MAIWAND SHOULD BE BANNED

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ginger Bread Man
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: MAIWAND SHOULD BE BANNED

Post by Ginger Bread Man »

ban them then send them back...!
Last edited by Ginger Bread Man on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
run run as fast as you can... you cant catch me, im the ginger bread man!!!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Ginger Bread Man wrote:not only ban them but ship them back to where they came from...!
How? It's a landlocked country. :lol:

Ginger Bread Man
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ginger Bread Man »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
Ginger Bread Man wrote:not only ban them but ship them back to where they came from...!
How? It's a landlocked country. :lol:
is it ??????????????????
run run as fast as you can... you cant catch me, im the ginger bread man!!!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Image
:idea: Im going to assume flying them back is out of the question?? :roll:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

imanoutlaw wrote: :idea: Im going to assume flying them back is out of the question?? :roll:
Be easier than trying to get a ship there. (and yes I know air freight is sometimes called shipping)

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
imanoutlaw wrote: :idea: Im going to assume flying them back is out of the question?? :roll:
Be easier than trying to get a ship there. (and yes I know air freight is sometimes called shipping)
Could make them walk........ :wink:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Saints Blues 09
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Saints Blues 09 »

Twitchyarry wrote:
Saints Blues 09 wrote:Guys

We have Maiwand in our division this year. They won Div 6 last year.
In terms of violence- Have they gotten their act together lately?.. Because it seems like no one has written in this topic for a couple of years.

Last time I heard about them was when Florina was playing them (i missed that game) - A player of theirs went and pulled out a corner flag and went to hit a Florina player. I also heard that their fans were looking through garbage bins for glass bottles and threatening Florina players.

Why are they so violent and why have they been let off for such discgusting acts?
:lol: :lol: you sound a bit scared, maybe you should forfiet both games?
We played them in the cup a couple of years back, one of thier players got sent off for punching one of ours behind play, appart from that nothing happened and we stuffed them so they wouldn't have been too happy.
Dude call me scared call me what you will. But my team just wants to play soccer this season. We didnt enter the league to get into fights and have players punched behind play as you mentioned.
As for the fight itself I am pretty confident as we have 4 body builders and 1 martial arts fighter in the team, and an ex- Thailand Air Defence Soldier - I am not joking lol..

But we just dont like fights.. We avoid them..
SAINTS BLUES - THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Our 5th team played them a couple of times last year and didnt have to many problems with them.

REDS
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by REDS »

Hey Saints blue why dont you ask Saints black they would have played them last year wouldnt they :?:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I actually think we have more problems with Saints than Maiwand to be honest lol. Not that it was much.

Omonia (?) had a player suspended for a year for threatening to kill a referee.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Silence!!.... I kill you!!

:lol: Image

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Saints Blues 09 wrote:
Twitchyarry wrote:
Saints Blues 09 wrote:Guys

We have Maiwand in our division this year. They won Div 6 last year.
In terms of violence- Have they gotten their act together lately?.. Because it seems like no one has written in this topic for a couple of years.

Last time I heard about them was when Florina was playing them (i missed that game) - A player of theirs went and pulled out a corner flag and went to hit a Florina player. I also heard that their fans were looking through garbage bins for glass bottles and threatening Florina players.

Why are they so violent and why have they been let off for such discgusting acts?
:lol: :lol: you sound a bit scared, maybe you should forfiet both games?
We played them in the cup a couple of years back, one of thier players got sent off for punching one of ours behind play, appart from that nothing happened and we stuffed them so they wouldn't have been too happy.
Dude call me scared call me what you will. But my team just wants to play soccer this season. We didnt enter the league to get into fights and have players punched behind play as you mentioned.
As for the fight itself I am pretty confident as we have 4 body builders and 1 martial arts fighter in the team, and an ex- Thailand Air Defence Soldier - I am not joking lol..

But we just dont like fights.. We avoid them..
Easy tiger, not sure about soccer but the rest of us just want to play football :D
HA'WAY THE LADS

Saints Blues 09
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Saints Blues 09 »

Jay Walking wrote:I actually think we have more problems with Saints than Maiwand to be honest lol. Not that it was much.

Omonia (?) had a player suspended for a year for threatening to kill a referee.

Well we are Saints Blues - 1st year.. So you couldnt of had too many problems with us.
I dont think any team will have problems with us.
SAINTS BLUES - THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

An appropriate BUMP
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

I Love Food
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by I Love Food »

In the very first instance Maiwand should loose all points todate therefore finishing bottom and then be droped to div 5.

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

I LOVE FOOD wrote:In the very first instance Maiwand should loose all points todate therefore finishing bottom and then be droped to div 5.

I disgree food lover, they SHOULD be booted out of the league and never let them back in, just have a look at the pounding amateur football has copped in the last 2 days, let alone the sweeping changes that will occur as a result of this incident.

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Some facts on Maiwand :-
OAM
Ms Alison Margaret McGREGOR, 58 High Street, Kensington SA 5068
For service to the community through support for, and resettlement of, refugees from
Afghanistan and Iran.
Supporter and advocate for asylum seekers, since 2003; Tutor in English for migrant families.
Formed the Circle of Friends 42 Group to support of Afghani and Iranian refugees, 2004.
Involved in the resettlement and rehabilitation of former detainees; provided financial support
to the Maiwand Afghani soccer team
Wonder what her thoughts are???

Active Sport Program
October 2009 - $5000 - to assist in sporting equipment purchases .....

