sat div 3

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: sat div 3

Post by Right Back »

Hazara vs Falcons

A's: 2-1
B's: 0-2

Best game ressies played all season but the A's once again let an early lead slip.

Hazara especially first team #4 and #10 were dirty hacks and did nothing except look for fights and even put our CB out of the game with a very late 'tackle'....

zebbie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by zebbie »

firstly Budapest are the biggest :clown: "s

round 15 - results

ADEL PUMAS MURRAY BRIDGE 3:1
ST PETERS 2 STHN BREAKERS 1:4
FLINDERS 1 STRATHALBYN 1:1
HAZARA ACU FALCONS 2:1
ADEL UNI 2 BUDAPEST 4:0

___________Played______Points

Breakers: ___15_________35
Pumas:_____14_________32
Budapest:___15_________28
Flinders:____15_________27
Adel Uni:____14_________27

Bridge:______15_________17
Hazara:_____15_________17
Peters:______15________12
Strath:______15________10
Falcons______15________7

Goolwa5214
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Goolwa5214 »

Postponed Pumas vs Adelaide Uni game looking possibly more and more important. Should it be left until all other games have been played. Seems an unfair advantage. What if both teams only need a draw to go up?

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Goolwa5214 wrote:Postponed Pumas vs Adelaide Uni game looking possibly more and more important. Should it be left until all other games have been played. Seems an unfair advantage. What if both teams only need a draw to go up?
Not sure if thats matematically possible given they play eachother in round 18 as well.

For them both to need a draw to both go up (assuming 2 get promoted) would need Breakers, Buda and Flinders to lose all their games which wont happen as in rounds 16 and 17, 2 of the 3 are playing eachother....

If a Pumas win or draw is enough for them to get promoted they could in theory do a deal (in secret) with Uni for them to throw the game but I cant see that happening as they are two of the less dodgier clubs in the league :D

Retief
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Retief »

If three go up then that game might take on special significance.
I too don't like the idea of 2 teams playing, already knowing all the other results.
I don't think any intentional 'cheating' would take place, but it can't but affect you.
The game should have been played before the end of the regular season.

Both promotion and relegation still tight in this division, although things might be a little clearer at the end of this week. A lot of teams living on their nerves I suspect.
They seek him here, they seek him there, they seek him everywhere.

FleetFoot102
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by FleetFoot102 »

Retief wrote:If three go up then that game might take on special significance.
I too don't like the idea of 2 teams playing, already knowing all the other results.
I don't think any intentional 'cheating' would take place, but it can't but affect you.
The game should have been played before the end of the regular season.

Both promotion and relegation still tight in this division, although things might be a little clearer at the end of this week. A lot of teams living on their nerves I suspect.
This game could potentially get the biggest crowd a Div 3 game has ever seen!

Retief
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Retief »

Prediction time again!

BUDAPEST STHN BREAKERS - last chance for Budapest, but I think SB will put them in their grave :) (1 - 2)
ACU FALCONS MURRAY BRIDGE - a bridge too far for the falcons :?: (0 - 1)
ADEL UNI 2 FLINDERS 1 - battle of the brains - adelaide to graduate 8) (2 - 1)
HAZARA ST PETERS 2 - St Peters to be hazed :wink: (2 - 1)
STRATHALBYN ADEL PUMAS - Strath to pounce :?: (1 - 1)

No Clever Alias
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No Clever Alias »

You've set a standard here Retief - my attempt to emulate!

Budapest v Breakers - Breakers to exterminate the pest 0-3
Falcons v Murray Bridge - Falcons attempt to bridge the gap 1-1
Adel Uni 2 v Flinders 1 - Prestige wins out over size 2-1
Hazara v St Peters OC 2 - Saints to give the last rites 0-3
Strathalbyn v Pumas - Pumas to have a field day 2-3

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

No Clever Alias wrote:You've set a standard here Retief - my attempt to emulate!

Budapest v Breakers - Breakers to exterminate the pest 0-3
Falcons v Murray Bridge - Falcons attempt to bridge the gap 1-1
Adel Uni 2 v Flinders 1 - Prestige wins out over size 2-1
Hazara v St Peters OC 2 - Saints to give the last rites 0-3
Strathalbyn v Pumas - Pumas to have a field day 2-3
very creative :)

owtfornowt
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by owtfornowt »

This rain keeps up, I think Uni will be postponing another game!! What are the plans regarding the Uni vs pests B's game ? Are you planning on playing catch up on that one as well?

