Season plans

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Season plans

Post by hudsona »

...so noticed this section quiet for a while :)

...whose been working on season plans for their teams?

came across attached periodisation plan on the Project 22 website..makes for interesting reading I thought.

Anyone been checking out and discussing the FFA National Curriculum for relevant age groups and incorporating info into their club/team? Will the curriculum alter/change what your club would ask of the age group?

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/sit ... source.pdf

What fitness/preseason work is planned? with/without a ball?
Attachments
Periodisation plan 11 yrs.pdf
(85.73 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Season plans

Post by Ginger Pele »

Have my complete pre-season worked out for my U9 SSF team next year

Lots of fun,all ball work and maybe a trip to the beach too.

Trying to follow FFA National Curriculum to keep up to speed and bring the kids along accordingly without too much pressure.

Will be letting them know that I want them to express themselves and not be restricted at all.

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

That's impressive!

9/10 periodisation plan attached from Football NSW..how does it compare to the what you've set out?

Bearing in mind attached one would be for elite players in NSW and they train 4 times per week...what's interesting for me is how much extra time they get working on tactical elements at this age 'cause of the extra sessions.
Attachments
Periodisation plan 9 and 10 yrs.pdf
(85.42 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

I have tried to base it all around foot skills with alot of square work with 1v1,2v2,3v3 etc concentrating on passing and movement,shielding and how they use there feet(Technique).

Of course I have to adapt it to the players abilities to keep it as simple as possible without overloading them mentally.

I shall break it up with a bit of light hearted fun exercises just to give them that mental down time which will involve some basic fun games with the ball and some shooting which all kids love.

Looking at the attachment I am not too far off what they have set out but am mindful that my kids are all 8 yrs old and not to expect too much as there abilities will dictate sometimes how certain exercises go and maybe having to simplify them to cater for the lesser kids.

We will train 2 nights a week for 1 hour each session and that will continue on into the season.

Just up to the parents to make an effort to get their kids to training which I'm sure they will and then sit back and enjoy watching there children develop without any expectations placed on there child.

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

Found this a terrific website with good ideas for younger age groups:

http://www.footy4kids.co.uk/

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

hudsona wrote:Found this a terrific website with good ideas for younger age groups:

http://www.footy4kids.co.uk/
Yes I have that one, a friend passed it on to me a while back and has plenty of good info on there.

liverpool
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by liverpool »

Im impressed, Ill have to get you Guys to Coach my Lad :D

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

liverpool wrote:Im impressed, Ill have to get you Guys to Coach my Lad :D
I'm sure his purple boots will get a good workout with the 2 coaches he has next season :wink: Good luck to him I say