Sunday Results - Round 17

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Vale_boy05
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Results - Round 17

Post by Vale_boy05 »

Hard fought game yesterday at the Vale.

Cheers to all the Fullham boys who did come back in for a beer and some food, but i was disappointed by the minority who didn't shake hands after the game and accused us of throwing the game last week against Florina.
Your taking a stab at the whole club and it's players and it was absolutely disrespectful...poor form

Paipss Cisse
he scores when he wants.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

#Thirteen wrote:It was definitely handbags at 10 paces stuff yesterday at the farm v pontian game. All Sharkey had to do is keep refereeing the game and he would have had no problem
Leave Sharkey alone, he is the best referee in this state! The country even!! No, no the World!!!
Agia Lavra 1821!

#Thirteen
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by #Thirteen »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
#Thirteen wrote:It was definitely handbags at 10 paces stuff yesterday at the farm v pontian game. All Sharkey had to do is keep refereeing the game and he would have had no problem
Leave Sharkey alone, he is the best referee in this state! The country even!! No, no the World!!!

Take him to Darwin with you and leave him there!! :wink:

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

The same could be said about your Club Marshall (PRESIDENT?) Paleon Patros Germanos may-be get him to read the Club Official Code of Conduct, Match Official Code of Conduct & the Supporter Code of Conduct all here http://www.saasl.com.au/Policy.asp?mid=71&incid=2 absolute joke to blame the Referee your keeper obviously handle the ball out of the area if that stopped a Goal Scoring oppertunity it's a Red Card, Simple.
It's like going of at the cops for getting caught speeding....

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Vale_boy05 wrote:Hard fought game yesterday at the Vale.

Cheers to all the Fullham boys who did come back in for a beer and some food, but i was disappointed by the minority who didn't shake hands after the game and accused us of throwing the game last week against Florina.
Your taking a stab at the whole club and it's players and it was absolutely disrespectful...poor form
Poor form Fulham!
I have never played for the Vale but against them many a time and knowing the playing group and people within the club they would never consider throwing a game. Westers & co have to much pride to even contemplate doing so, let alone Westers wanting to get one over his old team

Seasons over 18 games Fulham, dont blame your disappointing season on another clubs result over one game!

What will they throw at Gardens this week if Florina were to get a result :wink:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

KVP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KVP »

Vale_boy05 wrote:Hard fought game yesterday at the Vale.

Was a good game to watch, Fulham could have made something out of it but alas it wasn't meant to be.

I thought the whole team came in? As if the Vale was accused of throwing that game? Thats bullocks if true...

#Thirteen
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by #Thirteen »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
The same could be said about your Club Marshall (PRESIDENT?) Paleon Patros Germanos may-be get him to read the Club Official Code of Conduct, Match Official Code of Conduct & the Supporter Code of Conduct all here http://www.saasl.com.au/Policy.asp?mid=71&incid=2 absolute joke to blame the Referee your keeper obviously handle the ball out of the area if that stopped a Goal Scoring oppertunity it's a Red Card, Simple.

Maybe you shouldn't comment on specifics if you weren't there nuggett.....def not a goal scoring opportunity

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Aldo Serena wrote:
MSSC Blue Eagles Division 3 Champions!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to MSSC Blue Eagles Div.3 CHAMPIONS WELL DONE...
Enjoy Aldo Serena!!!

Est.1966

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

LenBhoy wrote:
Jay Now Hobbling wrote:I wasn't there today but was told it was tall Steve?
Not surprised, he threatened to call of the Iggys vs Sturt Marion game because someone called him a c***.

He is one of the worsst referees I've ever seen in 35 years of SAASL involvement. He lets personal feelings interfere with his handling of games and worst of all he is a terrible communicator.
Really? I've found him to be alright. Not the best but certainly not the worst. I think he talks to the players fine. Maybe when they abuse him though, they get booked which is right.

Agonizingly close
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Agonizingly close »

Division 2 Sunday is agonizingly close. The last week of fixtures should be interesting as all the teams that are fighting to stay up are squaring off against each other besides Vikings who have a tough trip down to Vista. For Beograd it was a hard earned and much needed point away at Inter. We had 7 players missing on the day and no substitutes. One of our players pulled his hamstring and showed true character by staying on the park for the remainder of the game.Considering the circumstances we should be proud of our performance. Hopefully next week we can get the right result and stay up in division 2.

Congratulations to the Adelaide Blue Eagles for promotion.

