NUGGET!!!

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Re: NUGGET!!!

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Stitch This wrote:He's not taking it too well, is he.
Im taking it just fine Stitch as I've said many times before the better Team on the Day Won...
Its that Simple!
As for the DOWNS SAASL CLUB Celibrating 50 Years I think it's a Joke, it's like the POWER Celibrating being 150 Years Old in a few Years...

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
Im taking it just fine Stitch as I've said many times before the better Team on the Day Won...
Its that Simple!
As for the DOWNS SAASL CLUB Celibrating 50 Years I think it's a Joke, it's like the POWER Celibrating being 150 Years Old in a few Years...
The Elizabeth Downs Soccer Club, founded by Sid Goode and Hughie Ross are Celebrating 50 years NUGGETT....you, however, can celibate all you want :)
You're the only one saying that the Downs SAASL team is 50 Years old KN !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Cobweb Rides Again
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cobweb Rides Again »

Add McKenna to that list of juniors for the Downs.....

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

swannsong wrote: The Elizabeth Downs Soccer Club, founded by Sid Goode and Hughie Ross are Celebrating 50 years NUGGETT....you, however, can celibate all you want :)

50 Years what a load of sh*t it was your Junior Soccer Club formed 50 Years ago by Sid Goode and Hughie Ross swannsong but you blokes just hop on there coat tails your Club was formed 41 Years ago but don't let the facts get in the way of good story, who gives a FK anyway certainly not I !!!

It just make me laugh when you blokes say forget History & make up your own when it suits you.

Est.1966

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
swannsong wrote: The Elizabeth Downs Soccer Club, founded by Sid Goode and Hughie Ross are Celebrating 50 years NUGGETT....you, however, can celibate all you want :)

50 Years what a load of sh*t it was your Junior Soccer Club formed 50 Years ago by Sid Goode and Hughie Ross swannsong but you blokes just hop on there coat tails your Club was formed 41 Years ago but don't let the facts get in the way of good story, who gives a FK anyway certainly not I !!!

It just make me laugh when you blokes say forget History & make up your own when it suits you.

Does it really matter? They started as a club 50 years ago. The fact that they added a senior team doesn't change that they are still Elizabeth Downs. What about when they added a Women's team? They still trade under the same name so I think your clutching at straws here

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
Its that Simple!
What's the issue??? It's the club celebrating the anniversary not the team
Same as port Adelaide football club was founded in 1870 in which it played in the Sanfl. It's then the club obtained an afl licence . Still known as port Adelaide football club but known as port power.
It's actually the sanfl team that had to change its business name to port Adelaide magpies football club

geezer
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geezer »

KING NUGGETT wrote:

Shiff Stit Nuggy just dry your eyes & get on with it my oid china :P

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

bloodypassit wrote:
What's the issue???
The issue is I'm having a bit of fun winding up the Old Enemy, so mind your own shiraz buissines ring stinger...

Est.1966

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
What's the issue???
The issue is I'm having a bit of fun winding up the Old Enemy, so mind your own shiraz buissines ring stinger...
Wouldn't the old enemy be Salisbury inter since that has been a rivalry since both clubs inception as where the rivalry between parafield gardens and Elizabeth downs is a very new one ???

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
What's the issue???
Ah........the old "fishing" answer to get you out of jail.
Truth is, you're still sooking bout the result yesterday

harden the f@ck up
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

geezer
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geezer »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
What's the issue???

GOLD :lol: :lol: :lol:

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

[Ah........the old "fishing" answer to get you out of jail.

harden the f@ck up[/quote]

Aint that the truth, just trying to deflect away from the parafeltcher crap attempt at winning a game with 1 extra man.....lick away biffs
2 WHAT
2 NIL
10 MEN
HARDEN THE F**K UP
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

geezer
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geezer »

Big G wrote:
swannsong wrote:Think you will find that Downs Seniors were an expansion of the Junior Club, somewhere for the Juniors to play once they were too old for E&D....one in, all in.
How many EDSC juniors are playing in the first team this year?

4 out of Sundays starting 11 mate, what about the Farmers ?

keegan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by keegan »

legga wrote:[Ah........the old "fishing" answer to get you out of jail.

harden the f@ck up
Aint that the truth, just trying to deflect away from the parafeltcher crap attempt at winning a game with 1 extra man.....lick away biffs
2 WHAT
2 NIL
10 MEN
HARDEN THE F**K UP
[/quote]

been there done that, last season at argoona park, gardens down to 10 men 1st half, at full time score gardens 2 downs 0

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Have Your Day in the Sun legga but remember to put on the sun screen because you blokes haven't seen sun for quite a few years, you'll burn like the b*tches you are :wink:

Est.1966

HailHail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HailHail »

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed the banter and the atmosphere as a neutral supporter. Downs deserved to win but in truth were lucky to win 2-0. The hardest thing for the downs will be holding a lead at the top, something the group won't be used to. 2 or 3 mediocre games and it's on. Being a good winner is just as important as being gallant in defeat. The return game will be a belter, and I bet there are 25 or so very sore blokes who gave 110% on Sunday. I thought the ref was brilliant all day and kept the game in his control. All the best to both groups. Also gardens BBQ was a wee belter ;)
"AND THEY GAVE US JAMES McGRORY AND PAUL McSTAY, THEY GAVE US JOHNSTONE, TULLEY, MURDOCH, AULD AND HAY, AND MOST OF THE FOOTBALL GREATS HAVE PASSED THROUGH PARKHEAD'S GATES, FOR TO PLAY FOOTBALL THE GLASGOW CELTIC WAY"

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

geezer wrote:
Big G wrote:
swannsong wrote:Think you will find that Downs Seniors were an expansion of the Junior Club, somewhere for the Juniors to play once they were too old for E&D....one in, all in.

