Sunderland 0 - Blackpool 2

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Sunderland 0 - Blackpool 2

Post by Old Master »

Blackpool pulled of another amazing away victory at the Stadium of Light by beating the Black Cats by 2 goals to nil with DJ Campbell scoring both goals.

Ian Holloway, Blackpool's manage, was seen dancing along the touchline when Campbell hammered in the 2nd goal.

What a pity that "The World game" website once again chose to ignore this acheivement by ommitting a match report from their site.

No video either.

Not Happy Les! :evil: :evil: :evil:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Sunderland 0 - Blackpool 2

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Sunderland had about 20 genuine chances to score with Blackpool Keeper Kingson pulling off some amazing saves, not to mention Sunderlands' innaccuracy in front of the Blackpool net.

"We could have played all night and not scored a goal" Manager Steve Bruce said after the match, "When you have the likes of Darren (Bent), Danny (Wellbeck) and Asamoah (Gyan) all getting service you should be scoring 3, 4 maybe even 5 a match".

It was Sunderland's first home loss this campaign at the Stadium of Light after an impressive home display in the first half of the year. DJ Campbell played very well and took both goals superbly as Sunderland were beaten to the ball all over the park, the back line under the most fire. Campbell (A former player under Steve Bruce) single handedly did the damage scoring in both halves but it was Sunderlands lack of clinical finishing that allowed Blackpool to leave wearside with 3 points.

Asamoah Gyan, Danny Wellbeck and Darren Bent each had 3-4 chances to send Sunderland ahead in the first half but all three lacked that cutting edge. El Mohammady, Henderson and Cattermole all tried to put the Black Cats ahead but all three failed to make Kingson work in the first 45.

It was much of the same in the second half with Sunderland squandering numerous chances including a free kick which rattled off the crossbar from a frustrated Darren Bent. With 2 minutes to go Blackpools DJ Campbell killed the game off with a well taken finish from two yards. Sunderland will look to shake off the poor performance with a 5.00am session and the stadium of light this morning.

Link to Video Highlights

Just something I wrote up, hope that makes you happier
HA'WAY THE LADS

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Great result for Blackpool , at least they haven't come and just parked the bus every game.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

ozzie owl wrote:Great result for Blackpool , at least they haven't come and just parked the bus every game.
Ohhh they tried to park the bus, only problem was. . . . We couldn't hit the bus
HA'WAY THE LADS

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Great result for Blackpool , at least they haven't come and just parked the bus every game.
Ohhh they tried to park the bus, only problem was. . . . We couldn't hit the bus
couldn't hit a double decker bus
ImageImage

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

DOC wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
couldn't hit a double decker bus
With a BEACH BALL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I think Sunderland's problem was that with Blackpool playing an all out attacking game and not bringing players back to defend, this created so much space and time for the Black Cat's forwards that they lost concentration.
Either that or they got acrophobia with the amount of room they had. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Old Master wrote:I think Sunderland's problem was that with Blackpool playing an all out attacking game and not bringing players back to defend, this created so much space and time for the Black Cat's forwards that they lost concentration.
Either that or they got acrophobia with the amount of room they had. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It could also be the fact that we played United on Boxing day and Bolton a week before and you have to go all the way back to the 11th of December to see Blackpools last game!! It was obvious that Sundrlands midfield were knackered and that's where the game was won for Blackpool as we couldnt keep up!
HA'WAY THE LADS

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Yes but we would have lacked match fitness as we had no where to train as everything was frozen - even the beach!

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details