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

#Thirteen wrote:
absolute joke to blame the Referee your keeper obviously handle the ball out of the area if that stopped a Goal Scoring oppertunity it's a Red Card, Simple.
It's like going of at the cops for getting caught speeding....[/b]

Maybe you shouldn't comment on specifics if you weren't there nuggett.....def not a goal scoring opportunity[/quote]

the red card was for handling the ball outside the box which is a red card offence irrespective of it being a goal scoring opportunity
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

carra23 wrote:
#Thirteen wrote:
absolute joke to blame the Referee your keeper obviously handle the ball out of the area if that stopped a Goal Scoring oppertunity it's a Red Card, Simple.

Maybe you shouldn't comment on specifics if you weren't there nuggett.....def not a goal scoring opportunity
the red card was for handling the ball outside the box which is a red card offence irrespective of it being a goal scoring opportunity[/quote]

You got No idea mate... Go back and read the law book... Only way ANY player can get a red card 'handball' is if they are denying goal opp... Otherwise it can only be yellow for unsporting behaviour...

#Thirteen
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by #Thirteen »

carra23 wrote:
#Thirteen wrote:

the red card was for handling the ball outside the box which is a red card offence irrespective of it being a goal scoring opportunity[/quote]

Yeah agree with you...but so is bringing down a player in the box on goal about to shoot ..... well it ususally is :wink:

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

#Thirteen wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:

May-be your President & Supporters should pull there heads in & then may-be your players might accually have a chance to win something without having to blame the referee...

Est.1966

albion83
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by albion83 »

Neutral spectator at the Farm-Pontian match yesterday……..

Re the first penalty to Pontian….yes, it looked from my position on the hill that the Farm defender had fouled the Pontian player as the last defender, and denying an OBVIOUS (check the Law) goal-scoring opportunity, he should have been red carded.

Re the following penalty to Farm….no, it looked from my much closer position on the hill that the Pontian keeper had punched the ball outside the box NOT as the last defender because there were other players of both teams closer to the goal than the keeper ended up, therefore not denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. He should have only have been yellow carded, I believe.

Re the performance of the referee, although technically still one of the best, he seems too willing to meet any challenges to his authority with a verbal tug-of-war. Instead of diffusing the situation, he seems to relish the confrontation. Perhaps he contributed in part to the abandonment by not giving Pontian “one last chance” (although he doesn’t have to), after having endured some serious, loud abuse, some of which may have contained threats….I couldn’t say.

Re the Pontian crowd, coach, chairman, officials and anyone else I have missed, they need to seriously cut out certain elements already raised and mostly admitted on this forum. The constant tirades of abuse that came from that area (including during the reserve match) do nothing for the club’s reputation.

Right at this moment, with all the BESA and Maiwand public glare, ALL of us who love this game so much need to lower the temperature and act more responsibly……otherwise it may be forced upon us by outside, less understanding, interests.

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

I think people need to think about what it would be like if the shoe was on the other foot. The ref is totally on his own out there, of course he's going to feel uncomfortable or even threatened when getting abuse hurled at him by a mob. It's easy for members of the mob to say that there was nothing in it because they're not the ones having the heat put on them, I'm sure the lonely ref sees it rather differently.

Going by the accounts of proceedings posted on here I wouldn't blame the ref one bit for calling the game off, if the club official who's supposed to be keeping his spectators in check decides to join in on abusing the ref as well instead of doing his job you're not leaving the ref many options. How is the ref supposed to know what the character of these spectators is like and whether any are likely to snap and take things further?

After the recent BESA incident I think it's pretty clear the refs are going to have less tolerance for crowd behaviour and unless something changes we're going to see more and more games called off. More refs are going to give it up and soon we won't even have enough refs to do first team games, what sort of league are we going to have then?

I think the commitees of all clubs need to take this seriously and do what they can to make it clear to their spectators that abuse at the ref is not on.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Far King wrote:
I think people need to think about what it would be like if the shoe was on the other foot. The ref is totally on his own out there, of course he's going to feel uncomfortable or even threatened when getting abuse hurled at him by a mob. It's easy for members of the mob to say that there was nothing in it because they're not the ones having the heat put on them, I'm sure the lonely ref sees it rather differently.

Going by the accounts of proceedings posted on here I wouldn't blame the ref one bit for calling the game off, if the club official who's supposed to be keeping his spectators in check decides to join in on abusing the ref as well instead of doing his job you're not leaving the ref many options. How is the ref supposed to know what the character of these spectators is like and whether any are likely to snap and take things further?

After the recent BESA incident I think it's pretty clear the refs are going to have less tolerance for crowd behaviour and unless something changes we're going to see more and more games called off. More refs are going to give it up and soon we won't even have enough refs to do first team games, what sort of league are we going to have then?

I think the commitees of all clubs need to take this seriously and do what they can to make it clear to their spectators that abuse at the ref is not on.
+1 Great Post.

