Sunday Results 10-7-11

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Results 10-7-11

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Vista09 wrote:
Aldo Serena wrote:
Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:Div3
a's south coast v gully, called off
What happened here?
Was told TTG forgot their player cards, dont know the full story though.

Yes the team manager forgot the player cards, but filled out all the appropriate players pass numbers on the team sheet. When the referee was told that we would go back to get them and hand them to him at half time or a bit later, he still refused to play the game. Oh well wait and see what happens now ???
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

A few red card this weekend in the premier league! 2 at the fulham game and 2 at the florina game. Pontian playing with 10 men from the 15 th minute then 9 men from the 50th!!!

LosMerengues20
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LosMerengues20 »

Karmann Ghia wrote:A few red card this weekend in the premier league! 2 at the fulham game and 2 at the florina game. Pontian playing with 10 men from the 15 th minute then 9 men from the 50th!!!
Wasn't there a 3rd for Pontian's after the final whistle also? Some poor discipline displayed regardless of the referee

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

LosMerengues20 wrote:
Karmann Ghia wrote:A few red card this weekend in the premier league! 2 at the fulham game and 2 at the florina game. Pontian playing with 10 men from the 15 th minute then 9 men from the 50th!!!
Wasn't there a 3rd for Pontian's after the final whistle also? Some poor discipline displayed regardless of the referee
Looks like some B players getting a run this week!

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Tough game down at Mofflin rd today. Westervelt made a few changes with Daniel nicholls getting a start this week after fully recovering from injury and almost paid off in the the first 5 when he hit the bar with a header. Farm went 3-0 up after about 30 before we pulled one back to go in at 3-1. Farm then scored eraly in the second half credit to our lads in the last 15 never layed down and pulled 2 back but wasn't enough. Cheers for the banter from the sidelines by the Farm supporters it kept me quite amused
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

swannsong wrote:Southern Knights ( 0 ) Para Hills West ( 1 )

Reserves
Southern Knights ( 2 ) Para Hills West ( 2 )
Bloodypassit, forgot his hammer?

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

San Marco 2 Asteras 1, bit more like a soccer score this time round, the San Marco ressies won by plenty, not sure what the final score was

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

Very poor performance by the Ref in the Florina/Pontian game. Questions must be asked. His performace (for lack of a better word) certainly raises numerous questions about this game.

KVP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KVP »

Soccer-Mad wrote:Very poor performance by the Ref in the Florina/Pontian game. Questions must be asked. His performace (for lack of a better word) certainly raises numerous questions about this game.
The referee at the Fulham/Grove game had a poor performance as well. It doesn't sound nice to bag referee's but in all seriousness something needs to be done. They kill the game when a few simple words to players will do to get on with it and settle down rather than brandishing red cards all over the place.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Just playing devil's advocate but surely if the players do the wrong thing then they should cop the punishment - it shouldn't be wholly up to the ref to control the players there ought to be some level where the players can control themselves too - it is after all a basic rule of society that if you do something wrong you should expect some kind of punishment.

On a lighter note thank to West Beach for their hospitality and good humour on Sunday - really top bunch of blokes (and girls) and best bar prices going around make the journey down there alot easier. Good luck for the rest of the season.

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Mr X wrote:
swannsong wrote:Southern Knights ( 0 ) Para Hills West ( 1 )

Reserves
Southern Knights ( 2 ) Para Hills West ( 2 )
Bloodypassit, forgot his hammer?
Nah.... just got the wrong nails .....lol

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

Thanks to the West Beach crew for a great day out.

Although the C-Grade was disapointing the Other games were a thrill to watch. Great Food and Awsome bar prices.
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

The referee at the Fulham/Grove game had a poor performance as well. It doesn't sound nice to bag referee's but in all seriousness something needs to be done. They kill the game when a few simple words to players will do to get on with it and settle down rather than brandishing red cards all over the place.
In the refs defence the 2 players sent off deserved their reds as they were both carrying on like pork chops. then the 3rd send off was stupid as well, deliberate hand ball for a penalty and then abusing the referee

One thing I don't understand though, is the referee making the home team linesman do their own forwards. It just opens it up for a club linesman to either cheat or be put in the position of being accused of cheating by opposition supporters. Lucky for us yeaterday, the bloke who did the line for Fulham was excellent. he was also a very good referee for the C and B grade games.
Last edited by pecker on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

agree when a player does the wrong this he should cop it, but when the ref invents it to help the other side (for whatever reason) is wrong.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

andyb wrote:Elizabeth Vale vs Ingle Farm

C's 1-3

Reserves 2-1
A's 3-4
Have to make comment about the ref in the B's game from Vale, did a magnificent job, was very fair, was up with the game, let it flow where he could and played advantage well.

