Why not????

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

brutus01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Why not????

Post by brutus01 »

brooksy7 wrote:Swannsong sorry misread about the Hindmarsh idea , think it has merits cheers.
brooksy, great idea....why dont you drop an email to Alex at the league and let them know and the clubs that are supporting it so far...If they can put on the website and maybe add it to their next press release. Its a must do also for the semis and cup finals.

Zelks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Zelks »

I posted this on a previous topic;

Invite all Saasl staff, all of the clubs captains & chairman/presidents and sponsors/supporters to Hindmarsh or Grange, once the season is completed - get the Messenger & Advertiser involved, and simply all the clubs to unite, have a banner made and signed by all, with a heading (eg. Kick out Violence) - this will show the entire community what our game means to all of us and that we will not stand for this crap!!

Then for all the clubs to agree and support the decision that any club/team/individual which participates in violence be banned (this is a very simple example, I am sure together we can create a better code of ethics/rules for all to follow).

Brooksy, I am more then happy to get the entire team 'Beograd' to be involved at Hindmarsh in some way - that being the semi final.

Let me know how I can help,

Cheers
Lukas

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

All Great ideas except we don't need a new or better code of conduct we allready have one for clubs, players, officials & spectators & mostly it is adhered to
let's make this happen. I like "Let's kickout violence"

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 187 »

handy_man wrote:
brooksy7 wrote:Eastboy just wanted to get a gauge as to the support from clubs b4 approaching the League about supportting this. Ofcourse they will be approached.

Handy man ur comment has nothing to do with anything regarding this issue and frankly poor form by ur good self.
good luck for ur match this....
has plenty to do with it.....just coz im not on the yeah Brooksy great idea band wagon it dosent mean i condone violence rather that i can be objective to a suggestion..... yes i dont think your idea will reach the target which is the people involved....it wont make front page of the advertiser and the comments on Adelaide Now will not read' wow' these soccer guys are great coz they dont like violence'.... not to say i am against the idea but i think it will have minimal impact if any.....if im wrong then congatulations and i take my hat off to you......

now you being the well known individual you are how about really doing something to promote this game and go and coach someone like Maiwand for free and show them the right way......then come back here and recieve the respect...but whilst your choosing your fee its pfffft....

handy_man you are a complete tool and prove that time and time again on here..

Brooksy, I think what you've suggested is a great idea and im sure every1 at the Brahma will be more then happy to participate... Well done :wink:

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

187 wrote:
handy_man wrote:
brooksy7 wrote:Eastboy just wanted to get a gauge as to the support from clubs b4 approaching the League about supportting this. Ofcourse they will be approached.

Handy man ur comment has nothing to do with anything regarding this issue and frankly poor form by ur good self.
good luck for ur match this....
has plenty to do with it.....just coz im not on the yeah Brooksy great idea band wagon it dosent mean i condone violence rather that i can be objective to a suggestion..... yes i dont think your idea will reach the target which is the people involved....it wont make front page of the advertiser and the comments on Adelaide Now will not read' wow' these soccer guys are great coz they dont like violence'.... not to say i am against the idea but i think it will have minimal impact if any.....if im wrong then congatulations and i take my hat off to you......

now you being the well known individual you are how about really doing something to promote this game and go and coach someone like Maiwand for free and show them the right way......then come back here and recieve the respect...but whilst your choosing your fee its pfffft....
handy_man you are a complete tool and prove that time and time again on here..

Brooksy, I think what you've suggested is a great idea and im sure every1 at the Brahma will be more then happy to participate... Well done :wink:
Thnkx 187 and the Brahma Boys ur support is appreciated!!

This is not a personal gain in anyway as suggested, it affects me indirectly but by the same token directly bcoz its our gr8 game tht the outside ppl are looking to destroy wht we all love the game of Football. Please keep showing ur support and lets see if we can "Kick out Violence"

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

+1 187. On both points
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Teams to show interest so far, please help us to stand together to "Kick Violence Out"

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
Beograd
Brahma Lodge
Flinders Div 4A,B & Div 6

born slippy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by born slippy »

brooksy7 wrote:Teams to show interest so far, please help us to stand together to "Kick Violence Out"

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
Beograd
Brahma Lodge
Western Strikers will definitely support your idea Brooksy... count us in.

keegan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by keegan »

very pro-active brooksy well done

handy-man sounds like your very handy with your hand :?

