Round 10: Lady Reds vs Perth Glory

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Round 10: Lady Reds vs Perth Glory

Post by Red-4-Life »

Both these teams enter Week 10 recovering from enormous losses last round. It would be fair to say that pride and dignity will be on the line when these two teams take the field at Hindmarsh this Saturday!

Adelaide were thrashed by the Jets last round 7-1 and will be looking to turn it around against The Glory this match.

The Lady Reds have thrown everything they have into each match but continue to come up short.

With two rounds left of the regular season, the Adelaide girls still remain winless. A positive result against Perth would boost the spirits of the team and provide hope for the club.

Their competition this week may also be feeling a little shell shocked from their results last week.

Perth were defeated convincingly by Sydney last Sunday, going down 5-1.

The Glory are still firmly in contention for a finals spot and a crack at the title, however their chances in doing so heavily depend on this matches result.

There has never been a more perfect time to throw on the purple or red and get down to a game and support your team. If you can’t make it to Hindmarsh this Saturday don’t sweat! This match happens to be the ‘Match of Week’ and can be viewed live and exclusive on ABC 1 at 3pm EDST.
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx ... y&id=38130

Perth are still in finals contention, as are every other team but Adelaide so i think they will come here, do what they need to to keep their finals dream alive and we might just see another 4 goal+ deficit for the Lady Reds. Unless they want to prove us all wrong....

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Round 10: Lady Reds vs Perth Glory

Post by scipio africanus »

Red 4 Life ... do you know why Vicki B was dropped last week and if she will be in the squad this week?

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

scipio africanus wrote:Red 4 Life ... do you know why Vicki B was dropped last week and if she will be in the squad this week?
nah but i think she'll be back this weekend, im guessing.

seanason
Star Player
Star Player

Post by seanason »

26 in a row coming up?

Anyone else going to watch?

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

seanason wrote:26 in a row coming up?

Anyone else going to watch?
should be a few of us down there. Although after last weekend's result i imagine numbers will be down and just family, friends and the regular supporters going

oh and, 26 sounds about right :wink:

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

I"ll be there :D

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Squad:

Adelaide United: 20.Kristi HARVEY (gk), 2.Ashleigh GUNNING, 5.Stacey DAY, 7.Racheal QUIGLEY, 8.Katrina GORRY, 9.Ruth WALLACE, 10.Victoria BALOMENOS, 11.Vedrana POPOVIC, 12.Selin KURALAY, 13.Loren MAHONEY, 14.Donna COCKAYNE, 16.Christina PAPAGEORGIOU (c), 17.Angela FIMMANO, 18.Georgia MACRI, 30.Hayley TRUSKEWYCZ (gk)

boltonunited
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by boltonunited »

number 7 missed a sitter
dont know how she gets a game
if shes the best stiker in our state, well bloody hell
100 % BOLTON

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

much improved performance by the girls today. Perth just had a bit more class all over the ground and were able to keep the ball better and finnish their few chances. Shame AU has to use Gunning as a defender, could really use her pace and strength up front. Also, we are in serious need of a left sided player, VB was way too predictable cutting back onto her right foot every time even when the defence was giving her an open lane on her left.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

I'm sorry but I just watched this game and I cant believe that we are even in the A League, if that's the best we have then I think the biggest waste of money in the world, sorry but basic skill errors left right and center, I watched several times at throw ins where Perth players just waltzed in front of flat footed Adelaide united players and the striker (Number 10) as soon as the ball or play went passed her she just walked, poor defending, slow, second to the ball. I wasn't impressed at all. Surely there are better players and coaches going around than what was dished up today, and to be privileged to play that standard at hindmarsh is a joke. I am sorry to be abrasive and abrupt but its my opinion.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

good thing you haven't seen some of the other games then LRO

boltonunited
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by boltonunited »

wasnt there worse performance.
100 % BOLTON

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

Adelaide were much much better in the second half, actually played some decent football.
Cockayne and Quigley did nothing the whole game, half of the team didn't look like they wanted to be there at all, we were very lucky to keep the score down (although we did have some chances of our own).

