Black Kits

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Black Kits

Post by Hawkesy »

According to my source, the amateur league are going to onl give refs one shirt next season and it will be black and as such will be banning teams from playing in black kits.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Black Kits

Post by Jay Walking »

Hawkesy wrote:According to my source, the amateur league are going to onl give refs one shirt next season and it will be black and as such will be banning teams from playing in black kits.
Yep, its an FFA thing. They want all refs in black by 2012.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Jay Not Walking wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:According to my source, the amateur league are going to onl give refs one shirt next season and it will be black and as such will be banning teams from playing in black kits.

that matches what he told me as he said federation would be doing it the year after. Good thing in my opinion.

Oh and add in

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Hawkesy wrote:
Jay Not Walking wrote:

that matches what he told me as he said federation would be doing it the year after. Good thing in my opinion.
only stuffs up vikings i think
ImageImage

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

DOC wrote:only stuffs up vikings i think

adelaide uni

Oh and add in

Brian_7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brian_7 »

That would be great for us as a club that has been around for 75 years as 'The Blacks' being forced to wear another colour kit.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

MA Hawks also.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Uni_Black_10 wrote:That would be great for us as a club that has been around for 75 years as 'The Blacks' being forced to wear another colour kit.
How did you get away with it 10-15 years ago when the referees wore black then?

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Jay Not Walking wrote:
Uni_Black_10 wrote:That would be great for us as a club that has been around for 75 years as 'The Blacks' being forced to wear another colour kit.
You shouldn't have to change your shirt color for the refereeS how stupid is that...

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Jay Not Walking wrote:
They loaned them out a bib. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
Jay Not Walking wrote:
You shouldn't have to change your shirt color for the refereeS how stupid is that...

I agree, the ref should carry around 5 different shirts in case he clashes with either of the teams.

Oh and add in

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Jay Not Walking wrote:
They had a yellow strip too (refs). We also wore black and white stripes for a little while.

What a joke, though. What about the teams that play in dark colours - navy, etc. They clash with black too. I reckon the Victory should have to change their strips too.

Fifa allows refs to wear 4 colours - black, red, yellow and blue. What if they wear all four colours on the same top? You'd never mistake them.

I know the refs assoc is separate from the league, but realistically, if the league has so much money, how much skin off their nose is it to subsidise each ref the $40-50 for the extra top. Really? This is just a cost cutting measure that is really not well thought out.

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Hawkesy wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:
Jay Not Walking wrote:How did you get away with it 10-15 years ago when the referees wore black then?

I agree, the ref should carry around 5 different shirts in case he clashes with either of the teams.
They seem to do pretty well now with just the two...

...and on that note, every team in the league has to have an alternate strip, why not the refs too?

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

blackout wrote:They seem to do pretty well now with just the two...
no, they make do in some instances. eg. what if Iggies (yellow) play adelaide uni (black), what happens when the team playing adelaide uni have a keeper in a yellow shirt?

Seems so much easier to just say that refs wear the traditional colour - BLACK!

Oh and add in

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Hawkesy wrote:
no, they make do in some instances. eg. what if Iggies (yellow) play adelaide uni (black), what happens when the team playing adelaide uni have a keeper in a yellow shirt?

That happens twice a year for the last few years when Uni (black) play Villa (yellow).
The home team changes, and the ref wears the colour of the home team.

ie. at uni, we wear the white alternate, the ref wears black and villa wear yellow.
at villa, they weart thier green alternate, the ref wears jellow and uni wears black.

No really that hard...

especially when, as I said, the teams have to have an alternate strip, to avoid clashes with each other.

Is it the same on sundays when Vale play Vikings?
Last edited by blackout on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Hawkesy wrote:

Iggies then wear their red strip or their red and blue striped strip....
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

blackout wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:

They seem to do pretty well now with just the two...

...and on that note, every team in the league has to have an alternate strip, why not the refs too?
They know which teams they're gonna ref on the day, they don't have to carry around all 5 strips. And the ref is rarely close enough to the keeper to get the two of them confused. They should have an alternate.

Brian_7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brian_7 »

blackout wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:

That happens twice a year for the last few years when Uni (black) play Villa (yellow).

ie. at uni, we wear the white alternate, the ref wears black and villa wear yellow.
at villa, they weart thier green alternate, the ref wears jellow and uni wears black.

No really that hard...

especially when, as I said, the teams have to have an alternate strip, to avoid clashes with each other.

You are trying to explain something simple to a Pom, even worse a cockney wide boy.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

blackout wrote:
Jay Not Walking wrote:
They had a yellow strip too (refs). We also wore black and white stripes for a little while.

What a joke, though. What about the teams that play in dark colours - navy, etc. They clash with black too. I reckon the Victory should have to change their strips too.

Fifa allows refs to wear 4 colours - black, red, yellow and blue. What if they wear all four colours on the same top? You'd never mistake them.

I know the refs assoc is separate from the league, but realistically, if the league has so much money, how much skin off their nose is it to subsidise each ref the $40-50 for the extra top. Really? This is just a cost cutting measure that is really not well thought out.
The SAARA are following the FFA guidelines.

