FFSA Girls and Womens Cup Finals

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

no idea
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: FFSA Girls and Womens Cup Finals

Post by no idea »

Thanks magnet

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

themagnet wrote:17's 4-3 Fulham
Prems 4-2 Olympic (last I heard, may not be final score)
finished 4-2. congratulations to Olympic...

paulscholesisthebest
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by paulscholesisthebest »

Well done Olympic and Fulham and all the cup winners. Wonder what Ad Uni are going to do with their U17 Cup Winners 2011 shirts? :?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

The fulham girls played a cracker and deserved the win. To be fair The uni girls played their hearts out- those young girls just play the game, they don't print the shirts- the adults do. So let's all just celebrate a great cup finals day- all the games were well contested (save the 10-1 PH united win in which the ph coach did cartwheels on the sideline). There was a bigger crowd than ever and the games were fun to watch.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Bagman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Bagman »

juniorsupporter wrote:The fulham girls played a cracker and deserved the win. To be fair The uni girls played their hearts out- those young girls just play the game, they don't print the shirts- the adults do. So let's all just celebrate a great cup finals day- all the games were well contested (save the 10-1 PH united win in which the ph coach did cartwheels on the sideline). There was a bigger crowd than ever and the games were fun to watch.
Fully agree , a great day of quality football !
No wonder the Ladies game is growing at such a rate .
Well played by all and a credit to all girls and ladies involved.

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

Congratulations to all teams yesterday...

Missed the first two games but not surprised about the Para Hills coaches antics after what we have heard on here about him this season..

U15 game was brilliant and great to see so much skill from developing young ladies.. Game could have gone either way.. Bit concerning how many players went down and had to be carried off by trainers (stretchers?)... Both teams should be proud of how they played and congrats to Campbelltown

Div 1 - Wow... I know I play in the division but I've never seen more tackle, shove, boot.. tackle, shove, boot... Certainly not the game Stirling have played all year and didn't expect much more from Seafood - how about that chick who had the ball smacked square into her face BAM and she shakes it off and keeps going - insane!! Congrats to Stirling Division 1 Cup & League Winners

U17 - Again awesome to some great development coming through.. Both teams were amazing and it's awesome to see this coming through - another great cup game with all the excitement and emotion you'd expect!! Like the u15 it could have gone either way but Congrats to Fulham for holding on.... Anyone else notice that many of the Fulham U17 also were on the U13 team sheet?!?!

Olympic vs City - First half was exciting.. Early goals, Penalties and a red card to Olympic GK (what was she thinking!!)... Second half was boring as!!! With City having 1 player up and Despite Olympics defensive flooding City only managed to have 3-4 shots on goal.. Not the City I know and Olympic deserved the win in the end.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

juniorsupporter wrote:The fulham girls played a cracker and deserved the win. To be fair The uni girls played their hearts out- those young girls just play the game, they don't print the shirts- the adults do. So let's all just celebrate a great cup finals day- all the games were well contested (save the 10-1 PH united win in which the ph coach did cartwheels on the sideline) (the pre-prepared goal celebrations left a bit of a sour taste too). There was a bigger crowd than ever and the games were fun to watch.
Fully agree, a great day, good football, a very vocal crowd, and good to see so many clubs represented. Everyone who made it on the pitch should be very proud of themselves, and congrats to all the winning teams.

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

excellent effort from ccsc u15s , done the club so proud . excellent work all year .

Super Nala
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Super Nala »

Well done to both Adelaide City & Cambelltown U15 teams. It was a pleasure to watch. Both teams playing a very high standard of football. With young teams like this, the future of womens football in SA is looking good. It is unfortante that there has to be a winner & a loser as both teams desevered to be winners.

All girls gave 110% and I would think that there would be a few sore bodies today. I wish a speed recovery to the Campbelltown player that was taken to hospital.

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

[quote="Super_Trooper"]Congratulations to all teams yesterday...

Missed the first two games but not surprised about the Para Hills coaches antics after what we have heard on here about him this season..

U15 game was brilliant and great to see so much skill from developing young ladies.. Game could have gone either way.. Bit concerning how many players went down and had to be carried off by trainers (stretchers?)... Both teams should be proud of how they played and congrats to Campbelltown

Div 1 - Wow... I know I play in the division but I've never seen more tackle, shove, boot.. tackle, shove, boot... Certainly not the game Stirling have played all year and didn't expect much more from Seafood - how about that chick who had the ball smacked square into her face BAM and she shakes it off and keeps going - insane!! Congrats to Stirling Division 1 Cup & League Winners

U17 - Again awesome to some great development coming through.. Both teams were amazing and it's awesome to see this coming through - another great cup game with all the excitement and emotion you'd expect!! Like the u15 it could have gone either way but Congrats to Fulham for holding on.... Anyone else notice that many of the Fulham U17 also were on the U13 team sheet?!?!

I dont understand your point, are you saying that the Adelaide Uni team, even with some of its State league players (allegedly ),couldnt beat Fulhams combined Under 17s +Under 13s ?