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Cheers for the chat brooksey

Can all Sunday Div 2 teams PM me with emails and contact numbers ... Ill keep you posted on whats happening

Aiming for last round of the season ...

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

born slippy wrote:
brooksy7 wrote:Teams to show interest so far, please help us to stand together to "Kick Violence Out"

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
Beograd
Brahma Lodge

What about sat amatuers????
I can get AV on board, as well as Salisbury Villa, whom we play last game of the season!

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

D.A.M wrote:
born slippy wrote:

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
Beograd
Brahma Lodge

What about sat amatuers????
I can get AV on board, as well as Salisbury Villa, whom we play last game of the season!
Please do get them to get in contact with myself or bloddypassit by pm on here for more details thnkx D.A.M

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
Beograd
Brahma Lodge
Ill speak to the powers-that-be tonight Brooksy - can't see any reason why we wouldn't want to be part of this either.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Great idea I will have a chat to the powers that be, but it should all be sweet. If not I will smash them :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Fulham would be in and West Beach who we play in the last game of the year I am sure would be in as well.

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

bump!!

Fitz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fitz »

Great idea, FC Adelaide will be keen to get on board. Fantastic if the clubs show a united front against this sort of thing. Maybe we could also do something similar to stamp out racism next year, as unfortunately that still rears its ugly head.
ImageImageImage

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

More ppl and clubs tht have indicated they will speak with the powers tht be at their club's training tonite or are willing to get involved are:

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
Beograd
Brahma Lodge
Western Strikers
Fulham
West Beach
Florina
Elizabeth Downs
F.C Adelaide
Adl Uni
Elizabeth Vale
Pontians

I have rang the League office and his mobile aswell and have left a msg for Alex to call me back. Will keep you informed when I know something clearer.
Thnkx to everybody who is inboxing me with support and offer's to do whtever they can, it shows wht a gr8 Football community we have :)

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

brooksy7 wrote:More ppl and clubs tht have indicated they will speak with the powers tht be at their club's training tonite or are willing to get involved are:

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
Beograd
Brahma Lodge
Western Strikers
Fulham
West Beach
Florina
Elizabeth Downs
F.C Adelaide
Adl Uni
Elizabeth Vale
Pontians

I have rang the League office and his mobile aswell and have left a msg for Alex to call me back. Will keep you informed when I know something clearer.
Thnkx to everybody who is inboxing me with support and offer's to do whtever they can, it shows wht a gr8 Football community we have :)
Modbury Jets
Adelaide Vikings
Old Ignatius
Adelaide Titans
Adelaide Villa
Adelaide Comets
Adelaide CU FC
USC Lion
Adelaide University
Strathalbyn
Sturt Marion
Mount Lofty
Northern Wovles
Elizabeth Grove
Para Hills Lions
Noarlunga
Plympton
Last edited by ExtraTime on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:56 am, edited 6 times in total.

Pommy09
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Pommy09 »

cant wait to be a part of this 8) :D
CMON U SAINTS

There's only one le tissier

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Florina confirms its participation.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

ontheblackburner wrote:Florina confirms its participation.

Big thnkx to Florina , Salisbury Inter onboard aswell well in guys!!!

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

thank you to all those for the abuse....firstly this is a forum where everyone is entitled to an opinion which if you halfwits had read my first post would realise thats all it was but i guess none of you have actually been involved in any kind of conflict resolution process to know any better which is why you act like sheep and follow the leader.....i stand by my opinion that this is not a solution and will have bugger all impact on the problem....if these teams continue to be involved it will continue to happen unless they are educated or policed in some way....you can stick a feather up your backsides not just white tape on your arms and it still wont impact on THOSE CONCERNED which is what this is all about not a publicity stunt which no one outside those involved with amateur football will give a stuff about.....but guess what we all already know that :roll:
retired handy man!

