Sunday Div 1 coaches for 2012

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Sunday Div 1 coaches for 2012

Post by gee_kay »

So is Simmo stayting at the farm in 2012?
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

Wow what a thread, 2 pages and not one confirmed coach for 2012 mentioned!

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

I think you have to give the guys a break first, a lot of them have been hard at it since January. I think if they make a decision now it be made mostly on emotion, usually not a good thing, need to have at least a couple of weeks away from soccer, then see how they start to feel after that.

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

The Grove can confirm that Shane Ferdinands and Paul Loftin will be our coaches for 2012.
They have done a tremendous job and achieved their goals they set out at the start of the year.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

# 10 wrote:So is Simmo stayting at the farm in 2012?
He's putting his resume together for the Arsenal job as we speak.

At our last committee meeting, it was agreed that we should do whatever it takes to get Simo to stay. It would be his 10th year, he gets the best out of players and in the last 5 years of been in Div 1, the lowest we have finished is 3rd. We'd have the best win/loss record out of any club in Div 1 over those 5 years. Simo does a lot for the club also and is one of the driving forces for the club becoming bigger and better than it has ever been.

So in the next couple of weeks, I'll invite him to the beach house, put 10 beers in him, add an extra 0 to his coaching fee and start preparing to with the 2012 title :D

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

pecker wrote:The Grove can confirm that Shane Ferdinands and Paul Loftin will be our coaches for 2012.
They have done a tremendous job and achieved their goals they set out at the start of the year.
They've done very well. Grove have been a great surprise packet this year with their results after most tipped them to be relegated. A great bunch of blokes and were great hosts and visitors. They've probably been the best away team we've had all year.

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Jay Now Hobbling wrote:

At our last committee meeting, it was agreed that we should do whatever it takes to get Simo to stay. It would be his 10th year, he gets the best out of players and in the last 5 years of been in Div 1, the lowest we have finished is 3rd. We'd have the best win/loss record out of any club in Div 1 over those 5 years. Simo does a lot for the club also and is one of the driving forces for the club becoming bigger and better than it has ever been.

So in the next couple of weeks, I'll invite him to the beach house, put 10 beers in him, add an extra 0 to his coaching fee and start preparing to with the 2012 title :D
He could be in the running on form :wink:

As far as i can remember the Farm have been consistent front runners in div 1 so he has obviously done something right. I'm suprised a fed club hasn't looked at poaching him

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

A Mature League wrote:
brooksy7 wrote:
A Mature League wrote:Just 2 rhetorical questions that can't really be answered !
1. Would Gardens been in the same position in 2011 without Michael Brooks goal scoring contribution ?
2. Would Michael Brooks have gone to Gardens if they had not won all and sundry in 2010 ?

quest 1 yes as they did it the year b4 so why not this year
quest 2 yes after talking with Cookey it was only then did I decide to commit to playing as ive said b4, due to health i was prob just going to go and watch the match of the round.

Ask urself this did Michael Brooks go to the Vale in 07 bcoz the won all in sundry as you put it, or was it bcoz of the coach then ppl you meet and play with and the friends you make along the way. At Parafield I played with Cookey back in the 80's at Salisbury so the respect
was already there from way back, then there is players like Spiby Johno and Stammy tht ive known and played with/against for years and its close to home.

Are you choosing not to read how it came about tht I landed at Parafield??? I played for a mate last year simple, god using ur analogy Fabregas can't go to Barcelona bcos he has friends at Arsenal :clown: People choose or opt to move for a variety of different reasons those of which remain a persons perogative...
Hope tht inpart helps to clarify whtever it is ur trying to say without saying it.....
...but Gardens did have the same coach and most players last year, but you didn't go there then ?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

# 10 wrote:
Jay Now Hobbling wrote:

He could be in the running on form :wink:

As far as i can remember the Farm have been consistent front runners in div 1 so he has obviously done something right. I'm suprised a fed club hasn't looked at poaching him
Lots of clubs over the years have tried, both SAASL and Feds, more than people know and more than what people who put on this forum. Lots have thrown very good money at him also. Its not money that motivates him, its success and pride. His been a very loyal servent to the club along with players like Chris & Dave Ennis, Paul Jones, Rob Greenwood, the Lara brothers, Squidy, Anthony Martini etc, etc.

As I said, I and the club are very, very, very keen to keen him on board for 2012 and give the title another decent crack.

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Hope for the Farm you convince him to go around again, respected by all around the Lge..

htfac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by htfac »

Would be an interesting, although almost impossible, task to put together a correlation between budgets and success over the years in Sunday Div 1. Take out win performance based incentives, as these are obviously high if you win the league or go close. Would make an interesting graph.
Yes coaches are important as no matter how much is on the table for incentives, a player will not go and or stay with a coach they dont respect. But as far as "coaching" goes in Sun Div 1. I think not a lot of actual "coaching" goes on, man management and tactical organization is more the key. Not enough time to coach technique etc with the little time Amatuer teams actually train.

jonnyboy10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jonnyboy10 »

i heard motts may be leavin downs :( :( not good for downs

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

jonnyboy10 wrote:i heard motts may be leavin downs :( :( not good for downs
He has to go home sometimes :D
Southern Knights SC - 2024 - Celebrating 30 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

I Love Food
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by I Love Food »

So todate we have the following news on coaches, Bud at MVSC, Motts leaving the Downs, so does that put Simmo back in the race for the Downs job??????? all very interesting.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Motts is going no where, already planning for next year. you heard crap.... :wink: :wink:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

steve10
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by steve10 »

legga wrote:Motts is going no where, already planning for next year. you heard crap.... :wink: :wink:

didn't motts have the best squad at salisbury and got religated.then at then this year had the best squad in div 1 and not even in the top 3?

