Player Payments

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Maradona-10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Player Payments

Post by Maradona-10 »

That is a lot of money for div2. I could honestly say majority (70%) of players in div1 wouldnt be on that much. Top bracket players are an exception i would say. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.....
I heard a lot of clubs pay up to $500 mark.....i am not sure how true that is though but big clubs in div1 can afford it apparently.

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

ROBBO wrote:Played for the love of the club in my day :wink:
Well Thank Christ it's not 1966 anymore Jay :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

Azza
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Azza »

When i was younger and got paid it just added to my drinking problem :?

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

Maradona-10 wrote:
That is a lot of money for div2. I could honestly say majority (70%) of players in div1 wouldnt be on that much. Top bracket players are an exception i would say. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.....
I heard a lot of clubs pay up to $500 mark.....i am not sure how true that is though but big clubs in div1 can afford it apparently.
Don't think its alot of clubs, maybe two or three Div 1 clubs that I know of and one or two players they are paying that kind of money too...

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

on the side wrote:
Maradona-10 wrote:
Don't think its alot of clubs, maybe two or three Div 1 clubs that I know of and one or two players they are paying that kind of money too...
Thats what i thought too. You might have 3-4 clubs in div1 that can afford to pay 3-4 players $300-$500 per game. The rest wouldnt be able to come close to that. Well, i know we couldnt hahaha.

Paraboy 001
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Paraboy 001 »

BeogradGeneralsC's wrote:
on the side wrote:Can I ask were you looking at paying them that amount each week or on the basis of when the team win??

I guess each club is different in what they reward their players with for a win? if anything at all?
to keep thing simple we explored a flat rate. This was really up for a little negotiation as well should the ones approached be at all interested. However, the amount didnt end up being of interest so we moved on. I must clarify, these players are playing in the SAASL with other clubs now too... so its not like we approached Any A-leaguers or even State/Premier/Super leaguers.

I bet in their mind they are

Mato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mato »

East Boy wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:Of course not.

I think the point I was trying to make is that some clubs knowingly and deliberately breach league rules.
Far out your such a geek
lmao

rather be a geek than unemployed/factory worker

Dr Feelgood
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dr Feelgood »

Have heard (admittedly 3rd hand) of a few talented youngsters foregoing Fed U17s this year to go and play amateurs for a bit of pocket money.

It's not that I'm old - your music really does SUCK

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Mato wrote:
East Boy wrote:

I think the point I was trying to make is that some clubs knowingly and deliberately breach league rules.
Far out your such a geek
lmao

rather be a geek than unemployed/factory worker
Bahahaha you work with him don't you :D
Wrong career, try again

Mato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mato »

Nope, I'm a geology student

And what you said was not nice! Very demeaning. :)

Trimboli
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Trimboli »

Apparently Mottram and OldRedback were on massive inducements in the Downs 35s with them paying for each others beer after the game and offering to drink blue moon's goal bonus.
Never argue with an idiot - they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Maradona-10 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you all think that clubs are rolling in cash but its far from the truth. Financially, Elizabeth Downs and Parafield Gardens would be the strongest and are in a position to pay players the most money. What I think you'll find is that there maybe the one or two exceptions but the majority of players in those teams are paid between $50-$80 per week.

I laughed at Nugget's comment that we are one of the Big 4. The reality for Ingle Farm is that we don't have a lot of money. We have a system of payments based on training and results. We try to do other things to keep players happy and subsides rego etc but ultimately, our guys could earn more money playing Feds or at other clubs.

At a guess, the top 4 financial clubs would be Elizabeth Downs, Parafield Gardens, Elizabeth Vale, Modbury Vista, Tea Tree Gully and I would guess Brahma Lodge, Para Hills West, Adelaide Villa, Pontians, Salisbury Florina and Salisbury Inter would be in the Top 10. Para Hills East would be another one in there. Don't confuse player payments with income and profit. There is a massive difference.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

I suppose it is a bit like the supposed Big 4 in the EPL Jay, Ingle Farm are included because they are always there or thereabouts. It just so happens that like United and Liverpool you may be flat broke with huge debts! :wink: :lol:

Surely the hefty yiros income helps? Get in some pale and you'll be onto a winner.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Jay Now Hobbling wrote:
Maradona-10 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you all think that clubs are rolling in cash but its far from the truth. Financially, Elizabeth Downs and Parafield Gardens would be the strongest and are in a position to pay players the most money. What I think you'll find is that there maybe the one or two exceptions but the majority of players in those teams are paid between $50-$80 per week.

I laughed at Nugget's comment that we are one of the Big 4. The reality for Ingle Farm is that we don't have a lot of money. We have a system of payments based on training and results. We try to do other things to keep players happy and subsides rego etc but ultimately, our guys could earn more money playing Feds or at other clubs.

