SAASL offer to FFSA State League clubs

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: SAASL offer to FFSA State League clubs

Post by nachoman »

Rob Lozza wrote:
Der kaiser wrote:The whole corporate governance of football in this state is a joke. The email from the saasl was an embarrassing example of a poor autocratic decision and further highlight s why the saasl needs a complete management overhau l. Unfortunately the ffsa have shown they aren't much better. Carter needs to go and a completely new team needs to come in and unite the saasl under the ffsa, sorting this mess out once and for all. It is what should have happened years ago if the current crop of management weren't so self interested an/or inept.
Offer me the position with appropriate salary package and I will deliver the best managed football competition in the country. GIAE, you can be either the Public Relations or Operations Manager.

:lol:
so leaving the defence industry ?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

nachoman wrote:
Rob Lozza wrote:
Der kaiser wrote:The whole corporate governance of football in this state is a joke. The email from the saasl was an embarrassing example of a poor autocratic decision and further highlight s why the saasl needs a complete management overhau l. Unfortunately the ffsa have shown they aren't much better. Carter needs to go and a completely new team needs to come in and unite the saasl under the ffsa, sorting this mess out once and for all. It is what should have happened years ago if the current crop of management weren't so self interested an/or inept.
Offer me the position with appropriate salary package and I will deliver the best managed football competition in the country. GIAE, you can be either the Public Relations or Operations Manager.

He always was a cabernet defender.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

but a decent ref

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

nachoman wrote:but a decent ref
Not bad, you know where you stand with him at least. He once admitted to me during a game that he got a decision wrong.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

make a good coach too i reckon
although will take something to beat Lenny

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

nachoman wrote:
Rob Lozza wrote:

No even the defence industry is more organised than football......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

nachoman wrote:make a good coach too i reckon
although will take something to beat Lenny
Been coached by them both, I consider them both mates so I'll stay quiet on that one. If you look through some posts you can work it out though.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

East 17 wrote:
DOC wrote:
DOC wrote: from what i saw of jets this weekend gone it wont affect them much :lol:
you obviously dont understand the rivalry of the 2 clubs

i havent given an opinion on it really, ive said many times wait and see who comes across, if any actually do, plus we dont actually know what ffa will do
Rivalry- Jets and Vista- fair enough- news to me. :?

From what I saw on the weekend I can only see the Jets getting more and more wins. I'll be surprised if they don't finish top two.
news to me also, but then again, I'm new to the club. :P

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I think it is important to note a few points about this offer before everyone jumps the gun. Probably a bit late for that :lol:

At least 4 FFSA clubs have contacted the SAASL about what would happen if they jumped associations. The SAASL haven't approached these clubs but rather were approached. What the SAASL are trying to do is find a way in which they maybe accomodated into the SAASL if they were to join. As some have said on here, nothing has been set in stone simply because it is an unknown. 1, 2, 3 or 10 clubs may join the SAASL or maybe even 0. What the SAASL are trying to do is provide information to the clubs about what might be considered.

I agree that I would be pissed if my club was relegated on not promoted to enable these clubs to join. The SAASL is very aware of this and I'm sure they wont upset long standing clubs within its own assocation. In saying that, if they have the ability to further strengthen the Saturday league then it should be looked at. These clubs may choose to go to the Sunday league so don't think its just about the Saturday league either.

I've said for a long while that the Sat & Sun Premier Leagues should be 12 team comps with these clubs entereing the Cup in Round 2. It allows more players and clubs the opportunity to play in the highest amateur level.

The one thing I will commend the SAASL is been prepared for what may happen over the summer. At least they've laid some sort of ground work if clubs were to move. We've all had a pop at them before for either been slow or unprepared, this doesn't seem the case now.

The FFSA might be a little upset about the SAASL's offer to federation clubs but at least they have it out in the open. As previously stated, the FFSA was ringing SAASL in the summer to see if they would cross over.

The fightining doesn't have to stop but it sure would be nice if it did.

Adolt Hıtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolt Hıtler »

Chips wrote:They should be playing off at least div 2 promoted teams to determine strength.
They should be starting off at the bottom like most non usc lion/port pirie clubs do.
If this username offends you does Saloth Sar. At least that is the name of someone that exists.

Adolt Hıtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolt Hıtler »

DOC wrote:
web wrote:A good example would be Port Pirie going directly into sunday div 2 , they where then relegated.
Technically they merged with USC lion then just changed name, colours and ground, allowing USC to move to Saturday comps
What a load of crap!
Furthermore it doesn't explain why usc dictate what division they want to play in on saturdays.
If this username offends you does Saloth Sar. At least that is the name of someone that exists.

brutus01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by brutus01 »

Heard there was statement being sent to the saasl clubs, has anyone received anything yet?

