Rooney Wants Out.

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Rooney Wants Out.

Post by Nice One Cyril »

e-football wrote:Everton are the big winners out of this.

He will go cheaply due to having only 18months of his contract left.
As someone else pointed out on another thread, what happens if Rooney decides to buy out his contract in the summer? There would be no transfer fee for Everton to share in.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Iniesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iniesta »

Would be awesome if he went back to Everton, although I doubt they'd have that sort of cash, maybe they could find it to bring him back to the club.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Iniesta wrote:Would be awesome if he went back to Everton, although I doubt they'd have that sort of cash, maybe they could find it to bring him back to the club.
:lol: they couldn't afford to buy back Francis Jeffers :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
e-football wrote:Everton are the big winners out of this.

He will go cheaply due to having only 18months of his contract left.
As someone else pointed out on another thread, what happens if Rooney decides to buy out his contract in the summer? There would be no transfer fee for Everton to share in.
That's how I would understand it.

But in e-f's point, wouldnt Everton be big losers if his price is depressed.
They have a 20 or 25% sell-on fee, instead of getting 8-10m, they'd be getting 4-5m or nothing at all if he buys out his ctr.

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

e-football wrote: Who mentioned Paisley?
sorry, best living manager.

@dan agger, doesnt mean his point is a good one, just means hes a good guy lol.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

My point was, Fergie will be gone soon, and Rooney has years ahead of him at the top.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

El Capitano wrote:If Man Utd are lucky to get 20-25mil for Rooney, Then Liverpool would be lucky to get 5mil for Torres.

Man Utd will not settle for anything less than 50mil.
I don't think you read very well.

He can exercise the "Webster Clause" which allows players in the last year of their contract to buy it out for the amount that player would be paid (approx 5 million).

So if they sell him in January, they may get around 20 mill, any later, then the price is driven down.

Do some research.

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

A CANDID Sir Alex Ferguson has explained that super star forward Wayne Rooney does want to leave Manchester United but the club has made a fresh contract offer.

The stunned Man U manager said he "disappointed" and at a loss to explain Rooney's stance as the club had done everything to look after him, on and off the field.

Ferguson had never had an argument with Rooney over his selection, but explained the decision not to play him full games due to his ankle injury.

After days of raging speculation about the 24-year-old's future, a clearly stunned Ferguson broke his silence on the saga by announcing that the club's most important player wanted out of Old Trafford.

"I had a meeting with him. He intimated to me in his own way that he wanted to leave," Ferguson said at an extraordinary press conference ahead of United's Champions League match with Turkish side Bursaspor on Wednesday.

Ferguson, who described himself as "shocked and disappointed" by Rooney's position, said he was unable to provide an explanation for the player's desire to move after six successful years at the club.

"We're as bemused as anyone can be because we can't quite understand why he'd want to leave a club that no-one can deny is the most successful in British football," Ferguson said.

"We've won 40 major trophies, countless cup finals, have a fantastic history, a great stadium, great training arrangements -- a platform for anyone to take up the challenges here. We don't understand it.

"I can't answer your questions about why is he doing it. You can speculate, you can have opinions, it won't matter a dickie bird. Simply because the player says he is adamant. He wants to leave."

Speculation of a breakdown in Ferguson and Rooney's previously close relationship had reached a crescendo after the player was left on the substitutes bench for Saturday's 2-2 draw with West Bromwich Albion.

That snub came after Rooney publicly contradicted Ferguson's assertion that he was suffering from an ankle injury, telling reporters after England's match with Montenegro last week that he was fully fit.

Reports had claimed Rooney and Ferguson's relationship had ruptured in the wake of lurid tabloid revelations in September alleging the player had cheated on his pregnant wife with two prostitutes.

Rooney was reported to be unhappy with Ferguson's decision to leave him out of the match against Everton immediately following the scandal while Ferguson was said to have accused the player of tarnishing the club's reputation.

However Ferguson revealed on Tuesday that Rooney had broken off contract talks in mid-August -- suggesting that the player had decided to leave well before the reports over his private life emerged.

