sunday div 2 round 13

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: sunday div 2 round 13

Post by Knight15 »

ontheblackburner wrote:
swannsong wrote: Where did I do that ? I thought I blamed ourselves. :?
However, the decisions yesterday and how the game was handled will affect us for the next few weeks.
How many cards did Florina get yesterday ?
Interesting observation here: your defender was sent off for two clear yellows. In fact, before he got his second, he was already walking to the change room because he knew what was coming. Your second red was because one of your players intentionally threw a ball into the back of our players' head - violent conduct. Can't see anything wrong with that?

Tom Foglia (who is a very good player mind you) was only given a yellow for a very late, lunging sprigs-in tackle. I thought the ref handled that situation well. Could've easily got carried away and given Tom a straight red. But he ran over, separated the players, talked to Tom and gave him a caution.

You only saw what you wanted to yesterday mate. I thought the ref did a good job, in a physical game where your players gave as good as they got. Your number 10 kicked our keeper when he had the ball in his hands, your number 9 lashed out a few times behind play, or did you miss his kicks and elbows?

After the game that number 9 spoke to your coach and said the exact truth: you guys didn't turn up to play and you didn't play football at all.

Firstly Florina were the better team and deserved their win, no doubt
Secondly I understand we all see things differently and can be biased or very biased when it comes to our own team
Thirdly poor form naming players or highlighting numbers - unless something shocking happened
The thing that frustrates people most about referees is inconsistency - I see you acknowledge that you could have had far more bookings then the one you got - which was for kicking out at our player and throwing (but missing a punch) - leading to the violent ball throwing incident and our send off
You also fail to mention the fact that one of your players should have been sent off in the first 10 for a 'stray elbow' that hit our number 7 in the head - remember he was down for a few minutes?
Another player who had been fouled kicked out at one of our players when he was on the ground - right in front of the referee
Tommy was also subjected to as bad if not a worse tackle in the first half, but made the 'mistake' of getting straight up and not milking it (to be fair your player did the same)
Are you Bodo in disguise?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

On another note is it true that the referee will be filing a reort against southern knights regarding alleged racist remarks towards him
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

gee_kay wrote:On another note is it true that the referee will be filing a reort against southern knights regarding alleged racist remarks towards him
There must be an echo in this forum...should that be 'Rory' or 'report'?
You'd would have to ask him (whatever nationality/race he is ?) or the inside information you may have from Florina.
Personally I didn't hang around long and didn't venture into Florina's Clubrooms due to being called a c--t and I had my two boys with me. Similar event last time I was there, one of Florina's players used the same term at our spectators....when I said something about my two young boys being present his reply was ...'don't bring the bastards then.' Surprised to see that player in Florina's reserves yesterday...always looked one of their better players...one of the best in their Reserves yesterday.
PS - Two good goals in the Reserve game yesterday from Geoff Hulls.
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Thank goodness the Knights have not lost too many games this year. Squawksong would never stop flapping. :wink:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

East 17 wrote:Thank goodness the Knights have not lost too many games this year. Squawksong would never stop flapping. :wink:
Have to react to those accusations East 17 ...especially when they come from a journeyman who has an ankle problem from jumping on and off bandwagons :) and who wasn't at the game :wink:

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

swannsong wrote:
gee_kay wrote:On another note is it true that the referee will be filing a reort against southern knights regarding alleged racist remarks towards him
There must be an echo in this forum...should that be 'Rory' or 'report'?
You'd would have to ask him (whatever nationality/race he is ?) or the inside information you may have from Florina.
Personally I didn't hang around long and didn't venture into Florina's Clubrooms due to being called a c--t and I had my two boys with me. Similar event last time I was there, one of Florina's players used the same term at our spectators....when I said something about my two young boys being present his reply was ...'don't bring the bastards then.' Surprised to see that player in Florina's reserves yesterday...always looked one of their better players...one of the best in their Reserves yesterday.
PS - Two good goals in the Reserve game yesterday from Geoff Hulls.
Swanny, I assume you were the gentleman with the red top and the camera yesterday?
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Knight15 wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote:
swannsong wrote: Where did I do that ? I thought I blamed ourselves. :?
However, the decisions yesterday and how the game was handled will affect us for the next few weeks.
How many cards did Florina get yesterday ?
Interesting observation here: your defender was sent off for two clear yellows. In fact, before he got his second, he was already walking to the change room because he knew what was coming. Your second red was because one of your players intentionally threw a ball into the back of our players' head - violent conduct. Can't see anything wrong with that?

