Liverpool v Arsenal

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Liverpool v Arsenal

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Half time 0-0 but Pool down to 10 men. Glad I didn't pick Cole in my fantasy team.

3 tackles that all looked pretty similar to me: Gerrard on Eboue, Wilshere on Mascherano and Cole on Koscielny. First one gets a telling off, second one a yellow and third one a red. I don't really care what the referee decides is appropriate, but where's the consistency? They probably all deserved just a yellow imo.

Love these games, a win-win for a Spurs fan. I get to take the piss out of someone whatever the result :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal

Post by Judge Judy »

Dodgy red. Good finish by Ngog, not so great goalkeeping so far from Almunia.
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

bottle of shiraz reina own goal 90th minute,.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

4-1 wrote:Dodgy red. Good finish by Ngog, not so great goalkeeping so far from Almunia.
Almunia is shite but it appears that Reina has some comedy value as well :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

chardonnay Koscielny gettting his red that he deserves,f uckwit

not a bad result, 10 men for ~50 minutes, 9 men for one period, Arsenal were rubbish

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

4-1 wrote:chardonnay Koscielny gettting his red that he deserves,f uckwit

not a bad result, 10 men for ~50 minutes, 9 men for one period, Arsenal were rubbish
agreed, what an arsehole, how dare he get in the way of a shocking challenge

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

doubt that ref will be getting too many big games anytime soon... pretty bloody ordinary
neither red should have been given and there was no consistancy
also, the Spanish keeping stocks don't look so great now do they... both keepers at fault for the goals, although if you told me that I was going to have a laugh at one of the errors before the game I would have put my house on Almunia

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

we looked more dangerous with 10 men. n'gog looks very good. jovanovic had a decent debut but disappeared at times. gerrard looks up for it this season too :D 1-1 is an okay result but arsenals goal was lucky otherwise i doubt they would've scored. good to see el nino back. not a red for joey. his momentum took him through and there was no intent at all but must say Koscielny's second yellow was harsh although he should of been booked when he brought torres down (we didn't even get a foul) decent game to watch. happy with the point. man city next

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Will definitely take a point given those circumstances.
Shame we conceded a soft goal, but I could never hold anything against Reina..I love him too much. Very nice goal from N'Gog.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Dan Agger wrote:Will definitely take a point given those circumstances.
Shame we conceded a soft goal, but I could never hold anything against Reina..I love him too much. Very nice goal from N'Gog.
how is your head feeling dan?

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Loppermann wrote:

agreed, what an arsehole, how dare he get in the way of a shocking challenge
then get stretchered off only to come back on :roll:

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Dan Agger wrote:Will definitely take a point given those circumstances.
sums up my thoughts on the game.

Looking forward to seeing Torres and N'Gog together upfront. Hopefully with Aquilani feeding them through balls.

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

4-1 wrote:then get stretchered off only to come back on :roll:
he was off the pitch after the tackle, the game wasn't delayed at all... don't really know why you're complaining
bitter?
only your keeper to blame

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Loppermann wrote:
he was off the pitch after the tackle, the game wasn't delayed at all... don't really know why you're complaining
bitter?
Because he was a soft champagne, feigning injury in order for the punishment to be more severe. Don't pretend you don't know that. Silly troll.
The Kop wrote: sums up my thoughts on the game.

Looking forward to seeing Torres and N'Gog together upfront. Hopefully with Aquilani feeding them through balls.
Would work quite well with them two up front in my opinion, but I'm not so sure we'll see the two of them together in the near future. N'Gog is a quality young striker though.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

totsreds08 wrote:we looked more dangerous with 10 men. n'gog looks very good. jovanovic had a decent debut but disappeared at times. gerrard looks up for it this season too :D 1-1 is an okay result but arsenals goal was lucky otherwise i doubt they would've scored. good to see el nino back. not a red for joey. his momentum took him through and there was no intent at all but must say Koscielny's second yellow was harsh although he should of been booked when he brought torres down (we didn't even get a foul) decent game to watch. happy with the point. man city next
Agree with just about all said tots

thought gerrard could've easily been sent off, but because it's him, won't happen!!!

