Results for U/12 Stic

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Suffolk 'N' Good
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Results for U/12 Stic

Post by Suffolk 'N' Good »

Anybody know results?

cannavaronesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Results for U/12 Stic

Post by cannavaronesta »

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soap Box »

I understand the U12 stic teams are playing for development reasons not just to get a win. In which case it doesn't matter what the results were.

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

The results are less relevant points wise but are certainly relevant in the context of the game and the develpoment of it.
Like it or not sport is a results given industry. Harnessing the importance of the results though is a different matter all together. That is where most of us fail.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

rabbit wrote:The results are less relevant points wise but are certainly relevant in the context of the game and the develpoment of it.
Like it or not sport is a results given industry. Harnessing the importance of the results though is a different matter all together. That is where most of us fail.
Sorry, I'm confused; are you saying that the points gained from winning is not relevant but winning is as it shows a teams development?

Personally I'd be more interested in how the they played, win or lose it doesn't matter as a win can easily be gained by using other tactics other than skill.

cannavaronesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by cannavaronesta »

its on development , not scores. i think scores show the level of a team and perhaps how they went to some degree. there was suppose to be points i thought on game play , 1-4-3-3 . i thought its nice to know how u12 went , no need to get snakey. All i observed to most part; bar country , that all teams tried the best to play from back and build play up. considering the very limited time they had they all did pretty well.

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

hey cannavaronesta :)...would be interested in ur thoughts on how teams played...watched a few of the games..and while a fan of the ideas worked on....

.thought that the fact that all had to play out..

.and the other teams knowing what was going on..

.meant some artifical situations...

..eg keeper has ball..opposition knows what's happening and pressing high....

meant 15to 20 players in very tight area... within 30/40 metres of keeper/defense...hard for any team/age to keep possession in that circumstance.

cannavaronesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by cannavaronesta »

my thoughts,

being very honest here, i thought the playing from the back was good.

- Playing from back , pitch was small, box was 1.5 metre from sideline made it difficult to go wide and spread out .
- yes teams pressed extremely hard on playing from back, not that i didnt mind i thought it was good to see how they handle pressure , however being developement squads maybe some fair play from teams OR add restrictions into the game so they allow the teams more time and less pressure( something to sort out soon i guess)

- i thought country while they smashed every side where un fairly using the long bomb and run , no play from the back no real structure. basically kick the ball out over the top onto 1 or 2 strikers. efectively not using any midfield at all. Every time the ball come close it was booted long out.
- some teams never swapped or rotated players which i thought was poor form, considering every player was suppose to have equal time North looked to rotate well and west ( my observations)

i thought the ref was average alot of goals scored from the ball not going out of the box and ref allowing play to continue ?? and poor throw ins never picked up. Time - 25 min games were ofter 20 mins and shortened , last game ref wanted to go home and took 5 mins off both halfs.. poor form i thought. other than that good ref.

South played some great switch play from the back , moving well from one side to the other out the back , east showed some nice passages of possessional play. west looked a little disjointed and still working on structure. North were consistant playing from the back no matter what, some good possional play too. Country had alot of talent and hardened girls but met no criteria i thought ( my understandign they havnt trained to together so in fairness, cant be too critical - however an attempt to try would have been nice :)

overall i thought a much better year and kids looked they enjoyed themselves.

there is some great talent out there and the eventual squad should be a decent side with the mix of quality players in each zone. i know some girls from edjsa going to fed next year who also will be and should be included as they stood out on the cup finals.