Adelaide Olympic player scores 10 goals in one game

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

What the?
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Re: Adelaide Olympic player scores 10 goals in one game

Post by What the? »

[quote="bennylava"][quote="ball_girl"][quote="# 10"]people still harp on about Archie Thompsons world record of goals in an international and that was against American Samoa! So let Rach bask in the sun with her 10 from the weekend! She's already scored 6 against Fulham as well. Leads the scoring in the league again. As for herr United record jesus no one scores for them[/quote]

I dont hear anyone trying to take anything away from Rach, it seems to be the way the article came across that theres problems with.[/quote]
i am. non achievement, a striker bullying a weak team is what they should be doing, not what we should applaud in awe.

10 goals is great but where were the united goals? just saying "no one scored for united" doesn't excuse it.[/quote]

Bennylava you are a disgrace!

A striker scoring 10 or even 8 like Victoria did in a premier division game is a great acheivement, Not the other teams or the players fault that any team entering Prems just cant handle it.

As a Team or an individual player the aim is to play the best you can every game you play.
But by your thinking anyone that plays a weaker team should just stop when it gets embarressing.Or risk being called a bully as you have put it.
What a F#^%ing idiot you are, and shows how much you know about the game!
And as for United just have a look since the start and see who has scored, I think Quigs just may have scored the most for United over the 3 years, but Im sure you will find another way to rubbish individual players or the team.
Grow up stupid and stop writing crap just to get a bite, or just maybe someone will bite back hard.

And to everyone else who finds it there mission to rubbish teams, individuals and the state of soccer in this state, what the shiraz are you doing to help, not alot except b1tch and moan behind your computers.

Oh well done.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

I dont see whats wrong with what Bennylava wrote...its true. These players now need to step up on the big stage in the W-League and prove their worth and start helping the Lady Reds to get some results. Theres a big difference in playing South Adelaide and Sydney FC or Brisbane.

SpazzTic
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by SpazzTic »

Leppskiii wrote:No goals on me :) article for my back four and me?
:lol:

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

SpazzTic wrote:
Leppskiii wrote:No goals on me :) article for my back four and me?
:lol:
no because only real players get articles! Jks! None for the season? That's a top effort
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

How many times are you going to try that joke..
We've conceded, but none against Olympic/quigs so doesn't that fit the profile for an exciting article?

Personal accolades are nice but it really means nothing at the end of the day if Olympic don't win a championship.. So let's see if the business gets done, no pressure...
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

for as long as it keeps firing u up i'll keep throwing it
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

jimmy5
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jimmy5 »

great to score 10 goals in a game. How do you win 20-nil and have 2 players sent off????????????????

How many goals did the lady reds score last season????

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

What the? wrote: A striker scoring 10 or even 8 like Victoria did in a premier division game is a great acheivement, Not the other teams or the players fault that any team entering Prems just cant handle it.
Yeah but lets look at context for the article - the 10 goals are great, like i said, but the article was a beat up when you ignore the team they were scored against.
A striker scoring 10 or even 8 like Victoria did in a premier division game is a great acheivement, Not the other teams or the players fault that any team entering Prems just cant handle it.
correct, but again, the team they are playing against is highly relevant when you're going to be writing news articles an achievement...as others have said, there are countless other good things about the league which are probably more deserving.
As a Team or an individual player the aim is to play the best you can every game you play.
But by your thinking anyone that plays a weaker team should just stop when it gets embarressing.Or risk being called a bully as you have put it.
calling a striker a bully is very common in this context. one example is the former Rangers player Kris Boyd, who would score 5 goals a game against the bottom sides of the league, but didnt show up against celtic or in europe...while quigs clearly does show up against the big teams as her scoring record shows, the term still applies against panthers.

What a F#^%ing idiot you are, and shows how much you know about the game!
please stick to discussing about womens football rather than me personally, it's much more interesting, relevant, and it doesn't distract from your otherwise intelligent response.
And as for United just have a look since the start and see who has scored, I think Quigs just may have scored the most for United over the 3 years, but Im sure you will find another way to rubbish individual players or the team.
well i hardly think i'd be wrong to criticise united over the past three years
Grow up stupid and stop writing crap just to get a bite, or just maybe someone will bite back hard.

