Sunday Div 1 coaches for 2012

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Sunday Div 1 coaches for 2012

Post by BADA BING »

Who has been confirmed as Sunday Div 1 coaches for next season?

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Sunday Div 1 coaches for 2012

Post by KING NUGGETT »

I heard Motts will be at the Downs next year...

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

what about Gardens nuggett?

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

BADA BING wrote:what about Gardens nuggett?
In the 4yrs under Cooky the Gardens have....

1 X DIV.1 LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP, MAY-BE 2
2 X CHALLENGE CUPS, MAY-BE 3
2 X CICHANOWSKI SHIELDS
2 X MAYORS CUPS
1 X CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS, MAY-BE 2

6 MAJOR TROPHIES SO FAR!!

He is very well Respect by the Playing Group & I believe one of the Best Coaches going around ATM, his Record it speaks for it's self.

Unlike some people theories, I'm pretty sure that Good Teams don't just Coach themselves!

Cooky is a Major part of all the Success Gardens have had & are having...

I'm not sure if he has been approached by the Club, but I'm sure the job is his again if he want's to Coach next Season...

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!

Est.1966

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

KING NUGGETT wrote:

2 X CICHANOWSKI SHIELDS
2 X MAYORS CUPS

He is very well Respect by the Playing Group & I believe one of the Best Coaches going around ATM, his Record it speaks for it's self.

Unlike some people theories, I'm pretty sure that Good Teams don't just Coach themselves!

I'm not sure if he has been approached by the Club, but I'm sure the job is his again if he want's to Coach next Season...

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!
When you put it on paper that is a phenomenal record! Youd think perhaps a Fed Club would come knocking soon. Congrats to Cooky and Gardens on the recent successes and the pending back to back Championships. Another year of the Nugget (But he has put his balls on the line, and copped it sweet when it was there to be taken!)

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

agreed nuggett the record speaks for itself.

What about the newcomers in Div 1 next year, to early to speak about your coaches or will you be going up to div 1 with the same coach?

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Modbury Vista will be coached by Bud again next year, unless something dramatic changes in the off season.
HA'WAY THE LADS

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

KING NUGGETT wrote:

2 X CICHANOWSKI SHIELDS
2 X MAYORS CUPS

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!
genuine question, not trying to bring down Cooky (as this record is amazing!), but is the record that good because of the coach? or because of the quality of players he has to work with? I think its a fair question as if you look at the Vale, last year the reserves won the league and this season theyve struggled to just 9 points - up to round 15... They have the same coach but have probably 5-6 different players in the regular starting 11...

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Andyb, Cooky went through the opposite to the Vale Reserves in his 1st 2 seasons he was only 3 points away from getting relegated He kept the core together, lost a couple of silverware hunters & then he went out & attracted the players he did to do what he has done. He took all the knockers criticism on the chin & stood proud through out that time. I don't think that you can take anything away from Cooky for the Gardens success in fact the opposite, I believe he is the major reason for there success...

Est.1966

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

KING NUGGETT wrote:Andyb, Cooky went through the opposite to the Vale Reserves in his 1st 2 seasons he was only 3 points away from getting relegated He kept the core together, lost a couple of silverware hunters & then he went out & attracted the players he did to do what he has done. He took all the knockers criticism on the chin & stood proud through out that time. I don't think that you can take anything away from Cooky for the Gardens success in fact the opposite, I believe he is the major reason for there success...

I get what your saying Nugget but heres another example, Aaron won the league at Florina that had several "Silverware hunters" that also were "Compensation hunters" when the compenasation stopped where did those players and Florina end up?

Cooky is part of the reason (a Major one actually) but you can not honestly say that compenasation to players hasnt helped at all either.

mvsc
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mvsc »

with all due respect at amateur level the coaches only do so much. 3 or 4 key changes in personnel can either cause a team to shoot up or down the table. recruitment is a much more important job than actual coaching. obviously cooky knows what he is doing given the recruitment at gardens in the last two years!

compare gardens 2009 to 2010, compare florina 2010 to 2011, compare TTG 2008/9 to 2010.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Left Right Out wrote:
I get what your saying Nugget but heres another example, Aaron won the league at Florina that had several "Silverware hunters" that also were "Compensation hunters" when the compenasation stopped where did those players and Florina end up?

