Real Germans?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Real Germans?

Post by MegaBonus »

its not whether players like ozil and pierteson are german or english, the racial undertones of the article imply whether or not the national team should reflect the 'pureness' of race of its nationality....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:its not whether players like ozil and pierteson are german or english, the racial undertones of the article imply whether or not the national team should reflect the 'pureness' of race of its nationality....
true, and if Hitler got his way....................well, need I say more!
Ignore this signature

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

MegaBonus wrote:its not whether players like ozil and pierteson are german or english, the racial undertones of the article imply whether or not the national team should reflect the 'pureness' of race of its nationality....
That's what I said in the second or third comment. The article was essentially calling for an Italian 'Master Race' to represent gli azzurri.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Mato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mato »

yes, but what reflects purity?

eg. its pretty commonly accepted that the black players of England are English. How long untill the Balotelli's of this world are considered 'locals'?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Italian 'Master Race'
an oxymoron if ever ive heard one.................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

"oxymoron" part of that word describes megabonehead to a " t".

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

ive noticed you pick and choose which posts you respond/reply to.....you have no credibility.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Mato wrote:haha where is colossus. he would claim ozil has never even lived in germany.
Im here, why would i claim that Ozil never lived in Germany??? The truth of the matter is this, Ozil is a Turk that lives in Germany. Dont worry about the poltically correct forumite Kop, he knows the truth, and the truth is that Ozil and his parents smoke from a Turkish peace pipe (known to me as an ARGILE, dont know the Turkish name for it), he is a Muslim, he knows very well who Ataturk was, and im willing to bet that he knows his first cousin better than her own parents do so yeah, he is a Turk living in Germany and chose to play the game of Football for Germany as i would of chose Australia to play for :shock: However, he is as much Turk as i am Greek and nothing anyone says or does can/will change that FACT :wink: :arrow:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Bomber wrote:
Mato wrote:haha where is colossus. he would claim ozil has never even lived in germany.
Port are getting hammered lately so he (Col) usually goes on his "fishing holidays". :wink:
Port have been getting a hammering for 8 weeks now and im pretty sure ive posted plenty of times within those 2 months. Also, my fishing expeditions arent "holidays" Bomber, they are just another day at the office as you would probably say but thanks for thinking you know me personaly :roll: :arrow:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

COLOSSUS wrote:
Im here, why would i claim that Ozil never lived in Germany??? The truth of the matter is this, Ozil is a Turk that lives in Germany. Dont worry about the poltically correct forumite Kop, he knows the truth, and the truth is that Ozil and his parents smoke from a Turkish peace pipe (known to me as an ARGILE, dont know the Turkish name for it), he is a Muslim, he knows very well who Ataturk was, and im willing to bet that he knows his first cousin better than her own parents do so yeah, he is a Turk living in Germany and chose to play the game of Football for Germany as i would of chose Australia to play for :shock: However, he is as much Turk as i am Greek and nothing anyone says or does can/will change that FACT :wink: :arrow:

What nationality is David James? What nationality is Harry Kewell?

Are their any australians in the national side?

You're not greek, according to your beliefs on this one and other things you are garden of edenite living in australia.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Hawkesy wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:

What nationality is David James? What nationality is Harry Kewell?

Are their any australians in the national side?

You're not greek, according to your beliefs on this one and other things you are garden of edenite living in australia.
I dont know what nationality David James is (not that i really care to be honest :shock: ) and im not so sure on Harry Kewell, though im willing to bet he was born in Australia to the descendants of convicts yes or no???

Are their any Australians in the National team??? The answer is by birth therefor citizenship yes, by nationality........NO :wink:

On the last sentence of yours, im not so sure you yourself knows what you wrote??? Please explain or elaborate on your 1st attempt :?

metaldomes
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by metaldomes »

GOOD LUCY.
metal dome,snap dome,metal dome array for membrane switches.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

The Kop wrote:Germany is about the most diverse in terms of range of nationalities in Europe.
The idea of a blue eyed ranga eating a frankfurt is outdated.
This German squad pretty accurately reflects their 82m population.

People keep bring Ozil up. But he is 3rd generation Turk. Meaning he was born and bred in Germany and his parents were born and bred in Germany! How long down the line before you separate being 'Turk' from being 'German'.

If there was a 3rd generation Greek-Australian (ie Bouzanis) everyone would be up in arms if he didnt pick Australia over Greece.

Little bit kettle black sydnrome, there's every chance in Brazil 2014 Italy's forward partnership might be Okaka-Balotelli!!
That sounds good to me.

Fenerbahçe
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fenerbahçe »

The Kop wrote:Germany is about the most diverse in terms of range of nationalities in Europe.
The idea of a blue eyed ranga eating a frankfurt is outdated.
This German squad pretty accurately reflects their 82m population.

People keep bring Ozil up. But he is 3rd generation Turk. Meaning he was born and bred in Germany and his parents were born and bred in Germany! How long down the line before you separate being 'Turk' from being 'German'.

If there was a 3rd generation Greek-Australian (ie Bouzanis) everyone would be up in arms if he didnt pick Australia over Greece.

Little bit kettle black sydnrome, there's every chance in Brazil 2014 Italy's forward partnership might be Okaka-Balotelli!!
Just like how Greeks have been in Australia for over 60 years Turks have been in Germany for over 60 years.

BUT..

But there is a difference.. Turks from Germany are bought up the traditional Turkish way and go to Turkey almost every summer and speak Turkish fluently while im sure more than half of the ''Greeks'' in Australia don't even know their own language more than me which is a shame really..

As for Ozil, last time I read his parents migrated to Germany from Diyarbakir, don't know where you got your source that they're a 3rd generation Turk from..

And as for him being a Turk or German, I can't judge someone on what nationality he is but he's a Fener fan ;)

But tbh Im sick of the Turks which are so obsessed with him, he plays for Germany so get over him.
Fenerbahce SK 1907: The most successful Turkish sports club.