Referees haven't always worn yellow strips. If you started 75 years ago, I can assure you the referees weren't wearing yellow back then.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

From wiki:

Referees, assistant referees and fourth officials wear kits of a similar style to that worn by players. Although not specified in the Laws of the Game, it is considered a principle of football that officials wear shirts of a different colour to those worn by the two teams.[31] In 1998 Premier League referee David Elleray was forced to change his shirt midway through a match between Aston Villa and Wimbledon as it was deemed too similar to that worn by the Wimbledon players.[32] Black is the traditional colour worn by officials, and "the man in black" is widely used as an informal term for a referee,[33] although increasingly other colours are being used in the modern era.[34] The 1994 World Cup was the first in which FIFA allowed officials to wear colours other than black.[35] Referees also sometimes have sponsors' logos on their shirts, although these are normally confined to the sleeves.[36]

Championships

Cups

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Uni_Black_10 wrote:
blackout wrote: That happens twice a year for the last few years when Uni (black) play Villa (yellow).

No really that hard...

You are trying to explain something simple to a Pom, even worse a cockney wide boy.

If you want to talk "simple". How about this one: THE REF WEARS BLACK!

It doesn't get much simpler does it.

Also very simple is the ability to know the difference between a Londoner and a cockney!

Oh and add in

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

At the end of the day it's bloody amateurs

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Kitchimo wrote:From wiki:

Referees, assistant referees and fourth officials wear kits of a similar style to that worn by players. Although not specified in the Laws of the Game, it is considered a principle of football that officials wear shirts of a different colour to those worn by the two teams.[31] In 1998 Premier League referee David Elleray was forced to change his shirt midway through a match between Aston Villa and Wimbledon as it was deemed too similar to that worn by the Wimbledon players.[32] Black is the traditional colour worn by officials, and "the man in black" is widely used as an informal term for a referee,[33] although increasingly other colours are being used in the modern era.[34] The 1994 World Cup was the first in which FIFA allowed officials to wear colours other than black.[35] Referees also sometimes have sponsors' logos on their shirts, although these are normally confined to the sleeves.[36]
If yer really want to get pedantic, the wiki for referee (association football) says:

Modern day referees and their assistants wear a uniform consisting of a jersey, badge, shorts and socks: until the 1950s it was more common for a referee to wear a blazer than a jersey. Traditionally that uniform was almost always all black, unless one of the teams was wearing a very dark jersey in which case the referee would wear another colour of jersey (usually red) to distinguish himself from both teams. At the 1994 World Cup finals, new jerseys were introduced that gave officials a choice of burgundy, yellow or white, and at the same time the creation of the FA Premier League in England saw referees wear green jerseys: both changes were motivated by television considerations. Since then, most referees have worn either yellow or black, but the colours and styles adopted by individual associations vary greatly. For international contests under the supervision of FIFA, Adidas uniforms are worn because Adidas is the current sponsor. FIFA allows referees to wear four colours: black, red, yellow and blue. Along with the jersey, referees are required to wear black shorts, black socks (with white stripes in some cases), and black shoes. The badge, which displays the referee's license level and year of validity, is often affixed to the left chest pocket.

I say take them back to the old days properly. get them to wear a blazer again.

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Hawkesy wrote:
Uni_Black_10 wrote:
blackout wrote: That happens twice a year for the last few years when Uni (black) play Villa (yellow).

No really that hard...

If you want to talk "simple". How about this one: THE REF WEARS BLACK!

It doesn't get much simpler does it.

Also very simple is the ability to know the difference between a Londoner and a cockney!

I think $hit$tirrer is more appropriate...

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

blackout 1-0 hawkesy

Championships

Cups

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

blackout wrote: I think $hit$tirrer is more appropriate...
Well that certainly is "simple".

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

all refs should wear pink. look at rugby league.

seriously:
- changing one man's shirt: $25 max.
- changing a whole club's tradition (eg. uni): min $3000 (6 senior mens I think, then collegiates, then girls, then juniors)

referees traditionally wore black? well, i think that a clubs tradition is more important than the referees (when you consider the club as an entity and the ref as an individual).

i know people will debate this suggestion, but we (vipers) had to buy new kits for our teams this year for this reason. what if refs decided that they'll wear blue or red, and all teams with those colours had to change? That would be at least 40% of the league!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

not all of uni's teams where black and they don't have juniors so your maths doesn't add up. They certainly don't need the 120 shirts for it to add up.

Also, there is more than 1 ref in the league so your $25 is also wrong.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

God is an Englishman wrote:not all of uni's teams where black and they don't have juniors so your maths doesn't add up. They certainly don't need the 120 shirts for it to add up.

Also, there is more than 1 ref in the league so your $25 is also wrong.
Uni do have juniors.

Championships

Cups

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

I agree with Lucas Leiva, refs to wear fluro pink. No one else wears it (except Everton for some horrible reason), it will differentiate them so we can see them and not hit them (I've done that a few times) and will keep things simpler and less confrontational with the clubs who may have conflicting colours.

Black and white stripes and navy blue, do they get too close to the black ref strip? Will this cause problems at games? I played in a game this year where the shirts of both teams conflicted with the ref and we were asked 10 minutes before kick off to change our shirts. The ref refused to wear a bib to help out. In the end our coach was furiously fixing the team sheet to get the numbers right (some players have their own shirts/numbers) and to get the players focussed on the game again.

As for Adelaide Uni Blacks, they have 7 teams in the SAASL (possibly more next year if what I was told is true), 4 teams in the Collegiate league, 2 masters team, 3 womens teams and about 5 or 6 junior girls teams. Let's call it 21 teams at 15 field shirts per team, that's 315 shirts to be replaced. Depending on the cost of shirts, let's say $35 each, that will be over $11,000 to replace all their shirts.

Refs to wear fluro pink!