SAASL 2010 Cup Finals...tbc

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

SAASL 2010 Cup Finals...tbc

Post by swannsong »

A long day for me left home at 7:45am..train-tram....4 games of football....800 photographs (many seem to be crap :( )...tram...bus...taxi...home by 8:45pm. Photos might take a while to go through and get up :shock:

SAASL Challenge Cup Final ( sponsored by Top Corner Sports )
Salisbury Florina ( 2 ) Parafield Gardens ( 3 )
Trevor Elliott, Michael Brooks .. Daniel Riding, Paul Ebomo,Freddy Agius.

Parafield took the lead very early (Daniel Riding...I think) and then Paul Ebomo ( I think ) and Freddy Agius stretched Gardens lead to 0-3 within 22 minutes. Aaron Westervelt struch Gardens cross bar and eventually Trevor Elliott pulled a goal back for Florina before the break. Florina looked a lot more organised and determined in the second half and Michael Brooks scored in the opening 5 minutes to make it a very tense game right up until the final whistle in the 97th. minute !.
Jarred Foster won the Templin medal.

SAASL Reserve Cup Final ( sponsored by Banner Hardware )
Hahndorf ( 0 ) Ingle Farm ( 3 )
Joseph Tasovac,Toby Dodd, David Eggers.

Ingle Farm Reserves took an early lead against Hahndorf. David Eggers contributed to the scoreline with Farm's 3rd goal ( and saluted the empty Manton Street End :D ) and also was named the Don Coppola medal. Joseph Tasovac also made the score sheet...not sure of the other scorer.
PS - Toby Dodd was nutmegged...but nutmegged someone a Hahndorf player...so I guess they cancel each other out :D .

SAASL Over 35's Final
MC Woodpeckers ( 3 ) Para Hills East ( 1 )
MC Woodpeckers tore open Para Hills Easts defence and captured their second Cup Final win in 3 seasons.

E&DJSA Colts Final.
Tea Tree Gully ( 0 ) Ingle Farm ( 2 )
Joshua Barton, David Coverdale.

A good win for Ingle Farm's Colts making it 2 Cup wins in a row and a League Cup double for 2010.
Ingle Farms keeper was one of the best on ground in my eyes. When Farm scored their first goal the goalscorer slid towards his friends in the crowd, a second played did a celebratory slide and slid straight into the goalscorer who went off injured :lol: not really funny... but was in a way !

Last edited by swannsong on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 2010 SAASL Cup Finals....with pics

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Fantastic Day . . . look forward to seeing those photos Swanny
HA'WAY THE LADS

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

geez that's harsh to say I was nutmegged, he just went to pass it up the line :lol:
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Fantastic Day . . . look forward to seeing those photos Swanny
How's the face, saw you decided to lay down for a while during the game :wink:

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

swannsong wrote:
A little sore this morning pit of a purple colour to the eye, keep in mind it was a hot day and I was very tired. Didn't like the attitude of some of the supporters who told me to get back up, they obviously didn't realise how hard it was running out there. Legs are a bit sore but all in all well worth it. Glad I didn't take the "easy" option half way through the year and stuck it out, right Jay??
HA'WAY THE LADS

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Great day out at Hindmarsh. Have to give the league credit for having the finals there. Players love the idea and its great to watch the games at.

Over 35's Game
Para Hills East 1 V Woodpeckers 3
Woodpeckers were pretty dominant in the first half which is all that I really saw. Moved the ball well and created plenty of chances. They positioned themselves really well.

Reserves Cup Final
Ingle Farm 3 V Handorf 0
We were a little worried going into this game with all the talk of who Handorf had in their team. Our guys came out right from the start and won everything. We were very disciplined in defence, opened up the midfield really well and created a lot in attack. Won nearly every 50/50 ball, won the second ball and kept posession really well. Atonement for last years Cup Semi Final was the big message that was put out by the coaches and the boys played their hearts out. Couldn't be happier with their effort and performance. Goal Scores were Joe Tasovac, Toby Dodd and David Eggers. Had to love the Eggs celebration, running to Farm Hill to wave to the boys :lol: . Those three guys along with Brad Donovan, Paul Francken, Cam Hawkins, Huey Tran, Lloyd Townsend, David Ennis, Mick Vassalli, Andy Lynn, Mark Bromley and Graham Elrick played really well. That 4 reserves cups in 5 years. Well done to Leon and Anto for coaching the Ressies to another trophy. The Farmy Army was back in force again. Very Loud and Very Proud!

