Graham Arnold MUST be sacked

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

i thought he was getting sacked?

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Neville Bartos wrote:
Motley wrote:Arnold has to go and kosmina should go and do a coaching course in europe. Also a course on manners would be very helpful. All of the slugs that dont care if the Socceroos put in mediocre performances and go backwards as long as their hero, their idol, their god is on television.

Thumbs up to all those patriotic Aussies who enjoyed the Socceroos performance the other night. All the kosmina lovers need a big pat on the back, well done losers.
Maybe you should practice what you preach you hypocrite!

Could Not put it better myself!

Yeah we ALL want Australia to play pathetic and put in mediocre performances!!
WHAT THE F&*K U TALKING ABOUT???
Just SHIRAZ OFF U DEGENERATE!

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

Motley, what you have to understand is that we are playing against countries who have had a lot more experience at this level than us.

Most of them have home-based squads and have played together for a long time whereas our players barely know each other, let alone play similar systems at club level.

They are used to the conditions and are physically adapted to them.

Our players are mainly European based and as such have heavier, more muscular physiques than their opponents.

Despite this, I am confident we will progress to the next stage.

All we need is 1 - 0 wins. We don't have to play well or dominate teams, all we need is results - that's how the Italian's do it.

Winning is all you have to do.
Your countrymen don't care, and soon forget, that you played crap football as long as you win!
FOOTBALL IS LIFE - The Rest Is Just Details

Zakynthos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Zakynthos »

Fred Goldstone wrote:Motley, what you have to understand is that we are playing against countries who have had a lot more experience at this level than us.

Most of them have home-based squads and have played together for a long time whereas our players barely know each other, let alone play similar systems at club level.

Our players are mainly European based and as such have heavier, more muscular physiques than their opponents.

All we need is 1 - 0 wins. We don't have to play well or dominate teams, all we need is results - that's how the Italian's do it.

Your countrymen don't care, and soon forget, that you played crap football as long as you win!
fred goldstone, your points are valid, but the impression i get hearing from the post interviews from arnold like yourself is that the socceroos put the blame on the heat

i read one of the articles or heard that oman doesnt have the humidity that exists in thailand

you have to remember about the australian squad is that these players may be based in europe and supposedly colder weather compared to thailand but i think youl find these boys in europe train twice a day? they do various sessions, these guys are athletes, and you saw what they did in the heat to japan in the world cup, they wore japan out to the point that they overan japan in the end and won the game handsomely (remenmber in the heat)

this is with hiddinjk coaching, sadly arnold has not at all prepared them properly for this tournament, you cannot blame the conditions in thailand for socceroos performance,

compare australia to oman, thailand and iraq, and you tell me who is the best squad in terms of strength and conditioning, we are talking about stamina here, running up and down the pitch

these aussie boys train in the best facilities in europe, state of the art gyms and all, the iraq and oman boys dont have this

but what oman has is an argentine coach and iraq has a brazilian coach

:wink:
With great power comes great responsibility

Its not who you are, but what you do that defines you

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

You might recall we played the solomon islands in the WC qualifier and when we played over there it was hot and humid and we played pathetically. In fact Guss' comments to Arnie were "If we play like this we will not win anything."

Put the socceroos in hot humid conditions and its all over so it seems.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Fred Goldstone wrote:Motley, what you have to understand is that we are playing against countries who have had a lot more experience at this level than us.

i dont think thats true

if you play boring football, no new fans will come about

football is still growing in australia, if its bottle of shiraz boring, whos going to watch it?

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

You can't gain the same information from friendly's as you can from the real stuff! We can watch tapes of all our opponents now from the previous games in this tournement!! So if arnie has got the goods he will be able to produce a researched game plan from now on!
First half against Uruguay is the standard we must be aiming to play at as a minimum!