Cooky is part of the reason (a Major one actually) but you can not honestly say that compenasation to players hasnt helped at all either.
fantasista wrote:with all due respect at amateur level the coaches only do so much. 3 or 4 key changes in personnel can either cause a team to shoot up or down the table. recruitment is a much more important job than actual coaching. obviously cooky knows what he is doing given the recruitment at gardens in the last two years!

compare gardens 2009 to 2010, compare florina 2010 to 2011, compare TTG 2008/9 to 2010.
What are you on about fantasista amateur level the coaches only do so much you obviously have no grip on reality. Bosa v Gardens 85min, substitution made by the coach substitution score the equaliser to send it to extra time! Not the Coach & I can think of loads of them throught the season....

Seriously Andy what a load of sh*t 90% of the playing group are on normal match payments 2-3 players are not but let me tell you they aint on any where near the figures that have been spoken about on here before. Alot of those players could get alot more at other Premier League Clubs than they do at the Gardens, but they have chosen to play at the Gardens for there own reasons.
We Play in the Sunday Premier League we & others have been compensating players for years.
To even start talking about compensation in the context of this topic Sunday Div 1 coaches for 2012 & what Cooky has achieved sorry Andy you lost me totally.

The proof he is a Great Coach is that he went through 2 terrible years neally being religated twice, he kept the core group together went & attracted the players he did & is the
MAJOR REASON for GARDENS SUCCESS!

So all you chardonnays that want to say it was the players that he had, or the money that Gardens Pay. You were the same chardonnays bagging him in 08-09.

I've been there, seen the Club when it was DOWN & OUT, RELIGATED, then PROMOTED, & now LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!

You can ALL have you say & have your views on why the GARDENS are were we are today, but let me tell you I know.
We are where we are today because of MANY PEOPLES DEDICATION TO THE CLUB & HARD WORK OVER MANY MANY YEARS.

And guess what I couldn't really give a rats about what you think & what lies you tell about our CLUB....

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!

2011 BACK 2 BACK & LEAGUE DOUBLE WINNERS....

Last edited by KING NUGGETT on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Est.1966

mvsc
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mvsc »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
Left Right Out wrote:

fantasista wrote:with all due respect at amateur level the coaches only do so much. 3 or 4 key changes in personnel can either cause a team to shoot up or down the table. recruitment is a much more important job than actual coaching. obviously cooky knows what he is doing given the recruitment at gardens in the last two years!

The proof he is a Great Coach is that he went through 2 terrible years neally being religated twice, he kept the core group together went & attracted the players he did & is the

[/size][/i]

[/b]
that's pretty much what we both said. recruitment > coaching in the amatuer league.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Read Again...
Left Right Out wrote:

What are you on about fantasista amateur level the coaches only do so much you obviously have no grip on reality. Bosa v Gardens 85min, substitution made by the coach substitution score the equaliser to send it to extra time! Not the Coach & I can think of loads of them throught the season....

Seriously Andy what a load of sh*t 90% of the playing group are on normal match payments 2-3 players are not but let me tell you they aint on any where near the figures that have been spoken about on here before. Alot of those players could get alot more at other Premier League Clubs than they do at the Gardens, but they have chosen to play at the Gardens for there own reasons.
We Play in the Sunday Premier League we & others have been compensating players for years.
To even start talking about compensation in the context of this topic Sunday Div 1 coaches for 2012 & what Cooky has achieved sorry Andy you lost me totally.

So all you chardonnays that want to say it was the players that he had, or the money that Gardens Pay. You were the same chardonnays bagging him in 08-09.

I've been there, seen the Club when it was DOWN & OUT, RELIGATED, then PROMOTED, & now LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!