1st Team Cup Final
Parafield Gardens 3 V Salisbury Florina 2
Entertaining game which at 20 minutes looked like it was going to be a bath. Florina's shape was ordinary with players pushing too far forward, losing shape and giving easy balls away. Gardens ran at Florina hard and scored within 90 seconds through Daniel Riding. After 10 minutes they added a second and at the 22nd minute Freddy Aguis picked up a gift ball and smashed home a quality strike from 25 yards. Aaron Westervelt hit the crossbar with a free kick and Florina had their chances but Gardens were very clinical.
Second half was a different story. Florina made some changes and looked a lot better. Trevor Elliot I think scored early in the first half and Michael Brooks scored the goal of the day to make it too and Florina really started to come at Gardens. Anthony Stam made a couple of great saves to deny Westervelt but you always felt Gardens were destined to win the game.
Not sure who won Best on Ground as we had to head off to open up the club to celebrate.

Great day, great weather and well done to all the winners.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
swannsong wrote:
A little sore this morning pit of a purple colour to the eye, keep in mind it was a hot day and I was very tired. Didn't like the attitude of some of the supporters who told me to get back up, they obviously didn't realise how hard it was running out there. Legs are a bit sore but all in all well worth it. Glad I didn't take the "easy" option half way through the year and stuck it out, right Jay??
Exactly right mate :!: :D

Does the sore head have anything to do with leaving the club at 5am last night?
Last edited by Jay Walking on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Jay Not Walking wrote: Does the score head have anything to do with leaving the club at 5am last night?
Nah mate I left pretty early have to work today so I needed some sleep plus I was knackered after the warm up let alone the game :D
HA'WAY THE LADS

Tigerboy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Tigerboy »

Jay Not Walking wrote:Great day out at Hindmarsh. Have to give the league credit for having the finals there. Players love the idea and its great to watch the games at.

Over 35's Game
Woodpeckers were pretty dominant in the first half which is all that I really saw. Moved the ball well and created plenty of chances. They positioned themselves really well.

Reserves Cup Final
Ingle Farm 3 V Handorf 0
We were a little worried going into this game with all the talk of who Handorf had in their team. Our guys came out right from the start and won everything. We were very disciplined in defence, opened up the midfield really well and created a lot in attack. Won nearly every 50/50 ball, won the second ball and kept posession really well. Atonement for last years Cup Semi Final was the big message that was put out by the coaches and the boys played their hearts out. Couldn't be happier with their effort and performance. Goal Scores were Joe Tasovac, Toby Dodd and David Eggers. Had to love the Eggs celebration, running to Farm Hill to wave to the boys :lol: . Those three guys along with Brad Donovan, Paul Francken, Cam Hawkins, Huey Tran, Lloyd Townsend, David Ennis, Mick Vassalli, Andy Lynn, Mark Bromley and Graham Elrick played really well. That 4 reserves cups in 5 years. Well done to Leon and Anto for coaching the Ressies to another trophy. The Farmy Army was back in force again. Very Loud and Very Proud!

1st Team Cup Final
Entertaining game which at 20 minutes looked like it was going to be a bath. Florina's shape was ordinary with players pushing too far forward, losing shape and giving easy balls away. Gardens ran at Florina hard and scored within 90 seconds through Daniel Riding. After 10 minutes they added a second and at the 22nd minute Freddy Aguis picked up a gift ball and smashed home a quality strike from 25 yards. Aaron Westervelt hit the crossbar with a free kick and Florina had their chances but Gardens were very clinical.
Second half was a different story. Florina made some changes and looked a lot better. Trevor Elliot I think scored early in the first half and Michael Brooks scored the goal of the day to make it too and Florina really started to come at Gardens. Anthony Stam made a couple of great saves to deny Westervelt but you always felt Gardens were destined to win the game.
Not sure who won Best on Ground as we had to head off to open up the club to celebrate.