Vaguely
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Graham Arnold MUST be sacked

Post by Vaguely »

Zakynthos wrote:Dear Kosmina lovers,

I saw the game on foxtel sunday night, (thank god for foxtel), and I have to say when I see the likes of John Kosmina sitting between Arnold and Rob Baan in the dugout it doesnt look good,

what doesnt look good about this picture you ask? you guessed it, thats right, John Kosmina is in this picture

lets analyse the game shall we,

1st half

we sometimes play the ball along the ground, but balls that were distributed along the deck from defensive midfield into our attacking half was a joke, I counted three deliveries that went to there omani midfield, three deliveries from the same guy mind you, he plays in Italy, any guesses?? grella

I noticed that everytime oman defenders had the ball in the own half they were not pressured into coffing it up early, there was no pressure on there back 4, why?? is it because possibly that our attackers have been instructed not to pressure unless only in australias half??

was there a manmarker on kewell?, the comentators mentioned this, he had slighty long hair?, maybe a ponytail, he got yellow carded in the first half also

were other players manmarked by omanis also?

the goal that oman scored was by a lapse in concentration by kisnorbo possibly, he fell on the ground, very sad and obviously no balance

but my biggest concern in the first half was the lack of penetration of our mifield to unlock there defense. There were no wall passes, attacks only coming from the lest side, unless emerton attacked from the right, if you call them attacks

bresciano tried but really, i mean really, what was his role? what is celinas role? and where the fig is cahill??

the oman players looked much more confortable on the ball in the first half

2nd half

the second half was just as bad. When I saw the likes of Aloisi coming on and being spoken to be Kosmina, I started to throw up, I vomited, why?

remember the man marker from the first half, he attacked through the middle of the park in the second half, went to shoot with his left, at the last minute he bamboozled kisnorbo and shot with his right foot and cracked a lovely shot, thank god for schwarzer the keeper, he saved us a few times

the oman players were just as good in the second half as they were in the first half

I noticed plenty of long balls from our defenders coming from the back, is this the influence of kosmina?? the long ball style?? god forbid

and remember kosmina lovers, we were lucky to get out of this game with a draw

future

we play iraq on friday night, i am not looking forward to this game, i saw the game between iraq and thailand and i tell you what, iraq were stunning in the first half, not the result but the way they play, that number 5 for iraq, the midfielder, he shits over grella and bresciano, full top

you think oman caused australia problems, wait when they play iraq, boys and girls

Assessment

these are the grades i handed out to the players of australia (out of 10)

schwarzer - 9
emerton - 4 Fail
kisnorbo - 1 Fail
neil - 5
wilkshire - 3 Fail
celina - 5
grella - 2 Fail
bresiano - 6
Kewell - 7
Viduka - 7
Sterjovski - 2 Fail

subs

aloisi - 5
cahill - 8

and any other sub that came on passed the assesment also

coaching assesment

Arnold - 3 Fail
Baan 9
kosmina - 1 Fail

I will explain my coaching assessments with some questions

1. why has arnold NOT adopted a full court press when australia doesnt have the ball?, you cannot allow the defense to do as they wish in there own half, (hiddink always pressed with PSV Eindhoven)

2. why has arnold adopted this 4-2-3-1, the loner striker role?, if australia is to adopt a lone striker role, then adopt a 4-3-3 system like the dutch do

3. why is wilkshire in the starting eleven? he is not good enough at this level, it is as simple as that

4. why is kisnorbo in the starting eleven? he is not good enough at this level, it is as plain as the nose on your face

5. why was Cahill on the bench? if he is fit then he starts, if he is NOT fit then he is NOT up for selection, simple as that

6. why is kosmina assisant to arnold? because it is who your mates are

I gave arnold 3 out of 10 because he is a gentleman of the game, but gentlemens will not win australia the cup, he doesnt have the experience at this level but I have to admit i have liked some of his previous friendlies especially against uruaguy but they are only friendlies and there in lies the problem folks

the oman coach is argentinean, he played with maradona, thats says it all

i gave rob baan 9 out of 10 because of the good work he has done with the young socceroos and he also knows what the frig is going on when it comes to coaching

I gave kosmina 1 out of 10 because he should not be assistant to our national team, he offers nothing to the socceroos except the long ball game, his attitute towards the supporters and referees leaves alot to be desired

at one stage one of the oman players went to fetch the ball near the touch line for a throw in and kosmina was near there and I thought, I NO, kosmina was going to choke the guy (hahahaahahahahahah)

now we wouldnt want that would we, kosmina faithful

Solution

it is time to get a proper coach, Houlier, thats right liverpool people, Geard Houlier, has he quit from Lyon in France??

