Sunday Results - Round 17

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Sunday Results - Round 17

Post by 4-4-2 »

Ball Boy

I think Ingle Farm should do everything they can to get the points because if the game gets replayed with a decent ref they will lose. Purely a view of all the Pontians

If you lot didn't act like a bunch of Neanderthals you would have lost on the day. You are a muppet!

PONTIAN
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by PONTIAN »

If you lot didn't act like a bunch of Neanderthals you would have lost on the day. You are a muppet![/quote]

just stirring you up mate. :lol: hope we do get to play you guys again

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

PONTIAN wrote:If you lot didn't act like a bunch of Neanderthals you would have lost on the day. You are a muppet!
just stirring you up mate. :lol: hope we do get to play you guys again[/quote]

Sounds like someone got a call from the club telling him to shut up.

I agree, the biggest loser on the day were the players as from all reports, it was set up to be a cracking game.

If the game is to be replayed in 3 weeks, I'd be confident of victory given we'd have 3 players back in who were out with injury. I just can't see the game been replayed though. If we were going to play anyone again, I'd love us to have another crack at Gardens.

As for the B's and the refereeing, I'd say most who have had him would say he's done well. He certainly doesn't play anymore. What exactly were your issues with him? I didn't hear of any complaints or issues.

Also, its sad that this occurred as Pontians reputation was never great but they had made giant leaps forward this season. Certainly offered us the best hospitality of all the clubs this year and the first game we played against them was physical but fair. They've had a great season so far and considering they were 5 mins from relegation last year, its a great turn around and something they as a club should be proud of.

Good luck in the cup against Gardens, I'd say we are all supporting you given that I don't think I could come on here ever again if Nugget got to go on about the Double Double. :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Knowing people from both Pontians and Farm, I say the league should just deduct points from both teams. :D

:wink:
Ignore this signature

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Bomber wrote:Knowing people from both Pontians and Farm, I say the league should just deduct points from both teams. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just about to say at the next Friday lunch I'd shout you but thats gone now :lol:

I'd dock Croydon points for next year based on events between Farm and Pontian. It was probably you who was the neutral :wink:

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

4-4-2 wrote:Was involved with the farm v pontian game. Fantastic start to the game played tough, fair and a great pace. Yes ingle farm player did bring the pontian player down and I have seen these given as a red card. Perhaps it should have been given but it wasn't. You win some, you loose some but over a season things generally even themselves out between the good and bad calls. Pontian keeper had a clear and deliberate handball outside the box and was duly given a red card. Once again seen them given plenty of times before but farm player would have had a bit of work left to finish off the goal, bad decision by the keeper. Was not privvy to the exact comments of the said supporter to the ref. Sick of hearing what if he was a neutral. He was not a neutral and clearly part of the pontian continget there on the day. The pontian marshal who is the club president did not handle the situation well. Instead he aggrovated the situation by dishing a tirade of abuse to the ref. This same marshal acted like a pork chop first time we played pontian this season and is a poor reflection on a club who appeared to have changed for the better. Steve is genuinely a good guy but can be incosistent either way you have to respect the referees decision, harden up and get on with it. The young linesman on the pontian side was visibly shaken by the incident and given the incidents that have occurred this year the president/marshal should have taken a common sense approach and diffused the situation. My view from here is farm should be awarded the points. They were not involved with the incident. Had a clear advantage at 1-1 playing a team down to 10 men after 20mins. Game maynot be replayed for upto 3 weeks depending on pontians cup progression and if played midweek would most likely be at a neutral ground, once again unfair for the farm. League needs to set a precedent here and apparently pontians already on a good behaviour issue from the league due to previous incedents. The loosers out of the whole thing is players and spectators who gave up there time for what should have been a cracking game. Will also state the pontians players are a good bunch of lads and also note the hospitality we received from the pontian club after the first game was top notch! Intersting decision for the league to make
So every team that plays against a team that has a player sent off wins do they???

