SASI

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: SASI

Post by pulse »

How come Steven Pepper didn't make it, in my mind he is better then some people who did make it to be quite frank. And also if most of the kids who did make SASI in 2009 were involved in the embarrassing venture to Coffs Habour which saw them finish in 9th, SASI have their work cut out for them I say. :lol:

"now thats sexy football"

TiTi Thierry Henry
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TiTi Thierry Henry »

people are finally waking up to just how good SASI is
the problem is the coaches dont work on the little things in the game
for an example
in a pro match watch what the professionals do before they reach the ball
they are on their toes and their body is facing where space is plus before the ball reaches them they have had a glance up to see where the space is (dont believe me, then watch Jermaine Jenas, Fabregas, Lampard they all do it and thats why they hardly ever get caught holdin the ball)
they dont teach that at grassroots or any junior level
when your at training and you are doing a passing exercise your standing with a partner with a few yards of space between eachother passing the ball across to each other thats teaching you at an unconcious level to always recieve the ball square when we should be receving the ball on our toes and body at an angle
SOLUTION: have a group of three or four and have the lads passing the ball at angles so it teaches them to open their game up and get them looking up before they pass
thats just one of the problems with South Australias development program
and you dont get this kind of training with State League coaches or Tri-Athletes
this comes from experience and you need somone like Milan who would know alot about developing youngsters
just what i think :wink:

lets_talk_soccer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by lets_talk_soccer »

91132 wrote:Just saw the 2009 SASI players.Some good players.Radice is a great,gutsy player,Havey also.But Christopher Vounasis!!Watched him this year,not up to SASI standard,didnt even play in the 15's,was called in last minute and replaced a couple of good defenders.Played very poorly in Coffs Harbour.Jordan Elsey!Not bad,but makes you wonder how he can get into SASI when he's a bench player at Para Hills.I spose the fact that his dad is Elvis Markov's trainer would'nt of hurt his chances.I believe SASI,in particular Mr's Markov and Clarke should attend more Junior football games and pick players that are worthy.We have ex players of the calibre like Milan Ivanovic who have to resort to holding clinics to stay involved in the game.The reason people like him are not in the "system" is because he would show most of these so called coaches up. Mr Markov has a lot to answer for after his team finished 9th in Coffs Harbour.And that is out of 12 teams!!There are players fresh out of the game who I've seen train kids,Ritchie Aligich,Ross Aloisi.These are the people we need to train our Juniors.Players who have achieved at national and international level.Not people like Elvis Markov and Noel Clark who struggled at the lowest of state league.Out of the 10 boys listed,maybe 2-3 deserve to be there.I've watch all the players listed since they were young and believe me,there are much better players out there that the state and SASI teams have not even looked at.
Jordan Elsey is a great player and deseves to be in sasi, he isnt a bench player for Parahills 15s he started every game

pork belly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pork belly »

TiTi Thierry Henry I attended all the training sessions (as a parent) for the 14s development squad and the the jist of nearly every session was about the body shape of the boys when recieving the ball. What you state should happen(which is correct) was pushed on the boys all the time. Whether or not the players could execute the skill is another thing, maybe they shouldnt have been selected? Did the coaches make some strange choices for Coffs? Yes. Was my son selected? No Sour grapes? No. What my son has learnt from the coaching staff has improved his game big time and both he and myself are grateful for the experience.

pork belly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pork belly »

Just a thought, could the raeson for some of the "best" players not being picked for SASI be the cost? $650 plus club fees and other members of the family playing sport can get costly

Modburys Alive
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Modburys Alive »

If a player is good enough it doesnt matter where they play, they will be spotted.
From what i have read hear you all are focusing on Under 14s mainly and really they are the minoraty in SASI.
As for refering to tax payers, most parents of SASI players would be paying plenty tax! (i know of a couple that could be funding a team!)
The 14 ys old boys going into SASI that are not up to the standard will be weeded out. There is a long way to go from SASI, this is just one path way.
The success rate for SASI is way higher than previously suggested, you only need to do the research, and I'm no scholar!

To be successful in life you need to be persistant, and sport is no different. :)

aufc_123
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by aufc_123 »

Modburys Alive wrote:If a player is good enough it doesnt matter where they play, they will be spotted.
From what i have read hear you all are focusing on Under 14s mainly and really they are the minoraty in SASI.
As for refering to tax payers, most parents of SASI players would be paying plenty tax! (i know of a couple that could be funding a team!)
The 14 ys old boys going into SASI that are not up to the standard will be weeded out. There is a long way to go from SASI, this is just one path way.
The success rate for SASI is way higher than previously suggested, you only need to do the research, and I'm no scholar!

