Embarassing Socceroo supporters behaviour

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Embarassing Socceroo supporters behaviour

Post by Hawkesy »

ozzie owl wrote:
povman_2009 wrote:Meanwhile back at the topic ....
yes, back to the troublemaking australian football supporters.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

seanason
Star Player
Star Player

Post by seanason »

Hawkesy wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
povman_2009 wrote:Meanwhile back at the topic ....
yes, back to the troublemaking australian Rugby/Cricket/AFL supporters.
fixed it for you ;)

mr.t
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by mr.t »

Hawkesy wrote:yes, back to the troublemaking australian football supporters.
link
GET SOME NUTS!

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

mr.t wrote:
link

what's that got to do with football?
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

mr.t
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by mr.t »

Hawkesy wrote:
mr.t wrote:
link

what's that got to do with football?
:wink: :lol:
GET SOME NUTS!

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

Red-4-Life wrote:
"We were seated in the same area as the bottles were being thrown, and there was plenty of angry people," the Brisbane 23-year-old said.

"I can sort of understand why it happened, although it's not a great look.

"I'm here with eight mates and most of them are rugby league fans that we convinced to come to Africa and support the Socceroos. That referee let the Australian public down.

"It's no wonder people acted like that, because how's the Australian public meant to get behind football when we keep copping decisions like that."
If you ever wanted a fine example of how Americanised Australian society has become, it's the words of wisdom coming from this genius :roll: Australia didn't do anything wrong, it's everyone elses fault, playing the victim, blah, blah, blah :roll:
Red-4-Life wrote:
Another supporter, who did not wish to be named, alleged that Ghanian fans were called "black c...." by a group of Australians while celebrating the Socceroos' first goal of the tournament.
I find it suprising that Bogans could actually AFFORD to go to South Africa to be racist. Must be all the dole cheques they're claiming fraudulently :clown:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

povman_2009 wrote:I was in the middle of one of the groups who decided to throw bottles and a couple of half eaten Boer Wors rolls, interesting at the next game the bottles of beer were out and they served up plastic cups ... maybe should have been that way in the first place, reduce the temptation for the morons...

We were with the Fanatics tour group and it is sad to say that this group has the wrong name, about 15% of the fans are what I would call fanatical the others are just sit down merchants with no real passion, I agree that it takes all types to make up a crowd but they should really have done a better job of housing those who wanted to stand and chant / sing together and put the rest in the background somewhere...

Re bottle throwing, a couple of guys around me got told by myself and many others to pull their heads in .. .the two Aussie guys that nearly went at each other was a bump in the corridor that upset one of them who had been badly agitated all game and had tried to find a fight with several people.

Overall the crowd behaviour from all reports was far better than the average Cricket match in Australia and the police / security seemed quite well organised and not over officious ...

The racial stuff I did not hear , and if I had I would have gotten security involved, there is no excuse for that crap anytime any place...

Just thought I would put in some "eye witness" info guys.
Agree with that. The Ghana and Serbia games were better for chanting etc as more of us were seated together and there were a lot less horns.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Knight7 wrote: I also agree that there were a lot of 'non' Football, supporters in Green and Gold, however we would have had well less than half of the numbers if it wasn't for the cricket and rugby and probably AFL Fans that were there. Next time Povman go with the Green and Gold Army, whilst smaller in numbers they are the 'true' Australian Football Fans

I bet the Fanatics don't arrange trips to Qatar

They are more the 'sometimes Fanatics"
I was on the Fanatics trip and there were a lot of people who like many codes. I went there with a Crows top. I wouldn't say that the Fanatics are less true Australian Football Fans but they did attract others on their tour because of all the extra things they put like like 4 concerts, a safari tour, shopping tour and township tour with a legacy program they created. The Fanatics tour had a lot more value and probably is probably known more than the Green and Gold Army to those outside of the hardcore Socceroos followers.

The 2000 Fanatics marching from Kingsmead to Durban stadium was amazing!!!!!!

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

9.35 wrote:
Translator wrote:Australian football has and will always suffer because of their ties to england.

Utter tripe.
How so? Can you tell me what the english have actually done to better the game in this country?

Go back to the start of the state league and the founding national league what was the english involvement? While many nationalities played a part even the Jews with Sydney City where were the english?

Do you ever wonder why Australia are well represented at commonwealth sports like cricket and rugby yet football struggles to even get on the sport pages for decades?

The list of negatives I could tie back to the english would be enough to start a book, the only positive I can think of is in SAASL with the likes of Downs, Vale etc.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

Translator wrote:Do you ever wonder why Australia are well represented at commonwealth sports like cricket and rugby yet football struggles to even get on the sport pages for decades?
That's because Australian football wasn't being run for the Australian public. It was being run for the European communities who were more interested in servicing their own interests than anyone elses.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Peter_Griffin wrote:
Translator wrote:Do you ever wonder why Australia are well represented at commonwealth sports like cricket and rugby yet football struggles to even get on the sport pages for decades?
That's because Australian football wasn't being run for the Australian public. It was being run for the European communities who were more interested in servicing their own interests than anyone elses.

:clown: with NFI.

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

ozzie owl wrote:
Peter_Griffin wrote:

:clown: with NFI.
Ok then, Professor shiraz FOOTBALL, why don't YOU explain it?

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Jay Walking wrote:
Knight7 wrote: I also agree that there were a lot of 'non' Football, supporters in Green and Gold, however we would have had well less than half of the numbers if it wasn't for the cricket and rugby and probably AFL Fans that were there. Next time Povman go with the Green and Gold Army, whilst smaller in numbers they are the 'true' Australian Football Fans

I bet the Fanatics don't arrange trips to Qatar

They are more the 'sometimes Fanatics"
I was on the Fanatics trip and there were a lot of people who like many codes. I went there with a Crows top. I wouldn't say that the Fanatics are less true Australian Football Fans but they did attract others on their tour because of all the extra things they put like like 4 concerts, a safari tour, shopping tour and township tour with a legacy program they created. The Fanatics tour had a lot more value and probably is probably known more than the Green and Gold Army to those outside of the hardcore Socceroos followers.

The 2000 Fanatics marching from Kingsmead to Durban stadium was amazing!!!!!!
needs to be remembered that 1000's of South Africans all wore 'bafana bafana' strips or T-Shirts, which were also yellow, which looked "Australian" to an extent.

Shame on the bottle throwers at the Ghana game, I know people who personally saw and 1 who admitted to throwing bottles, the witnesses I spoke to said the majority were part of the fanatics (un confirmed) but spoke to one guy from green and gold army tour who admitted throwing a bottle,

Unsure how you maeasure 'value' on these trips, as both travel groups had the view of providing a tour and making $$$ as they are travel companies,

agreed though extremely doubt the fanatics will organise a tour to Qatar, but on that note doubt the GGA will either, instead will organise a travel group, done independantly but 'with' other GGA members

Again, the bottle throwers are a disgrace and if identified should be banned !!!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Agree about the bottle throwing, find them and ban them.

The GGA V Fanatics is an interesting debate. For mind, I think those who went on each tour probably would of chosen the same tour again. Each group had its good points and bad points, its benefits of the locations and the hinderances of the locations.

Interesting to see what happens with Brazil.