FIFA looking at Pre-Xmas WC in 2022

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: FIFA looking at Pre-Xmas WC in 2022

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Judging by this you have turned your back on Croydon and England.
I would imagine there's quite a few people who would love to turn their backs on Croydon. Absolute shithole with a terrible one-way system :D

I did some research before finding a club for my boy this year. A comment from a current PL coach was "if it was my son I'd send him to Croydon". Heard very good things about their junior set up.
That's what you're gonna get if you ask Mark Brazzale :wink:

I think we're talking about different Croydons :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I get you now, didn't properly read the one way system part.

Who is mark Brazzalle?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:I get you now, didn't properly read the one way system part.

Who is mark Brazzalle?
Croydon's (Adelaide version) coach
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

What happened to the air conditioned stadiums which was one of the key part of Qatar WC bid?

FIFA are a joke .

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

WC Final on 18th December 2022.

What a clusterfuck :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:WC Final on 18th December 2022.

Close the season for a month, not to mention only a few days break and they'll be back playing for their clubs.

I still hope leagues just refuse to change their schedules and make players choose where their loyalties are. Put in players contracts that they will make themselves unavailable for the 2022 World Cup.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:WC Final on 18th December 2022.

Close the season for a month, not to mention only a few days break and they'll be back playing for their clubs.

I still hope leagues just refuse to change their schedules and make players choose where their loyalties are. Put in players contracts that they will make themselves unavailable for the 2022 World Cup.

I understand you're frustration but that would really allowing the tail to wag the dog.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The FA's of England, Spain, Germany and France are more powerful than FIFA. Imagine if they all refused to change their league timetables.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

God is an Englishman wrote:The FA's of England, Spain, Germany and France are more powerful than FIFA. Imagine if they all refused to change their league timetables.
I suppose the league's could all be played at the same time, however any player called up for an official game would be banned from playing for their clubs.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Black_Panther wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:The FA's of England, Spain, Germany and France are more powerful than FIFA. Imagine if they all refused to change their league timetables.
I suppose the league's could all be played at the same time, however any player called up for an official game would be banned from playing for their clubs.

That would require the FA's to enforce the bans.

Also, the clubs can just put into any new contracts that they won't play in that World Cup. The players just make themselves unavailable for selection and are then able to play for their clubs.