Tom Foglia (who is a very good player mind you) was only given a yellow for a very late, lunging sprigs-in tackle. I thought the ref handled that situation well. Could've easily got carried away and given Tom a straight red. But he ran over, separated the players, talked to Tom and gave him a caution.

You only saw what you wanted to yesterday mate. I thought the ref did a good job, in a physical game where your players gave as good as they got. Your number 10 kicked our keeper when he had the ball in his hands, your number 9 lashed out a few times behind play, or did you miss his kicks and elbows?

After the game that number 9 spoke to your coach and said the exact truth: you guys didn't turn up to play and you didn't play football at all.

Firstly Florina were the better team and deserved their win, no doubt
Secondly I understand we all see things differently and can be biased or very biased when it comes to our own team
Thirdly poor form naming players or highlighting numbers - unless something shocking happened
The thing that frustrates people most about referees is inconsistency - I see you acknowledge that you could have had far more bookings then the one you got - which was for kicking out at our player and throwing (but missing a punch) - leading to the violent ball throwing incident and our send off
You also fail to mention the fact that one of your players should have been sent off in the first 10 for a 'stray elbow' that hit our number 7 in the head - remember he was down for a few minutes?
Another player who had been fouled kicked out at one of our players when he was on the ground - right in front of the referee
Tommy was also subjected to as bad if not a worse tackle in the first half, but made the 'mistake' of getting straight up and not milking it (to be fair your player did the same)
The only reason I named him is because i knew who he was from the photos put up on here every week. TBH, I thought it would have been a harsh red if he had got it but seen players walk for less. So thought ref did weel to handle it the way he did.
#venkysout

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ontheblackburner wrote: Swanny, I assume you were the gentleman with the red top and the camera yesterday?
Good assumption !
I was the very frustrated one watching Knights playing poorly and watching the game being slowed down by delays in retrieving the match balls.
We usually leave one or two near match balls near each goal so the keeper doesn't have to retrieve the ball each time. (I tend to retieve them as I am taking photographs..as I did in the Reserve game yesterday)
When balls were left there yesterday in your A game, one of your persons would walk around and take it back to the 'bag full of balls' you had.
I assume that one might have been you....
Another gripe...(have a few on my chest today :D )There were also a couple of guys behind our goal in the first half calling out loudly "leave it" when through balls were being kicked.
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

swannsong wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote: Swanny, I assume you were the gentleman with the red top and the camera yesterday?
Good assumption !
Well, on behalf of the club, I'd like to extend an apology to you for that language used. That's completely unacceptable and we will talk to that player.

But maybe you'd like to offer an apology to to that elderly gentleman you swore at when he was collecting the balls in the second half? Or maybe to myself, who was walking with him at the time and found it utterly beyond comprehension that you'd swear at an old man, with no association to us, for simply choosing to go around and collect the balls?

Or maybe your club can send a letter of apology to our club secretary who was racially vilified by your spectators and called "Gino" because of his looks?

Rose coloured lens on that camera mate?
#venkysout

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

ontheblackburner wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Good assumption !
Well, on behalf of the club, I'd like to extend an apology to you for that language used. That's completely unacceptable and we will talk to that player.

But maybe you'd like to offer an apology to to that elderly gentleman you swore at when he was collecting the balls in the second half? Or maybe to myself, who was walking with him at the time and found it utterly beyond comprehension that you'd swear at an old man, with no association to us, for simply choosing to go around and collect the balls?

