man utd cup results

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

big chance
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: man utd cup results

Post by big chance »

i believe that abe played same good football, in patchers of full 50mins. the gave city abit of a scare in the second half, who do u believe was there best player? :D

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

muts wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:so I ask, what developement was on the menu?

I'm just trying to understand the need.
back to the bottle for you.
These games are being taken seriosly by some.

exactly my point, it makes me wonder why a club bothers to send such a team.

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
muts wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:so I ask, what developement was on the menu?

I'm just trying to understand the need.
back to the bottle for you.
These games are being taken seriosly by some.

exactly my point, it makes me wonder why a club bothers to send such a team.
at the very least they get 3-4 trial games out of it against some good opposition to test themselves and see the areas in there game where they need to improve to be more successful

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Well done lads, great result for you, the Coaches and the Club :D

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

8) goes to show, get a good bunch of kids together with a technically smart coach & u can win :mrgreen: get old fashioned has beens & great talent u lose :P
Well done Para boys 8)
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

AL K HOLIC wrote:exactly my point, it makes me wonder why a club bothers to send such a team.
Because at least they have the guts to get out there and give a go - whereas the only guts you have are the ones bouncing off your keyboard :P
Occasionally available in blue

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:exactly my point, it makes me wonder why a club bothers to send such a team.
Because at least they have the guts to get out there and give a go - whereas the only guts you have are the ones bouncing off your keyboard :P

that may be true, however, you are hyprocrites, one minute you complain abt kids being thumped and what does it teach them, then you praise clubs for sending teams to be thumped, for the experience. Get a grip people and decide what you want.

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

:roll:

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

that may be true, however, you are hyprocrites, one minute you complain abt kids being thumped and what does it teach them, then you praise clubs for sending teams to be thumped, for the experience. Get a grip people and decide what you want.[/quote]

.............now my eyes are beginning to pack up I know but where does anyone talk about that in this thread?
Old fashioned Coaches and more technically smart Coaches should always try to engage in this type of competition and draw on the positives from just being there. Despite what others seem to think on here, winning is NOT everything. :wink:
Last edited by rabbit on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

Jeda wrote:8) goes to show, get a good bunch of kids together with a technically smart coach & u can win :mrgreen: get old fashioned has beens & great talent u lose :P
Well done Para boys 8)
What are you saying - that Para kids are just a good "untalented" bunch with a smart coach?

beatles
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by beatles »

Congratulations to the U15 Para Hills boys and coach - from my experience there are some exciting players in that team that augers well for the future - all the best in sydney

liverpool
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by liverpool »

Congratulations to the Para Hills under 15s, and the Coach and Club. Personally I know the Coach of this team. I can say that he is all about development, and a great bloke. Development brings success :D

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

I agree, well deserved, give em heaps lads.

muts
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by muts »

and a big shout-out to the South ADL buffoons.
Keeping up the pommie traditions of whinging.
Way to go coach!
Athletic Supporter

sunderland
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sunderland »

well done to para, although city imo city were the better team

also well done to adelaide comets, they lost most of their team in the off-season because of their relegation to the b divison and still managed to make semis. its a shame that theyll be in the b div, although they have beaten sailsbury, cambelltown twice and drawn with adelaide city in the past month.

big chance
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by big chance »

adelaide blue eagles?

sunderland
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sunderland »

didnt watch them, apparently they arent as strong as last year, the results show that aswell

curious1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by curious1 »

Congratulations to the U15 Para Hills Knights boys for taking out the State leg of the Manchester Cup over the weekend.They gave their all in every game and found that extra bit of something to get them the victory over Adelaide City in the final. They are a team with some real talent and deserved the win. Best of luck in Sydney boys.
You have already done us proud!!
:D :D :D

New Boy On The Block
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by New Boy On The Block »

Well done Para Hills, deserved the win in the final. Adelaide City looked good throughout the tournament, but fell over at the last hurdle. Good weekend of Football.
One thing though, I would have thought the the FFSA would have scheduled the final as a mid week game, as it was last year.
It was a pretty big ask for the two teams in the finals to play 3 games in one day after already playing 4 games during the previous 2 days.

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

nope can't agree, much better to play the final on the same weekend. Its the same for both the teams and well done to Para Hills must have deserved it as you won it!

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

To make the achievement sweeter, Para played their actual u15's team. No players were permitted to drop back from the higher age groups. Our 15th spot was filled by a u14.

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Well done Para Hills, you will have a blast from here on..........enjoy :D

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

New Boy On The Block wrote:Well done Para Hills, deserved the win in the final. Adelaide City looked good throughout the tournament, but fell over at the last hurdle. Good weekend of Football.
One thing though, I would have thought the the FFSA would have scheduled the final as a mid week game, as it was last year.
It was a pretty big ask for the two teams in the finals to play 3 games in one day after already playing 4 games during the previous 2 days.

Well done Para Hills well deserved the win :D :D :D :D
By the way city i think para played less games :!:

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

I understand that parents of players involved would have to pay their own way across if they want to follow the team but does the Para Hills team (including coaching staff) get flights/accommodation to the Australian finals of the cup paid for by the organiser?

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

clubman wrote:
New Boy On The Block wrote:Well done Para Hills, deserved the win in the final. Adelaide City looked good throughout the tournament, but fell over at the last hurdle. Good weekend of Football.

Well done Para Hills well deserved the win :D :D :D :D
By the way city i think para played less games :!:
yes, Para played 1 less game, BUT they had to finish 1st in their group to qualify for quarter finals, whereas Adelaide City played 1 more game but had the luxury of finishing 2nd to qualify

fairness depends on how you look at it :)

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Congratulations Para Hills U15's. Played nice attractive football, with great skill and attitude.

Go show South Australia off to the rest of the country. 8)

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

gerr8rd wrote:I understand that parents of players involved would have to pay their own way across if they want to follow the team but does the Para Hills team (including coaching staff) get flights/accommodation to the Australian finals of the cup paid for by the organiser?
NIKE take care of everything for the players and coaching staff (2 x Coaches) flights, hotel, apparell, food and transport!

They really look after the teams :D

Parents pay their own way!

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

Nova wrote:
gerr8rd wrote:I understand that parents of players involved would have to pay their own way across if they want to follow the team but does the Para Hills team (including coaching staff) get flights/accommodation to the Australian finals of the cup paid for by the organiser?
NIKE take care of everything for the players and coaching staff (2 x Coaches) flights, hotel, apparell, food and transport!

They really look after the teams :D

Parents pay their own way!
awesome! :D
not a bad comp to win then :wink:

G-Star
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by G-Star »

Well done to all the lads from all clubs that participated.
It was a great w/end for all, with some decent football played.
WELL DONE AGAIN!!!!!

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

congratulations to para hills , enjoy the experience .

also congratulations to all the teams that participated . excellent to see all these kids trying there best

and well done campbelltown for making the quarter finals , a little luck in the injuries side , and they may have been there , but excellent effort .