Uruguay v Netherlands

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Uruguay v Netherlands

Post by Kitchimo »

The all orange strip is very unnerving on the eye.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Uruguay v Netherlands

Post by Kitchimo »

:shock: :shock: :shock: GIO!!!!!!!!!

Championships

Cups

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Interesting decision (re overhead kick).

Championships

Cups

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

jabulani to the rescue, 1-1

Championships

Cups

Ocean Rain
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ocean Rain »

Kitchimo wrote:The all orange strip is very unnerving on the eye.
What about Muslera's kit? I don't think I've ever seen a white keeper's kit let alone someone wear one.
Screaming from beneath the waves

Steward
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Steward »

Kitchimo wrote:jabulani to the rescue, 1-1
Coincidentally both teams are playing with it, so its a level playing field.

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

Ocean Rain wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:The all orange strip is very unnerving on the eye.
What about Muslera's kit? I don't think I've ever seen a white keeper's kit let alone someone wear one.
it was one of the puma releases for the world cup, cause not a great deal of teams were wearing white.

even man u had a white keeper kit last season. different story there tho

Ocean Rain
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ocean Rain »

FPV #18 wrote:cause not a great deal of teams were wearing white.
You really are a muppet.
  1. England
  2. United States
  3. Algeria
  4. Slovenia
  5. Ghana
  6. Greece
  7. New Zealand
  8. Honduras
  9. Germany
  10. Slovakia
That's more than 25% of the tournament and all of England's group :clown:

In fact, more first choice kits are white than any other color in this tournament.

10 White
8 Red
3 Green
3 Yellow
3 Blue
2 Amber
1 Aqua
1 Aqua/white
1 Red/white

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

Ocean Rain wrote:
You really are a muppet.
  1. England
  2. United States
  3. Algeria
  4. Slovenia
  5. Ghana
  6. Greece
  7. New Zealand
  8. Honduras
  9. Germany
  10. Slovakia

In fact, more first choice kits are white than any other color in this tournament.

10 White
8 Red
3 Green
3 Yellow
3 Blue
2 Amber
1 Aqua
1 Aqua/white
1 Red/white
well thats 10 out of 32 :clown:

why do u think apparel companies have chosen white for Gk's in the WC dumbass?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Well done to the dutchies......only 1 step to complete for the ultimate prize. :D

Looking forward to tommorows game, hope it is a tough game and both sides are out on their feet at the end.

5 or 6 red cards to the winning side wouldn't go astray either :wink:

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

credit to the dutch, usually they get close but fail. this time they have gone 'nearly' all the way, and could very well win it. sneijer is for me the best player of the tournament and they will need him to fire in ONE more game.

what would be a beter final you people rekon?

netherlands v germany

or

netherlands v spain

?

Steelinho
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Steelinho »

Netherlands v Spain would be more interesting for the fact that it would guarantee a completely new World Champion.

Netherlands v Germany would probably be much more entertaining, though.

Ocean Rain
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ocean Rain »

Ocean Rain wrote:
more first choice kits are white than any other color in this tournament.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Steelinho wrote:Netherlands v Spain would be more interesting for the fact that it would guarantee a completely new World Champion.

Netherlands v Germany would probably be much more entertaining, though.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

I think Germany will win because Spain will want to head back to get ready for their Tomatino Festival coming up soon.

Was very suprised to see some of the Dutch players celebrating, giving each high fives during a substitution,with 5 minutes plus injury time still left on the clock ,and the score is only 3-1 ??? How dumb and dangerous is that ? As it turned out Uruguay scored,made it 3-2,Holland started to panic,Uruguay nearly scored again.
My coach would have blasted us for celebrating like that,before the final whistle.
Reminded of another game,when we use to get the British soccer on free to air,was the last game of the season,Championship decider,was being broadcast live all around the world. The match was between Liverpool and Arsenal,( in the late 80's ? ).Peter Beardsly was playing for Liverpool ( who were leading by a goal at the time ),asked his coach how long to go,coach said 4 minutes. So peter B went around telling all his players,no worries lads,only 4 minutes to go,you could see the whole team relax.....and you thought uh-oh......you can guess what happened,Arsenal scored two quick goals,won the game,won the title.
Because at the end of the day, goes to show even at that level ,we can all get caught up in the emotion,because we are only human.
Last edited by The General on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

The General wrote:I think Germany will win because Spain will want to head back to get ready for their Tomatino Festival coming up soon.

Was very suprised to see some of the Dutch players celebrating, giving each high fives during a substitution,with 5 minutes plus injury time still left on the clock ,and the score is only 3-1 ??? How dumb and dangerous is that ? As it turned out Uruguay scored,made it 3-2,Holland started to panic,Uruguay nearly scored again.
My coach would have blasted us for celebrating like that,before the final whistle.
Reminded of another game,when we use to get the British soccer on free to air,was the last game of the season,Championship decider,was being broadcast live all around the world. The match was between Liverpool and Arsenal,( in the 80's ? ).Peter Beardsly was playing for Liverpool ( who were leading by a goal at the time ),asked his coach how long to go,coach said 4 minutes. So peter B went around telling all his players,no worries lads,only 4 minutes to go,you could see the whole team relax.....and you thought uh-oh......you can guess what happened,Arsenal scored two quick goals,won the game,won the title.
Because at the end of the day, goes to show even at that level ,we can all get caught up in the emotion,because we are only human.
Just looked it up in wikepedia,the game was 1988-89 season.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Great game great goals, who cares about shirt colours.