At a guess, the top 4 financial clubs would be Elizabeth Downs, Parafield Gardens, Elizabeth Vale, Modbury Vista, Tea Tree Gully and I would guess Brahma Lodge, Para Hills West, Adelaide Villa, Pontians, Salisbury Florina and Salisbury Inter would be in the Top 10. Para Hills East would be another one in there. Don't confuse player payments with income and profit. There is a massive difference.
And dont confuse player payments to being in the top 4 of the 1st Division, Ingle Farm has been there for the last few years & they won a Challenge Cup.
Which is why my comment Big 4 the only debatable's would be Vale & Florina but they would both definatly be in the Top 5 of the Premier League...

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Maradona-10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Maradona-10 »

Big 4 in the EPL
BPL u mean :P :lol: :lol:

Maradona-10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Maradona-10 »

the funny thing is first it was like amatures arent aloud to pay their players and now so many clubs do it under the table :lol: . No one will ever know.

King nugget: does your club pay good $$ or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dida
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dida »

Maradona-10 wrote:the funny thing is first it was like amatures arent aloud to pay their players and now so many clubs do it under the table :lol: . No one will ever know.

King nugget: does your club pay good $$ or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:
i wonder which players are on big dollars this year and worth every penny of it

Gunner4eva
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Gunner4eva »

Have to laugh when an player in O/35's is getting paid though must be good prizemoney

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

East Boy wrote:

Far out your such a geek
Oh burn.

:lol:
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Gunner4eva wrote:Have to laugh when an player in O/35's is getting paid though must be good prizemoney
Why laugh? Worth every penny I say - you agree don't you marooned?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Kitchimo wrote:The issue for me is if that any of the players are getting paid more than $99 a week it:

a) is illegal if they don't declare it as income to the ATO; (not my business, I know) and,
b) breaches SAASL competition rules.

Is that really an issue for you Kitchimo, it certainly doesn't affect my daily life. As someone who has been paid in the past to play, I gave all of it back to their major sponsor - the local pub.

All they were really doing is paying me to drink in their bar and not somewhere else.

What someone does/does not declare to the tax man is certainly none of my business

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:The issue for me is if that any of the players are getting paid more than $99 a week it:

a) is illegal if they don't declare it as income to the ATO; (not my business, I know) and,

Is that really an issue for you Kitchimo, it certainly doesn't affect my daily life. As someone who has been paid in the past to play, I gave all of it back to their major sponsor - the local pub.

All they were really doing is paying me to drink in their bar and not somewhere else.

What someone does/does not declare to the tax man is certainly none of my business
Why have rules?

Championships

Cups

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Gunner4eva wrote:
Have to laugh when an player in O/35's is getting paid though must be good prizemoney

Why laugh? Worth every penny I say - you agree don't you marooned?

Over 35s are on a win only bonus, dont think they have been paid in 2 years. Centrelink are their major sponsor.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Kitchimo wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Why have rules?
and as you would know in your employment there's ways round rules.

If a club wants to pay someone $150 then they will find a way. eg. That person helps with coaching, that person washes the kit, that person picks up a ball after training. So, he's paid $99 for playing and $51 for picking up a cone. All part of his "hobby" and without being a tax accountant - is non declarable and also within league rules.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Jay Now Hobbling wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you all think that clubs are rolling in cash but its far from the truth.
I laughed at Nugget's comment that we are one of the Big 4.
And I laugh at your fishing attempt Jay....
The underlined side came from div3 last year and the thought of them being in the top 10 for payments is ridiculous...
Read the top two highlighted points from your quote, then keep the underlined club in mind, no juniors to help them out, just supporters and members.
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Chaos wrote:

The underlined side came from div3 last year and the thought of them being in the top 10 for payments is ridiculous...
Read the top two highlighted points from your quote, then keep the underlined club in mind, no juniors to help them out, just supporters and members.
Think he is referring to financials, as in bar turn over and $$ in the bank, certainly not player payments, Brahma are a well supported club that has grown largely at a quick rate over the past few years, hence his inclusion of Brahma in his post.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Chaos wrote:

Sorry for attempting to pump up your club. If you read my post, I don't say that those clubs pay the most, simply that I think they would be the most financial. You have a good following, a good group that supports the bar, decent sponsors and you don't pay players.

So why don't you read before you throw your toy out the crib.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

This really is part of the reason why this forum has gone to cabernet in the last 2 years. :roll:

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

God is an Englishman wrote:If a club wants to pay someone $150 then they will find a way. eg. That person helps with coaching, that person washes the kit, that person picks up a ball after training. So, he's paid $99 for playing and $51 for picking up a cone. All part of his "hobby" and without being a tax accountant - is non declarable and also within league rules.
I wasn't referring to taxation rules, more so to league rules. As I stated, whether income is declared to the ATO isn't my business (and I really couldn't care less anyway, but it it as 'issue' for me as a taxpayer as essentially the money not being paid is 'our' as in Australia's money).

The point is, why bother having the rules if people are going to knowingly and deliberately breach them when they understand that is it impossible to police? Why not utilise a better 'leveller' such as a points cap?

Championships

Cups

berbatov
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by berbatov »

Kitchimo wrote:
The point is, why bother having the rules if people are going to knowingly and deliberately breach them when they understand that is it impossible to police? Why not utilise a better 'leveller' such as a points cap?
excuse the ignorance, but how would a points cap work?