Sunday Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Results

Post by Left Right Out »

Dickie Knee wrote:
BPBC wrote:
web wrote:Raptors V Brahma
Bs 1-2
As 3-3

Great game to watch, Raptors deserving there 2-0 lead at half time.
Brahma came out firing in the 2nd half to pull it back to 2-2, then Raptors went 3-2 up but brahma equalised with about 5 minutes to go, in my opinion the draw was a fair result in the end,

P.S.
Raptors yiros was great.
cheers lads.
C's 3-1

and yep as has been mentioned ref in C's and B's who also did the line in the A's, by far the best club ref we have faced all year. Yiros was shiraz top notch too.
Yep our ref in the B and C is new this year. Good investment by the committee.

Your A's got away with murder I reckon, less than a minute left of normal time, 3-2 up, Tsekinis holding the ball up in the corner flag, and the ref blows a b*llshit freekick against him which he couldn't explain after the match. You go down the other end and score. You're right the game was pretty even and a draw a fair result but we shoudl have won if not for a phantom foul. C'est la vie.
Was a strange decision BUT Ive seen those free's paid before. I heard the ref say the ball wasnt in his control (too far away from him) BUT saying that I dont think the ref liked Jimmy booked within 30 seconds of coming on was odd. Got away with Murder?? Dont know what you mean by that, both sides had many chances and could have easily taken the 3 points.

Vale_boy05
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Vale_boy05 »

Ginger2106 wrote:Eliz Vale away to West Beach

A's 5:3 to the Vale (C.Nichols 2, T.Crawford, D.Maher, M.Burbridge)
B's 2:0 to the Vale (Pommy Lee & Pommy Paul)

Good day out taking the points in both games.
A's were 2-0 down but came out in 2nd half and played well and deserved the win.
Top day for football down at Lockleys yesterday. (besides the crossbar clearly being lower then every other ground) :lol: :lol:

The reserves ref a West Beach was the best i've seen i all year, played the advantage when he could and had a laugh with the lads.
On another note, the bar prices are the best in Div 1 and it will be a shame if they go down this year.

Paipss Cisse
he scores when he wants.

Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 187 »

Dickie Knee wrote:Raptors V Brahma

Yep our ref in the B and C is new this year. Good investment by the committee.

Your A's got away with murder I reckon, less than a minute left of normal time, 3-2 up, Tsekinis holding the ball up in the corner flag, and the ref blows a b*llshit freekick against him which he couldn't explain after the match. You go down the other end and score. You're right the game was pretty even and a draw a fair result but we shoudl have won if not for a phantom foul. C'est la vie.
Got away with murder how?? Both your goals were against the run of play in the first half and we dominated the 2nd half.
The ref did seem to have something against Tsekinis though by booking him with his very first tackle, definately a harsh tackle but a yellow straight up was a bit rough.
The free kick the ref gave against Tsekinis at the end was a bit soft but from where the ref was standing it looked as though he didnt have the ball & was just sheilding the player, having said that though regardless of whether it was a soft free kick or not, it was givin in the D of the corner flag in your attacking half where he was trying to hold the ball up to waste time.
We still had to get it passed 10 of your players down the other end of the field to score so i'd hardly say that free kick was the cause of the goal and we got away with murder.
We're happy with the point but feel we definatley could've taken all 3 after a slow start.

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

good fightback by the Vale. Chris Nicholls showing his class yesterday with a top performance off the bench.
Pontian 3 Eliz Grove 0 puts the pressure back onto Gardens a little by closing the gap
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

BoZZo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BoZZo »

Bosna vs Knights

Comfortable win for Bosna never in doubt.

