Australia v Iraq....

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

apart from looking unfit and underdone australia has a few central problems that are causing the squad to under perform.

- australia's style of play has become predictable
- australia is to slow to move the ball forward
- there is not enough movement off the ball, hence why they are not moving up the park quick enough. allowing teams to settle behind ball.
- having said that, good teams will move the ball quickly and constantly and eventually work the gaps. the australian players hold onto the ball until every option closes up then they knock a 50/50 ball towards viduka and expect a miracle knock down.
- the coach is one of limited experience and does not have the technical repetoir to take on the new challenge of asian football.
- patrick kisnorbo, he is utterly terrible, he looks like a baby deer stumbling to life for the first time and at times seems to not know where he is. surely there are better defenders around than him...
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

:lol:

Listen to all the excuses, the conditions, the humidity. Because australia is so cold isn't it. As for the humidity well they knew what it was going to be like. Why didn't they take their traning camp somewhere like Cairns.

The Millwall reject getting sent off. :lol:

No excuses for this result, australia were cabernet and defended like idiots. If Iraq had a decent striker it would have been 7-1

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Hawkesy wrote::lol:

Listen to all the excuses, the conditions, the humidity. Because australia is so cold isn't it. As for the humidity well they knew what it was going to be like. Why didn't they take their traning camp somewhere like Cairns.

No excuses for this result, australia were cabernet and defended like idiots. If Iraq had a decent striker it would have been 7-1
It should have definately been 4-1. They should be ashamed. And Viduka should have stayed in retirment.

He scored a goal yes but the other 90 minutes were woeful
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

limozeen wrote:

It should have definately been 4-1. They should be ashamed. And Viduka should have stayed in retirment.

Off my head I can think of 3 decent chances that a decent striker would have scored. So I'm prepared to drop to 6-1. (but that's my final offer) :lol:

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

i really dont think archie thompson is up to international standard, thats what i honestly think, what did u make of arnolds comments post match? i have never heard a coach say that, and then viduka disagreeing with him? would be an interesting change room after the game

Tony Adams
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Tony Adams »

kisnorbo was cabernet, emerton had some glimpses but easily the worst socceroos match i have ever seen

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

The Socceroos didn't show the passion they showed in the world cup.

We were flat out there tonight and to casual.

I would love to see Arnolds press conference :shock:

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Hawkesy wrote:
limozeen wrote:

Off my head I can think of 3 decent chances that a decent striker would have scored. So I'm prepared to drop to 6-1. (but that's my final offer) :lol:
Ok, I'll see you at 6-1 :wink:
Go Reds

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Trezegoal #17 wrote:apart from looking unfit and underdone australia has a few central problems that are causing the squad to under perform.

- there is not enough movement off the ball, hence why they are not moving up the park quick enough. allowing teams to settle behind ball.
- having said that, good teams will move the ball quickly and constantly and eventually work the gaps. the australian players hold onto the ball until every option closes up then they knock a 50/50 ball towards viduka and expect a miracle knock down.
- the coach is one of limited experience and does not have the technical repetoir to take on the new challenge of asian football.
- patrick kisnorbo, he is utterly terrible, he looks like a baby deer stumbling to life for the first time and at times seems to not know where he is. surely there are better defenders around than him...
very good post, sums it up

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

olympiakos wrote:i really dont think archie thompson is up to international standard, thats what i honestly think, what did u make of arnolds comments post match? i have never heard a coach say that, and then viduka disagreeing with him? would be an interesting change room after the game
Arnold's comments were bizarre for a national coach. True, but not what I would expect him to say.
Go Reds

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

would have been interesting if the argentina match went ahead and we had kisnorbo playing on crespo and wilkshire against messi.

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Laziale wrote:would have been interesting if the argentina match went ahead and we had kisnorbo playing on crespo and wilkshire against messi.
does the word slaughter come into mind????

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

olympiakos wrote:
Laziale wrote:would have been interesting if the argentina match went ahead and we had kisnorbo playing on crespo and wilkshire against messi.
does the word slaughter come into mind????
Na more like OUT CLASSED

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

australia doesnt have any defenders as it is, and for neill to get sent off not for a bad tackle but for saying something stupid is just unforgivable, i really think we witnessed an extreme low in australian football history tonite, not so much the result, but the comments and the way the game was played, even grella was lucky not to be sent off

mr_bojangles
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mr_bojangles »

olympiakos wrote:
Trezegoal #17 wrote:apart from looking unfit and underdone australia has a few central problems that are causing the squad to under perform.

very good post, sums it up

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

As if Viduka could agree with the comment though?
Thompson's touch was found out at this level tonight so either he gets one more go or they close the book and never pick him for Australia again.
We are technically inferior to the teams we have played, we have no playmaker and barely held possesion!
I guess we have to blame the coach! He can't get the most out of our players
were as Hiddink could get it!
Need a coach who is ABOVE the players and therefore can tell them how it is!
If arnold wants to tell off Kewell etc. he has no one to replace him with, whereas hiddink can make a change and has the experience to make a tactical switch to cover a certain player!

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

pires7 wrote:As if Viduka could agree with the comment though?
Thompson's touch was found out at this level tonight so either he gets one more go or they close the book and never pick him for Australia again.
We are technically inferior to the teams we have played, we have no playmaker and barely held possesion!
I guess we have to blame the coach! He can't get the most out of our players
were as Hiddink could get it!
Need a coach who is ABOVE the players and therefore can tell them how it is!
If arnold wants to tell off Kewell etc. he has no one to replace him with, whereas hiddink can make a change and has the experience to make a tactical switch to cover a certain player!
yes very true, imagine if he has said "yeh its true most of us dont want to be here" oh my i can imagine the reaction from the fans............

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Even scarier is the fact that we have played Oman and Iraq. I mean who the hell are half the players in these sides???

But!!!!! The Omani and Iraqi players want to play and ar PASSIONATE. That's why they beat our mob of idiots.
Go Reds

Iraqi
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Iraqi »

I'm from Iraq and just want to say you got PWND 2day,
U think Asia is peace of cake???
Face it, u got PWND ...... :lol:

And please go play with your kangoroos 4 god sake !!!
Last edited by Iraqi on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Iraqi wrote:I'm from Iraq and just want to say you got PWND 2day,
yeh im glad u are from iraq, thats very nice, and yes we got PWND??????

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Well done., Yes I will go and play with my Kangaroo after I put my pet Koala to bed.
Go Reds

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

and u go and build ur country

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

limozeen wrote:Even scarier is the fact that we have played Oman and Iraq. I mean who the hell are half the players in these sides???

But!!!!! The Omani and Iraqi players want to play and ar PASSIONATE. That's why they beat our mob of idiots.
that's a big part of the problem, these countries arent as cabernet as australia think. australia U20s were eliminated by Laos

mr_bojangles
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mr_bojangles »

Laziale wrote:
limozeen wrote:Even scarier is the fact that we have played Oman and Iraq. I mean who the hell are half the players in these sides???

that's a big part of the problem, these countries arent as cabernet as australia think. australia U20s were eliminated by Laos
too true

just cuase it's not the EPL doesnt mean it's cabernet

the patient
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by the patient »

lack of Discipline. tactically and professionaly. some of those boys out there in the green and gold consider themselves untouchable. They knew Guus took no cabernet, he enforced that if they dont do the job they r asked, he will replace them with someone else who will.

that isnt happening under Arnold. i read an article on an interview Craig Foster did on the radio after the Oman match, he summed my thoughts up completly. the players have begun to do things they never did under Guus.... why? cause either Arnold isnt instructing them correctly, or they just do what they want either way.

a far cry from the unit we saw at the world cup.

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

The players and supporters got ahead of themselves and cocky.

If you can talk the talk then you can walk the walk.

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

the team at the world cup looked as though they could beat anyone, i had such confidence in that team, it just proves that the coach is the big difference

Iraqi
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Iraqi »

olympiakos wrote:

Ok, it's just a game. I dodn't mean any disrespect at all.
To be honest, I still can't believe you lost to our shitty Team !!! some of your players can't even walk on the field. I want to know what u gonna do with Soth corea, japan or Iran?
Imagine we lost 2-1 with the same team we have to Iran B-team about month ago. they didn't have one of ther main players in their B-team.
What's the problem with australia ?

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Iraqi wrote:
olympiakos wrote:

To be honest, I still can't believe you lost to our shitty Team !!! some of your players can't even walk on the field. I want to know what u gonna do with Soth corea, japan or Iran?
Imagine we lost 2-1 with the same team we have to Iran B-team about month ago. they didn't have one of ther main players in their B-team.
u should be very proud of ur team, they played very well, i wouldnt call them shitty at all, that tag belongs to australia

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Iraqi wrote:
olympiakos wrote:

We won't have to worry abour Korea, Japan or Iran. We won't get out of the group stage
Go Reds