Well done to Ingle Farm on winning the Reserves Cup! Some of the Hahndorf boys learnt a big lesson and were out played for most of the game. I still think the fact they got to a cup final being a Div 3 club was still a big shock to the system, but although we lost, we had a fantastic day and it was great to be a part of!!!!

Hope we get to do it again sometime! :D

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Jay Not Walking wrote:Great day out at Hindmarsh. Have to give the league credit for having the finals there. Players love the idea and its great to watch the games at.

Over 35's Game

Reserves Cup Final
Ingle Farm 3 V Handorf 0

1st Team Cup Final

Jarrod Foster got that Jay. Well deserved, bit of a quiet achiever Fozzie goes about his business well week in week out. He is so important to our set up, he is the VC of the team & good way for him to finish the great season he has had
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Jay Not Walking wrote:
1st Team Cup Final
Fair summation Jay. Our poor start killed us and we were always pushing the proverbial uphill after letting Gardens go three up. Arguably, it could have been a lot more in the first 20 minutes. Having said this though, i think Gardens should erect a bronze statue of Stam outside their club, kept them in the game with some outstanding glove work. Elliot missed an open header and Azza hit the bar and had one tipped just over in the first half, then he made about 4 fine saves from Azza's free kicks, put off Brooksey enough who sent an open header wayward and then got too a cut back from Brooksey with Azza standing on his own in the box. Any other day and we could have turned it around. Anyway, Gardens deserving treble winners.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

haywood djablowme wrote:

Over 35's Game

Reserves Cup Final
Ingle Farm 3 V Handorf 0

1st Team Cup Final

Jarrod Foster got that Jay. Well deserved, bit of a quiet achiever Fozzie goes about his business well week in week out. He is so important to our set up, he is the VC of the team & good way for him to finish the great season he has had
Great bloke to. Had a beer with him in Suncoast Casino in South Africa. Great laugh.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

haywood djablowme wrote:

Over 35's Game

Reserves Cup Final
Ingle Farm 3 V Handorf 0

1st Team Cup Final

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Was to busy looking at our photos Swanny lol.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

THAT REFEREE IS A FK'N DISCRACE WORST EVER! PLAYED 6.38 MINS INJURY TIME ??? HE THINKS ITS ALL ABOUT HIM !!!
WAS HEARD TO SAY "I WISH IT WENT TO EXTRA TIME" 10 YELLOW CARDS ??? SWEAR YELLOW STUDS UP ON THE KEEPER PLAY ON ??? HE SHOULD WEAR A LIGHT BROWN UNIFORM WITH A RED ARM BAND SUCH A FK HEAD!!! IF THATS THE BEST THAT THE AMATEUR LEAGUE HAS THERE DREAMING HIS A FK'N SHOCKER ......

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

Nuggett you plonka, take it to the Whaa Whaa thread

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Stay classy nugget
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

liver-pool
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by liver-pool »

nuggett69 wrote:THAT REFEREE IS A FK'N DISCRACE WORST EVER! PLAYED 6.38 MINS INJURY TIME ??? HE THINKS ITS ALL ABOUT HIM !!!
WAS HEARD TO SAY "I WISH IT WENT TO EXTRA TIME" 10 YELLOW CARDS ??? SWEAR YELLOW STUDS UP ON THE KEEPER PLAY ON ??? HE SHOULD WEAR A LIGHT BROWN UNIFORM WITH A RED ARM BAND SUCH A FK HEAD!!! IF THATS THE BEST THAT THE AMATEUR LEAGUE HAS THERE DREAMING HIS A FK'N SHOCKER ......
could hardly understand a thing u wrote! FK the ref mate! Should be the last thing on u boys minds!! Ripped em all this year!!

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Got to admit the studs up on the keeper was ugly and expected a red from my angle :?

In the end the ref was closer so he must of seen something I didn't.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

10 yellows x 40 seconds stoppage to write them down = 400 seconds ~ 6 minutes 40 seconds.
Not to mention injuries.....should have been 10 minutes....your just angry because you bit your nails down to the cuticles nuggett :lol:

Enjoy the moment (s).

Kramd
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Kramd »

Good job Swanny. Love to see some photo's of the Colts game.