You can ALL have you say & have your views on why the GARDENS are were we are today, but let me tell you I know.
We are where we are today because of MANY PEOPLES DEDICATION TO THE CLUB & HARD WORK OVER MANY MANY YEARS.

And guess what I couldn't really give a rats about what you think & what lies you tell about our CLUB....

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!

Est.1966

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Left Right Out wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:Andyb, Cooky went through the opposite to the Vale Reserves in his 1st 2 seasons he was only 3 points away from getting relegated He kept the core together, lost a couple of silverware hunters & then he went out & attracted the players he did to do what he has done. He took all the knockers criticism on the chin & stood proud through out that time. I don't think that you can take anything away from Cooky for the Gardens success in fact the opposite, I believe he is the major reason for there success...

I get what your saying Nugget but heres another example,
Aaron won the league at Florina that had several "Silverware hunters" that also were "Compensation hunters" when the compenasation stopped where did those players and Florina end up?
Andy If you dont know wht ur takling about maybe refrain from talking. I went to florina bcoz a friend was coaching there(Azza), I cant and wont comment why Bert went there as I know the reason(s) but wont speak for him. You my friend are not the same person who rang me when coaching TTG and offered "Compensation" as you put it??? Now I wont vent my reason for not being at Florina this year and were they end up is there business, but let me tell you my friend and I said this to Cooky just this past Sun nite tht if he was coaching Florina last year and read carefully I believe tht Florina wld have achieved wht the Gdns did and hope to do this year. Cookey is a very good communicator and knows how to get the best out of players and squads. Yes the gdns have a good squad but so do Chel$ki and tht doesnt lead to automatic success does it?? I was ready to retire after health issues last year and after spending an hour with Cookey had the passion rekindled tht id lost after the year b4 and thru health. So to say his ability is simply bcoz his club pays Compensation is nothing more than silly and quit frank maybe a little bitter on ur part. Side not do you think you wld have had the Vale in a better position if the board had of given the job to the only other applicant tht applied besides Azza????

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Andy If you dont know wht ur takling about maybe refrain from talking. I went to florina bcoz a friend was coaching there(Azza), I cant and wont comment why Bert went there as I know the reason(s) but wont speak for him. You my friend are not the same person who rang me when coaching TTG and offered "Compensation" as you put it??? Now I wont vent my reason for not being at Florina this year and were they end up is there business, but let me tell you my friend and I said this to Cooky just this past Sun nite tht if he was coaching Florina last year and read carefully I believe tht Florina wld have achieved wht the Gdns did and hope to do this year. Cookey is a very good communicator and knows how to get the best out of players and squads. Yes the gdns have a good squad but so do Chel$ki and tht doesnt lead to automatic success does it?? I was ready to retire after health issues last year and after spending an hour with Cookey had the passion rekindled tht id lost after the year b4 and thru health. So to say his ability is simply bcoz his club pays Compensation is nothing more than silly and quit frank maybe a little bitter on ur part. Side not do you think you wld have had the Vale in a better position if the board had of given the job to the only other applicant tht applied besides Azza????[/quote]

Read line 1 mate and take your own advice but before you do please tell everyone why you left Florina mate. What on earth am I bitter about?
I wasnt talking about TTG I wasnt talking about the Vale. I was talking about compensating players (any clubs) and the success it brings BUT what happens when theres no more compensation. Thats fine if you and Nelly want to think that everyone on Gardens is on the same money. Time will tell I suppose. It was a debate and comments were made, I put my 2 cents worth in.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

It's bullsh*t Andy I'm talking about our Clubs & Coaches success & you want to talk about player payments???

I find that totally disrespectful especially coming from you....

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!

Est.1966

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

KING NUGGETT wrote:It's bullsh*t Andy I'm talking about our Clubs & Coaches success & you want to talk about player payments???

I find that totally disrespectful especially coming from you....

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!
Sorry to have lost you in translation Nelly, Good Coaches are great to have and Steve is one of them NO ARGUMENTS THERE!

Nothing disrespectful at all Nelly.