Knights should look to their future plans after relegation and i would recomend Aussie Rulez Football instead of the real Football, their character on the pitch is dirty and foul even for rugby standards.
Shame Shame Shame

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

BoZZo wrote:Bosna vs Knights

Knights should look to their future plans after relegation and i would recomend Aussie Rulez Football instead of the real Football, their character on the pitch is dirty and foul even for rugby standards.
Shame Shame Shame
whaa whaa

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Shame Shame Shame

Ha!!!!!! Its fantastic that you can question the integrity of Southern Knights Soccer Club....I think if you ask other ppl about our club they would agree that we play a hard but fair style of football .... correct Bosna won on the scoreboard no one is disagreeing with that ....

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Shame Shame Shame
Bosna don't exactly have a squeaky clean history either.

Can anyone else see the glass houses??

Davinci Code
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Davinci Code »

gardensgoon wrote:
doddsy wrote:whats happening at the downs? coz my karaoke fundraiser is starting to sound sweet.
BAhaha :)
It is rather quiet from the mongs! :oops:
Legga u should make your way down to our little singalong as you call it. We even have a song on reserve for ya, it's called " ALLWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE "

On a side note it seems the downs have become the Liverpool of the amateur league!
All ways talking about next year :lol:
Apparently they have signed Jason Trimboli all ready :p
We will do well next year, we swear ;)
They have a new coach next year to. Over heard a few Downs supporters yesterday that they already have Ingle Farms coach for next year.

Davinci Code
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Davinci Code »

safehands wrote:
legga wrote:Couldnt get to the game today, but just heard fun and games after the match with one of the parisi's getting belted in the change rooms, it then turned into a bit of a brawl. All second hand at present maybe someone there can give info. The final score was 4-1 to the margarines. My beloved downs are in a bit of a hole at present, makes for another long week... :roll: :roll:
Good result by Florina today. They were the better team for a majority of the game and could have quite easily been more if it was not for Benny A in goals. On saying that, Nathan hit the crossbar early and had that gone in, it could have been the start of something different.

The form that Florina showed today could be enough to rally them to a late season revival, and stay in Div 1.

I left straight after the game had finished, but I would hope that what you say did not happen, as I would personally expect more from both of these clubs, and I would expect them to be big enough to leave what happens on park where it belongs.

Good luck to Florina for the rest of the season.

Great win by the B's, as Florina really came out to win. They pushed hard, even after the send off of their sweeper, who was doing a great job of controlling the back line. A late penalty gave Downs the win, but not before 10 or so minutes of real pressure applied by Florina. Again on their form today it is hard to believe they are currently sitting bottom.

C's had a good win. Apart from the occaisional attack from Florina, the Downs pretty much dominated all over the park.
Fair report on the A's. The Downs keeper kept them in it.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

bloodypassit wrote:

Shame Shame Shame

Ha!!!!!! Its fantastic that you can question the integrity of Southern Knights Soccer Club....I think if you ask other ppl about our club they would agree that we play a hard but fair style of football .... correct Bosna won on the scoreboard no one is disagreeing with that ....
i think you're a bunch of hacks :P :lol:

stone man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by stone man »

Big G wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

Shame Shame Shame

i think you're a bunch of hacks :P :lol:

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

i agree Big G .. i am a hack of a player lol ....

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

i'm definatley a hacker, that's why they've put me in goals :cry:

mvsc
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mvsc »

what's the div two table look like now?

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

fantasista wrote:what's the div two table look like now?
Modbury Vista +18 29
Salisbury Inter +19 27 ( 1 game in hand)
Bosna -7 21
Macedonia +7 20
ISC Raptors +2 19
Brahma Lodge -6 17
Vikings -2 15
Southern Knights -9 15
Para Hills West -5 14
Beograd -16 12

stone man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by stone man »

jonah wrote:Western strickers result???
western strikers 0 port pirie 5

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

doddsy wrote:whats happening at the downs? coz my karaoke fundraiser is starting to sound sweet.

Its funny you should ask Doddsy... with all the bagging you got from the MONGS the other week with our fundraiser
(and our fundraiser is for a team mate and not "The Club") they have started to advertise their own little dress up !!