To be successful in life you need to be persistant, and sport is no different. :)
It doesn't matter how much tax their parents are paying, do you think their tax dollars are the only paying for SASI, everyones tax dollars are. That's like saying that only Adelaide United fans tax dollars will pay for a new stadium. :lol:

evh5150
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by evh5150 »

Some interesting comments.Must agree with a few.TiTi Thierry Henry is correct in his comments.Milan would be a great coach for kids.I bet Elvis Markov or Noel Clarke couldnt tell you what its like to play against AC Milan in the Champions league or lining up and marking Maradona in 1987.Steven Pepper was told he was only a culb level player.He is perfectly balanced,left and right footed and has good vision,just like his uncle,Fred Aguis.The $650 is for the State development squad,not SASI.Modburys Alive's comments are confusing.Shouldnt kids at 14 already have started to be developed?When would you think is the right time to start?At 14,you already know if a kid has got it or not.In closing,I would like to say to all of you that have mis-interpreted my comments. The SASI progam is a well structured one.We just need the right coaches.Funny how I heard today that 2 players in the SASI 1st team have left to go and be coached by Damien Mori and Rocky Aloisi.
PS:Modbury's Alive.Go and do some reaserch.You'll be shocked.And dont be fooled by The SASI web site.I know a lot of these guys and they'll tell you the same thing.SASI need better coaches.

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

:evil: weak as piss :!: that's people that have the balls to name people but not their own :P

:mrgreen: you come on here & tell us how bad he is, that one has no experience, he's of poor quality, blah blah blah :clown: who the hell are you :?: :oops:
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

So who left to be coached by Mori & Aloisi?
Find that a bit hard to believe.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

Pinga
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pinga »

no-one, it was supposedly Chris Pepe and Joe Costa but they are both staying at SASI.

Kop
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kop »

first of all sasi and the 14 and 15 development squads DO teach players how to position themselves when receiving the ball, that's probably the most focused on exercise at training, you'd have to be pretty stupid to compare these kids to top professionals like lampard!
The whole reason for development squads and sasi are to develop the players and unless you attend every match, every training session and listen to every team talk you have no idea what they are teaching them.
It is $650 give or take for sasi, something because the sports institute lost too much money last season therefore need to raise it
and the letters that were sent out were the selection letters, not for trials, or else the kids wouldn't of been given scholarship contracts to sign on Friday night!
TORRES # 1

Y.N.W.A

TiTi Thierry Henry
Apprentice
Apprentice

Kop wrote:first of all sasi and the 14 and 15 development squads DO teach players how to position themselves when receiving the ball, that's probably the most focused on exercise at training, you'd have to be pretty stupid to compare these kids to top professionals like lampard!
The whole reason for development squads and sasi are to develop the players and unless you attend every match, every training session and listen to every team talk you have no idea what they are teaching them.
It is $650 give or take for sasi, something because the sports institute lost too much money last season therefore need to raise it
and the letters that were sent out were the selection letters, not for trials, or else the kids wouldn't of been given scholarship contracts to sign on Friday night!

1st of all i wasnt comparing the kids to Lampard, if u read it !carefully! u might spot that i used those players as examples :wink:
and 2nd
if they teach that at SASI thats great but i went to a few SASI matches last season and well
i gotta say not a lot of those players were doing it :(
so u cant really say they work on it and if they do they dont work on it hard enough
because isnt it how you play is a reflection of how you train
like the old saying goes "the way you train is the way you play"
but i must be missing something :?:

Yasou Re
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Yasou Re »

91132 wrote:Just saw the 2009 SASI players.Some good players.Radice is a great,gutsy player,Havey also.But Christopher Vounasis!!Watched him this year,not up to SASI standard,didnt even play in the 15's,was called in last minute and replaced a couple of good defenders.Played very poorly in Coffs Harbour.Jordan Elsey!Not bad,but makes you wonder how he can get into SASI when he's a bench player at Para Hills.I spose the fact that his dad is Elvis Markov's trainer would'nt of hurt his chances.I believe SASI,in particular Mr's Markov and Clarke should attend more Junior football games and pick players that are worthy.We have ex players of the calibre like Milan Ivanovic who have to resort to holding clinics to stay involved in the game.The reason people like him are not in the "system" is because he would show most of these so called coaches up. Mr Markov has a lot to answer for after his team finished 9th in Coffs Harbour.And that is out of 12 teams!!There are players fresh out of the game who I've seen train kids,Ritchie Aligich,Ross Aloisi.These are the people we need to train our Juniors.Players who have achieved at national and international level.Not people like Elvis Markov and Noel Clark who struggled at the lowest of state league.Out of the 10 boys listed,maybe 2-3 deserve to be there.I've watch all the players listed since they were young and believe me,there are much better players out there that the state and SASI teams have not even looked at.
You say one player came in late and replaced a couple of good defenders, well he can't be that bad to replace 2 defenders. Heard he played one trial game with SASI and played a full game and and Noel and Neil Tait told a group of us that he was best on ground that day. Sounds that it could be a case of sour grapes i say. You shouldn't hide behind a user name and come on the forum and bag the youngsters. This kid I know for a fact has no parental connection to state selectors or SASI selectors. The kid got asked to trial, so he did. From what I've been told out of the 16 boys that went to Coffs i heard that Paul Radice and Jordan Elsey were the standouts from SA.

