Chelsea V Newcastle

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Chelsea V Newcastle

Post by Le King »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:well i would love to hear the Man United young guns who will set the premier league a light?

we are at least trying to get some academy players pushing through to the first team, we have already seen Kakuta, Bruma, Sturridge in the EPL this year

The last player who came through ANY academy in the premier league and set it alight is probably wayne rooney at everton, and before him michael owen at liverpool.

Kakuta might be the only HALF decent player out of the lot you named, but all he really has is pace going for him.

Manchester United might not have superstar players coming out of there academy like the class of 92, but what they have are alot of players that play the system and go out there and do the job.

Superstars dont win trophies, teams do

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

but really how much of these kids do you really get to see?

teams going for the big trophys will rarely ever have first or second year kids slotting into a starting position, its just not that easy
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Chelsea4thewin wrote:well i would love to hear the Man United young guns who will set the premier league a light?

we are at least trying to get some academy players pushing through to the first team, we have already seen Kakuta, Bruma, Sturridge in the EPL this year

The last player who came through ANY academy in the premier league and set it alight is probably wayne rooney at everton, and before him michael owen at liverpool.

Kakuta might be the only HALF decent player out of the lot you named, but all he really has is pace going for him.

Manchester United might not have superstar players coming out of there academy like the class of 92, but what they have are alot of players that play the system and go out there and do the job.

You didn't win anything without Ronaldo last year.....

Kakuta has more than just pace. Van Aanholt is quite good too. I think you're underestimating the young players we have...

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

Red-4-Life wrote:Newcastle winning is great but (i havent seen) im assuming Chelsea rested a lot of key players.

Carling Cup = a waste of time
but of course, you wouldn't be saying that if you hadn't just lost to Northampton

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Litmanen wrote:You didn't win anything without Ronaldo last year.....
We've won 2 trophies since C. Ronaldo's departure.
Litmanen wrote:I think you're underestimating the young players we have
Not our fault. We only see them once a year, then their off to the lower leagues.
Feel Good Inc.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

El Capitano wrote:
Litmanen wrote:You didn't win anything without Ronaldo last year.....
We've won 2 trophies since C. Ronaldo's departure.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

I don't see it.

Busy day at the office, spell it out for me please.
Feel Good Inc.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

El Capitano wrote:I don't see it.

You didn't win the league, CL, or FA cup since he's gone, you've only won second rate cups and you know it...

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Blue text would of saved me from this useless discussion. My bad.
Feel Good Inc.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Loppermann wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:Newcastle winning is great but (i havent seen) im assuming Chelsea rested a lot of key players.

Carling Cup = a waste of time
but of course, you wouldn't be saying that if you hadn't just lost to Northampton
yes i would, always have thought the Carling Cup was a joke, FA Cup is the real deal.

Metal Face
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Metal Face »

Litmanen wrote:

You didn't win the league, CL, or FA cup since he's gone, you've only won second rate cups and you know it...

You talk like he has been gone for 5 years

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

MUFCBOY wrote: The last player who came through ANY academy in the premier league and set it alight is probably wayne rooney at everton, and before him michael owen at liverpool.

Why is every Man U supporter I hear comment on football in general such a fucking arrogant wanker?

Are they just bred like that? Spoiled by the 90's/00's?

Get a grip.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Xplosive wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote: The last player who came through ANY academy in the premier league and set it alight is probably wayne rooney at everton, and before him michael owen at liverpool.

Why is every Man U supporter I hear comment on football in general such a fucking arrogant wanker?

Get a grip.
I like this guy.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Xplosive wrote:

Get a grip.
It's usual for teams that wear red I think :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

hero2zero wrote:
Scholesy_18 wrote:

Chelsea dont push players through most of them get sent out on loan never to be heard of again and then that Russian crook just gets his chequebook out
About the first time i can recall Chelski playing more than one young player in any of their games! Usually play all experinced 'reserves'. Unlike Arsenal and Man Utd who have been doing it for years and therefore IMO have better depth but not neccessarily better first 11's.
:shock: Hold ya horses................who have Man Utd bought through the ranks in regards untried players :?: Im struggling to name more than Evans and Rafael... Do tell :?
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

and i cant say Rafael or Evans or too impressive either

didnt Rafael give away a stupid red card against bayern?
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

hero2zero
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by hero2zero »

How many games (premier League, Champions League) have Kakuta and Bruma actualy started. You carry on like like Chelski are the West Ham of player production! The first time Chelski play more than two young players they lose to Newcastle Reserves, Get a grip kid.
Man United and arsenal have given more young players a senior game than most top teams.

