FFSA Girls and Womens Cup Finals

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

FFSA Girls and Womens Cup Finals

Post by Playthewhistle »

This Sunday at Hindmarsh, $5 entry (Under 16 $2) 25/09/2011

9:30 AM U13 Adelaide Blue Eagles v Fulham United
11:00 AM Div 3/4/5 Para Hills United v NAB
1:00 PM U15 Campbelltown City v Adelaide City
2:30 PM Div 1/2 Stirling District v Seaford
4:30 PM U17 Fulham United v Adelaide Uni
6:30 PM Prem/State Adelaide Olympic v Adelaide City

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: FFSA Girls and Womens Cup Finals

Post by Playthewhistle »

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

U13 Adelaide Blue Eagles v Fulham United - Go little Fulham they are so cute!
Div 3/4/5 Para Hills United v NAB - Just dont want Para Hills United to win!
PM U15 Campbelltown City v Adelaide City - Goooooo City!!
Div 1/2 Stirling District v Seaford - Seafood are just eww and Stirling are much more deserving! Go Stirling!
U17 Fulham United v Adelaide Uni - Again just dont want Adelaide "Pre-Printed T-Shirts" Uni to win!
Prem/State Adelaide Olympic v Adelaide City - Gooooooooo City... 3 Time Cup Winners? I hope so!!!!

I love FFSA Cup Final Day... Just the electricity in the air and the happiness and tears is just so exciting yay!!

Let's hope they keep the bar open all day this time otherwise I have no choice but to bring my own beverages in.. Frisk me now security - bow chicka wow wow!!! :lol:

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

Both prems clubs needing to salvage their seasons by winning something
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Super_Trooper wrote:U13 Adelaide Blue Eagles v Fulham United - Go little Fulham they are so cute!
Div 3/4/5 Para Hills United v NAB - Just dont want Para Hills United to win!
PM U15 Campbelltown City v Adelaide City - Goooooo City!!
Div 1/2 Stirling District v Seaford - Seafood are just eww and Stirling are much more deserving! Go Stirling!
U17 Fulham United v Adelaide Uni - Again just dont want Adelaide "Pre-Printed T-Shirts" Uni to win!
Prem/State Adelaide Olympic v Adelaide City - Gooooooooo City... 3 Time Cup Winners? I hope so!!!!

I love FFSA Cup Final Day... Just the electricity in the air and the happiness and tears is just so exciting yay!!

Let's hope they keep the bar open all day this time otherwise I have no choice but to bring my own beverages in.. Frisk me now security - bow chicka wow wow!!! :lol:

I wonder in the Under 17s game,how many of those girls have played most of the season in that age group ?

Butterfingers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Butterfingers »

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

I wonder in the Under 17s game,how many of those girls have played most of the season in that age group ?

FFSA GIRLS’ AND WOMEN’S COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS -Amended and Adopted March 2011

Section 54
(4) Players must play a minimum of 5 games in the relevant league competition to be eligible to play in the respective cup competition Semi-final and Final games. A player may move up and play in the Premier Division Cup Competition semifinal and/or final if they have played a minimum of 5 games within their respective club.

Example
a) To be eligible to play in the Under 17 Cup Semi-Final or Final, a player must have played a minimum of 5 league games in the Under 17 League.

b) A player that has played for the Under 17 Team or Open Division team is eligible to play for the Premier Division Team in the semi-final and/or final if they have played a minimum of 5 games within the club.

You would think that as teams need to submit their team sheets to the FFSA prior to the Cup Final for printing that these would be checked for eligibility however the onus is the team to ensure all their players have met the criteria to play...

Like I've said once before - Just because the player was on the team sheet doesn't mean they actually played....

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

Super_Trooper wrote:

FFSA GIRLS’ AND WOMEN’S COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS -Amended and Adopted March 2011

Section 54
(4) Players must play a minimum of 5 games in the relevant league competition to be eligible to play in the respective cup competition Semi-final and Final games. A player may move up and play in the Premier Division Cup Competition semifinal and/or final if they have played a minimum of 5 games within their respective club.

Example
a) To be eligible to play in the Under 17 Cup Semi-Final or Final, a player must have played a minimum of 5 league games in the Under 17 League.

b) A player that has played for the Under 17 Team or Open Division team is eligible to play for the Premier Division Team in the semi-final and/or final if they have played a minimum of 5 games within the club.

You would think that as teams need to submit their team sheets to the FFSA prior to the Cup Final for printing that these would be checked for eligibility however the onus is the team to ensure all their players have met the criteria to play...

Like I've said once before - Just because the player was on the team sheet doesn't mean they actually played....
Your last comment says it all,someone could have on the team sheet 5 times and not even been there, played higher up ?

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

11:00 AM Div 3/4/5 Para Hills United v NAB - would love to see NAB win, but doubt it'll happen

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Leppskiii wrote:Both prems clubs needing to salvage their seasons by winning something
Personally I don't agree as they made equal second in the league and the cup final, and that's a pretty good result IMO :) .