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

4-4-2 wrote:
Was involved with the farm v pontian game. Fantastic start to the game played tough, fair and a great pace. Yes ingle farm player did bring the pontian player down and I have seen these given as a red card. Perhaps it should have been given but it wasn't. You win some, you loose some but over a season things generally even themselves out between the good and bad calls. Pontian keeper had a clear and deliberate handball outside the box and was duly given a red card. Once again seen them given plenty of times before but farm player would have had a bit of work left to finish off the goal, bad decision by the keeper. Was not privvy to the exact comments of the said supporter to the ref. Sick of hearing what if he was a neutral. He was not a neutral and clearly part of the pontian continget there on the day. The pontian marshal who is the club president did not handle the situation well. Instead he aggrovated the situation by dishing a tirade of abuse to the ref. This same marshal acted like a pork chop first time we played pontian this season and is a poor reflection on a club who appeared to have changed for the better. Steve is genuinely a good guy but can be incosistent either way you have to respect the referees decision, harden up and get on with it. The young linesman on the pontian side was visibly shaken by the incident and given the incidents that have occurred this year the president/marshal should have taken a common sense approach and diffused the situation. My view from here is farm should be awarded the points. They were not involved with the incident. Had a clear advantage at 1-1 playing a team down to 10 men after 20mins. Game maynot be replayed for upto 3 weeks depending on pontians cup progression and if played midweek would most likely be at a neutral ground, once again unfair for the farm. League needs to set a precedent here and apparently pontians already on a good behaviour issue from the league due to previous incedents. The loosers out of the whole thing is players and spectators who gave up there time for what should have been a cracking game. Will also state the pontians players are a good bunch of lads and also note the hospitality we received from the pontian club after the first game was top notch! Intersting decision for the league to make

So every team that plays against a team that has a player sent off wins do they???

No they don't but a betting man would have had his money on the farm? So every d@ck head supporter that supports pontian is suddenly a neutral are they?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Jay Now Hobbling wrote:
Bomber wrote:Knowing people from both Pontians and Farm, I say the league should just deduct points from both teams. :D

I was just about to say at the next Friday lunch I'd shout you but thats gone now :lol:

I'd dock Croydon points for next year based on events between Farm and Pontian. It was probably you who was the neutral :wink:
Have often thought about offering my services as a neutral in case you ever want/need a game called off. :wink:
Ignore this signature

PONTIAN
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by PONTIAN »

[quote][/quote] Sounds like someone got a call from the club telling him to shut up.

Jay no one has told me to shut up mate. Its just some harmless pot stirring. Not at all trying to start computer wars :lol: we all can move on to this week and play the last league game of the season on a high. looking forward to play a full game just like the farm will be I bet.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Bomber wrote:
Jay Now Hobbling wrote:

Have often thought about offering my services as a neutral in case you ever want/need a game called off. :wink:
Your loud mouth, quick wit and ability to drink lots of alcohol makes you the perfect choice! :D

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

4-4-2 wrote:4-4-2 wrote:
Was involved with the farm v pontian game. Fantastic start to the game played tough, fair and a great pace. Yes ingle farm player did bring the pontian player down and I have seen these given as a red card. Perhaps it should have been given but it wasn't. You win some, you loose some but over a season things generally even themselves out between the good and bad calls. Pontian keeper had a clear and deliberate handball outside the box and was duly given a red card. Once again seen them given plenty of times before but farm player would have had a bit of work left to finish off the goal, bad decision by the keeper. Was not privvy to the exact comments of the said supporter to the ref. Sick of hearing what if he was a neutral. He was not a neutral and clearly part of the pontian continget there on the day. The pontian marshal who is the club president did not handle the situation well. Instead he aggrovated the situation by dishing a tirade of abuse to the ref. This same marshal acted like a pork chop first time we played pontian this season and is a poor reflection on a club who appeared to have changed for the better. Steve is genuinely a good guy but can be incosistent either way you have to respect the referees decision, harden up and get on with it. The young linesman on the pontian side was visibly shaken by the incident and given the incidents that have occurred this year the president/marshal should have taken a common sense approach and diffused the situation. My view from here is farm should be awarded the points. They were not involved with the incident. Had a clear advantage at 1-1 playing a team down to 10 men after 20mins. Game maynot be replayed for upto 3 weeks depending on pontians cup progression and if played midweek would most likely be at a neutral ground, once again unfair for the farm. League needs to set a precedent here and apparently pontians already on a good behaviour issue from the league due to previous incedents. The loosers out of the whole thing is players and spectators who gave up there time for what should have been a cracking game. Will also state the pontians players are a good bunch of lads and also note the hospitality we received from the pontian club after the first game was top notch! Intersting decision for the league to make