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

handy_man wrote:thank you to all those for the abuse....firstly this is a forum where everyone is entitled to an opinion which if you halfwits had read my first post would realise thats all it was but i guess none of you have actually been involved in any kind of conflict resolution process to know any better which is why you act like sheep and follow the leader.....i stand by my opinion that this is not a solution and will have bugger all impact on the problem....if these teams continue to be involved it will continue to happen unless they are educated or policed in some way....you can stick a feather up your backsides not just white tape on your arms and it still wont impact on THOSE CONCERNED which is what this is all about not a publicity stunt which no one outside those involved with amateur football will give a stuff about.....but guess what we all already know that :roll:
We respect tht you have ur own opinion, I dont question tht, but do we just sit by and allow things to continue to go down the path tht it is???
Is it not better to try and find a resolution then just bury our collective heads and say "oh well nothing will get changed or done abourt it" That to me wld be far worse than actually trying to achieve something, but you have a right to ur opinion, seems ur in the minority but thts fine, but wld kindly ask tht if you post on this topic plz refrain from being derogatry to wht those of us are trying to achieve thnkx...

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

handy man - maybe no one cares outside the football community .. but guess what .. .we care!!!!!! and we take pride in our association

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

brooksy7 wrote:
handy_man wrote:thank you to all those for the abuse....firstly this is a forum where everyone is entitled to an opinion which if you halfwits had read my first post would realise thats all it was but i guess none of you have actually been involved in any kind of conflict resolution process to know any better which is why you act like sheep and follow the leader.....i stand by my opinion that this is not a solution and will have bugger all impact on the problem....if these teams continue to be involved it will continue to happen unless they are educated or policed in some way....you can stick a feather up your backsides not just white tape on your arms and it still wont impact on THOSE CONCERNED which is what this is all about not a publicity stunt which no one outside those involved with amateur football will give a stuff about.....but guess what we all already know that :roll:
We respect tht you have ur own opinion, I dont question tht, but do we just sit by and allow things to continue to go down the path tht it is???
Is it not better to try and find a resolution then just bury our collective heads and say "oh well nothing will get changed or done abourt it" That to me wld be far worse than actually trying to achieve something, but you have a right to ur opinion, seems ur in the minority but thts fine, but wld kindly ask tht if you post on this topic plz refrain from being derogatry to wht those of us are trying to achieve thnkx...
Im not saying sit by and do nothing and if you had read the post'where to from here' before starting your own you would have seen a 'suggestion' i had made. If this is what people wish to do then go for it. I dont believe it will have any impact on the problem which is not being derogatory. Why dont you get every player and spectator from every club in the amateur leauge to sign a petition advocating our dissaproval of this kind of behaviour and present it to both the minister and to the offending clubs. something like that in my opinion would have more impact on one the ministers opinion regarding grants and on the individual clubs when they see written evidence of all those involved how their behaviour has angered the footballing community. Ill say again congratulaions on your suggestion and good luck with it. I hope im wrong.
retired handy man!

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

bloodypassit wrote:handy man - maybe no one cares outside the football community .. but guess what .. .we care!!!!!! and we take pride in our association
agreed but we all feel the same way so we are preaching to the converted.
retired handy man!

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

What you are forgetting handy_man ... given that the sponsorship dollar is getting harder.. imagine the potential losses in sponsorship to the league plus clubs.
Handy_man its up to you if you and your club Macedonia want to be involved. So handy-man can you state if your club is in or out??

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

bloodypassit wrote:What you are forgetting handy_man ... given that the sponsorship dollar is getting harder.. imagine the potential losses in sponsorship to the league plus clubs.
Handy_man its up to you if you and your club Macedonia want to be involved. So handy-man can you state if your club is in or out??
sponsorship is generally a tax dodge and most sponsors reep rewards for their money ie the marion hotel...short of the sponsored club being the instigators of trouble and bringing bad publicity to the sponsor they will continue to be involved....

i help out at the club where i can but am no way involved in club decisions...as training is tonight i cant confirm or deny whether they will be involved.....but if so then so be it.....
retired handy man!

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

good idea Brooksy. I think you should get everyone involved.

I have played in all leagues and helped out clubs from - FFSA / SAASL / Collegiate.

All are good and do a good job.

I think you should get all the SAASL behind it along with the Collegiate League and hopefully FFSA.

Im currently involved with the CSL so if you want me to follow this up let me know.

Hopefully the FFSA can support this as well.

What happened in the SAASL effects everyone and the more you can get behind you the better.

We want the game to have good publicity and it doesnt matter which association you are involved in.