this guy setup the Clair Fontane system 20 years ago and look now, the clare fontane system is a youth system based in france that produces stunnning youngsters, Henry and the like have come through and more players are coming through like Samir Nasri, heard the name?? I guess not

but we have heard of fleetwood and barbaro and the like havent we?, please, dont insult my intelligence, we are talking about qaulity players in quality leagues if you dont mind

get off the grass FFA and get rid of these pretenders in Arnold and especially Kosmina because if I have to see Kosmina one more time on TV I will run out on the road in front of a truck

:lol:
I don't want Houllier. He couldn't take a France team containing Cantona, Papin, Desaily and Deschamp to USA 94. It annoyed me whilst watching Liverpool when he lacked a plan B when plan A of "lets hoof it to Owen' failed. He also maintains the fact that he unearthed Steven Gerrard when a blind man could of told you he was destined to be great. IMO he is not needed in Australia[/b]

Vaguely
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Vaguely »

I saw the game on foxtel sunday night, (thank god for foxtel), and I have to say when I see the likes of John Kosmina sitting between Arnold and Rob Baan in the dugout it doesnt look good,

what doesnt look good about this picture you ask? you guessed it, thats right, John Kosmina is in this picture

1st half

we sometimes play the ball along the ground, but balls that were distributed along the deck from defensive midfield into our attacking half was a joke, I counted three deliveries that went to there omani midfield, three deliveries from the same guy mind you, he plays in Italy, any guesses?? grella

I noticed that everytime oman defenders had the ball in the own half they were not pressured into coffing it up early, there was no pressure on there back 4, why?? is it because possibly that our attackers have been instructed not to pressure unless only in australias half??

was there a manmarker on kewell?, the comentators mentioned this, he had slighty long hair?, maybe a ponytail, he got yellow carded in the first half also

the goal that oman scored was by a lapse in concentration by kisnorbo possibly, he fell on the ground, very sad and obviously no balance

but my biggest concern in the first half was the lack of penetration of our mifield to unlock there defense. There were no wall passes, attacks only coming from the lest side, unless emerton attacked from the right, if you call them attacks

bresciano tried but really, i mean really, what was his role? what is celinas role? and where the fig is cahill??

2nd half

the second half was just as bad. When I saw the likes of Aloisi coming on and being spoken to be Kosmina, I started to throw up, I vomited, why?

remember the man marker from the first half, he attacked through the middle of the park in the second half, went to shoot with his left, at the last minute he bamboozled kisnorbo and shot with his right foot and cracked a lovely shot, thank god for schwarzer the keeper, he saved us a few times

the oman players were just as good in the second half as they were in the first half

I noticed plenty of long balls from our defenders coming from the back, is this the influence of kosmina?? the long ball style?? god forbid

future

we play iraq on friday night, i am not looking forward to this game, i saw the game between iraq and thailand and i tell you what, iraq were stunning in the first half, not the result but the way they play, that number 5 for iraq, the midfielder, he shits over grella and bresciano, full top

you think oman caused australia problems, wait when they play iraq, boys and girls

Assessment

schwarzer - 9
emerton - 4 Fail
kisnorbo - 1 Fail
neil - 5
wilkshire - 3 Fail
celina - 5
grella - 2 Fail
bresiano - 6
Kewell - 7
Viduka - 7
Sterjovski - 2 Fail

subs

aloisi - 5
cahill - 8

coaching assesment

Arnold - 3 Fail
Baan 9
kosmina - 1 Fail

1. why has arnold NOT adopted a full court press when australia doesnt have the ball?, you cannot allow the defense to do as they wish in there own half, (hiddink always pressed with PSV Eindhoven)

2. why has arnold adopted this 4-2-3-1, the loner striker role?, if australia is to adopt a lone striker role, then adopt a 4-3-3 system like the dutch do

3. why is wilkshire in the starting eleven? he is not good enough at this level, it is as simple as that

4. why is kisnorbo in the starting eleven? he is not good enough at this level, it is as plain as the nose on your face

5. why was Cahill on the bench? if he is fit then he starts, if he is NOT fit then he is NOT up for selection, simple as that

I gave arnold 3 out of 10 because he is a gentleman of the game, but gentlemens will not win australia the cup, he doesnt have the experience at this level but I have to admit i have liked some of his previous friendlies especially against uruaguy but they are only friendlies and there in lies the problem folks

i gave rob baan 9 out of 10 because of the good work he has done with the young socceroos and he also knows what the frig is going on when it comes to coaching

