Darren Bent

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Darren Bent

Post by Hawkseys Double »

The one and only wrote:in the end the guy scores goals thats all there is to it where ever he is he puts the ball in the net

and to the tottenham fans he may not be a better player then defoe but as it stands he is a better goal scorer
Yes of course. But I'd rather have the player who does more for the team over a player who just scores goals. Defoe provides more than Bent and still scores goals.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Yids wrote:
The one and only wrote:in the end the guy scores goals thats all there is to it where ever he is he puts the ball in the net

and to the tottenham fans he may not be a better player then defoe but as it stands he is a better goal scorer
Yes of course. But I'd rather have the player who does more for the team over a player who just scores goals. Defoe provides more than Bent and still scores goals.
What does Defoe provide besides goals?
Feel Good Inc.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

El Capitano wrote:
Yids wrote:

Stop being lazy. Watch a Spurs game and find out for yourself.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:Stop being lazy. Watch a Spurs game and find out for yourself.
One win for Liverpool and your back to sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Go away now, your boring.
Feel Good Inc.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

El Capitano wrote:
Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:Stop being lazy. Watch a Spurs game and find out for yourself.
One win for Liverpool and your back to sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Go away now, your boring.
Yes because your nose belongs in a Darren Bent topic does it?

Get over yourself, you aren't that hot.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

El Capitano wrote:Go away now, your boring.
Feel Good Inc.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

El Capitano wrote:
El Capitano wrote:Go away now, your boring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdZlSsxbOQ&feature=fvst

0:16

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

El Capitano wrote:
Yids wrote:

Defoe drags out players to make it easier for Bale and Van Der Vaart to penetrate the opposition defense. Bent does not do this, Defoe also makes runs close to the line to assist with the wing play, again Bent does not do this.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

Yids wrote: Defoe drags out players to make it easier for Bale and Van Der Vaart to penetrate the opposition defense. Bent does not do this, Defoe also makes runs close to the line to assist with the wing play, again Bent does not do this.
Might do all that, but he's still only an average player

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

predator wrote:
Yids wrote: Defoe drags out players to make it easier for Bale and Van Der Vaart to penetrate the opposition defense. Bent does not do this, Defoe also makes runs close to the line to assist with the wing play, again Bent does not do this.
:?

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

predator wrote:

your a :clown:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

SPURS18 wrote:
predator wrote:

your a :clown:
If this were Facebook, I'd like this comment.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

like i said i wasnt saying bent was better than defoe just a better out and out goal scorer
I speak nothing but the truth

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

The one and only wrote:like i said i wasnt saying bent was better than defoe just a better out and out goal scorer
He definitely is. Bent's a great scorer.

But if I had to choose from Defoe and Bent to have in my side, it'd be Defoe all day long. Much better overall footballer.

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:
The one and only wrote:like i said i wasnt saying bent was better than defoe just a better out and out goal scorer

But if I had to choose from Defoe and Bent to have in my side, it'd be Defoe all day long. Much better overall footballer.
Bingo. This is why I leap out of bed to read Bow Ties comments, because he actually understands the game.

When we had Bent, he provided little up front, he scored goals, but don't expect him to play back to goal, play the wings or 1-2's with other players.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:

Yeah picking the injury prone striker (of late) with a lesser scoring rate is the sensible option.

As for your link, what makes you think I'm gonna open it? :lol:
Feel Good Inc.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Capitano wrote:picking the injury prone striker (of late) with a lesser scoring rate is the sensible option.
Off the top of my head, nearly every EPL player I can think of that went to the WC, has either been injured, out of form, or both, since they came back.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

El Capitano wrote:
Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:

Yeah picking the injury prone striker (of late) with a lesser scoring rate is the sensible option.

Yeah, my bad. Defoe's stats aren't as impressive. What was I thinking?

I really couldn't give a toss if you open it or not. The fact is I win.

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:
El Capitano wrote:

El Capitano, so what he has had a tough season. Every other season he has been rather reliable.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Yids wrote:
Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:
El Capitano wrote:

El Capitano, so what he has had a tough season. Every other season he has been rather reliable.
Only Rooney is allowed a rough patch. Duh.

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Oh how could I forget excuse me. I guess Berbatov is the best striker in the world now.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Yids wrote:Oh how could I forget excuse me. I guess Berbatov is the best striker in the world now.
Does it even need to be said?

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote: Yeah, my bad. Defoe's stats aren't as impressive. What was I thinking?
You finally admit you were wrong. Wasn't so hard was it?
Feel Good Inc.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Yids wrote:Oh how could I forget excuse me. I guess Berbatov is the best striker in the world now.
Best in the world is debatable. But best in the EPL? Yes.
Feel Good Inc.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

El Capitano wrote:
Bow Ties Are Cool wrote: Yeah, my bad. Defoe's stats aren't as impressive. What was I thinking?
You finally admit you were wrong. Wasn't so hard was it?
Nope. Hopefully I'll learn from this and become a better person. :cry:

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

El Capitano wrote:
Best in the world? No way.

Best in the EPL? This season yes. Other seasons, absolutely not.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Yids wrote:
El Capitano wrote:
Best in the world? No way.

Best in the EPL? This season yes. Other seasons, absolutely not.
He's only best in the EPL this season because every other world class striker in the league has been cack. Torres, Drogba and Rooney have all been underwhelming this season, so Berbatov's good run of form has come at a good time.

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Spot on Bow Ties.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Yids wrote:

Villa needed a goal scorer, so they bought one, I dont understand what all the fuss is over.

If Randy Lerner is happy to cough up 24 mill then Bent is worth 24 mill to him.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Randy gets all the credit for not being afraid to loosen the purse strings.

But really isn't that just the unspent Milner money from Sheikh Mohammed?
All evens out in the end.