Olympic started as the "best team on paper" and they still are. Look at their lineup the last few games, they are so impressive!
A. City are still a hard team to beat though, even if they dropped some games lately...but IMO Olympic are hot favs and they really don't want to lose! The only thing is if they are a bit nervous with the big game in front of them...a final it's always a big deal and A.City are experts in that sort of games. Hopefully it will be a good game :D

southern
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by southern »

A.City will need a great performance if they want to survive...Olympic have the best players and I think are fav too and they go in the final with the best recent form. But agree that nerves can play a part in these games and with people expecting them to win, pressure is on them. A.City will need to stay calm and use their experience to punish possible mistakes...It will be an interesting game, definitely one to watch!

Bagman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Bagman »

Caretaker Coach wrote:
Super_Trooper wrote:

Section 54

Example

Your last comment says it all,someone could have on the team sheet 5 times and not even been there, played higher up ?
Happens year after year after year .... 'Rules are Rules' !!
Cant get on a high horse about this unless you've never bent a rule in your life .

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

Disagree, for the talent you keep taking about in the Olympic squad and why they had to start with 'on paper' the league should have been won and also the cup, remember no-one stood a chance against the almighty blue and white!
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

Adelaide City GK (Hayley T.) broke her fibula at training on Tuesday night. Had surgery last night to put some screws in therefore will not be playing in Cup Finals this Sunday..

This is not a rumour

Absolutely heart breaking because I've seen the hard work she has put in at training all year and to have something like this the week leading up to cup finals is just horrible

All the best recovery to Hayley and hope to see you out on the pitch again soon xxxxx

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Now Olympic are really laughing!
Everything seems to go their way...
How can they not win the cup!? :shock:

btw good luck to the AC GK for a speedy recovery!

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Really unfortunate. Best wishes to hayley for a quick recovery. :(

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

its a bit weird how stirling forfeited there div 1 game last week

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

John Cena - Stirling Div 1 win 3-0 over Adelaide Hills on the weekend...

Seaford forfeited against Toros becauase and this is directly from one of their starting 11 players 'winning or losing against Toros wasn't going to change their position on the ladder (2nd) so they might as well have a week off before cup finals'

I wasn't impressed at all to say the least.... Wish they bloody got fined by the FFSA or something - ridiculous!

BLACK SWAN
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BLACK SWAN »

sad news super trooper. all the best for hayley's recovery. sundays game will be very interesting....looking forward to it.

Bagman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Bagman »

Super_Trooper wrote:

Section 54

Example

AND THIS ??? From a Parent ...
I have heard rumours that the team our girls will face on Sunday may drop a large number of senior players down for the game.

The federation rules state that “a maximum of three players may move up or down in any one given game”
If this applies to "any" game – surely it applies to the cup final (there is certainly nothing in the “additional cup competition rules” that states that it doesn’t apply.)

I have two questions.
1) Does the rule that a maximum of 3 players may move down apply? – and if not why not?
2) How many senior games does a player need to have played to be considered a senior player? (and hence one of the three moving down)

Can I get some answers ?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Unfortunately, if you read carefully, it's three up three down within the seniors, and three up three down within the juniors.. Between the two is not covered and therefore you could interpret that to mean that age eligible juniors have free movement without restrictions as to numbers moving down or up. In fact I think the rule states specifically that juniors have free movement. Therefore the club is operating within the rules.

The team you will play on Sunday will have 8 or 9 players who have played a majority of the season in state league. They have all made the 5 game minimum.

This has been done to death on the forum( see previous threads). I think we should all just move on and hope the loophole is closed for next year.

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

Super_Trooper wrote:Adelaide City GK (Hayley T.) broke her fibula at training on Tuesday night. Had surgery last night to put some screws in therefore will not be playing in Cup Finals this Sunday..

All the best recovery to Hayley and hope to see you out on the pitch again soon xxxxx
Seconded; speedy recovery Hayley
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta

killa11
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by killa11 »

Go PARA HILLS UTD.
I know most wanna see them loose but at the end of the day its not the players fault they were put in a low division. They have all worked hard and deserve to be there as much as any other player who plays today.

Go SEAFORD.
U girls can sooo win this. You've had a top season and deserve something from it.

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

U13 result

Adelaide Blue Eagles 1-0 Fulham United AET

Well done girls!! :D
Occasionally available in blue

ARodgers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ARodgers »

Easy Tiger wrote:Now Olympic are really laughing!
Everything seems to go their way...
How can they not win the cup!? :shock:

btw good luck to the AC GK for a speedy recovery!
Best of luck to Hayley and I hope she makes a full recovery ASAP, but Chanel is a quality young keeper. She has plenty of prems experience and would be a walk up starter just about any other team in the state. City will be fine in goals!

smarty9
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by smarty9 »

Congratulations to the u15 campbelltown girls 2-1 adel city.

well derserved top of the ladder and now the cup.

CANARIES
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CANARIES »

I hear there's no shortage of car washing rags down Adelaide Uni way. Congratulations to Fulham u17s. One for the underdog today.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

CANARIES wrote:I hear there's no shortage of car washing rags down Adelaide Uni way. Congratulations to Fulham u17s. One for the underdog today.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no idea
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by no idea »

what was the scorein the U/17s and also the Prem cup

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

17's 4-3 Fulham
Prems 4-2 Olympic (last I heard, may not be final score)