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

Well shiraz me! Exciting finish and 5 goals in the game, the fifth time in 61 matches this tournament.

The neutrals would have been happy. And the jubelani ball finally did it's job and bamboozled the 'keepers.

At this rate if just 10 more goals are scored in the remaining 3 matches the average will hit 2.3, surpassing the all-time low of 2.2 @ Italia '90

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

The General wrote:
The General wrote:I think Germany will win because Spain will want to head back to get ready for their Tomatino Festival coming up soon.

Reminded of another game,when we use to get the British soccer on free to air,was the last game of the season,Championship decider,was being broadcast live all around the world. The match was between Liverpool and Arsenal,( in the 80's ? ).Peter Beardsly was playing for Liverpool ( who were leading by a goal at the time ),asked his coach how long to go,coach said 4 minutes. So peter B went around telling all his players,no worries lads,only 4 minutes to go,you could see the whole team relax.....and you thought uh-oh......you can guess what happened,Arsenal scored two quick goals,won the game,won the title.

Liverpool weren't leading by a goal at the time. In fact they didn't score in the game. Arsenal had to win by two clear goals to take the title. I don't know what was worse... Michael Thomas scoring that goal or Liverpool buying him afterwards. He was a rubbish player at best.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

FPV #18 wrote:
Ocean Rain wrote:
You really are a muppet.
  1. England
  2. United States
  3. Algeria
  4. Slovenia
  5. Ghana
  6. Greece
  7. New Zealand
  8. Honduras
  9. Germany
  10. Slovakia

10 White
8 Red
3 Green
3 Yellow
3 Blue
2 Amber
1 Aqua
1 Aqua/white
1 Red/white
well thats 10 out of 32 :clown:

why do u think apparel companies have chosen white for Gk's in the WC dumbass?
It's a subliminal message about apartheid...like Kimba the White Lion :idea:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
The General wrote:

Liverpool weren't leading by a goal at the time. In fact they didn't score in the game. Arsenal had to win by two clear goals to take the title. I don't know what was worse... Michael Thomas scoring that goal or Liverpool buying him afterwards. He was a rubbish player at best.
Thankyou for clearing that up,Liverpool must've only needed a draw then....they thought they had it,what a shame..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

very nervous during that game, i was expecting the usual Dutch Choke to smaller footballing nations (e.g. euro 2008)

so happy we got through though!

we didnt play well at all... but still scored 3 goals

i would rather play spain than germany next monday

ill be at the rosemont to watch it!!

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

The General wrote:Thankyou for clearing that up,Liverpool must've only needed a draw then....they thought they had it,what a shame..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just needed to avoid a defeat by two goals or more.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Some great goals, especially Van Bronckhorst and Forlan's. Sneijder also cant stop scoring. I thought the Netherlands were always going to be too good for Uruguay, and it wont surprise me if they win the final

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

I'm tipping the Netherlands for this game :mrgreen:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kitchimo wrote:Interesting decision (re overhead kick).
Rubbish decision by the ref to book him. Brave (or stupid) defending and it's only a foul because he connected, but there was absolutely no intent, his eyes were on the ball all the time. Struck it well though - his head that is.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

If you are late in a slide tackle, with no intent (intent is not relevant, but that's besides the point), you miss the ball but your eyes are always on it, but you end up taking out a player's legs (let's say from behind) in a dangerous manner, what should the punishment be?

It is simply 'rubbish' because he was attempting a bicycle kick? I think he should have got red. He just kicked a guy in the face.

Championships

Cups

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kitchimo wrote:If you are late in a slide tackle, with no intent (intent is not relevant, but that's besides the point), you miss the ball but your eyes are always on it, but you end up taking out a player's legs (let's say from behind) in a dangerous manner, what should the punishment be?

It is simply 'rubbish' because he was attempting a bicycle kick? I think he should have got red. He just kicked a guy in the face.
Comparing apples and pears which, from someone with legal training, is disingenuous to say the least. With a slide tackle, you know you are going to make contact, you can see the opponent. With the overhead kick he had no idea the defender was even there, let alone going to stick his nut in the way.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:If you are late in a slide tackle, with no intent (intent is not relevant, but that's besides the point), you miss the ball but your eyes are always on it, but you end up taking out a player's legs (let's say from behind) in a dangerous manner, what should the punishment be?

Comparing apples and pears which, from someone with legal training, is disingenuous to say the least. With a slide tackle, you know you are going to make contact, you can see the opponent. With the overhead kick he had no idea the defender was even there, let alone going to stick his nut in the way.
In executing a slide tackle (from any angle) if is quite possible to miss both the ball and the player. (I've done so on numerous occasions :lol:).

I think your last line makes my point ("he had no idea").

Championships

Cups

LeicesterCity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LeicesterCity »

What about Muslera's kit? I don't think I've ever seen a white keeper's kit let alone someone wear one

Peter Shilton was the first I think. Wore one in the late 1960's