Or maybe your club can send a letter of apology to our club secretary who was racially vilified by your spectators and called "Gino" because of his looks?

Was that George ???/

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Does it matter? The fact that it happened is poor!

We have Swanny saying he was offended because he was called a horrible name and rightly so - but its okay for others at the Knights to racially vilify without a mention?
#venkysout

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Can't believe people think it is ok to swear around kids or the elderly.....Societies really gone to pack.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ontheblackburner wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Good assumption !

My only comment yesterday prior to being called a c--t (by the elderly person) yesterday was directed to you....I did call you a chardonnay because of your smugness re the match ball situation...the elderly gentleman was the one who uttered the word I mentioned !
Hope that clears it up for you.
Is calling someone 'Gino' really racial vilification :shock: Guess I'm not up with the new slang!

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

East 17 wrote:Thank goodness the Knights have not lost too many games this year. Squawksong would never stop flapping. :wink:
bit harsh given all the top quality work Swanny does for us week in week out, whether its photo's or updating league tables.... disappointing to read that post tbh
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Wish we had this sort of banter at Beograd, all we got it 'haha you're bottom' to which we replied 'haha you're folding'

It was a slow day :(

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sadly, the art of clever banter gets lost on so many these days.
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

fowler_23 wrote:
bit harsh given all the top quality work Swanny does for us week in week out, whether its photo's or updating league tables.... disappointing to read that post tbh
It's OK fowler_23 there was wink at the end :wink: I know where EAst 17 was coming from :D

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

English wrote:Wish we had this sort of banter at Beograd, all we got it 'haha you're bottom' to which we replied 'haha you're folding'

:lol: The retort is quite funny...

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

swannsong wrote: My only comment yesterday prior to being called a c--t (by the elderly person) yesterday was directed to you....I did call you a chardonnay because of your smugness re the match ball situation...the elderly gentleman was the one who uttered the word I mentioned !
Hope that clears it up for you. Is calling someone 'Gino' really racial vilification :shock: Guess I'm not up with the new slang!
Yes he did swear at you but only after he was sworn at and I'm in no position to reprimand a complete stranger. If I knew the old man or if he was involved with the club I would have asked him to walk away. YOU made the assumption he was involved with the club and thought it appropriate to swear at him and don't tell me you just called me a chardonnay, you swore at that man.

And what did I do to deserve to be called a chardonnay? We had run out of balls on the sideline and I was asked to our Prez to go collect them. You verbally abused me for no reason. I said nothing to you or your friend until you swore at me. Maybe if your team could put them in the net rather than all over the fricken park, we wouldn't be having this convo.

And if you don't understand the racial connotation behind the term "gino" maybe I can help. If I called you a "skippy", "dogger" or a "Sullivan" - would you not understand the racial undertone? If an African was called a "monkey", "baboon" or "ape" - would you not get that either.
Last edited by ontheblackburner on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#venkysout

Gardensgoon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gardensgoon »

What ever happened to "what happens on the field, stays on the field"????
Or is that become extinct now due to forums, twitter, Facebook etc.??
Same thing in another thread as well.
Leave it on the park lads. And poor form naming players about alleged incidents on here.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Steve#4 wrote:
English wrote:Wish we had this sort of banter at Beograd, all we got it 'haha you're bottom' to which we replied 'haha you're folding'

:lol: The retort is quite funny...
Remember years ago running the line at Macedonia v Adelaide Eagles where a similar retort from the Eagles to Macedonian (or vice versa) spectators was..."why don't you go back to you home country...the reply was..."well. at least we've got one.!"