No they don't but a betting man would have had his money on the farm? So every d@ck head supporter that supports pontian is suddenly a neutral are they?
Why are you calling all Pontian supporters d@ck heads for? When did I say the bloke was a neutral supporter? You have been a member of this forum for 3 years and only 7 posts and all of sudden you come out abusing people. Now if the moderators are like sharky they would be telling you Farm mates to remove you from the forum or it will be closed down for everyone this weekend!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Jay Now Hobbling wrote: Your loud mouth, quick wit and ability to drink lots of alcohol makes you the perfect choice! :D
Just trying to enjoy myself........... :wink:
Ignore this signature

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Why are you calling all Pontian supporters d@ck heads for? When did I say the bloke was a neutral supporter? You have been a member of this forum for 3 years and only 7 posts and all of sudden you come out abusing people. Now if the moderators are like sharky they would be telling you Farm mates to remove you from the forum or it will be closed down for everyone this weekend!

Didn't call every pontian supporter a d@ck head, learn to read! How long I have been a member of this forum or the number of posts I have made is irrelevant. I wouldn't exactly say I have come on to abuse people either. I have given an objective point and also given praise where due, as per my original post. Simply stated the facts as witnessed first hand. 1 pontian supporter and lack of action from marshal/chairman ruined what would have been a good game! Once again you intimate this was the refs fault, open your eyes buddy and you'll soon realise the ref is not to blame here, just the actions of a few individuals. As happens alot the minority have ruined it for the majority! We as clubs should be empowered to act on this shaddow hanging over our game and I am confident pontians will react accordingly to ensure this doesn't happen again. Too many people are looking for the league to act on situations when we can clean our own backyards up first!

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

The annoying thing is, it wasn't the players of Pontians that had the game called off. At the end of the day, it's the players that sometimes bust their holes at training, play hungover, freeze their sack off at training, amongst other things, that are there to play. The protest from the players and the supporters were like chalk and cheese, and it's a shame that a neutral supporter who was there for football, ended up ruining the day for himself and everybody else. No doubt the players weren't happy about the decision, but they were willing to get on with it, so if it's enough for the players to get on with it, you'd have thought it'd be okay for the neutral supporter. Strangely enough, it wasn't, but only the neutral supporter will know the reason why.

On a side note, the chick on 'League Lounge' is not too shabby, so feel free to look her up.
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Judge Judy wrote:The annoying thing is, it wasn't the players of Pontians that had the game called off. At the end of the day, it's the players that sometimes bust their holes at training, play hungover, freeze their sack off at training, amongst other things, that are there to play. The protest from the players and the supporters were like chalk and cheese, and it's a shame that a neutral supporter who was there for football, ended up ruining the day for himself and everybody else. No doubt the players weren't happy about the decision, but they were willing to get on with it, so if it's enough for the players to get on with it, you'd have thought it'd be okay for the neutral supporter. Strangely enough, it wasn't, but only the neutral supporter will know the reason why.

On a side note, the chick on 'League Lounge' is not too shabby, so feel free to look her up.
Good suggestion Judge....

May I also suggest listening to this Stop this fussing and fighting brother :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

4-4-2 wrote:Why are you calling all Pontian supporters d@ck heads for? When did I say the bloke was a neutral supporter? You have been a member of this forum for 3 years and only 7 posts and all of sudden you come out abusing people. Now if the moderators are like sharky they would be telling you Farm mates to remove you from the forum or it will be closed down for everyone this weekend!

Didn't call every pontian supporter a d@ck head, learn to read! How long I have been a member of this forum or the number of posts I have made is irrelevant. I wouldn't exactly say I have come on to abuse people either. I have given an objective point and also given praise where due, as per my original post. Simply stated the facts as witnessed first hand. 1 pontian supporter and lack of action from marshal/chairman ruined what would have been a good game! Once again you intimate this was the refs fault, open your eyes buddy and you'll soon realise the ref is not to blame here, just the actions of a few individuals. As happens alot the minority have ruined it for the majority! We as clubs should be empowered to act on this shaddow hanging over our game and I am confident pontians will react accordingly to ensure this doesn't happen again. Too many people are looking for the league to act on situations when we can clean our own backyards up first!
Again the majority of your comments I agree with and Im sure the club will try their best to make sure there are measures in place to try to stop spectators making abusive comments towards players and referees

As for you first three sentences well everyone interprets words differently dont they!