Juve1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Juve1 »

I've read with interest the comments of late on the SASI subject,the selection process and in particular, the U14's development squad.There are some very valid points made and some not.As a parent of a boy who is in both programs,and who witnessed the performance of Elvis Markov's team in Coffs Harbour,I'd have to say 91132 has made some valid comments.91132 is not "bagging" any players but is questioning the selection of some boys in both the Coff's team and the 2009 SASI teams and if,like me ,any of you were at the Nationals in Coffs,you would understand.To finish 9th out of 12 teams was both dissappionting and embarrassing and the question must be asked on the boys selection.Its not the boys fault on there selection(although I must agree that it is wrong to have a parent involved when his son is fighting for a spot),but the selection in it self.Yes,Paul Radice was the only stand out,the SASI boys who played under performed and a late selection boy played very poorly.The squad looked quite balanced during the year with some good performances against older teams,then the wheels fell off.Elivs Markov has a lot to answer for.So to Noel Clarke.After all,they chose the boys for SASI and Coffs Harbour.The SASI and Development programs are well developed programs but are not executed correctly.The wrong coaches are in place.This is where the problem is.We need people who have played at high levels and can translate their expirience to the boys.The problem stems from the top,the people that employ "coaches" like Clarke and Markov.Both these gentlemen are not of high standard,have not played at a high level ,cannot interact with their players and are quite frankly not approachable people.They are dealing with young boys who need to be taught.We need people fresh out of playing.Ritchie Alagic came to training on 1 occasion and he was exellent.The boys confidence grew enormously,they trained great and enjoyed the expirience.He is employed by the FFSA,why not have him coach or select?If you have ever been to an U14's training session,you'd see what Im talking about.The majority of these boys are intimidated by Mr Markov.You cant demand respect,you earn it.Good luck to all the boys who made it,I hope for you,and my son's sake ,that things change this year and that we get better results.

pork belly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pork belly »

Well said Juve 1

Juve1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Juve1 »

Yasou re,the player in question did not "replace" 2 players,hence making him a stand out.Noel Clarke bought him in.He doesnt play as a defender at his club and if you were in Coffs Harbour,you would've seen how poorly this boy played.Its no fault of his that he was selected.If he was that good,why didnt Mr Markov spot him earlier?Thought that's what a state coach is supposed to do.You quoted 2 players as stand outs.Believe me,you got one right. And it wasnt Jordan.Not many standouts when you finish 3rd last!!!!!

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Is it just me, or are some of these posts from different users looking remarkably similar?

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

91132 how gutless to come on here & bag a kid like Chis who you have maybe seen play once or twice. The kid then has to read your crap on here. Whether he had a good Coffs or not is irrelevant. I'm sure your own son doesn't play brilliantly every single game.
You say your a SASI parent that wants his kid out of the program & then bag Noel & Elvis in a forum they have no come back in. Buddy take your kid & go back to your club program which is a million years behind SASI.
Any points you raise which may have some credence are thrown out the window by your once again gutless attack on Chris.
By the way my son is in SASI too.
What more i openly invite you to approach me. He wears the number 14.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

Modburys Alive
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Modburys Alive »

Keyser-Söze my point was why bring the Tax payer arguement into it, we all pay Tax! And that tax goes towards everything that we do not just soccer....... :roll: we probebly pay tax for some of your family members? Do people complain to you. (dont get all defensive its just an example) :lol:

This has turned into a whinge session about SASI, again if you look at all the boys that have gone on to play successful high level soccer within Australia alone, they cant be doing to bad.

What one coach sees is always different from another!

Yasou Re

Post by Yasou Re »

91132 or Juve 1 whoever you decide to post as. 5 posts as 91132 and 2 posts as Juve 1. From your posts how can you blame the Coffs performance on one new inclusion. He sat 1 whole game on the bench over there, the team still didn't get a result and they played your so called original line up. We know who you are. I think its time you wiped some of that steam off your glasses and pulled that camera out of your muscat and grow up and stop these attacks on kids! I also heard that there was a new inclusion into SASI from Modbury. This lad was never in State and gets a call up to SASI. Obviously Noel sees something in this boy. Good luck to him but no-one has had anything to say about him. Soccer is a team sport not an individual sport one players off game doesn't lose tournaments.

BocaChiefs
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BocaChiefs »

Just out of curiousity how many players from this years SASI team are going to playing first team soccer for a Super League club? And also how many ex sasi players have done that in the past?
Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

As long as the sun comes up there will be "robust discussions" around selection for sporting teams, especially in sports where the majority of the selection is done on a "subjective" basis, it is much simpler in sports like Athletics or swimming where the time clock or measuring tape is king. There is no simple answer to this issue and the ongoing debate is healthy as long as it is not directed personally at the kids themselves. By all means we should always look to improve the coaching and playing standards but to constantly carp about this player or that player is not really getting us anywhere.

Good luck to those that have been invited to trials, and good luck to those who make the final squad. For those who miss out, there are plenty of other options out there and if your goal in life is to play the game professionally then you have to adopt a professional attitude to the decisions that are made.

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Of course selections will be subjective & debate can be healthy re the programs merits or otherwise.
My issue is that a father who's son got cut comes on here & bags another kid, not only that, he names him publically for all including the kid himself to read.
Well it was just so obvious to the other parents in his kid(s) age group who this bagging father is that he was all the talk last night at training even though he wasn't anywhere to be seen.
Wonder if he'll turn up Thursday then have the decency to apologise to the player & his father?
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

evh5150
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by evh5150 »

Think you've got the wrong person in mind.I was there.Still doesnt change MY opinion.

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

evh5150 wrote:Think you've got the wrong person in mind.I was there.Still doesnt change MY opinion.
I couldn't give a shite about changing your mind.
My issue is you bagged a young kid from our club. I'll be taking it up with your club shortly, trust me.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

redeye
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by redeye »

In my opinion the whole concept of SASI has lost its real reason for existance.
What was once a well thought of idea to enhance the playing abilities of talented
players of our game has gone to ruins simply because of egotistical fools who for some
reason or another get given these coaching roles simply by getting a certificate or two that
anyone can obtain.
The coaches mentioned have never played at an elite level and if one of these guys
coaching abilities are a reflection of his business activities no wonder there is a problem there.
I have it on very good authority that the coaches and team manager of the coffs harbour sojourn
reduce some players to tears with their ABUSE of the youngsters. Is that what we are to expect
from the SASI setup. Its a joke. The amount of parents that actually think that SASI is the be all and end
all of getting their Maradona sons into elite levels in this country need an urgent wake up call and seriously
it is a very worrying part of the local game. When and only when people realise letting
youngsters enjoy the game and learn in a friendly competitve nature that eventually the cream will rise to the top
and our game will propser. At the end of the day the majority YES majority of youngsters going through these so called
elite programmes will end up playing first team soccer in the super league at BEST.

Yasou Re

Post by Yasou Re »

You weren't there and you deserved to be named but we won't stoop down to your level.

LfCToRrEs9
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by LfCToRrEs9 »

[quote="MUFC_9"]The players I know who have made the SASI 2009 programme are

Jordan Elsey - Para Hills
Shaun Harvey - SASI
Dylan Willcocks - Modbury
George Hatzipanagiotis - SASI
Christopher Vounasis - West Adelaide
Jake Monaco - SASI
Angelo Varricchio - SASI
Paul Radice - Adelaide City
Giorgio Pantelis - Metro Stars
Ryan Kitto - Cumberland
David Mcridis - Comets[/quoti didnt no giorgio pantelis and ryan kitto were

and did david mcridis play comets 15s last year or what...never heard of him..?
---->Birkalla4Life<----

Image Image

TiTi Thierry Henry
Apprentice
Apprentice

LfCToRrEs9 wrote:
MUFC_9 wrote:The players I know who have made the SASI 2009 programme are

Jordan Elsey - Para Hills
Shaun Harvey - SASI
Dylan Willcocks - Modbury
George Hatzipanagiotis - SASI
Christopher Vounasis - West Adelaide
Jake Monaco - SASI
Angelo Varricchio - SASI
Paul Radice - Adelaide City
Giorgio Pantelis - Metro Stars
Ryan Kitto - Cumberland
David Mcridis - Comets[/quoti didnt no giorgio pantelis and ryan kitto were

and did david mcridis play comets 15s last year or what...never heard of him..?

david makridis played 17 As comets and 19s but had a few games with the 15s
Giorgio Pantelis is the cousin of Lucas from Adelaide United