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

I thought it was a good 2nd half by the Lady Reds, they played as if they wanted to be there today and it is a good way to respond to a 7-1 loss, even though they did lose. I thought Gorry was probably the best on ground for Adelaide, she goes in for everything with no fear and its what the team needs. Perth's 2 goals were identical and after the 2nd i thought it may get ugly but to Adelaide's credit, they didnt go down without a fight. If they play like this in their last game...maybe, just maybe they'll take all 3 points away from Melbourne!

Good effort today girls!

Modiano Triestine
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Modiano Triestine »

Left Right Out wrote:I'm sorry but I just watched this game and I cant believe that we are even in the A League, if that's the best we have then I think the biggest waste of money in the world, sorry but basic skill errors left right and center, I watched several times at throw ins where Perth players just waltzed in front of flat footed Adelaide united players and the striker (Number 10) as soon as the ball or play went passed her she just walked, poor defending, slow, second to the ball. I wasn't impressed at all. Surely there are better players and coaches going around than what was dished up today, and to be privileged to play that standard at hindmarsh is a joke. I am sorry to be abrasive and abrupt but its my opinion.
do not be sorry ....Hindmarsh is a surface designed for opportunity...

unfortunately the oportunity is not respected.

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

Left Right Out wrote:I'm sorry but I just watched this game and I cant believe that we are even in the A League, if that's the best we have then I think the biggest waste of money in the world, sorry but basic skill errors left right and center, I watched several times at throw ins where Perth players just waltzed in front of flat footed Adelaide united players and the striker (Number 10) as soon as the ball or play went passed her she just walked, poor defending, slow, second to the ball. I wasn't impressed at all. Surely there are better players and coaches going around than what was dished up today, and to be privileged to play that standard at hindmarsh is a joke. I am sorry to be abrasive and abrupt but its my opinion.
I dont think you will get too many disagree,it was a terrible game,skill wise ,and tactic wise,what is going on there ? When in possession,we seem pass the ball backwards more times then we do forward. The amount of times we did look to break forward,there was only one player up front in the middle,rest were back with the midfield - if you play like that at least put someone there with pace.Couple of times early in the game,had the ball on the left wing,near their goal,only one player in the box? rest were still near the edge of the penalty area ? Why was Gunning forced to play defense ? With all the defenders that play Premier league /SASI /Development squads etc,where are they ?
Suggestion -we have too many "coaches" coaching the team on game day,should only be the Coach out on the field,rest do their bit at training. During the pre game warmup,all the players were playing a small sided game on the far side of the field,all the coaches were in a group near the benches having a laugh and a giggle from what I saw.
How does one get the coaches job,I would seriously apply for it,not get paid just have expenses covered rest of the money to compensate for free entry for everyone.There are probably others on here even more qualified then me who would also do better. No.1 The girls have looked sluggish and unfit most of the season,and not all their fault,No.2 from the first game most lacked confidence in themselves,werent willing to back themselves and take some risks enough times-and I dont mean careless risks like when our LeftBack tried to take a player on just outside our penalty box,in the opening minutes,lost the ball,they nearly scored. No.3 rebuild the whole squad from scratch,encourage all Prem/res/sasi players to try out,I wonder how many good players didnt bother because maybe some of the squad had already been "picked?" That would be the first things I would do....rather then make a comment about the above,what would be the 1st 3 things you do if you were coach ?

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

1. view Premier /SASI / Reserves games, and identify potential players

2. Start training earlier,finalising the squad I go

3. play more trial games,so they get to know each other better.

You can fill in the gaps in between with different things.
Something is not right somewhere, where is the next Sharon Black, Swaffer, Alagich, etc .I reckon it started to fall in a hole when SAWSA was abolished.

courtz
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by courtz »

The General wrote:1. view Premier /SASI / Reserves games, and identify potential players

2. Start training earlier,finalising the squad I go

3. play more trial games,so they get to know each other better.