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

brutus01 wrote:Heard there was statement being sent to the saasl clubs, has anyone received anything yet?
When did you send it? :wink: :D

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wraith wrote:
brutus01 wrote:Heard there was statement being sent to the saasl clubs, has anyone received anything yet?

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Woohafkaf Car wrote:
DOC wrote:
web wrote:A good example would be Port Pirie going directly into sunday div 2 , they where then relegated.
Technically they merged with USC lion then just changed name, colours and ground, allowing USC to move to Saturday comps
What a load of crap!
Furthermore it doesn't explain why usc dictate what division they want to play in on saturdays.
Perie merged with USC following their relegation and Perie being cut from Feds, USC then decided to move to Saturdays while the Perie contingent wanted to play Sundays(i would assume), USC starting higher in sat divs is dodgy, but nothing wrong with what happened in Sunday div 2
ImageImage

brutus01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by brutus01 »

Wraith wrote:
sorry to disappoint you, but was speaking to someone from Grange last night and he said that there was a response being put out.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

brutus01 wrote:
Wraith wrote:
sorry to disappoint you, but was speaking to someone from Grange last night and he said that there was a response being put out.
My mate lives in grange, he knows nothing about it.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

SAASL response is on the web site. Looks like they've had to do some public damage control (because of this post?).
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Swannsong's Rejects
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Swannsong's Rejects »

DOC wrote:
Woohafkaf Car wrote:
DOC wrote:Technically they merged with USC lion then just changed name, colours and ground, allowing USC to move to Saturday comps
What a load of crap!
Perie merged with USC following their relegation and Perie being cut from Feds, USC then decided to move to Saturdays while the Perie contingent wanted to play Sundays(i would assume), USC starting higher in sat divs is dodgy, but nothing wrong with what happened in Sunday div 2
You've been conned if you believe that.
Twenty years from now out cold on salty canvas

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

otto62 wrote:SAASL response is on the web site. Looks like they've had to do some public damage control (because of this post?).
brutus01 quick off the mark.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

THE SAASL WORKING WITH THE FFSA
June 1, 2012

The SAASL, along with the EDJSA, welcomed and accepted the invitation by the FFSA to be involved in the 4 key initiatives for Football and is working towards providing the information required. In the same spirit of cooperation, we look forward to communicating and working with the FFSA for the benefit of all Football in SA.

Furthermore, it is correct that the SAASL has been invited to meet with the FFSA to discuss the matter of affiliation.
We will be meeting with the FFSA at a mutually agreeable time in the very near future.

The SAASL Management Committee will consider any affiliation proposal and, as was the process in 2007, will consult with our member Clubs in due course. The SAASL Management Committee can not make any decision regarding affiliation with the FFSA without the due process and diligence required, which includes consulting with the SAASL member Clubs, who will exercise their Constitutional rights in making the final decision in this matter.

The SAASL would also like to clarify its position on several matters in response to an email sent to the FFSA State League Clubs. This communication was not meant for general publication, nor was it meant to interpreted as a criticism of the FFSA structure or its Management.

The SAASL continues to recognise the FFSA as the body responsible for the semi-professional Mens football competition in SA and in no way wishes to diminish that, however, the SAASL has only responded to the concerns raised directly both by several State League and senior Amateur Clubs regarding our position should the State League clubs wish to join, or re-join, the SAASL competition.

Over recent years the FFSA, without reference to the SAASL Management Committee, has had many discussions with numerous SAASL Clubs in an attempt to recruit clubs to the State League.

It is unfortunate that we have been criticised for communicating with current State League Clubs, when the SAASL has maintained the lines of communication with all FFSA clubs in many matters, including player registrations and transfers, and will continue to do so in the future.

Since 1965 our charter has been to provide a low cost well managed amateur football competition for community based Clubs and associations. It would have been remiss of us not to engage with the State League Clubs, some being former members of the SAASL, letting them know what we could provide should they need to consider an alternative.

We welcome the decision by the FFSA to reopen the lines of communication with the SAASL and look forward to a new chapter in the relationship between the two bodies and for further discussions to be both positive and productive on all football matters, both now and into the future.

Alex Cichanowski
General Secretary
SA Amateur Soccer League Inc.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Cruie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cruie »

swannsong wrote:This communication was not meant for general publication