And your right swanny but the players here have busted their guts since december and Im sure finishing second is something of an achievement, well for the Pontians anyway.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Karmann Ghia wrote:
4-4-2 wrote:Why are you calling all Pontian supporters d@ck heads for? When did I say the bloke was a neutral supporter? You have been a member of this forum for 3 years and only 7 posts and all of sudden you come out abusing people. Now if the moderators are like sharky they would be telling you Farm mates to remove you from the forum or it will be closed down for everyone this weekend!

Again the majority of your comments I agree with and Im sure the club will try their best to make sure there are measures in place to try to stop spectators making abusive comments towards players and referees

As for you first three sentences well everyone interprets words differently dont they!

And your right swanny but the players here have busted their guts since december and Im sure finishing second is something of an achievement, well for the Pontians anyway.
Take it to the WHAA, WHAA thread people. Rd 17 is about Gardens winning Bak 2 Bak Championships :D

Pull your supporter/s into line Pontians, worst we have faced all year BUT yet great bunch of blokes once you step into there club. Your supporters will possibly now loose you 2nd spot, & I would hate that as a player knowing all the hard work you put in during the year is taken away from you by some half cut, abusive, never played the game supporter!

Sounds like all other clubs are crumbling around us, bring on 2012 already :lol:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

4-4-2 wrote:Was involved with the farm v pontian game. Fantastic start to the game played tough, fair and a great pace. Yes ingle farm player did bring the pontian player down and I have seen these given as a red card. Perhaps it should have been given but it wasn't. You win some, you loose some but over a season things generally even themselves out between the good and bad calls. Pontian keeper had a clear and deliberate handball outside the box and was duly given a red card. Once again seen them given plenty of times before but farm player would have had a bit of work left to finish off the goal, bad decision by the keeper. Was not privvy to the exact comments of the said supporter to the ref. Sick of hearing what if he was a neutral. He was not a neutral and clearly part of the pontian continget there on the day. The pontian marshal who is the club president did not handle the situation well. Instead he aggrovated the situation by dishing a tirade of abuse to the ref. This same marshal acted like a pork chop first time we played pontian this season and is a poor reflection on a club who appeared to have changed for the better. Steve is genuinely a good guy but can be incosistent either way you have to respect the referees decision, harden up and get on with it. The young linesman on the pontian side was visibly shaken by the incident and given the incidents that have occurred this year the president/marshal should have taken a common sense approach and diffused the situation. My view from here is farm should be awarded the points. They were not involved with the incident. Had a clear advantage at 1-1 playing a team down to 10 men after 20mins. Game maynot be replayed for upto 3 weeks depending on pontians cup progression and if played midweek would most likely be at a neutral ground, once again unfair for the farm. League needs to set a precedent here and apparently pontians already on a good behaviour issue from the league due to previous incedents. The loosers out of the whole thing is players and spectators who gave up there time for what should have been a cracking game. Will also state the pontians players are a good bunch of lads and also note the hospitality we received from the pontian club after the first game was top notch! Intersting decision for the league to make
POST OF THE YEAR. 4-4-2

This is the reason for all the problem's with our sport ATM, everyone else wants to blame the Referee or anyone else except themselves "It me or wasn't my fault".
PONTIAN ask yourself honestly why Sunday's game was abandoned? Was it the FARMS fault or could it be because one of your supporters went over the top in his abuse to the Referee after he sent your keeper off & then you Club Marshall who is your President instead of doing his Job as the Ground Marshall to tell the supporter to pull his head in he accually got stuck into the Referee himself.
I have been to PONTIANS many times over the last few years & I was there this year,
NO WONDER YOUR CLUB HAS PROBLEMS & IS CURRENTLY ON A GOOD BEHAVIOUR BOND WHEN YOUR PRESIDENT ACTS THE WAS HE DOES? VERY VERY POOR FROM A CLUB PRESIDENT!
PONTIAN you asked me what I wouldv'e done if it happened to our keeper in the 1st 10mins of a game. I probably would have yelled THATS Barossa Pearl out at the Referee may-be a couple of other thing, but let me say this if the Referee had have stopped the game & come over & spoke to me our Club Marshall, Chairman, Committee Person, Supporter wouldv'e come up & said Nelly pull your head in or get out of here. I wouldv'e listened thought about it & pulled my head in.
YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME EXCEPT YOURSELVES! FK ME YOUR ALL GROWN MEN!
A PROUD DIVISION 1 CLUB & I'M SURE MANY OF THE GOOD PONTIAN PEOPLE WOULD BE TOTALLY EMBARRASSES BY YOUR CLUBS PERFORMANCE ON SUNDAY...
I JUST FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR PLAYERS....