Not bagging the bloke but keep hearing how good he is as a coach and recent years suggest otherwise :shock:

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Motts and Steedy popped into the Gdns clubroom on the way back from their game on Sun to congratulate us and mentioned he already had 4-5 recruits lined up for next season, unless he is told his hasnt got the job anymore then he is planning for next year. Oh and by the sounds of it a few will be moved on and not thru their own choice either :)

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

steve10 wrote:
legga wrote:Motts is going no where, already planning for next year. you heard crap.... :wink: :wink:

didn't motts have the best squad at salisbury and got religated.then at then this year had the best squad in div 1 and not even in the top 3?

Not bagging the bloke but keep hearing how good he is as a coach and recent years suggest otherwise :shock:
:?: :roll:
Most expensive you mean :lol:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

haywood djablowme wrote:Most expensive you mean :lol:
A bit rich from the Gardens?

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

OldRedback wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Most expensive you mean :lol:
A bit rich from the Gardens?

Burly in the water and looked wht came up, hope uve got a big enough line :wink:

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

steve10 wrote:

depends, its all swings and roundabouts
when the downs won back to back titles, motts assembled a good squad and took bert from vale and reevesy from inter
imho those two additions made a huge difference to that squad and enabled them to win back to back

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

brooksy7 wrote:Motts and Steedy popped into the Gdns clubroom on the way back from their game on Sun to congratulate us and mentioned he already had 4-5 recruits lined up for next season, unless he is told his hasnt got the job anymore then he is planning for next year. Oh and by the sounds of it a few will be moved on and not thru their own choice either :)
trimmers ?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Kargiotis to stay on at Pontians

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

brooksy7 wrote:Motts and Steedy popped into the Gdns clubroom on the way back from their game on Sun to congratulate us and mentioned he already had 4-5 recruits lined up for next season, unless he is told his hasnt got the job anymore then he is planning for next year. Oh and by the sounds of it a few will be moved on and not thru their own choice either :)
Hey Brooksy would you consider coaching?

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

a quick summary from all the responses to date.

Kargiotis to stay on at Pontians
The Grove can confirm that Shane Ferdinands and Paul Loftin will be our coaches for 2012
Modbury Vista will be coached by Bud again next year unless something dramatic changes
Motts Downs?
Cooky Gardens if he wants it?
Simmo stayting at the farm in 2012
Para Hills East ?
Vale ?
Salisbury Inter ?

Fullham/Florina – first of all lets see who stays up

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

steve10 wrote:

I am sure motts never said anything about having the best squad ever, and sounds like your not bagging him as well. Did he drop you at salisbury or something. You obviosly dont know the bloke or have seen what he brings to the club.. I am sure there are plenty of good coaches around while still not being in the top three, just ask the people at brahma lodge or the bungers at the vale,your case is full of holes you buffoon... :shock:

steve10
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by steve10 »

legga wrote:
steve10 wrote:

I am sure motts never said anything about having the best squad ever, and sounds like your not bagging him as well. Did he drop you at salisbury or something. You obviosly dont know the bloke or have seen what he brings to the club.. I am sure there are plenty of good coaches around while still not being in the top three, just ask the people at brahma lodge or the bungers at the vale,your case is full of holes you buffoon... :shock:
i dont think my post mentioned he said he had the best squad did it. I thought he had the best squad in the league. Day agars macca lindsay etc. also i do know him.Hope planning goes well for next season and hes up there challenging for the title :wink:

#Thirteen
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by #Thirteen »

# 10 wrote:Kargiotis to stay on at Pontians

Is that confirmed??

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

i dont think my post mentioned he said he had the best squad did it. I thought he had the best squad in the league. Day agars macca lindsay etc. also i do know him.Hope planning goes well for next season and hes up there challenging for the title :wink:[/quote]

Yeah ok me bad :wink: :wink: I think with it being and important year next year he was always going to stick around and will always be on the lookout to improve the squad...

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

The facts are legga the DOWNS were everyones title favourites at the start of the season & aguably so with the squad MOTTS got together.
I'm not bagging Motts at all because I like him & I do think he is a good coach,
but to finish 4th or 5th in the League & to get knocked out of the Cup in the 1st Round with the squad that he had,
like the die hard Downs Supporters even he will be very disappointed.
Who knows why the Downs underachived this season injuries, player cohesion, luck what ever reason,
I'm sure if you asked Motts he will put up his hand & say the buck stop here.

Coaches Live & Die by Results...

With that being said isn't it funny that when a Coach does perform & gets results we all desire, it's because of the Players he has, and the support he gets.

I think It's called the Tall Poppy syndrome!

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966