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

So Nugget, you saying the dollars have not a made a difference to the Gardens success over the past two years??? What planet do you live on. Florina and Gardens are perfect example of what happens when the dollars are splashed and what happens when they are not.

No disrespect to Cooky because he is a good coach, but let’s face it the money has made all the difference to your success.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Ollo Ollo wrote:So Nugget, you saying the dollars have not a made a difference to the Gardens success over the past two years??? What planet do you live on. Florina and Gardens are perfect example of what happens when the dollars are splashed and what happens when they are not.

No disrespect to Cooky because he is a good coach, but let’s face it the money has made all the difference to your success.
Bullsh*t Ollo Ollo we were paying very similar player payments in 2008-09 as in 2010-11 not much has changed except we kept the players on the park 2010-11,
mate I know was involved in the running of the Club for 10 Years.
Where is you information from Chinese Whisper?
Like I said 90% of our Players are on the same match payments, it's very easy for under achieving Clubs to make excuses for there lack of success...

Est.1966

KVP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KVP »

Ollo Ollo wrote:So Nugget, you saying the dollars have not a made a difference to the Gardens success over the past two years??? What planet do you live on. Florina and Gardens are perfect example of what happens when the dollars are splashed and what happens when they are not.

And you know what, good luck to Parafield. Maybe it's time other teams took a leaf out of Parafields book as Florina did to make things happen at the club. At the end of the day, Parafield are the benchmark, $$$ are all part of the game, which bring in the good players. Nothing is for free in this world and look at the upside of this, the Sunday Division 1 League is gathering stature as the years progress. IMO the only thing amatuer about it is the word amatuer. It is a highly fast paced league and players that have made the switch from Federation to SAASL would not be able to say it is a walk in the park every Sunday.

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

How does a topic reg. Who is coaching where in 2012 been turned into a Gardens argument. While I'm def not a fan of Gardens I take my hat off and respect them. Their coach is probably one of the best going around alongside Simmo and Azza. What and if they pay their players is their business and no one elses. Either way the highest paid squad doesn't always get results.
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Left Right Out wrote:Andy If you dont know wht ur takling about maybe refrain from talking. I went to florina bcoz a friend was coaching there(Azza), I cant and wont comment why Bert went there as I know the reason(s) but wont speak for him. You my friend are not the same person who rang me when coaching TTG and offered "Compensation" as you put it??? Now I wont vent my reason for not being at Florina this year and were they end up is there business, but let me tell you my friend and I said this to Cooky just this past Sun nite tht if he was coaching Florina last year and read carefully I believe tht Florina wld have achieved wht the Gdns did and hope to do this year. Cookey is a very good communicator and knows how to get the best out of players and squads. Yes the gdns have a good squad but so do Chel$ki and tht doesnt lead to automatic success does it?? I was ready to retire after health issues last year and after spending an hour with Cookey had the passion rekindled tht id lost after the year b4 and thru health. So to say his ability is simply bcoz his club pays Compensation is nothing more than silly and quit frank maybe a little bitter on ur part. Side not do you think you wld have had the Vale in a better position if the board had of given the job to the only other applicant tht applied besides Azza????
Read line 1 mate and take your own advice but before you do please tell everyone why you left Florina mate. What on earth am I bitter about?
I wasnt talking about TTG I wasnt talking about the Vale. I was talking about compensating players (any clubs) and the success it brings BUT what happens when theres no more compensation. Thats fine if you and Nelly want to think that everyone on Gardens is on the same money. Time will tell I suppose. It was a debate and comments were made, I put my 2 cents worth in.[/quote]

Andy you seem to be having a go at players being silverware hunters and compensation hunters. Now tell me wht player who plays wldnt or doesnt want to win silverware??? As for compensation hunters does tht mean tht the coach cant coach if a player/s is getting compensated??? Why I left florina is my business and certaintly not urs and I have no idea why ur bitter, maybe its bcoz you missed out on the Vale job, maybe they've heard like most your not in Cookey's league, just a thought :wink:

#Thirteen
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by #Thirteen »

# 10 wrote:How does a topic reg. Who is coaching where in 2012 been turned into a Gardens argument. While I'm def not a fan of Gardens I take my hat off and respect them. Their coach is probably one of the best going around alongside Simmo and Azza. What and if they pay their players is their business and no one elses. Either way the highest paid squad doesn't always get results.