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Budapest v Breakers - Breakers very strong upfront and in defence 0-2
Falcons v Murray Bridge - RIP Falcons for anything less than 3 points 1-0
Adel Uni 2 v Flinders 1 - Flinders too strong 1-3
Hazara v St Peters OC 2 - Hoping Hazara keep Saints down 1-0
Strathalbyn v Pumas - Strath to lose in a usual close one 3-4

FleetFoot102
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by FleetFoot102 »

Budapest v Breakers - (1-1) After a bit of a form slump Budapest will put up a solid front against the league leaders
Falcons v Murray Bridge - (0-2) Despite Falcons do or die battle I still think Bridge will be too strong
Adel Uni 2 v Flinders 1 -(1-1) I've got absolutely no idea for this encounter
Hazara v St Peters OC 2 - (1-1) Pretty even contest between two quick teams
Strathalbyn v Pumas - (0-2) Should be a hard fought contest but Pumas to take their chances when they come

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Budapest v Breakers - (3-1)
Falcons v Murray Bridge - (2-1)
Adel Uni 2 v Flinders 1 -(2-3)
Hazara v St Peters OC 2 - (2-1)
Strathalbyn v Pumas - (1-3)

Dils001
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dils001 »

Budapest v breakers (1-3)
Falcons v Murray Bridge (0-2)
Uni v Flinders (1-2)
Hazara v St Peters (2-1)
Strath v Pumas (1-5)

PingKong
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PingKong »

Budapest v breakers (0-0)
Falcons v Murray Bridge (2-3)
Uni v Flinders (0-2)
Hazara v St Peters (2-1)
Strath v Pumas (1-3)

No Clever Alias
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hazara v SPOC

As 2-3. Good away win in a tough encounter well refereed by Milan. Helps us in our quest to avoid the drop.

Bs 1-1. Most blatant cheating ever from the referee and linesman! Unbelievable!

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Falcons vs Murray Bridge

A's: 1-1
B's: 2-0

With SPOC's win over Hazara it's bye bye Div 3 for us...

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

Pumas v Strath

A 3 - 1
B 7 - 0

Retief
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Retief »

Budapest vs Southern Breakers

A's 1 - 1
B's 5 - 2

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

Adel Uni v Flinders ?

Result ?

BROKEN
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BROKEN »

Retief wrote:Budapest vs Southern Breakers

A's 1 - 1
B's 5 - 2
Budapest!! What an absolute disgrace!! What they were chanting on the sidelines today was deplorable, especially in front of
women and children. Some of their players are actually decent people and good players. It baffles me why they would play
for such a sh.. club and I know they were embarrassed by their supporters carry on.
I was talking to their ex striker who now plays for the Wanderers last week at St Peters and he said he should have left years
ago, it was the best thing that he's done. I don't think Budapest will last too much longer as a club. The B Grade ref Pauly, far out, what a joke, the worst I've ever seen in my time at the amateur league. There are a lot of clubs around that part of Adelaide and my advice would be for those decent people to go elsewhere.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Pretty slanderous first post Broken - dont worry history dictates you will be back down in div 3 after next season so we will probably be back up by then so no visits for a while - by the way poor form for your number 4 to stage for your equalizing penalty - you will probably need to milk a few like that next year - anyway you look like finishing top and probably deserved so good luck - will chose not to comment on what our ex striker may have said he is a great plyrr and am sure banging in goals in div 1

Buda-Veteran
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Buda-Veteran »

Must be hard to be such a perfect club!! Those living in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!!!
Amazing comment to post about our longevity when our club has been around since 1970. Pretty poor form from the clown who posted the comment!
Agreed maybe one chant was inappropriate however for the majority it was supporters and players showing passion and support towards their club and players.....pity more clubs can't reflect such passion!
And as far as our ex player goes he can say what he likes as Budapest is better off without him....just ask anyone from our club! and yes he probably should have left earlier.....
Good luck next year (you will need it) and no doubt we will see you again in 2014.

zebbie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by zebbie »

A's
Adel Uni - Flinders

3:4

B's
Adel Uni - Flinders

2:1

25 yard 90th min winner in the B game, what a goal :lol:
Unlucky in the As

A win against Falcons for Pumas will finish off an epic end to the season :cry:

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

BROKEN wrote:

A's 1 - 1
B's 5 - 2
Budapest!! What an absolute disgrace!! What they were chanting on the sidelines today was deplorable, especially in front of
women and children. Some of their players are actually decent people and good players. It baffles me why they would play
for such a sh.. club and I know they were embarrassed by their supporters carry on.
I was talking to their ex striker who now plays for the Wanderers last week at St Peters and he said he should have left years
ago, it was the best thing that he's done. I don't think Budapest will last too much longer as a club.

The B Grade ref Pauly, far out, what a joke, the worst I've ever seen in my time at the amateur league. There are a lot of clubs around that part of Adelaide and my advice would be for those decent people to go elsewhere.
big call buddy's think you have just embarrassed your club with that post. next time don't hide on a forum and come to the bar and speak these same words.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

BROKEN wrote:

A's 1 - 1
B's 5 - 2
ago, it was the best thing that he's done. I don't think Budapest will last too much longer as a club. The B Grade ref Pauly, far out, what a joke, the worst I've ever seen in my time at the amateur league. There are a lot of clubs around that part of Adelaide and my advice would be for those decent people to go elsewhere.