PONTIAN S.C has no one to blame except the Loud Mouth Supporter who obviously went over the top & the Club Marshall & Pontian Club Officials who obviously did nothing to defuse the situation.
Referee's are there to officiate the game without them we can't play, seriously people WAKE UP!

Est.1966

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

#Thirteen wrote:
Yeah agree with you...but so is bringing down a player in the box on goal about to shoot ..... well it ususally is :wink:
No drama's................as for the other decision it all depends if he was the last man and the player was actually running towards
goal not away from goal...........as in around the keeper....
stupid interpretation I know but that's the way the ref looks at it.
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Far King wrote:

In one
great post Far King

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

carra23 wrote:
#Thirteen wrote:
No drama's................as for the other decision it all depends if he was the last man and the player was actually running towards
goal not away from goal...........as in around the keeper....
stupid interpretation I know but that's the way the ref looks at it.
Listen the Referee has the whistle will blow it when "HE SEE'S A FOUL"!
We might not all agree with those decisons but what then? Get the Game Abandoned???
Like I said WAKE UP IT'S ONLY A GAME!!!

Est.1966

Jebus
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Jebus »

It will be interesting to see how the league handles the Farm incident, will their keeper be suspended next week? Will the game have to be replayed. We don't need the precedent set that says if things aren't going your way you can get some clown supporter to arc up and have the game abandoned.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Jebus wrote:It will be interesting to see how the league handles the Farm incident, will their keeper be suspended next week? Will the game have to be replayed. We don't need the precedent set that says if things aren't going your way you can get some clown supporter to arc up and have the game abandoned.
Red Card the Keeper misses the Semi Final Guarranteed, poor kid...

Est.1966

BenQ
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BenQ »

LenBhoy wrote:
Not surprised, he threatened to call of the Iggys vs Sturt Marion game because someone called him a c***.

He is one of the worsst referees I've ever seen in 35 years of SAASL involvement. He lets personal feelings interfere with his handling of games and worst of all he is a terrible communicator.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he call off the Vikings vs Macedonia game, earlier in the season, for similar reasons?

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

BenQ wrote:
LenBhoy wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he call off the Vikings vs Macedonia game, earlier in the season, for similar reasons?
Is that a slight on him as a softie or on us as spectators that we can't contain our emotions to the point where we are over the top abusive????? just a question... I guess if there were more refs like him there would be a lot less abuse as we would not want the ref to call of the games... maybe he is on the right track?

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

Great day for Brahma yesterday, got the result that now means our mission for this season of staying in div 2 is achieved. Another result this week and we could finish in the top 4.

Captain Volley with another cracker to get the ball rolling, top year fella. after that result was never in doubt, however full credit to Vikings they are obviously struggling with numbers down there having to forfeit C's and B's, yet they put in right till the end. Cheers for hanging around for a beer. I've been at brahma for 10 years now and having faced you guys as Royal Park/Vikings in div 4, 3 and now 2 I am fairly certain that is the first time we have beat you. Always been a quality outfit. Good luck this week its not over just yet.

As for us, supporters can relax for the first time this year! end of season party starts 9:30 sunday morning, but players still have a job to do and there is absolutely no way Inter will have an easy game on their hands. We dont like losing

Azza
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Azza »

Aldo Serena wrote:
Azza wrote:
Aldo Serena wrote:A's: MSSC Blue Eagles 8 - 1 Port Pirie Savoy
B's: MSSC Blue Eagles 3 - 0 Port Pirie Savoy

MSSC Blue Eagles Division 3 Champions!!!
eat brown waste
Are you serious Azza?
:roll: I don't even remember typing that..probably shouldn't post after a heavy sunday arvo
Congrats on the league win fellas...looking forward to the clash on tues night hopefully our B's take the title and our A's can finish the season with a win against yas

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
Jebus wrote:It will be interesting to see how the league handles the Farm incident, will their keeper be suspended next week? Will the game have to be replayed. We don't need the precedent set that says if things aren't going your way you can get some clown supporter to arc up and have the game abandoned.
Massive loss for them
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

#Thirteen
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by #Thirteen »

KING NUGGETT wrote:

:roll: Really not sure how you come to this conclusion...game was abandoned so SAASL will need to decided what happens, if it's a replay I'd assume the red card won't stand...

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

As for us, supporters can relax for the first time this year! end of season party starts 9:30 sunday morning, but players still have a job to do and there is absolutely no way Inter will have an easy game on their hands. We dont like losing[/quote]

I would like to apologise in advance for some of the stuff I am going to do during the course of the day and thank all at Brahma for helping me get into a taxi at the end of the night!!
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

ExtraTime
Club Captain