adelaide womens coach

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: adelaide womens coach

Post by Unretired »

Hence the full time job :D

pc9999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc9999 »

Retired wrote:Hence the full time job :D
More like 3 full time jobs.

I am probably a bit behind in the breakdown of the system but.
Does this person need to :

a) design all programs for SASI or just coach them?
b) define selection processes/appoint coaches etc for state/STIC?
c) coach W/Reds
d) define club level development suggestions for FFSA to go to clubs for prems/res/div1?

That is a whole department in itself with 1 years work preparing alone.

Sorry if I sound ignorant, my involvement is as a parent at junior and senior so it is intriguing for me.

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

My understanding of the job is that he would be head coach of the w league team.

He would then oversee everything else. the "sasi" team would have their own coach but would report to the head coach.

and yes he would oversee but not coach state teams and stic.

i doubt he would have any say in the delveopment or issues with FFSA prems/ div1/ state league.

That would still be the responsibilty of the person doing it now...

I may be wrong but from reading the articles this is how I see them going ahead....So dont take my word that this is how it will be....

sharp-shooter
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sharp-shooter »

My understanding is that Airton from the FFSA as Technical Director will be in charge of the w-league coach. That means Airton will obviously give the orders to the W-league head coach. Not sure if there will be a separate SASI coach. If it is a full time position W-league coach might have to do the whole lot him/herself.

As i pointed out previousely i am still in favour of a non local coach which worked on the professional level of soccer development.

This would enable a better quality setup and management for the new lady reds team. Such an experienced coach who done it before would be able to introduce all neccesary processes and procedures without wasting one or two years of time to bring the development up to speed immediately.

Also nepotism would be cut out as well and therefor would give all players who will trial a better opportunity to be picked.

With all respect to the local club coaches i personally cannot see any of them to step up to the above role immediately.

If a assistant coach is required i personally would like to see a female coach to be appointed and imo Sharon Black from Sturt would fit nicely.

Just my personal opinion.

Best On Ground
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Best On Ground »

What certificates do you need.

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Players asked to trial for W-league, who will be the coach?

Di Alagich maybe?
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

Gommy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gommy »

To coach in the Womens League you require the following

Westfield W‐League Head Coach A Licence
Incumbent Head Coach A Licence by start of 2012/13 season
Assistant Coach B Licence-A Licence by start of 2012/13 season
Goalkeeper Coach Level 1 Goalkeeping Licence by start of 2012/13 season
Level 2 Goalkeeping Licence by start of 2013/14 season

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Taken from the coach job advertisement:

Essential Minimum Requirements
Personal Abilities/Aptitudes/Skills (Related to the job description.)
Essential Minimum Requirements
• Minimum AFC B License
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of the high performance requirements for
players to aspire to and succeed at the highest level.
• Proven leadership and decision making skills, excellent interpersonal and
communication skills, sound organisational and planning skills, complimented by
attention to detail.
Preferred Coaching Requirements
• A License Coach Accreditation
Experience
• Proven experience in working with talented athletes and coaches.

They would have a separate GK coach like in previous years.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Gommy wrote:To coach in the Womens League you require the following

Jesus christ, when are you actually meant to find time to coach???

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

paul merson wrote:

I agree 100%,and do you think that if someone has all these qualifications,that they would settle for coaching the Lady Reds ( no disrespect meant ) ?
There is no way the club could afford to pay a coach who, has invested all his / her time and energy, to achieve all the above qualifications.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

You would dare say these qualifications are a min. requirement as specified by the FFA (just like the FFSA has min. requirements for coaches in senior mens and womens comps at certain levels I believe?)

I agree that someone with these qualifications would probably not invest more than a year or two of their career into the Lady Reds unless they wanted to build something or have just obtained their license.

Interested to hear who the applicants are (if we ever fnid that out).

beaches
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by beaches »

Has anyone researched how much it costs financially/ and time to obtain the required qualifications?

beaches
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by beaches »

I think this is what The General is refering/leading to.

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

A and B Licence run only once a year - in Melbourne and Sydney.
2 weeks - full time
Cost: Course, approx $4,000; plus food, accommodation, transport, etc.
Relevant link below
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/200 ... aching_new
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta

southern
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by southern »

I think KM from SASI is qualified.
:shock:

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

Kevin would be qualified, as for the last ... years he has had a full time job as SASI coach, and i would expect they (SASI/Goverment) would have covered the costs for him, and all SASI boys coaching staff, to complete qualifications as required.