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Gardensgoon wrote:What ever happened to "what happens on the field, stays on the field"????
Same thing in another thread as well.
Leave it on the park lads. And poor form naming players about alleged incidents on here.
I apologize if naming a player was a forum "no-no". All I was trying to point out was the ref handled that situation well, as that player could have easily been sent off for that tackle. I will amend the post.
#venkysout

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ontheblackburner wrote:
swannsong wrote: My only comment yesterday prior to being called a c--t (by the elderly person) yesterday was directed to you....I did call you a chardonnay because of your smugness re the match ball situation...the elderly gentleman was the one who uttered the word I mentioned !
Hope that clears it up for you. Is calling someone 'Gino' really racial vilification :shock: Guess I'm not up with the new slang!
Yes he did swear at you but only after he was sworn at and I'm in no position to reprimand a complete stranger. If I knew the old man or if he was involved with the club I would have asked him to walk away. YOU made the assumption he was involved with the club and thought it appropriate to swear at him and don't tell me you just called me a chardonnay, you swore at that man.

And what did I do to deserve to be called a chardonnay? We had run out of balls on the sideline and I was asked to our Prez to go collect them. You verbally abused me for no reason. I said nothing to you or your friend until you swore at me. Maybe if your team could put them in the net rather than all over the fricken park, we wouldn't be having this convo.

And if you don't understand the racial connotation behind the term "gino" maybe I can help. If I called you a "skippy", "dogger" or a "Sullivan" - would you not understand the racial undertone? If Anthony Michael was called a "monkey", "baboon" or "ape" - would you not get that either.
as previously stated wrote:My only comment yesterday prior to being called a c--t (by the elderly person) yesterday was directed 'to you'....I did call you a chardonnay because of your smugness re the match ball situation...the elderly gentleman was the one who uttered the word I mentioned !
Hope that clears it up for you.
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LosMerengues20
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LosMerengues20 »

So Swanny you have no problem swearing at an old man infront of your kids but cry foul if someone calls you a C__t?

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Gardensgoon wrote:What ever happened to "what happens on the field, stays on the field"????
even better its from the top two teams in div 2 who are pretty much cruising into promotion in Div 1 with 5 games to go!!!. sit back and relax guys :wink:
Im closer than you think

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

LosMerengues20 wrote:So Swanny you have no problem swearing at an old man infront of your kids but cry foul if someone calls you a C__t?
I am an an old man myself !
In this instance my boys were in the car playing on their ipods...
They were on the sideline on the previous occasion...and I repeat..."I did not swear at the "old man" prior to him swearing at me ( which possibly gives me the right to do so...maybe it doesn't ) ... all I said initialy (to the person in the Florina top) was "where are you going to hide or bury them" (referring to the match balls)...but hey, this could go on forever...he said, I said..he said

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

LosMerengues20 wrote:So Swanny you have no problem swearing at an old man infront of your kids but cry foul if someone calls you a C__t?
Would think C__t is far worse than chardonnay....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Ah the days back in 1992 when a previous Florina Chairman asked me for a copy of this history of Florina because many at the Club didn't know the Club's history....have enjoyed many good games against Florina...my first senior game was gainst Florina as a 15 year old back on Happy home Reserve nearly 40 years ago...
Also celebrated 2 Division 2 league winners at Florina in 1981 and 1984 :D
Amazing how a comment about the game can end up where it ends up...

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

swannsong wrote:Ah the days back in 1992 when a previous Florina Chairman asked me for a copy of this history of Florina because many at the Club didn't know the Club's history....have enjoyed many good games against Florina...my first senior game was gainst Florina as a 15 year old back on Happy home Reserve nearly 40 years ago...
What the heck is your point here?

Are you accusing us of being precious re the term "gino"?
#venkysout

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ontheblackburner wrote:
swannsong wrote:Ah the days back in 1992 when a previous Florina Chairman asked me for a copy of this history of Florina because many at the Club didn't know the Club's history....have enjoyed many good games against Florina...my first senior game was gainst Florina as a 15 year old back on Happy home Reserve nearly 40 years ago...
What the heck is your point here?

Are you accusing us of being precious re the term "gino"?
No !
But I think my initial summation of you on Sunday was now correct...Goodbye !