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Judging by the sides he sent out at Fulham, I rkn there's a good chance we'll play 2 upfront against teams we're expected to beat.

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

Dan Agger wrote:
Loppermann wrote:
bitter?
Because he was a soft champagne, feigning injury in order for the punishment to be more severe. Don't pretend you don't know that. Silly troll.
you would have got those Liverpool coloured glasses cheaper at the Optical Superstore, don't let Specsaver's name fool you...
of course, everything's a massive conspiracy against Liverpool... never mind that Gerrard should have been sent off and Torres booked for diving... better ring up Michael Moore, this is a bigger conspiracy than 911
also, by the same notion, isn't your namesake also a "soft champagne"?
he spent longer off the pitch

takeonthekeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by takeonthekeeper »

doubt that ref will be getting too many big games anytime soon... pretty bloody ordinary
also, the Spanish keeping stocks don't look so great now do they... both keepers at fault for the goals, although if you told me that I was going to have a laugh at one of the errors before the game I would have put my house on Almunia
So you are saying that a double footed studs up challenge after the ball is gone isn't a red card :lol: he was also sprinting into the tackle.
you would have got those Liverpool coloured glasses cheaper at the Optical Superstore, don't let Specsaver's name fool you...
ring up Michael Moore, this is a bigger conspiracy than 911
why call him when we have honepsi yourself :wink:
"My Legs Sort Of Dissapered From Nowhere"

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Don't think Cole's was a red..

Good to see Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, and Arsenal all dropping 2 points already :D

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Joe Cole welcome to Anfield
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Loppermann wrote:
Dan Agger wrote:
Loppermann wrote:
bitter?
also, by the same notion, isn't your namesake also a "soft champagne"?
he spent longer off the pitch
Yeah definitely..I agree that Agger was trying to get the ball sent off for hitting him in the face.. :roll:
The fact that Agger came back on was pretty impressive, he didn't look like he knew what day of the week it was.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Joe Coles foul was not a read but what was Reina doing?

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

ozzie owl wrote:Joe Coles foul was not a read but what was Reina doing?
an Almunia impersination.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I know it's the first game and it's difficult to judge after the sending off, but I can't see ManU or Chavski quaking in their boots after watching those two. Very ordinary looking.

Goons kept the ball well but had nothing up front. Without Fabregas they are nothing special. Mind you, neither were Liverpool for the first 45.
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

ahh well, we've already bettered the corresponding result from last season!

only 19 more to go :lol: :lol:

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

if it was not a red why did he walk off the pitch and not return?
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
if it was not a red why did he walk off the pitch and not return?
lrn to troll.
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

takeonthekeeper wrote:
So you are saying that a double footed studs up challenge after the ball is gone isn't a red card :lol: he was also sprinting into the tackle.
ring up Michael Moore, this is a bigger conspiracy than 911
why call him when we have honepsi yourself :wink:
the studs weren't up and it Cole's foot didn't really connect with Koscielny anyway... based on other decisions the ref made it was harsh... like letting Gerrard off with only a talking to with an extremely late studs up challenge from behind

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

Dan Agger wrote:Yeah definitely..I agree that Agger was trying to get the ball sent off for hitting him in the face.. :roll:
The fact that Agger came back on was pretty impressive, he didn't look like he knew what day of the week it was.
how do you know Koscielny was trying to get Cole sent off? Did you ask him? Why would he want his team to have to play with 10 men for 5 minutes?

bet you wouldn't have been praising Agger for coming back on if he'd forgot which end he was supposed to score at... 8)

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Loppermann wrote:
Dan Agger wrote:Yeah definitely..I agree that Agger was trying to get the ball sent off for hitting him in the face.. :roll:
1. Why would he want his team to have to play with 10 men for 5 minutes?

2. bet you wouldn't have been praising Agger for coming back on if he'd forgot which end he was supposed to score at... 8)
1. So that the other team would have to play with 10 men for 45 minutes :roll:
2. Depends how sweet of a goal it was.