Broken,..don’t ever refer to our club in that manner again.. especially behind a keyboard..!!

Maybe you are “baffled” as you are a confused misguided and ignorant nobody... The players are not embarrassed by the supporters in fact they relish it.. .. one chant, duration of perhaps 30 seconds or less maybe should have not been done.. and wont be repeated again, however the rest of the support is driven by passion and love for the club... you read, and see week in week out of violent spectator actions in the amature league. The Budapest supporters get the Buda chants happening and maybe vocal ..... but have you seen any violence have you heard any threats any time? You are a stupid man...

You think Budapest will not last much longer as a club .... Budapest has a rich and proud history, from inception in this current form and where the club came from before that. The thing that sets Budapest apart and adds uniqueness is the character of the players and supporters, we don’t have committees coaches or excess supply of players, we don’t go out recruiting or paying players to be here, The existing players stay and the type of new players that come are there because they have heart we have players that have to play back to back games, they do it because they want to and love the club... The good players you refer to..you know how many times other Div 1 etc clubs have tried to lure some of our players??... they stay because there is a bond and a specialness, on and off the field, that you, and clubs like yours, would not understand..and that is why, Broken, this club will continue to rise against the odds each year as it has done so for years.

Did you see our A’s players carrying on like Rock Ape Cretans as your B’s players were in the first game when an unfair decision was made..??? Our players accepted it and carried on .. look at yourselves Broken..

Also 1. do not name people you are slandering on a public forum and 2. If you think that is the worst referring you have seen you are very very deluded the penalty call may have been soft or a wrong call however from the position the ref was in at the time it may have looked otherwise ..by the way did you hear our supporters and officials at the time chastising the ref for that call against you..?? Regardless it had no bearing on the 5-2 thumping of your team maybe that is the basis of your squealing??

The abuse, and I was told threat, directed by your players at our 13 yrs old lineman in the reserves is what is deplorable, and a disgrace, he was correct in every call and would never make an unfair call .... he no doubt would understand the game and rules better than you and would take the absolute piss out of any player at your club talent and skill wise, as would a couple of other kids around the club who also happen to love the club ...you are grown adult amature nobodies..

Consider you words next time Broken and an apology would be accepted if or when our clubs meet again...

FleetFoot102
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by FleetFoot102 »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
The players are not embarrassed by the supporters in fact they relish it.. .. one chant, duration of perhaps 30 seconds or less maybe should have not been done.. and wont be repeated again, however the rest of the support is driven by passion and love for the club... you read, and see week in week out of violent spectator actions in the amature league. The Budapest supporters get the Buda chants happening and maybe vocal ..... but have you seen any violence have you heard any threats any time?
Our away game at Budapest was easily the best game I've played in when it comes to atmposphere. This may be influenced by the fact we won the game but the banter between both sets of supporters was fantastic I thought with the chants going back and forward. Never did it look like it was going to kick off between both camps and as it should be, both sides enjoyed a beer and a feed after the game.

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

No Clever Alias wrote:Hazara v SPOC

As 2-3. Good away win in a tough encounter well refereed by Milan. Helps us in our quest to avoid the drop.

From the website:

Round 16 - SAT DIV 3 A Date: 25/08/2012
Home Team Away Team Ground

BUDAPEST [1] STHN BREAKERS [1] CHALLA GARDENS PRIMARY SCHOOL
ACU FALCONS [1] MURRAY BRIDGE [1] GRANGE SPORTS COMPLEX
ADEL UNI 2 [3] FLINDERS 1 [4] ADELAIDE UNI GROUND
HAZARA [3] ST PETERS 2 [2] WOODVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
STRATHALBYN [1] ADEL PUMAS [3] STRATHALBYN RECREATION GROUND

Did SPOC or Hazara win?

As this is critical for us......

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

acu_falcon wrote:
No Clever Alias wrote:Hazara v SPOC

From the website:

Round 16 - SAT DIV 3 A Date: 25/08/2012
Home Team Away Team Ground

BUDAPEST [1] STHN BREAKERS [1] CHALLA GARDENS PRIMARY SCHOOL
ACU FALCONS [1] MURRAY BRIDGE [1] GRANGE SPORTS COMPLEX
ADEL UNI 2 [3] FLINDERS 1 [4] ADELAIDE UNI GROUND
HAZARA [3] ST PETERS 2 [2] WOODVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
STRATHALBYN [1] ADEL PUMAS [3] STRATHALBYN RECREATION GROUND

Did SPOC or Hazara win?

SPOC definitely won 3-2.

No Clever Alias
Apprentice
Apprentice

acu_falcon wrote:Did SPOC or Hazara win?

Hazara tried to claim a 2-1 win in the Bs too, when it was 1-1!

Not sure what happened there!