Would be interesting to see if FFSA would hire someone now who has all required experience, success coaching women (premier league), and coached elite level (state teams), but only has AFC/UEFA C license, and then fund them to attend the course to get A/B license prior to start 2012/13 season (as only required by season start)... if they were deemed to be best candidate.

Would be interested to know if M.Barnett has his AFC A, as he was with metro men for so long and that level is not required in men Super Leage (only AFC C).

Maybe could do like Ad.Utd in AFC Champions League, Viddie was the Manager but due to qulifications Joe Mullen was listed as Manager.

Find a Head coach that would be best regardless of qualifications, hire Assisstant with required license (who would also fit mold but may not be ready to be in charge).

While I know Kevin is a student of the game, and will always do his best to stay with what is current trend, he has been in same role for too long with no real result to show for it. Taking Lady Reds is just like taking SASI now (as in top job in state). time for fresh approach. Chris is a great guy, and very passionate about the womens game, but i don't think he is ready for top job, would be great part time assisstant to learn off top person though.

Lady Reds job should be someone who will not coach any other team, even in off season. Would cause overload of players wanting to play at that club, trying to catch the eye (and I don't blame them), and destroy the comp. Yes I know there are rules about SASI/W-League players, but would you want to coach players only at your club cause they weren't eligible for the club with W-League coach?

Advertise nation wide. Get in best person who wants to take SA womens football to next level, which would be at least a 5 year plan.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

You make some good points, however I have had dealings with both Kevin and Chris, would be worried if either one, or both of them were part of the coaching panel with the Lady Reds team, I would be looking over my shoulder every time,and that is my opinion.

The amount of time sasi programme has been in place, what has happened to all the players that came through that process,where are they all ? The fact we still struggle to get enough quality players to make a competitive viable Premier League competition,every year,is enough evidence for me that something is not right.

As for credentials, I think they are overrated and are not the be all and end all to be the correct coach. We have people who are doing a great job, already mentioned Black and Jenkins, throw in Cindy Romaine into that mix,all very passionate about the state of thewomen's game in SA,just with those 3 alone you have a wealth of experience in the women's game,who, in my opinion would get more out of the Lady Reds then the two mentioned above, and would not do any worse then our previous Lady Reds coach.

Could it be that maybe some of the female names mentioned were offered a position, but declined because werent going to be given total freedom to do it their way ? stay tuned......

sharp-shooter
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sharp-shooter »

As i mentioned on a previous post the new coach has to work under the Technical Director of FFSA. That already could restrict any coach to do what is required by FFSA and not what is the best for the development of the womens game.

I agree that KM is definetly not the person to be in charge of the w-coach or SASI program. As per CG he did not show any success in development of womens soccerplayer in his club or as SASI assitant coach. Also the U15's at the moment performing very pourly even after 6 or so month of coaching by CG.

You need somebody who did this before on a higher most likely professional level and has a very good understanding how to set up processes and procedures to make this succesful. A coach is needed which a desire to be successful and the drive to implement a program for womens soccer development that benefits the game and not the personal kudos of individuals.

In my opinion it should be the best qualified person with at least one women coach from SA to run the SASI part of it. The question is who is giving up a good paid job for a less paid 12 month contract.

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

paul merson wrote:

well you cant get your level 1 GK lisence before you do Asian C lisence. So they better start having some courses locally very soon as from what i i know:
Neil Tate - UEFA B
Mike Harkness - Asian B - Level 1 GK
Peter Blazincic - Asian C
The rest have jnr accreditation!!

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Rob wht creditation do you have if I may ask??

sharp-shooter
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sharp-shooter »

As he said ... the rest has a youth license.. as most of us GK coaches.

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Did I miss read the part Rob said wht qualification he had or just the rest?? Does tht mean he included himself in the rest or was he making a broad statement??

sharp-shooter
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sharp-shooter »

Contact FFSA they will let you know what coaches accreditation individuals have.

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

sharp-shooter wrote:Contact FFSA they will let you know what coaches accreditation individuals have.

Did I upset you with a question??, I happen to think Rob wld be gr8 in a position of GK coach.
Angry ppl have a wine and chill buddy :roll: :roll:

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

Both youth field and gk ones.
Waiting for Asian c to be held here so I can move onto gk1
I have asked if it was possible to do gk1 prior to Asian C and then get accreditation once I do my C. Unfortunately it's the AFC who run theses courses and everything is by the book. So I'm stuck atm.
Just to make a point, to get your gk accreditation you must do a field lisence first, but to do your field lisence you don't have to do any gk course. kinda silly IMO!!