Probably the best B ref we have had all season, well done, was let down a couple if times by his linesman though, definately not his fault !!

pork belly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pork belly »

The ref at the Westies Knights game did a pretty good job

KVP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KVP »

pecker wrote:
In the refs defence the 2 players sent off deserved their reds as they were both carrying on like pork chops. then the 3rd send off was stupid as well, deliberate hand ball for a penalty and then abusing the referee

One thing I don't understand though, is the referee making the home team linesman do their own forwards. It just opens it up for a club linesman to either cheat or be put in the position of being accused of cheating by opposition supporters. Lucky for us yeaterday, the bloke who did the line for Fulham was excellent. he was also a very good referee for the C and B grade games.
In my opinion in regards to the first incident, yes they were both acting like idiots, I was watching the game as one of the players involved is a friend of mine and I was the first to tell him after the game he was an idiot and he did not disagree with me. I do though think the referee should have just pulled them aside, given them yellow cards and said either get on with it or the next time you are off. Players get heated, its all part of the game... Just my opinion anyways.

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Soccer-Mad wrote:Very poor performance by the Ref in the Florina/Pontian game. Questions must be asked. His performace (for lack of a better word) certainly raises numerous questions about this game.

So who are you saying he favoured???

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

pork belly wrote:The ref at the Westies Knights game did a pretty good job
Yeah Big Steve had an alright game... always one to make sure everyone notices him ... and over ride your linesperson even though she was making the right decisions. lol.....game was played in fair spirits even though 7 yellows were handed out ...

Bolzak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bolzak »

can anyone post a results for Div 4 Seaford - Plympton ?

Cheers

lineker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lineker »

Rexie wrote:Thanks to the West Beach crew for a great day out.

Although the C-Grade was disapointing the Other games were a thrill to watch. Great Food and Awsome bar prices.
yeah poor form by those who said they were playing only to let the coach and team mates down at the last minute with piss weak excuses.
very proud of the 8 that started and 7 in the 2nd half. we had the option to forfeit, but didn't, knowing we were in for a beating.
cheers to the beach for putting on a few ales for us after the game, much appreciated.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

lineker wrote:very proud of the 8 that started and 7 in the 2nd half. we had the option to forfeit, but didn't, knowing we were in for a beating.cheers to the beach for putting on a few ales for us after the game, much appreciated.
Played in a great spirit too - very proud of all the boys. Lineker was outstanding as well.

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

Soccer-Mad wrote:agree when a player does the wrong this he should cop it, but when the ref invents it to help the other side (for whatever reason) is wrong.
you must be joking...right!!!!!!!

WASHED UP
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by WASHED UP »

outstanding is a bit much dont you think redback?

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

Lineker was outstanding! never seen him run so far.
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

LosMerengues20
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LosMerengues20 »

lisbon lion wrote:
Soccer-Mad wrote:agree when a player does the wrong this he should cop it, but when the ref invents it to help the other side (for whatever reason) is wrong.
Soccer mad r u serious? R u suggesting the send offs in the Florina/Pontian game were to favor Florina? Any other ref would give a red to a player who gives him the finger and tells him to shiraz off, and the 2nd was a 2 footed lunge with studs showing that even spectators saw from the other side.

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

if you were there you would know, it was pretty clear and i am a nuetral. Really dont like poor refs. Nice to hear the other positive comments about the refs at other games yesterday.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

LosMerengues20 wrote:
lisbon lion wrote:
Soccer mad r u serious? R u suggesting the send offs in the Florina/Pontian game were to favor Florina? Any other ref would give a red to a player who gives him the finger and tells him to shiraz off, and the 2nd was a 2 footed lunge with studs showing that even spectators saw from the other side.
Sounds fair enough to me. Who got sent off from both sides??

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Soccer-Mad wrote:if you were there you would know, it was pretty clear and i am a nuetral. Really dont like poor refs. Nice to hear the other positive comments about the refs at other games yesterday.
Soccer-Mad you are so right, honestly, you've got us. What we did is we paid the ref triple to send off 2 pontians players so we can scrape through with a 2-2 draw with virtually the last kick of the game!

There we go, we fixed the match. The ref got a bag of chicken wings as well for sending off a third player after the game.

seriously...:roll:
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

LosMerengues20
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LosMerengues20 »

Soccer-Mad wrote:if you were there you would know, it was pretty clear and i am a nuetral. Really dont like poor refs. Nice to hear the other positive comments about the refs at other games yesterday.
I agree the ref was poor, but to say he favored Florina is pathetic. We too have had that ref numerous times before and have felt hard done by, but come on if u were a neutral u too would agree the red cards were justified.