Surly GK would be mentioned in that company after his job at Pontian this year #10..... they were a couple of mins from relegation last year

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

#Thirteen wrote:
# 10 wrote:How does a topic reg. Who is coaching where in 2012 been turned into a Gardens argument. While I'm def not a fan of Gardens I take my hat off and respect them. Their coach is probably one of the best going around alongside Simmo and Azza. What and if they pay their players is their business and no one elses. Either way the highest paid squad doesn't always get results.

Surly GK would be mentioned in that company after his job at Pontian this year #10..... they were a couple of mins from relegation last year
I wouldn't argue that but would want to see him back it up next year. Simmo, Azza and Cooky have had sides going cosistently for a few years now
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

A Mature League
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by A Mature League »

Just 2 rhetorical questions that can't really be answered !
1. Would Gardens been in the same position in 2011 without Michael Brooks goal scoring contribution ?
2. Would Michael Brooks have gone to Gardens if they had not won all and sundry in 2010 ?
Image Image
" I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." - Tom Waits

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

A Mature League wrote:Just 2 rhetorical questions that can't really be answered !
1. Would Gardens been in the same position in 2011 without Michael Brooks goal scoring contribution ?
2. Would Michael Brooks have gone to Gardens if they had not won all and sundry in 2010 ?

quest 1 yes as they did it the year b4 so why not this year
quest 2 yes after talking with Cookey it was only then did I decide to commit to playing as ive said b4, due to health i was prob just going to go and watch the match of the round.

Ask urself this did Michael Brooks go to the Vale in 07 bcoz the won all in sundry as you put it, or was it bcoz of the coach then ppl you meet and play with and the friends you make along the way. At Parafield I played with Cookey back in the 80's at Salisbury so the respect was already there from way back, then there is players like Spiby Johno and Stammy tht ive known and played with/against for years and its close to home.
Hope tht inpart helps to clarify whtever it is ur trying to say without saying it.....

A Mature League
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by A Mature League »

brooksy7 wrote:
A Mature League wrote:Just 2 rhetorical questions that can't really be answered !

quest 1 yes as they did it the year b4 so why not this year
quest 2 yes after talking with Cookey it was only then did I decide to commit to playing as ive said b4, due to health i was prob just going to go and watch the match of the round.

Ask urself this did Michael Brooks go to the Vale in 07 bcoz the won all in sundry as you put it, or was it bcoz of the coach then ppl you meet and play with and the friends you make along the way. At Parafield I played with Cookey back in the 80's at Salisbury so the respect was already there from way back, then there is players like Spiby Johno and Stammy tht ive known and played with/against for years and its close to home.
Hope tht inpart helps to clarify whtever it is ur trying to say without saying it.....
...but Gardens did have the same coach and most players last year, but you didn't go there then ?
Image Image
" I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." - Tom Waits

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

Nugget, how many Knee recons did parafield have in 2009??
Was Stammy in goals??

just a thought :wink:
things happen for a reason

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

robinfriday10 wrote:Nugget, how many Knee recons did parafield have in 2009??
Was Stammy in goals??

just a thought :wink:
In 2008-09 we had 14 1st Team Season Ending Injuries Taylor, Zarwarski, DB, Levay, ect.ect. all quality...
Add to that our poor Disapline worst in the League 6-7 Red cards including Mohamads 1yr Ban from the 08 Cichanowski 3 Reds in the one Game for the Gardens 3 out 1st 2 Games ...
2008 Benny Aldridge was in Goals & left to go to the Downs after they achieved the Double -
09 Matt Peace was in Goals when he wasn't suspended...
10 Anthony Stamm...
Last edited by KING NUGGETT on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Est.1966