And to everyone else who finds it there mission to rubbish teams, individuals and the state of soccer in this state, what the shiraz are you doing to help, not alot except b1tch and moan behind your computers.

Oh well done.
finally, despite what most people who post on here seem to think, this is a forum for the discussion of womens football in south australia. i won't apologise for giving my opinion on womens football in south australia on a site which is for people to post their views on womens football in south australia...opinions on womens football in south australia doesn't mean they all have to be positive, rose tinted glasses opinion on how great something is...some things are crap and those opinions need to be shared somewhere, and, to repeat to avoid any confusion, this board is for the discussion of womens football in south australia.

that i choose to make my posts more exciting than others, i should be thanked for, not insulted.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

jimmy5 wrote:great to score 10 goals in a game. How do you win 20-nil and have 2 players sent off????????????????

How many goals did the lady reds score last season????
4..1 being a penalty and 1 an own goal :?

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

:lol: all smiles. I enjoy being the individual.. go on let's hear another one!

neits/burgo/shadow
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by neits/burgo/shadow »

Leppskiii wrote::lol: all smiles. I enjoy being the individual.. go on let's hear another one!
a bit off topic but i've been itching to say this cos I think its funny and sometimes this forum needs to lighten up

'Some keepers are like vampires.....they hate crosses!'

No need to thank me for the entertainment guys, im secure enough to know my own worth without others words :)
Gubbo and team chi r #1!DJ Di is my hero!
ASIAN-SENSATION ARE FOREVER!

Perfect pitch with ALAGICH!!

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

neits/burgo/shadow wrote:
Leppskiii wrote::lol: all smiles. I enjoy being the individual.. go on let's hear another one!
a bit off topic but i've been itching to say this cos I think its funny and sometimes this forum needs to lighten up

'Some keepers are like vampires.....they hate crosses!'

No need to thank me for the entertainment guys, im secure enough to know my own worth without others words :)
Completely unfunny Neits, all I can say to you and your on field friends is just leave diving to us! :D

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Back to the point at hand, I think the whole issue here is the journo (and I use that term loosely) not Rach, is any publicity good publicity, a lot of the boys were talking about it at training last night, albeit laughing at how a team could lose 20 against 9 players but they were still talking about womens football, and yes Lepps your clean sheet did come up!

killa11

Post by killa11 »

Too answer the question about any para hills united players scoring that many in a game, i do believe one of their players if not more have scored 10 goals in a game.
Where is their article? Or they just don't count because its a lower division?

dormin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by dormin »

There's a simple answer to this........Everyone become defenders and then no one will ever get a mention anywhere..........

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

dormin wrote:There's a simple answer to this........Everyone become defenders and then no one will ever get a mention anywhere..........
Either you have a cabernet sense of humour or are just a complete shiraz idiot.

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

:lol: :lol: I enjoy being injected into things thanks for bringing the clean sheet up! :D

dormin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by dormin »

Hey merson

show me the where a defender had an article written on them or even got
a mention anywhere for having a great game..You shirazing tossa

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

dormin wrote:Hey merson

show me the where a defender had an article written on them or even got
a mention anywhere for having a great game..You shirazing tossa
Show me a defender thats scored 10 goals, Im pretty sure they'd have an article written about them if they did.

I havent seen any other articles about any of the league thus proving it wasnt the fact it was just an article about a striker it was about the fact someone scored 10 goals in a game.

Thank you for clearing up wether it was your sh t sense of humour or just you're a f k n idiot, question answered.

I'll stick with my intitial opinion.

dormin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by dormin »

paul merson wrote:Show me a defender thats scored 10 goals, Im pretty sure they'd have an article written about them if they did.
Your comment says it all...unless a player is scoring goals they don't rate commenting on. How often do defenders get the chance to get on the scoresheet once ; let alone two or three times in a game. Your comment puts forward the opinion that players dont rate unless they're hitting the back of the net.These players sit back and spend 95 % of the game covering the mistakes of midfielders and forwards who dont chase back, with the added pressure of knowing one mistake could end in disaster for the team. But yet, you and those like you dont think they are as important as the players in front of them and therefore dont deserve the same recognition.
dormin wrote:Thank you for clearing up wether it was your sh t sense of humour or just you're a f k n idiot, question answered.