There are 3 in our first team squad who come from the Juniors that I know of. We would have about 25 players playing at the club who have come from the IFJSC

We are though completely seperate clubs. We have in the last few years, tried to have closer ties with each other.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Have to add that Nuggett was very gracious in defeat and as one of the first he sought out after the game to congratulate I commented that it takes a big man to do what he did and for that I have utmost respect - good on you pal.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

KING NUGGETT wrote:Have Your Day in the Sun legga but remember to put on the sun screen because you blokes haven't seen sun for quite a few years, you'll burn like the b*tches you are :wink:
And the parafeltchers can climb back under the rock they came from like the slugs they are.... :shock: :shock:
2 WHAT
2 NIL
10 MEN
AT YOUR GROUND...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HARDEN THE F**K UP

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

HailHail wrote:I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed the banter and the atmosphere as a neutral supporter. Downs deserved to win but in truth were lucky to win 2-0. The hardest thing for the downs will be holding a lead at the top, something the group won't be used to. 2 or 3 mediocre games and it's on. Being a good winner is just as important as being gallant in defeat. The return game will be a belter, and I bet there are 25 or so very sore blokes who gave 110% on Sunday. I thought the ref was brilliant all day and kept the game in his control. All the best to both groups. Also gardens BBQ was a wee belter ;)
:? So did the Downs deserve to win or were they lucky :?:
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

BANYA wrote:
HailHail wrote:I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed the banter and the atmosphere as a neutral supporter. Downs deserved to win but in truth were lucky to win 2-0. The hardest thing for the downs will be holding a lead at the top, something the group won't be used to. 2 or 3 mediocre games and it's on. Being a good winner is just as important as being gallant in defeat. The return game will be a belter, and I bet there are 25 or so very sore blokes who gave 110% on Sunday. I thought the ref was brilliant all day and kept the game in his control. All the best to both groups. Also gardens BBQ was a wee belter ;)
Gardens unlucky not to score ... Mongs played well !
Every Rat has his day !!

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

Rodent wrote:
BANYA wrote:
Gardens unlucky not to score ... Mongs played well !
I cant see him write that either. I'm used to people contradicting themselves on here but in the same sentence... must be some kinda record.
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

Lost User
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost User »

geezer wrote:
Big G wrote:

Better question is how many played at Para Hills Feds at some point?

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

4 out of Sundays starting 11 mate, what about the Farmers ?[/quote]

Better question is how many played at Para Hills Feds at some point?[/quote]

Welcome to Footballnews :roll:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Haha, last year we had a starting line up where all 11 had played at some level at Para Hills.

From Sundays game just gone, there were 6.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

swannsong wrote: The Elizabeth Downs Soccer Club, founded by Sid Goode and Hughie Ross are Celebrating 50 years
Swannsong it appears even the E&D haven't recognized the Downs 50years.... They failed to include them on the front cover of this years E&D yearbook ...!! :shock:
Every Rat has his day !!

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Rodent wrote:
swannsong wrote: The Elizabeth Downs Soccer Club, founded by Sid Goode and Hughie Ross are Celebrating 50 years
Swannsong it appears even the E&D haven't recognized the Downs 50years.... They failed to include them on the front cover of this years E&D yearbook ...!! :shock:
waa waa who cares, you seemed to be so concerned about what we are up to, what didnt get enough of us sunday....waa waa waa
2 WHAT
2 NIL
10 MEN
YOUR HOME GROUND, YOU LOST
HARDEN THE F**K UP
13 POINTS BEHIND

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Rodent wrote:
Yearbooks don't always aknowledge everything or everyone !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

YOUR THE ONLY ONE WHO NEEDS TO HARDEN THE FK UP Whittle legga!
IT'S YOUR 1ST WIN AGAINST THE GARDENS IN 6 ATTEMPS CHUCK IN A 5 NIL CUP SEMI FINAL DRUBBING & OUR 2 NIL, 10 MEN WIN LAST YEAR & ARGANA, NOT TO MENTION BACK TO BACK LEAGUE & CUP
WE ARE STILL MILES AHEAD YA PEANUT.

I have to say that besides the result on Sunday, it was a Fantasic Day with a Huge Downs & Gardens Crowd that created a great atmosphere. Not a quarter given or taken by either Team lots of Banter & a few Frothies after the Game. The only problem was my Missus booked us out for dinner so had to leave early after only a couple...

Again congratulations to Motts & the Downs No Excuses they were the better Team on the Day.
We look forward to Round 18 & hopefully a Cup Semi or Final against the Downs would be Massive!!!!

COME ON UUUUU GARDENS!!!

Est.1966

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Re the Cup - yes it would be nice to square the ledger for the first team to give your first team a hammering like the Reserve cup final last year.