown that in every game the linesman makes 3 or 4 errors every game.

I think the problem is ruining the flow of the game, i believe that if the ref wants to hand out a red card, or it's in the box that you can go to a replay. Anything else : diving outside the box etc. Is all retrospective and players can be booked after the fact.

Les Murray made a good point that before the cameras come in, and extra official should be stationed on the goal line, having said all that it still didn't make a difference in the Europa League, they still missed so many things.
I think that, wherever reasonably practicable, technology should be used. The camera doesn't lie and it's so fast these days to get a replay that the old excuse of it slowing the game down really doesn't wash any more. The trouble is, the people running the game are all older than me, which makes them virtual fossils, and they are resistant to change. It will happen, but when?
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

Can't happen. Don't be bored. Google The Laws Board decision of 6th March 2010 "IFAB decides not to pursue goal-line technology". Full stop. After years of trials, kapput.

The International FA Board is made up of 8 voting delegates - one each for Scotland, Wales, England & Northern Ireland, and 4 votes for FIFA representing the other 204 member countries. For a law to be passed a 3/4 majority is needed, ie 6 out of 8 votes.Why does FIFA solely get blamed for this situation?

ps, a World Cup Final (1966) no less, WAS decided by a bad goal-line call when England's 3rd "goal" in extra time didn't cross the line...

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con wrote:Can't happen. Don't be bored. Google The Laws Board decision of 6th March 2010 "IFAB decides not to pursue goal-line technology". Full stop. After years of trials, kapput.

The International FA Board is made up of 8 voting delegates - one each for Scotland, Wales, England & Northern Ireland, and 4 votes for FIFA representing the other 204 member countries. For a law to be passed a 3/4 majority is needed, ie 6 out of 8 votes.Why does FIFA solely get blamed for this situation?

ps, a World Cup Final (1966) no less, WAS decided by a bad goal-line call when England's 3rd "goal" in extra time didn't cross the line...

Bloody hell, I've never heard that before! Thanks so much for pointing that out Con :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

That's rubbish because the LOTG say "Nets may be attached to the goals and the ground behind the goal, provided that they are properly supported and do not interfere with the goalkeeper".

The reason the word "may" is in there is so that LOTG can cater for all levels of the game right down to grass roots level.