You can fill in the gaps in between with different things.
Something is not right somewhere, where is the next Sharon Black, Swaffer, Alagich, etc .I reckon it started to fall in a hole when SAWSA was abolished.

get the team training together during the season instead of flying them in on wknds to play. not criticizing the girls integrity, but i find it hard to believe that they all train as hard as each other despite being in different locations.

get rid of the nil impact players- the ones who cant receive and pass a ball which is a fricken basic skill. theres too much sloppyness in the squads play.
sure we can all be critics but when you play at the "highest level", and lose 26 or whatever games in a row, this sort of discussion has to be expected.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

As always straight to the point Courtz.

Skills across the board a diabolical. we have discussed the reasons why this is the case many times over the years.

The foundations for player development are poor. Non existent in some circles. There is no consistency across clubs. Good coaches come. set up a standard and focus on skills…when they leave it falls to S H I T!

I have seen many games over the years and many players I have seen in the top flight comps ie sasi, reds and prems do not have the skills. At local level we can hide this however, at the national level its not possible.

Barnett is merely (and has been for years) shifting chairs on the titanic.

I hop with all my heart that the w league continues and the lady reds can reform as a unit and focus on next year and beyond. We need it. The players need it.

As far as the f’en rules that dictate where the players have to go in the local leagues…Al I can say is stick the rules in the bin and up you know where because its desperate times and rule mean JACK!!!! Otherwise say good by lady reds

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

26 losses in a row or 26 games without a win? If it's the former, surely that's breaking all sorts of records
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

soonhuat81 wrote:26 losses in a row or 26 games without a win? If it's the former, surely that's breaking all sorts of records
Its what AUFC is good at! Just a shame this is a record the club could do without

seanason
Star Player
Star Player

Post by seanason »

Just to put it in perspective.

Season 1
Sat 25 October 2008- Brisbane Roar @Away - Lost 1-4
Fri 31 October 2008 - Newcastle Jets @Home - Won!!! 3-2
Sun 9 November 2008 - Sydney FC @Home - Won!!! 3-2
Sat 15 November 2008 - Perth Glory @Away - Lost 2-3
Sat 22 November 2008 - Canberra United @Away - Drew 0-0
Sat 29 November 2008 - Melbourne Victory @Home - Lost 0-3
Sat 6 December 2008 - Central Coast Mariners @Home - Lost 0-6
Sun 14 December 2008 - Newcastle Jets @Away - Lost 1-2
Fri 19 December 2008 - Perth Glory @Home - Lost 1-3
Sat 27 December 2008 - Sydney FC @Away - Lost 2-3

Season 2
Mon 5 October 2009 - Newcastle Jets @Home - Drew 0-0
Sun 11 October 2009 - Central Coast Mariners @Away - Lost 0-2
Sat 17 October 2009 - Melbourne Victory @Home - Lost 0-2
Sat 24 October 2009 - Perth Glory @Home - Lost 0-1
Sun 1 November 2009 - Sydney FC @Away - Lost 0-6
Sat 7 November 2009 - Newcastle Jets @Away - Drew 3-3
Sat 14 November 2009 - Central Coast Mariners @Home - Lost 0-6
Sun 22 November 2009 - Brisbane Roar @Away - Drew 2-2
Sat 28 November 2009 - Sydney FC @Home - Lost 2-6
Sat 5 December 2009 - Canberra United W-League @Away - Lost 0-3

Season 3
Sat 6 November 2010 - Newcastle Jets @Home - Lost 0-2
Sat 13 November 2010 - Perth Glory @Away - Lost 0-4
Sat 20 November 2010 - Sydney FC @Away - Lost 1-4
Fri 26 November 2010 - Melbourne Victory @Home - Lost 0-4
Sat 4 December 2010 - Canberra United @Away - Lost 0-4
Fri 10 December 2010 - Brisbane Roar @Home - Lost 1-3
Sat 18 December 2010 - Sydney FC @Home - Lost 0-4
Sat 8 January 2011 - Newcastle Jets @Away - Lost 1-7
Sat 15 January 2011 - Perth Glory @Home - Lost 1-2
Sat 29 January 2011 - Melbourne Victory @Away - Lost 0-2
Last edited by seanason on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seanason
Star Player
Star Player

Post by seanason »

10 points out of a possible 87.

Should we lost tomorrow, we would have an average of 1 Draw and 2 Losses per 3 games.