In an interview with Manchester United's official television channel MUTV, Ferguson recalled the moment when club chief executive David Gill broke the news that Rooney had requested to quit.

"I was in the office on 14 August when David told me he'd had a call from his agent saying that Wayne wasn't going to sign his contract," Ferguson said.

"So then David came across to see me. He said he couldn't believe it and neither could I. I was dumbfounded.

"I couldn't understand it at all because only months before he'd said he was at the biggest club in the world and he wanted to stay for life. We just don't know what's changed the boy's mind. David was shocked, I was shocked."

In another twist, Ferguson revealed that Rooney had been injured in training on Tuesday and would not be in the squad for Wednesday's game with Bursaspor.

Ferguson also expressed disappointment that Rooney had contradicted his comments about being injured, insisting he had been nursing an ankle knock.

"Why he came out and said that you can only guess yourself. It was disappointing he said that," Ferguson said.

"He got an ankle injury in the Rangers game. He was seen clearly hobbling at half-time. He confirmed it himself in an interview with Sky."

Rooney's likely departure represents a devastating blow for United as they attempt to maintain their status as one of the world's truly elite clubs, having already lost Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid in 2009.

With Rooney having only 18 months left on his existing contract, United will now likely be forced to sell their prized asset -- worth around 50 million pounds (57 million euros) -- as quickly as possible before his value depreciates.

If Rooney is not sold in the January transfer window, he could, under FIFA regulations, technically buy out the remaining year of his contract next summer for around five million pounds, leaving United with nothing.

Worse still for Manchester United's fans to contemplate is the fact that cross-town rivals Manchester City have rapidly emerged as the favourite to land Rooney, with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Barcelona also linked to the player.

The Guardian newspaper said on Tuesday that any move by Rooney to City would represent the "most rancorous and staggering transfer of modern times".
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

a few people are saying he angling for a much better deal, he wants 200,000 pounds a week and is using the media
ImageImage

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Frithy wrote:

Nah, I only pointed it out because you said 'you' to him when referring to Utd supporters.
His point is valid though. Ferguson will be gone within the next few years, whereas Rooney could be an extremely valuable part of the team for the next decade. Either way though, they're at the beginning of a slippery slope.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

It's not inconceivable that both Rooney and Torres could be Stamford Bridge-bound in January.....

Rooney fee? £20m at the most - many factors driving his value down, United won't sell to City, and Rooney wants to stay in UK.
Torres fee? £30m-35m - his form and injury record is so poor at the moment that he cannot command a fee higher than this. Liverpool's new owners would probably bite their hands off for the funds anyway. Possible he'd rather go to Barca, or maybe Inter / somewhere else in Italy.

So £55m for a ready-made world class strike pair to link up / rotate with Drogba (thereby keeping them ALL injury-free), with able backup in the form of Kalou and Sturridge.

Anelka's contract ends in June 2012 and I'd expect him to depart if Chelsea signed both Rooney and Torres.

It sounds outlandish, but it's not totally inconceivable to consider. Both players clearly want out of their respective clubs.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Xplosive wrote:It's not inconceivable that both Rooney and Torres could be Stamford Bridge-bound in January.....

Rooney fee? £20m at the most - many factors driving his value down, United won't sell to City, and Rooney wants to stay in UK.
Torres fee? £30m-35m - his form and injury record is so poor at the moment that he cannot command a fee higher than this. Liverpool's new owners would probably bite their hands off for the funds anyway. Possible he'd rather go to Barca, or maybe Inter / somewhere else in Italy.

So £55m for a ready-made world class strike pair to link up / rotate with Drogba (thereby keeping them ALL injury-free), with able backup in the form of Kalou and Sturridge.

Anelka's contract ends in June 2012 and I'd expect him to depart if Chelsea signed both Rooney and Torres.

It sounds outlandish, but it's not totally inconceivable to consider. Both players clearly want out of their respective clubs.
United's problem is that, because they've let his contract run so far down, they can no longer dictate where he goes. He would have to wait until the summer but then he can buy out his own contract and go where he wants. So, if Man City want him and he wants them, United cannot afford to say no.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Both players clearly want out of their respective clubs
Since when do both clearly want out? I must have missed Torres asking to leave.

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

Dan Agger wrote:
Frithy wrote:

Nah, I only pointed it out because you said 'you' to him when referring to Utd supporters.
His point is valid though. Ferguson will be gone within the next few years, whereas Rooney could be an extremely valuable part of the team for the next decade. Either way though, they're at the beginning of a slippery slope.
STI's asside?

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

e-football wrote:
If after watching Torres this season you think he is truly committed to the club then you have the rosiest of rose-specs on.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Xplosive wrote:
e-football wrote:
If after watching Torres this season you think he is truly committed to the club then you have the rosiest of rose-specs on.
Couldn't be that he's just frustrated at a huge lack of service could it?
He has not said anything about wanting to move on from Liverpool. Until he does, I'm going to continue to believe he will stay with us.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Dan Agger wrote:He has not said anything about wanting to move on from Liverpool. Until he does, I'm going to continue to believe he will stay with us.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Xplosive wrote:
e-football wrote:
This is his very point.

Torres' "wanting to leave" is subjective depending on who you ask.
Rooney wanting leave is very public & there is little doubt.

Iniesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iniesta »

Pretty sure that even if Rooney left Manchester would still be better than Liverpool.

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

Iniesta wrote:Pretty sure that even if Rooney left Manchester would still be better than Liverpool.
how so? explain to me how they would be better without their star player? compare the starting 11's

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Frithy wrote:
Iniesta wrote:Pretty sure that even if Rooney left Manchester would still be better than Liverpool.
how so? explain to me how they would be better without their star player? compare the starting 11's
well they have been playing pretty much with out him and how far ahead of liverpool are they ??????????
I speak nothing but the truth

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

The one and only wrote:
Frithy wrote:
well they have been playing pretty much with out him and how far ahead of liverpool are they ??????????
mm but you gotta factor in the fact that berbatov isnt always going to be in this form.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Frithy wrote:
The one and only wrote:
Frithy wrote:how so? explain to me how they would be better without their star player? compare the starting 11's
mm but you gotta factor in the fact that berbatov isnt always going to be in this form.
And you've gotta factor into this that Torres won't always be in this form. He'll start firing again.

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

i disagree i dont think torres will ever fire again, i think the rest of his career has just been 1 big purple patch and this is his actual ability :)

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Frithy wrote:i disagree i dont think torres will ever fire again, i think the rest of his career has just been 1 big purple patch and this is his actual ability :)
Blue text is for dumb fucks like you.

G33k.
Last edited by BTAC on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

Dan Agger wrote:
Frithy wrote:i disagree i dont think torres will ever fire again, i think the rest of his career has just been 1 big purple patch and this is his actual ability :)
Blue text is for little fucks like you.

:lol:
Your right man, you are a top bloke and your love for n'gog doesnt make your point invalid at all :D

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Frithy wrote:
Dan Agger wrote:
Blue text is for little fucks like you.

:lol:
Your right man, you are a top bloke and your love for n'gog doesnt make your point invalid at all :D
Stop using blue text. It's so immature. G33k.

And N'gog >> daylight >> Babel. :)

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

yes n'gog is much whiter than babel, what relevance that has here i don't know as im not racist like you

p.s the green has no meaning, i just like green

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Frithy wrote:yes n'gog is much whiter than torres, what relevance that has here i don't know as im not racist like you

What?? Ngog whiter than Torres..? :lol:

You haven't had any of Chris' 'panadol' have you? :wink:

P.s purple text has no meaning, I just like purple............ 8)

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

Dan Agger wrote:
Frithy wrote:yes n'gog is much whiter than torres, what relevance that has here i don't know as im not racist like you

What?? Ngog whiter than Torres..? :lol:

You haven't had any of Chris' 'panadol' have you? :wink:

P.s purple text has no meaning, I just like purple............ 8)
i told you i had to edit it :S lol. anyway im not sure if N'gog is whiter than torres callum, when i look at him i dont see a race.....or a footballer for that matter....

Ur a KKKKKKKKKKKKNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBB
p.s i love white writing