I gave kosmina 1 out of 10 because he should not be assistant to our national team, he offers nothing to the socceroos except the long ball game, his attitute towards the supporters and referees leaves alot to be desired

at one stage one of the oman players went to fetch the ball near the touch line for a throw in and kosmina was near there and I thought, I NO, kosmina was going to choke the guy (hahahaahahahahahah)

Solution

it is time to get a proper coach, Houlier, thats right liverpool people, Geard Houlier, has he quit from Lyon in France??

this guy setup the Clair Fontane system 20 years ago and look now, the clare fontane system is a youth system based in france that produces stunnning youngsters, Henry and the like have come through and more players are coming through like Samir Nasri, heard the name?? I guess not

but we have heard of fleetwood and barbaro and the like havent we?, please, dont insult my intelligence, we are talking about qaulity players in quality leagues if you dont mind

get off the grass FFA and get rid of these pretenders in Arnold and especially Kosmina because if I have to see Kosmina one more time on TV I will run out on the road in front of a truck

I don't want Houllier. He couldn't take a France team containing Cantona, Papin, Desaily and Deschamp to USA 94. It annoyed me whilst watching Liverpool when he lacked a plan B when plan A of "lets hoof it to Owen' failed. He also maintains the fact that he unearthed Steven Gerrard when a blind man could of told you he was destined to be great. IMO he is not needed in Australia

left foot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by left foot »

Motley wrote:Totally agree with you Zakinthos.
As usuall its the same stains that disagree, the same old kosmina lovers. The same old we have plenty of talent playing for enfield, or paralowie, or campbelltown who are just not given the chance.

The same people who were glad to see the back of hiddink just so they can fantacise over kosmina. Get this through your thick heads the campaign is over for the socceroos. Just because Zak tells you what you dont want to hear, the truth about how we have gone backwards, back to the farina days you dont need to cry and rip into him.

Your solutions please. The bloke has given you his solution. What is yours? Especially you tossi, it sounds like you know alot about the game, it sounds like you are a cambelltown midfielder that is knocking on the door to play for united or even the socceroos. Did the socceroos impress you, did kosmina do it for you again?

You digicom are just as bad as tossi. I bet you guys really deep down enjoy seeing the socceroos lose and loved it when italy knocked them out of the world cup. I have another theory the reason why you bootlaces enjoyed kosmina coach united is that you really wanted adelaide city in the a league and couldnt stand a real state team coming through with the ultimate success. Rodents.
Of course you do, cause you are agreeing with yourself. Take your hand off your tiny little p*enis you stupid Greek.

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

1st half

2nd half

future

Assessment

schwarzer - 9
emerton - 4 Fail
kisnorbo - 1 Fail
neil - 5
wilkshire - 3 Fail
celina - 5
grella - 2 Fail
bresiano - 6
Kewell - 7
Viduka - 7
Sterjovski - 2 Fail

subs

aloisi - 5
cahill - 8

coaching assesment

Arnold - 3 Fail
Baan 9
kosmina - 1 Fail

Solution

dude, what the??????

what did baan do to be rated, let alone been given such a high score!
lol

if thats the case:

fitness coach: 4 (players looked out of breath)
qantas airways: 10 (for getting them to thailand)
nippys orange juice: 22 (for supplying fresh oranges to keep vitamin c levels high)

shiraz dude
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

Zakynthos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Zakynthos »

to the italian malaks that would rather see italy win the world cup than australia win an asian cup is nothing short of a disgrace,

if you live in this country then you go for this country, when you play soccer, be it amatuer or semi pressional, or indoor soccer down at saint clare or findon, you are kicking balls on an aussie surface, therefore you become a dogga and not a deigo, capiche ??

by supporting italy more than australia, you are basically saying that italy is my first preference when it comes to the national team. Believe me when I tell you, Italy need no help when it comes to there football. Sadly aussie football needs your help, and by stating the malarky that you stated above with regards to genitals makes you a degerate yourself

8)

Zakynthos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Zakynthos »

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Zakynthos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Zakynthos »

ill be watching tonights game with bated breath and ill be watching kosmina very closely also

if arnold gets the sack, so will kossie and justice will prevail, especially you clowns that dont support vidmar but love the all mighty kossie

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Zakynthos wrote:to the italian malaks that would rather see italy win the world cup than australia win an asian cup is nothing short of a disgrace,

if you live in this country then you go for this country, when you play soccer, be it amatuer or semi pressional, or indoor soccer down at saint clare or findon, you are kicking balls on an aussie surface, therefore you become a dogga and not a deigo, capiche ??

by supporting italy more than australia, you are basically saying that italy is my first preference when it comes to the national team. Believe me when I tell you, Italy need no help when it comes to there football. Sadly aussie football needs your help, and by stating the malarky that you stated above with regards to genitals makes you a degerate yourself

8)

R U SERIUOS??
What the FUUCK are U talking about???
I cannot support Italy over Australia????

THIS COMING FROM A STAIN WHO HAS A CITY OF GREECE AS HIS USERNAME!!!!!!!!

Last time I checked I have the RIGHT TO DO WHAT THE FUUCK I want. I can support the country where I was born over the country I live in and spend most of my life in.
I will ALWAYS support ITALIA over any other nation, but Australia will always be 2nd.
So u tellin me that most greeks on here, were NOT supporting Greece V Australia last year in the friendly game????

PS
Where have I stated that I do not want to see Australia win the Asian Cup???

Mate I think U HAVE TOTALLY LOST IT
:shock:

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

diegom wrote:
Zakynthos wrote:to the italian malaks that would rather see italy win the world cup than australia win an asian cup is nothing short of a disgrace,

8)

He never had it to begin with :P Ignore the TROLLS, they'll eventually go away :twisted: :lol: :lol:
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Jeda wrote:
diegom wrote:

8)

He never had it to begin with :P Ignore the TROLLS, they'll eventually go away :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Trust me, Zak the whack has NO effect on me!

Zakynthos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Zakynthos »

all you kosmina lovers are going to go down one day, and there are a few of you especially on the main forum that love Publicizing the local lego league

the truth hurts hey?

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Zakynthos wrote:

fred goldstone, your points are valid, but the impression i get hearing from the post interviews from arnold like yourself is that the socceroos put the blame on the heat

i read one of the articles or heard that oman doesnt have the humidity that exists in thailand

you have to remember about the australian squad is that these players may be based in europe and supposedly colder weather compared to thailand but i think youl find these boys in europe train twice a day? they do various sessions, these guys are athletes, and you saw what they did in the heat to japan in the world cup, they wore japan out to the point that they overan japan in the end and won the game handsomely (remenmber in the heat)

this is with hiddinjk coaching, sadly arnold has not at all prepared them properly for this tournament, you cannot blame the conditions in thailand for socceroos performance,

compare australia to oman, thailand and iraq, and you tell me who is the best squad in terms of strength and conditioning, we are talking about stamina here, running up and down the pitch

these aussie boys train in the best facilities in europe, state of the art gyms and all, the iraq and oman boys dont have this

but what oman has is an argentine coach and iraq has a brazilian coach

:wink:
that's exactly what Australia needs as Craig Foster says

CJ
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Coach of the Aussies

Post by CJ »

I am new to this forum, and nothing special as a football player myself, however I am surprised at the anger generated against those criticising the national team.

It seems pretty clear from watching the Soceroos that they need a top-flight international coach, that Arnold isn't it, and that the incredible interest and excitement generated by Australia's World Cup success will quickly evaporate if something isn't done urgently.

Success breeds success, through money, uptake of the game, interest in the game, etc, etc, and there remains a once in a generation opportunity to capitalise on the World Cup and make both the national league and the national team world class.

This means facing facts, and not attacking those who state the obvious.

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

arnold and kosmina have to be sacked, a big name coach from overseas has to brought in to coach the socceroos. No offence to all of you but I dont want to see the game go backwards in this country. We will constantly be pushing crap uphill with the current brains trust we have.

Why do you think the players did so well under Hiddink? They were scared of him and more so had a fearful of respect of him. Tactically he new what to through at opposition sides. Brought the best out of a very impressive group of players. Now the players look at the current coaching staff ie arnold and kossie and think - who are these guys?

One of them was setting up the cones under the Hiddink regime, the other has been auditioning for the WWE. This is not a circus but the whole place is being run by clowns.
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------