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
POST OF THE YEAR. 4-4-2

This is the reason for all the problem's with our sport ATM, everyone else wants to blame the Referee or anyone else except themselves "It me or wasn't my fault".
PONTIAN ask yourself honestly why Sunday's game was abandoned? Was it the FARMS fault or could it be because one of your supporters went over the top in his abuse to the Referee after he sent your keeper off & then you Club Marshall who is your President instead of doing his Job as the Ground Marshall to tell the supporter to pull his head in he accually got stuck into the Referee himself.
I have been to PONTIANS many times over the last few years & I was there this year,
NO WONDER YOUR CLUB HAS PROBLEMS & IS CURRENTLY ON A GOOD BEHAVIOUR BOND WHEN YOUR PRESIDENT ACTS THE WAS HE DOES? VERY VERY POOR FROM A CLUB PRESIDENT!
PONTIAN you asked me what I wouldv'e done if it happened to our keeper in the 1st 10mins of a game. I probably would have yelled THATS Barossa Pearl out at the Referee may-be a couple of other thing, but let me say this if the Referee had have stopped the game & come over & spoke to me our Club Marshall, Chairman, Committee Person, Supporter wouldv'e come up & said Nelly pull your head in or get out of here. I wouldv'e listened thought about it & pulled my head in.
YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME EXCEPT YOURSELVES! FK ME YOUR ALL GROWN MEN!
A PROUD DIVISION 1 CLUB & I'M SURE MANY OF THE GOOD PONTIAN PEOPLE WOULD BE TOTALLY EMBARRASSES BY YOUR CLUBS PERFORMANCE ON SUNDAY...
I JUST FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR PLAYERS....
Yes Nugget your right

KS2011
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KS2011 »

FOR shiraz SAKE!!! You guys are still going on??? Shiraz get over it, regardless of what is said here it will not change anything.. The thread was for results, not a discussion on refs! Would have been enough to write game called of pending decision no official result bla bla and move on, not over flood the page with nonsense for people who come on to see the "results" move on

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

finally got around to doing the league tables..

LINK

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

ROBBO wrote:finally got around to doing the league tables..

LINK
Wow, we've scored a lot of goals this year. Hopefully the A's and B's will both finish in 2nd.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

I can think of one in the reserves that you shouldn't have had Jay! :wink:

Good luck for the rest of the season - see you for a Bacardi Breezer on cup semi day?

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

If the GARDENS beat FLORINA Sunday we will finish with 47 League Points the highest League points ever,
It's currently 46 points held by the VALE...

Est.1966

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

KING NUGGETT wrote:If the GARDENS beat FLORINA Sunday we will finish with 47 League Points the highest League points ever,
YAWN

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

lisbon lion wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:If the GARDENS beat FLORINA Sunday we will finish with 47 League Points the highest League points ever,
YAWN
I'D BE YAWNING TO LIPPY IF I WAS SUBJECTED TO WATCH THE CRAP YOUR 2 CLUBS DISHED UP THIS SEASON

Est.1966

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

very true macnuggets my putter has been off the boil the driver has been ok though

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

lisbon lion wrote:very true macnuggets my putter has been off the boil the driver has been ok though
I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE DOWNS & MACO'S STUPID ...

Est.1966

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
lisbon lion wrote:very true macnuggets my putter has been off the boil the driver has been ok though
I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE DOWNS & MACO'S STUPID ...
you dont say EINSTEIN way to sharp for me macnuggets...im out of my depth

ADEL.GOONERS
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ADEL.GOONERS »

PONTIAN wrote:mate he was wearing a top with green and white sleeves same as the B teams sleeves. not trying to pick on him just saw what I saw. as for the Farm boys all guys I spoke to were all good blokes and I think soccer was the big loser on the day coz it was a cracking start. all the best to the guys :D
i would have thought the luminuous yellow council top with reflecters on it would have let you no he was not a farm player :mrgreen: