Sunday Division II 2011.

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sunday Division II 2011.

Post by TM87 »

Should be another interesting and competitive season.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Sunday Division II 2011.

Post by Mr X »

TM87 wrote:Should be another interesting and competitive season.
yes it should

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

well lets stated the obvious ......

Srbin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Srbin »

Weve never played at this level before. Who are the favourites and who is most likely to go down. Weve played Bosna and Maco's before and are both good sides but Im sure their squads have turned over a fair bit since then.

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

Srbin wrote:Weve never played at this level before. Who are the favourites and who is most likely to go down. Weve played Bosna and Maco's before and are both good sides but Im sure their squads have turned over a fair bit since then.
I have commented before that this is probably the most difficult of all divisions( from all my experiences ) with all teams really battling to get into division one,and not wanting to be relegated to div 3 because it is a long way to the top. The two teams relegated from div 1 dont want to be here too long,two promoted teams dont want to go straight down,little separates the other 6 teams. If you go by last years tables, 13 wins will get you promotion,while 19 points may keep you in that division.
Good Luck.

safehands
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by safehands »

Personally I think the two teams that came down from div 1 will be looking to bounce back and get back up there next year. I think on last years form Vista will be around the mark again, and I feel that inter will definately challenge for promotion. I feel that it will be a four horse race with these teams this year.
'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - VINNY JONES
'It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.' - RICHARD RUFUS

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

brahma will be around the mark if mohhamed has a good year and if they get former gleeson striker they will score a few

inter will need to replace retiring legend at the back :wink: but heard they chasing at least 1 big name hard

if jarrod noel stays with jets feds vista will lose some drive but i still think they will get up

will maco's survive if ivan's nicked a few of their better players

westys may need to replace outgoing former port boy

couple of years in div 2 makes me think its not that hard to get out off :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

redfred wrote:brahma will be around the mark if mohhamed has a good year and if they get former gleeson striker they will score a few

inter will need to replace retiring legend at the back :wink: but heard they chasing at least 1 big name hard

if jarrod noel stays with jets feds vista will lose some drive but i still think they will get up

couple of years in div 2 makes me think its not that hard to get out off :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are a few ex Port boys down there? which one are you thinking of? and where is he going?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Not sure I would even want to predict...have any of the teams have even started training yet ?
It will be a tough year for all, it always is.
I wouldn't even know who might stay at, or rock up at, Southern Knights this year, let alone any of the other clubs.
A better time to judge might be one or two weeks before the season start...anything else is just guess work or wishful thinking.
Southern Knights SC - 2024 - Celebrating 30 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

my greek mate reckons a greek first div club
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

not much to do in lizbeth swanny :lol: called silly season :wink:

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

redfred wrote:brahma will be around the mark if mohhamed has a good year and if they get former gleeson striker they will score a few

Mohammed is class, and if he is fit will sore a lot of goals, who is the former Gleeson Striker?

Inter will need to recruit to prop up an ageing squad,

Vista, will miss Jarrod if he goes but if not Feds, maybe another amatuer club?

Masoes, lost there good players, didnt they only have 1 last year?

Which Port boy?

Srbin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Srbin »

The guy who scored all the goals for Maco's, is he still playing with them or if he has left, where has he gone.
How is Bosna looking. Do you guys have the same side as you did in Div 3.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

think the only way to gauge who MIGHT perform in different divisions at this stage, is compare any cup games where a div 3 side met a div 2 side, or Div 1/div2 etc.

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

Srbin wrote:The guy who scored all the goals for Maco's, is he still playing with them or if he has left, where has he gone.
I took the second half of the season as coach when we won Div 3, I'll be player coach this year as well.We took a fairly strong squad to Melbourne we had about 5 that played either in the super league or premier league last season.
Few have left since we played you last but i think we will have a fairly solid unit this year its been a rebuilding process for us. Some have returned for another season i guess no one wants to miss the match against Beograd. We would like to take another six points of you guys.

How are you guys looking?

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Inter and Vista- promotion
Bosna and Macos- relegation

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

East 17 wrote:Inter and Vista- promotion
LOL :clown: little early for that. Anyway most people said that last season about Macedonia and Bosna.

liver-pool
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by liver-pool »

Srbin wrote:The guy who scored all the goals for Maco's, is he still playing with them or if he has left, where has he gone.
Heard Baris is sticking with Maco's this year but will he be enough.

Vista to go up will be a good fight for the 2nd promotion spot..

Good luck to all teams!

Srbin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Srbin »

Our side was stronger last year then the year before when we played you last. Having said that we didnt have a keeper for most of the year.
I think our side should be a bit stronger again this season with a couple of new players. Whether we are good enough to stay in Div 2 is anyones guess at this stage. Were looking forward to playing some new teams as we have been playing the same ones for a few years.
Hopefully we will take some points off you this year.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Mr X wrote:

Mohammed is class, and if he is fit will sore a lot of goals, who is the former Gleeson Striker?

Inter will need to recruit to prop up an ageing squad,

Vista, will miss Jarrod if he goes but if not Feds, maybe another amatuer club?

Masoes, lost there good players, didnt they only have 1 last year?

Which Port boy?
pretty sure williams will stay, hopefully, plus a few more signings to cover noel if he goes and vista will be as strong as ever

but as well all know this league is very tough so we need to get the job done on the pitch and not just talk up chances and signings
ImageImage

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BeogradGeneralsC's »

There is a lot to be excited about for Sunday Div II this season. Agreed with Srbin... it should be interesting to see who comes "out of the woodwork" this season who didnt play last season for us. There was some talented younger players who for tehir own reasons didn't play, who could definitely play in our As.

Also, our search for a suitable As keeper is a priority at the moment for this season

sprogget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by sprogget »

I believe that Doran has been lured to Pontians from Westies by the almighty dollar. Sad loss,would have been very handy in div 2 to help get back up.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

TM87 wrote:
LOL :clown: little early for that. Anyway most people said that last season about Macedonia and Bosna.
I have no idea how you didn't go down last year because you guys absolutely honked. We put ten past you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

East 17 wrote:
TM87 wrote:
I have no idea how you didn't go down last year because you guys absolutely honked. We put ten past you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea we had 3 bad games last year. From 18 games we played 16 and managed to stay up which was our Target. Your two wins over us put you in div I. Consider your self lucky you didnt play our strongest team during the season. We managed to take points of Salisbury Inter and Vista which helped your cause.

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Thanks?? :?

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Took points off us, more like we lost points to you after doing everything but put the ball in your net. New season now though so the past is the past.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

TM87 wrote:
East 17 wrote:
TM87 wrote:Inter and Vista- promotion
Yea we had 3 bad games last year. From 18 games we played 16 and managed to stay up which was our Target. Your two wins over us put you in div I. Consider your self lucky you didnt play our strongest team during the season. We managed to take points of Salisbury Inter and Vista which helped your cause.
Ohhhhhhhhh- you Bosnians are such nice guys. Thanks for the big favour- if it wasn't for you being soooo poooo we would be having to travel to Hanson Rd again this year. :roll:

Dickie Bird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dickie Bird »

TM87 wrote:Yea we had 3 bad games last year. From 18 games we played 16 and managed to stay up which was our Target. Your two wins over us put you in div I. Consider your self lucky you didnt play our strongest team during the season. We managed to take points of Salisbury Inter and Vista which helped your cause.
The Bosna linesman managed to take points off of Inter.
He was your best player.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Dickie Bird wrote:
TM87 wrote:Yea we had 3 bad games last year. From 18 games we played 16 and managed to stay up which was our Target. Your two wins over us put you in div I. Consider your self lucky you didnt play our strongest team during the season. We managed to take points of Salisbury Inter and Vista which helped your cause.
The Bosna linesman managed to take points off of Inter.
He was your best player.
always is :lol: :wink:
ImageImage

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

Vista09 wrote:Took points off us, more like we lost points to you after doing everything but put the ball in your net. New season now though so the past is the past.
Practice more shooting Drilss :lol: