TTG Coaching Situation

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

dalglish
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: ttg and the coach without balls

Post by dalglish »

over the past 2 seasons what has the turn out been like at gully training.. has the
problem always been there or is it new.. sounds like the whole club needs to look at itself :

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

It is very unfortunate because TTG have lost a good coach and a good person.... But for a club who wants to make it to Div 1 they need some commitment and responsibility from its players.
I know Brad had some problems with a few players last year , not knowing until the Sunday if certain players would be turning up. But he was willing to put up with that and that i believe has breeded contempt into the current squad. Believing they have no need to train as they will get a game anyway.

topcorner
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by topcorner »

Forza, i agree we have lost a good coach. I'm a TTG player and have been impressed by the training drills set out by Claudio. I believe that the Gullies would have prospered under his leadership!
In regards to the people not turning up for training, there is a small minority in which this applies to. At the start of the season, Claudio set out guidelines that players would only play if they trained at least one night a week. As soon as it came to preseason games he turned on them guidelines and played people who hadnt trained. if he was true to his words he would have recruited the reserve players that had been to every training session!
i feel that he is a good coach, but definately turned his back on the large number of people who were willing to put in the effort. That i dont agree with!
No one likes us, We dont care!

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

If thats true then i agree with you, a coach who sets the guide lines can not afford to let them slip when it suits him as he then loses respect...... But from what i am told there was a lot of C players training , not B players.....

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

Forza Roma wrote:Listen Silver Fox, the coach did commit to the team, but did the team commit to him? I'll tell you now that no coach worth his salt would stay at a club that only 6 players turn up to trainng..... So don't go putting all the blame on the coach, have a look at the boys who don't give a stuff about the club.
When the coach came to the club he did not know what team he had, I do not think he had much imput into attracting new players and who was capable of playing 1st team. Instead of working with whatever it was he had he kept hoping different players would come out. When these players didn't show he was very negative about what to do. I dont think he realised he was now coaching an amateur team of guys between 18-40 who are in the raaf,work 12 hour days, own there own businesses and that getting to training every wed -Fri aren't as high on the priority list as those at Modbury who are 19-22 and hang out to train and breathe football.
He was a good coach with good ideas and a pity he left,but in saying that the club is bigger than one person. We will all be training Wednesday,the senior players will step up and show their leadership we will work hard and come Sunday after Easter will be ready to take on Florina.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

Thats great Lance, perhaps ya should of all stood up before he pulled the pin hey....

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Well said Lance !! I get a good laugh out of those who come on here and put there 2 bobs worth in, its amazing how many wannabe expert coaches,players and chairmen come on hear and say there bit about other clubs,open your mouths at your own clubs!!! These fools probably cant wait to see any club have issues, then bag the F*&%$ out that club (get a life)!! All I will say is at the Gully, Family and work come first and thats all you can ask for at an amatuer club !! This issue will be dealt with quickly and as I know all the boys at the gully are ready for the coming season !! As from Wednesday Jimmy Mitchell will be the interum coach.For all those who want to come on hear and keep putting in shite ....Go ahead !! But be ready to cop it back in your face when the Gully do well this year !! See all the Gully boys Wednesday night !!!
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

im pretty sure the person who started the post identified themselves as a gully person
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

both lance and gully boyz say the players will be training on wednesday. be ready for florina next week and gully will have a good season. huh/
how come they'll train now and not when theyve got what they admit was a good coach.

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Forza Roma wrote:Listen Silver Fox, the coach did commit to the team, but did the team commit to him? I'll tell you now that no coach worth his salt would stay at a club that only 6 players turn up to trainng..... So don't go putting all the blame on the coach, have a look at the boys who don't give a stuff about the club.
And you get this info from where ?????????

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

mahluf wrote:both lance and gully boyz say the players will be training on wednesday. be ready for florina next week and gully will have a good season. huh/
how come they'll train now and not when theyve got what they admit was a good coach.
Mahloof, as I said in my post!!, but you keep trying mate your doing a good job keep it up!!! :roll:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:Well said Lance !! I get a good laugh out of those who come on here and put there 2 bobs worth in, its amazing how many wannabe expert coaches,players and chairmen come on hear and say there bit about other clubs,open your mouths at your own clubs!!! These fools probably cant wait to see any club have issues, then bag the F*&%$ out that club (get a life)!! All I will say is at the Gully, Family and work come first and thats all you can ask for at an amatuer club !! This issue will be dealt with quickly and as I know all the boys at the gully are ready for the coming season !! As from Wednesday Jimmy Mitchell will be the interum coach.For all those who want to come on hear and keep putting in shite ....Go ahead !! But be ready to cop it back in your face when the Gully do well this year !! See all the Gully boys Wednesday night !!!
Great bloke Jimmy Mitchell.
I had him as player coach at Elizabeth Downs in 1984 and 1985 along with Charlie Tunbridge.
Jimmy has heaps of Federation experience playing with Para Hills, Enfield, Campbelltown etc.
( he tried to convince me to play at Campbelltown and I had the pleasure of training with the great, late Robbie Parks for several weeks - one of SA best keepers IMO)

Jimmmy's dad (Jim) was a professional in Scotland I believe and of course his brother David played for Australia and a good number of clubs overseas.
Jimmy and Charlie coached Elizabeth Downs to Division 2 league winners in their first season 1984.
I hope the guys at Gully listen to him as he has a wealth of knowledge about the game.
Southern Knights SC - 2024 - Celebrating 30 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Pele
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pele »

Forza Roma wrote:Inter mid table at best
In your dreams mate, i watched them tonight beat PHW 2-1
they played solid, kept going and deserved the win.
Under Brad they will have a good year and will be difficult to beat especially at home

Dannymills
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dannymills »

have to agree inter played well
gully had a strong set up last year but may have lost a few???
its gonna be difficult but from what i saw last year gully should be pushing
this season providing they have kept the core and inter will be right up there too.
no one else in the league good enough last year or this year

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Pele wrote:
Under Brad they will have a good year and will be difficult to beat especially at home
Inter did ok tonight but should improve if Leroy and Horsborough come back and add some experience and depth,

youngster up front looked ok for a Inter - a good pick up for them

Tony Adams
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Tony Adams »

Mr X wrote:
Pele wrote:
Inter did ok tonight but should improve if Leroy and Horsborough come back and add some experience and depth,

youngster up front looked ok for a Inter - a good pick up for them
very good pick up, also had colin out with other commitments, much better feel about the club this year
"Victoria Concordia Crescit"

5cougars
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 5cougars »

[quote="Mr X"][quote="Pele"][quote="Forza Roma"]Inter mid table at best[/quote]

Under Brad they will have a good year and will be difficult to beat especially at home[/quote]

youngster up front looked ok for a Inter - a good pick up for them[/quote]

actually i think they looked ok with the team they had in the first half.
Disciplined in defense and forced PHW into a lot of long balls.
Things changed just when they brought on the striker to replace one of the wide midfielders ( why did he come off ? ) game become more open as both teams left holes at the back trying to win the game.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

As a player who changed clubs at the start of this season it was very important to me to be at a club where a lot of people were training and putting in 100% effort during training. Such an environment motivates you and breeds enthusiam. IMO, Coaches have a responsibility to get new players out and the current players have a responsibility to impress them and keep them there.

THE DUKE
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by THE DUKE »

I can see why the coach quit.....If no one trains and the people in charge let it go then the blame stops with the people who run the club. Stop pointing the finger and look abit closer to home :evil:
Its a mans game......get over it!

Fork Sake
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fork Sake »

topcorner wrote:Forza, i agree we have lost a good coach. I'm a TTG player and have been impressed by the training drills set out by Claudio. I believe that the Gullies would have prospered under his leadership!
In regards to the people not turning up for training, there is a small minority in which this applies to. At the start of the season, Claudio set out guidelines that players would only play if they trained at least one night a week. As soon as it came to preseason games he turned on them guidelines and played people who hadnt trained. if he was true to his words he would have recruited the reserve players that had been to every training session!
i feel that he is a good coach, but definately turned his back on the large number of people who were willing to put in the effort. That i dont agree with!
This happens everywhere, not just TTG. Coaches are rated on how the 1st team performs. If they lose, it's a reflection on the coach. Because of this coaches will always tend to 'go back' on their word, as at the end of the day they need to field the 'best' 11.
Not the 11 who show up to training.
Instead of bagging the coach for 'turning his back' on the club, bag the players who don't show up & make life hard for him!
How long would TTG last in the top flight with only C grade players?
All shit aside, good luck for the season lads.
Golden Greek wrote:You can't punish Sydney. it's in the FFA constitution.
ImageImage

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

Coaches are rated on how the 1st team performs?????[quote][/quote]
things happen for a reason

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

robinfriday10 wrote:Coaches are rated on how the 1st team performs?????
Close but no cigar.

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

Farmer Joe wrote:
As a player who changed clubs at the start of this season it was very important to me to be at a club where a lot of people were training and putting in 100% effort during training. Such an environment motivates you and breeds enthusiam. IMO, Coaches have a responsibility to get new players out and the current players have a responsibility to impress them and keep them there.
couldnt agree more farmer joe. i have to admit that there are a few gully players who could make a bit more of a commitment but its being painted on here much worse than it is .....my prediction gully will be top two this season.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Best for Gully to just focus on what will be rather than what was or what might have been.
For the time Jimmy Mitchell will focus the 1st team, just stay focussed !
Southern Knights SC - 2024 - Celebrating 30 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

The GREEN & GOLD
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The GREEN & GOLD »

sounds like the team doesnt need a coach :lol: :lol: :lol:

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Forza Roma wrote: the idiots who just wanna play Sunday Arvo...

It is amateurs mate.

pork belly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pork belly »

GULLY BOYZ a mate tod me that maybe you should check out your own web site rather than be on here arguing with all this crap. It appears that you cant afford to lose any players (unless its the ones that like to come and go as they please and have an influence on who will be the next coach). I know lots of dedicated players, life members and supporters that just want to watch their team every week without the club trying to self destruct

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

topcorner wrote:Forza, i agree we have lost a good coach. I'm a TTG player and have been impressed by the training drills set out by Claudio. I believe that the Gullies would have prospered under his leadership!
It is a tough one but sometimes tough calls have to be made and if a player doesn't train, he may need to be dropped.

I can really only comment on my club and if you have to train twice even to make the ressies side. At least 1/2 to 3/4 of our C team train twice a week. Not everyone can due to work and family reasons but Simo is very strict on it. When Simo first came to Ingle Farm, they didnt do much of preseason and use to get 10-20 on a Thursday night to training. Now a days, we get about 40-50 both Tuesday and Thursday. He wasn't afraid to let a player leave if they didnt want to train or train hard. To the clubs credit, they have always backed him.

Not only do you have to train twice, training is hard!

silver fox
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by silver fox »

I started this topic becouse i was unhappy with what has happened with TTG I have only been going over there watch them for a couple of years.
My son plays there .. May be i compare this to what i remember from england? Ive had a week or so to get over it but im still pissed ....I know cabernet happens.

They all know who I am.( nothing to hide) Ive never tried to cause problems but as ive said sh,t happens ,the thing that I find strange is the way topics change.The one thing thats turned my head is when Forza Roma said on this forum that the committiee at TTG where told mid week that he (the coach) was going to jack. (he must be modbury)...Now ive been told that the chairman of TTG was told about 15 mins before the game finished that the coach was on his way thats just before the coach climbed it to his car,... now some ones telling porkies? At the end of the day TTG had just lost 2-1 to a team that had finished 3rd / 4th in div one last year a good alround performance..(not bad with a few players missing)
.....Now how comes I was told again before any thing happened and i know cabernet all,

I would also like to take this openatunity to wish new (part time) coach jimmy Mitchlle all the best for the new season i know he wont take any cabernet!

silver fox
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by silver fox »

Ill try to spell it out for you..... Jim told the TEA TREE GULLY committee that he would not continue past Fridays game against Parafield.....
:evil: some ones telling porkies!