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

hero2zero wrote:How many games (premier League, Champions League) have Kakuta and Bruma actualy started. You carry on like like Chelski are the West Ham of player production! The first time Chelski play more than two young players they lose to Newcastle Reserves, Get a grip kid.
Man United and arsenal have given more young players a senior game than most top teams.
and you carry on like West Ham are the Ajax of player production :shock:

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

hero2zero wrote:How many games (premier League, Champions League) have Kakuta and Bruma actualy started. You carry on like like Chelski are the West Ham of player production! The first time Chelski play more than two young players they lose to Newcastle Reserves, Get a grip kid.
i guess we dont really need to seeing we did the English double last year

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

:shock: Hold ya horses................who have Man Utd bought through the ranks in regards untried players :?: Im struggling to name more than Evans and Rafael... Do tell :?
Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Brown, O'Shea, Evans, Di Silva, Fletcher, Gibson.........

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Litmanen wrote:

we won trophys before ronaldo, with ronaldo, and we will win more without him
thats what makes Manchester United so shiraz great :D

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Jimbob wrote:
Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Brown, O'Shea, Evans, Di Silva, Fletcher, Gibson.........
exactly, fletcher, evans and gibson might not be superstar players, but they go out there and get the job done.

name me any team thats produced 5 superstar players from there youth in 1 go? it just doesnt happen. you will get some above average and maybe 1 superstar

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
exactly, fletcher, evans and gibson might not be superstar players, but they go out there and get the job done.

name me any team thats produced 5 superstar players from there youth in 1 go? it just doesnt happen. you will get some above average and maybe 1 superstar
real madrid man!! zidane, figo, beckham, roberto larcos, zizou, gravesen, owen, and that's just 5!
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

yeh they all came from madrids youth system, how could i forget owen and beckham
:clown:

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

not really any recent players through the academy then

giggs, neville, scholes all the wrong side of 30, its probably not really relevant because when these players started in the early 90s most of the players were english born

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:not really any recent players through the academy then

giggs, neville, scholes all the wrong side of 30, its probably not really relevant because when these players started in the early 90s most of the players were english born
This is just the players that are currently playing for United. Lots have left the club over the years after playing for the first team after coming through the academy.

Sorry but you can't really accuse United of not developing young players. And these young players have to break into league/european cup winning teams thus making it even harder. Young players at other clubs like Liverpool would find it a lot easier to break into the first team.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Players like Kakuta, Sturridge, and van aanholt are players that we will help get to a first team level, we can't simply spend all the money we used to.

We've also tried getting Neymar, and Lukaku, to add to Ramires, and John Obi Mikel ( who Man U were going to sign... you know... that team that's awesome with youth products).

We bought Yossi for cover, same with Jerkoff, but other than that even Turnbull is young.

The only reason the reserves of other teams start in EPL fixtures is due to lack of depth in the squad, you know that, i know that.... everyone knows that!

Madridista612
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Madridista612 »

OldRedback wrote:Couldn't agree more C4W - amazed this game was worthy of a whole topic let alone people getting excited about it - this is a cup designed for the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and Man Utd ( :wink: last season!) to try and get some silverware because they won't win anything really worth having!
I would imagine that big clubs in England would want to win any trophy before them, particularly seeing as their the only nation in the big 3 leagues which can opt for the septuple (Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League, Carling Cup, World Club Cup, UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield) is it? Guaranteed place in history for any team that could do that.
ESPAÑA CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO 2010

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Litmanen wrote:John Obi Mikel ( who Man U were going to sign... you know... that team that's awesome with youth products)
Not "were", we did sign him. The prick voided his contract because he was allegedly "forced" and "pressured" into signing for us :roll:

No harm done. Mikel's a dud, dunno how hes starting at Chel$ki. Then again theres always one crap guy in great teams.
Feel Good Inc.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

El Capitano wrote:
Litmanen wrote:John Obi Mikel ( who Man U were going to sign... you know... that team that's awesome with youth products)
Not "were", we did sign him. The prick voided his contract because he was allegedly "forced" and "pressured" into signing for us :roll:

No harm done. Mikel's a dud, dunno how hes starting at Chel$ki. Then again theres always one crap guy in great teams.

Mikel hahaha and we got about 12 mil pounds for him
shiraz dudd of a player he's turned out to be

kakuta, sturridge and bruma have only played 17 snr games for chelsea between them, so how can you even rate them... its too early