You have also clarified my opinion of you .......An absolute f kn w nker..The game would be a lot better off without ignorant f ckwits like you involved in it..........

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

:lol: Wow thanks for clearing up the role of defenders, I never actually realised what they do back there, oh hang on, I've spent the last 30 years playing back there.

I think you are clearly missing the point, there was an article written about a player that scored 10 goals in a game, albeit against very average opposition but still not something that happens every week, hence they felt it was worth reporting.

Then hello you pop up with this, 'There's a simple answer to this........Everyone become defenders and then no one will ever get a mention anywhere..........'

So you are suggesting that everyone become defenders so there will be no articles written about anybody, when the questions being asked here are about the standard of a team in the prem league, but great solution on your behalf.

Then, and if I could have a violin sound track, you go on to give us your 'poor old defenders' story, then go on educating all of us that obviously play and watch the game with our eyes closed and you are some sort of footballing prophet preaching the words of the defenders, thus pointing out your first statement wasnt crap humour and in fact you are just a f k n idiot.

So now that I have pointed out I was a defender and am now a goal keeper, how is it that Im an ignorant fk wit and how is the game going to be better off with out a wide range of views and attitudes towards it and not just everyone having the same opinion as you?
Last edited by paul merson on Sun May 29, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

How often do defenders get the chance to get on the scoresheet once ; let alone two or three times in a game.
BTW there was a goal keeper from the super league that scored his 4th goal in the cup last week. :wink:

And yes our defenders do get on the score sheet quite often.

volim te futbal

Post by volim te futbal »

Paul Merson, you amuse me! Keep it going!

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

OWNED! Well played Mers!

What the?

Post by What the? »

Oh my god how many uneducated f wits are there.
Grow up and support the girls, not rubbish the odd individual whenever they acheive anything.
Some of you say you write your opinions here because your concerned about where the games going.
Well all I see is some present players and some complete f wits, rubbishing some of the best talent in the state for your own amusement.
Well good on you for acheiving abosolutely f all.
And just one more point, the comment has been made about some players and why they dont score for united, well what about the midfield, defense and keepers for united, why do they let so many goals in, its a team game critisize one critisize them all.

Now be a little more intelligent and talk about the game, and not rubbish individuals giving there best.

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

Not rubbishing quigs idiot but the article! You grow up!

zelig
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by zelig »

What the? Uneducated ? Acheive (achieve, btw) 'there performance'? (I think you meant their- oh and there's another one in case you might need it: 'they're' )...not to mention an appalling lack of apostrophes.
Nobody rubbishing Quigley, a very talented striker- just the coverage- honestly! :roll:

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

To everyone on here.....

thanks for everyone who has stuck by rach but to be honest the article was about her scoring 10 goals....so if you are rubbishing the article you are rubbishing Rach and to be quite honest she is feeling pretty low at the moment so please think before you post.....

Brillo

Post by Brillo »

Dear All

Well done Rachel - you have done your job in the team and you should be proud of your haul.
Noone here should question her or her team's integrity with this score. What incentive does the team have not to make the best score that they can possibly acheive>? At least in school soccer the 'mercy rule' comes in when humiliation is on the table. Coaches want the best score possible from their team - there you go you have it.
BUT what short memories we have. This time last year Campelltown were getting a thrashing - guess what> ? They left.
Somehow we need to protect and support new clubs that come into the league so that they can aspire in the next few years rather than come out each week to a drubbing. We need the competition to grow but if this scenario continues we will only push it away.

The unsportsmanlike behaviour of 'planking' by the team after a goal seems pretty childish though and posting it on youtube? Well done guys: Olympic has now gone to the bottom of the ladder in respect as an adversary.

My two cents worth......

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

just saw the video of the planking goal celebration....how embarassing!

I'd book each and every one of those plankers!