There is no place for violence like this on any sporting field .........

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

get rid of maiwand.... bunch of cry babies....
any decision that goes against them and its the end of the f ucking world..... they want to fight over the smallest petty bull shite .... and last week they put on an unregistered player(clearly in premier/super league form) because they were losing at half time... even the ref made a report after checking the cards...
2-3 years ago we played them at north adelaide.... same thing happened as with seaford this time.... the bats and poles came out, bottles, crowd all in..... why? losing 2-0 ....

not only that.... half the team has gang related tatts and make all kinds of threats during the games... seriously... wtf ???

we play seaford/ plympton and others and yeah theres a bit of mouth and banter, heaps of yellow cards but nothing ever gets out of hand and we all shake hands after the game and have a beer....
these maiwand idiots... zero respect for anyone....
if the SAASL keeps letting them back in, one day someone will end up in a really bad way because these clowns will get bashed, they wont be able to get over it and pull a gun on someone....
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

albion83
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by albion83 »

bloodypassit wrote:Some facts on Maiwand :-
OAM
For service to the community through support for, and resettlement of, refugees from
Afghanistan and Iran.
Supporter and advocate for asylum seekers, since 2003; Tutor in English for migrant families.
Formed the Circle of Friends 42 Group to support of Afghani and Iranian refugees, 2004.
Involved in the resettlement and rehabilitation of former detainees; provided financial support
Wonder what her thoughts are???.........
I wonder what her thoughts were when she asked them what they wanted to call their new team ?
MAIWAND was the scene of a major British/Indian - Afghani battle that cost thousands of lives on both sides in 1880....
Poor choice of name wouldn't you think ?

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

albion83 wrote:
OAM
Afghanistan and Iran.
I wonder what her thoughts were when she asked them what they wanted to call their new team ?
MAIWAND was the scene of a major British/Indian - Afghani battle that cost thousands of lives on both sides in 1880....
If thats the case then i guess Bosna, Beograd, Croatia, Florina, Macedonia and Vietnamese etc would all be bad names also?
retired handy man!

albion83
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by albion83 »

handy_man wrote:
albion83 wrote:
OAM
Afghanistan and Iran.
If thats the case then i guess Bosna, Beograd, Croatia, Florina, Macedonia and Vietnamese etc would all be bad names also?
These are regions or countries (and let's not split hairs here).
Naming your club after a major battle seems not to help reconciliation, don't you think ?

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

Poor choice of name wouldn't you think ?[/quote]

If thats the case then i guess Bosna, Beograd, Croatia, Florina, Macedonia and Vietnamese etc would all be bad names also?[/quote]

These are regions or countries (and let's not split hairs here).
Naming your club after a major battle seems not to help reconciliation, don't you think ?[/quote]
pretty sure Maiwand is a place where unfortunately a battle took place....guess the question beckons was the choice of name due to a place of origin or as a result of the battle..

Maiwand

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maiwand

Maiwand

Location in Afghanistan

Country

Afghanistan

Province

Kandahar Province

District

Maiwand is a village in Afghanistan and the district center of Maiwand District of Kandahar Province. It is located 50 miles northwest of Kandahar.

Maiwand is notable for the Battle of Maiwand which took place on July 27, 1880 during the Second Anglo-Afghan War. Ayub Khan together with Malalai Anaa defeated a British brigade under General Burrows.

Maiwand is also a prestigious and proud name for Afghan males
retired handy man!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

albion83 wrote:Naming your club after a major battle seems not to help reconciliation, don't you think ?
Difficult to find anywhere in Afghanistan where there hasn't been a battle at some time.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
albion83 wrote:Naming your club after a major battle seems not to help reconciliation, don't you think ?
Difficult to find anywhere in Afghanistan where there hasn't been a battle at some time.

Valid point.

killie
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by killie »

Not a usual contributor (here or elsewhere), but isn’t it a bit hazardous to be publishing someone’s home address on the internet in the context of the events of the weekend and some of the fairly heated discussion that’s followed?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

It's named after a town/region where there was a major battle, not after a major battle per se.

Unlike Verdun in the Adelaide Hills.
Time for some righteous indignation

blind_spot
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by blind_spot »

killie wrote:Not a usual contributor (here or elsewhere), but isn’t it a bit hazardous to be publishing someone’s home address on the internet in the context of the events of the weekend and some of the fairly heated discussion that’s followed?

I agree.
Poli Suntem Noi!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaujKd58 ... re=related

Fortza Poli Timisoara C.V.U.C.S. !!!!!!

dska
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by dska »

To 'Finderskeepers'
Your comment ......'we played (polonia) a couple of weeks back and the reserve game and first team games were both called off, in the first team game they were beatin ourplayers and fans with corner flags and other such poles'...........

Your comment is totally incorrect, I attend all Polonia games and there were no 'called off' games this season. I cant remember when there was a player sent off.
The games against Maiwand a week ago were played in the right spirit so I was surprised that this incident occurred on the weekend.

I give credit to Maiwand for their skillful attacking soccer, The A team seemed to be the best in Div4.

There are teams in this league that are very physical in play/attack on the ball and often the referees dont give enough protection to the ball team and this is where the problem starts.

This does not excuse players/supporters taking matters in their hands resulting in violence. Hopefully the SAASL deals with this accordingly.

PUBLISH FACTS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RockCod
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by RockCod »

I think you'll find that post was from 4 years ago. May well be a fact