Difference with their dress up it allows them to dresss like the "GAY 80's icons" and get away with the
truth that they are all Homosexual MONGS that like to dress in drag....

Unless of course your the Smashedcrab he puts it out there that he is a die hard
Adam Lambert and Take it up the Back Street Boys fan !!!

look at the poster they have all the Faggots of the 80's are pictured !!!
Mongs 80's.JPG
Every Rat has his day !!

downslowman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by downslowman »

what happend yesterday after the match was one of the most gutless things i've seen in a long time.For a guy to walk 10 meters with his hand out, pretending he's going to shake his hand and then throw three haymakers. To me that's a very low act. Luckily all missed the target.From what i've heard this guy is a former Besa player. If true, Florina could be in for an interesting final 4 weeks to the season.

About the game;we had chances early but didn't take them,Florina were the better team on the day.Good luck for the rest of the year. except to the Besa contingent you seem to have picked up!!

P.S. Yiros in a bread roll???? and no garlic sauce.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

downslowman wrote:what happend yesterday after the match was one of the most gutless things i've seen in a long time.For a guy to walk 10 meters with his hand out, pretending he's going to shake his hand and then throw three haymakers. To me that's a very low act. Luckily all missed the target.From what i've heard this guy is a former Besa player. If true, Florina could be in for an interesting final 4 weeks to the season.

About the game;we had chances early but didn't take them,Florina were the better team on the day.Good luck for the rest of the year. except to the Besa contingent you seem to have picked up!!

P.S. Yiros in a bread roll???? and no garlic sauce.

The better team on the day...!! The MONGS are not having good days of late !!!

Better make some changes for next year...

New coach..... Check !
New stricker.....Check !
New Mongs behind the goals....Check !
Every Rat has his day !!

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

downslowman wrote:For a guy to walk 10 meters with his hand out, pretending he's going to shake his hand and then throw three haymakers. To me that's a very low act. Luckily all missed the target.From what i've heard this guy is a former Besa player.
Please tell us you're joking......

downslowman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by downslowman »

Big G wrote:
downslowman wrote:For a guy to walk 10 meters with his hand out, pretending he's going to shake his hand and then throw three haymakers. To me that's a very low act. Luckily all missed the target.From what i've heard this guy is a former Besa player.
Please tell us you're joking......
I'm afaid not.Also heard if he's not told to go 4or5 players may walk from the club.

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

was formerly a player of Besa and is actually a good player

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

# 10 wrote:was formerly a player of Besa and is actually a good player
i know you're not defending him, but a good player consists of many qualities not just skill related.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Big G wrote:
i know you're not defending him, but a good player consists of many qualities not just skill related.
I disagree, a guy can be the biggest prick on the field but if he can dominate and turn the game on it's head he will still be a good player regardless of his personal qualities.

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

Westies on the back of 2 wins and a draw slowly edging away from the relegation zone

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Wraith wrote:
Big G wrote:
I disagree, a guy can be the biggest prick on the field but if he can dominate and turn the game on it's head he will still be a good player regardless of his personal qualities.
I meant temper control, retaliation, dealing with situations, etc, all on the park. personally i don't think someone who gets frustrated and acts like a child is a good player.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Welshmen89 wrote:Westies on the back of 2 wins and a draw slowly edging away from the relegation zone
Great first post under a new name Brad. :lol:

Sorry Robin couldnt resist!

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

i'm not defending his actions big g if anything i don't think it's good for a club like Florina who are fighting for survival to have their focus changed from that.

NorthbriAve
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by NorthbriAve »

Four games left in the season. For Para Hills West to ensure survival I think at least another win and a draw or two will help as a minimum. Two wins should be enough to be safe though. Vista at home, away to Macedonia, home to Raptors and on the last day away to Beograd. Vista are obviously the strongest team to play but all these games are definitely an opportunity to get a few points.

I'm quietly confident that Westies should stay in Div 2 by seasons end.