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Caretaker Coach wrote:
Super_Trooper wrote:Congratulations to all teams yesterday...

I dont understand your point, are you saying that the Adelaide Uni team, even with some of its State league players (allegedly ),couldnt beat Fulhams combined Under 17s +Under 13s ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure if you're serious CC. ST is just pointing out that both the Fulham team lists in the booklet for the day were the same, and ended up being the u/17's list, which meant the U/13's team didn't get their names in the book. Maybe a little disapointing for the kids, maybe FFSA could reprint a few and send them up to the club, these sorts of things are nice to keep as momento's

all rounder
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by all rounder »

Super_Trooper wrote:Congratulations to all teams yesterday...

Olympic vs City - First half was exciting.. Early goals, Penalties and a red card to Olympic GK (what was she thinking!!)... Second half was boring as!!! With City having 1 player up and Despite Olympics defensive flooding City only managed to have 3-4 shots on goal.. Not the City I know and Olympic deserved the win in the end.
For all the controversy of the first half, I thought the game was one of the most boring games I've ever watched. The u/17s game was much more exciting.
Katherine Ebbs was about the only player I actually enjoyed watching. Most players looked flat and like they didn't even want be there (and you couldn't hear a word of talking/yelling from the pitch). I would have to say, in my opinion, Katherine seemed like the only one who wanted to be there 100% of the game. She played half the game as practically a lone striker, and ran her butt off all game, going for everything and most of the time was all over the City defenders making them look stupid.
At half time, the game was City's to win (even though they were down a goal) - with Olympic a player down and a defender in goals, I was surprised City weren't just taking shots from outside the box. At times it seemed as though they were trying to dribble it in. Olympic playing extremely defensive in second half (for obvious reasons) but don't know why City were not even testing the 'keeper' out.

Although I did say most people looked flat, the young left back for Olympic (#12) had a great second half. I think she may have been subbed on (not sure about that though), but she did a fantastic job tracking City's wide player, and if she was beaten, she got back and recovered well.

And Zoe, the defender that got subbed to make way for the replacement keeper, bad luck mate. Always sucks when that sort of stuff happens, but the team needed to do it. I hope the win makes up for it! :)

Well done to Olympic.

all rounder
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by all rounder »

juniorsupporter wrote:The fulham girls played a cracker and deserved the win. To be fair The uni girls played their hearts out- those young girls just play the game, they don't print the shirts- the adults do. So let's all just celebrate a great cup finals day- all the games were well contested (save the 10-1 PH united win in which the ph coach did cartwheels on the sideline). There was a bigger crowd than ever and the games were fun to watch.

Great work Fulham girls. I thought the Uni girls had it in the bag when they went up 3-2, but Fulham showed great heart and fight to come back and win it.

Uni had some fantastic players, #14, #15 and #6 had great games. The CF, was it #15 or #14 (I can't remember) was great on the ball, turning defenders inside out - was really impressed with her touches, turns and vision.

Well played to all the u/17s girls

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

on the prems match:
First half was interesting - plenty of talking points. Both teams played well for the most part, Olympic were probably slightly better, especially when it came to converting chances into goals, which is important. Didn't have the best view of the sending off but seemed right - keeper had to do it. It sent us into half time in an interesting position: Adelaide city were down by a goal, but were in such a position where they could only lose the match for themselves...the red card left olympic without a real keeper and without a player on the park - it was like a double red card, seeing as they didn't have a proper reserve keeper.

second half was dullish, but an interesting tactical battle which olympic won. They defended very deep and stopped city making scoring opportunities. City got it all wrong by continuing to go at olympic head on, right down the middle, when time and time again it failed because of olympics superior defence. When city took the other option, going down the wing and crossing balls into the box, they looked slightly more dangerous, but they only did this once or twice. Without a proper goalkeeper, all city really needed to do was apply pressure and take shots. even if five shots went off target, it was very likely that one or two would've troubled the inexperienced keeper. But city couldn't find anywhere to make a shot, even though they had an extra girl on the biggest pitch they played on all season. credit to Olympics sub goalie for handling the very few chances that came her way with comfort.

the crazy linesman decision in the end spoiled it a bit. i am honestly baffled as to what the linesman thought happened to the ball - the city player crossed it in, there was only an olympic player in it's flight path, and the ball changed directions entirely after blatantly hitting the defender and going out for a corner. the decision led to a goal, but it was irrelevant - 4th goal and dodgy decision or not, olympic were deserved winners.

grandparent
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grandparent »

Agree about the linesman in the second half I don't know where that call came from as everyone in the stands could see the deviation and Eduordo went off his face but unfortunately that didn't make any difference to the final result even though Olympic got another goal on the turn over. Noticed that the security man ran on to the pitch staright towards the linesman who made the wrong call after the final whistle.

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

yeah what a dickbrain, as if anyone cared enough to attack her

RobbieEarnshaw
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RobbieEarnshaw »

the linesman was on her way to call the corner... moving over to the flag and all, when the ref pointed straight away to a goal kick. The linesman just went along with it.