Have to disagree with your BOG, as I think TTG missed more goals than he saved. I think the TTG keeper had a better game and was clearly fouled on the corner where they scored their first goal. In the end the Farmers were too strong. Well deserved win to them.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Tigerboy wrote:

Over 35's Game

Reserves Cup Final
Ingle Farm 3 V Handorf 0

1st Team Cup Final

Well done to Ingle Farm on winning the Reserves Cup! Some of the Hahndorf boys learnt a big lesson and were out played for most of the game. I still think the fact they got to a cup final being a Div 3 club was still a big shock to the system, but although we lost, we had a fantastic day and it was great to be a part of!!!!

Hope we get to do it again sometime! :D
might have had something to do with all the mid year signings, of which a few were missing from the semi final squad which i'm sure hurt your chances
ImageImage

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

well done to D E for the BOG and the goal, celebration was a shocker :lol:
he did call it friday though
ImageImage

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

40 seconds to write a name on a card? - come on Jay you're having a lend. The only positive thing that could be said for the guy is that he has no bias regarding his pettiness and at times irrational decision making. Let the game flow for heavens sake. I don't think anyone who watched that game would think that 9 or 10 yellow cards was justified. The studs up challenge on the Gardens keeper was probably the only instance where it may have been and he missed it. The quality of soccer in SAASL has risen substantially in the last few years and the League together with all the Clubs need to put their collective heads together and try to devise a plan to help improve the number and standard of referees.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

You Too wrote:40 seconds to write a name on a card? - come on Jay you're having a lend. The only positive thing that could be said for the guy is that he has no bias regarding his pettiness and at times irrational decision making. Let the game flow for heavens sake. I don't think anyone who watched that game would think that 9 or 10 yellow cards was justified. The studs up challenge on the Gardens keeper was probably the only instance where it may have been and he missed it. The quality of soccer in SAASL has risen substantially in the last few years and the League together with all the Clubs need to put their collective heads together and try to devise a plan to help improve the number and standard of referees.
Umm I haven't written anything about the ref :shock:

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Jay Not Walking wrote:
You Too wrote:40 seconds to write a name on a card? - come on Jay you're having a lend. The only positive thing that could be said for the guy is that he has no bias regarding his pettiness and at times irrational decision making. Let the game flow for heavens sake. I don't think anyone who watched that game would think that 9 or 10 yellow cards was justified. The studs up challenge on the Gardens keeper was probably the only instance where it may have been and he missed it. The quality of soccer in SAASL has risen substantially in the last few years and the League together with all the Clubs need to put their collective heads together and try to devise a plan to help improve the number and standard of referees.
Umm I haven't written anything about the ref :shock:
What did you think about the referee on sunday Jay?

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

A bit trigger happy with cards but got the big decisions right other than the challenge of Stam.

In fairness, half the cards were for discent. Keep your mouth shut and the cards would of been less.

Was Steve Cook there, I noticed Mal Thomas in the technical area but not Steve.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Jay Not Walking wrote:A bit trigger happy with cards but got the big decisions right other than the challenge of Stam.

In fairness, half the cards were for discent. Keep your mouth shut and the cards would of been less.

Good observations Jay :wink: Thommo has done a great job stepping into the top job. Champion player & of the club so knows his football

The 2 best ref's in the SAASL done the semi's in John..?? & Steve Craggs, most thought that Craggsy would get the gig. Rumour has it that the ref on Sunday is high up on he refs committee & chose himself for the game :roll: would of rather taken Robinfriday from the line & given it to him!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Jay Not Walking wrote:A bit trigger happy with cards but got the big decisions right other than the challenge of Stam.

Good observations Jay :wink: Thommo has done a great job stepping into the top job. Champion player & of the club so knows his football

The 2 best ref's in the SAASL done the semi's in John..?? & Steve Craggs, most thought that Craggsy would get the gig. Rumour has it that the ref on Sunday is high up on he refs committee & chose himself for the game :roll: would of rather taken Robinfriday from the line & given it to him!
Robin did a great job for our Ressies semi final against East. He is a life member of Easties also. Plus an ex coach of Florina.

You guys at Gardens love the ref that did the cup final, Lefty tells me all the time :lol:

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Sorry Jay.

It was Swanny who mentioned 40 seconds per booking.