Saturday Division Catchup Matches

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Saturday Division Catchup Matches

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

astonvilla91 wrote:
laney wrote:Modbury Jets 3 Sturt Marion 2
The jets stay in div 1 :P :D :D
As much as it's not deserved.
Well that's funny because I just received a PM from a Vipers player, displaying the sportsmanship you obviously lack, saying well done and well deserved. The only thing not deserved this year is the 2 ball playing sides that were eventually relegated from such a closely contested top flight. Comiserations to both uni and vipers and good luck to them next season repeating the feat of iggies this year.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Chade wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:score for Hahndorf C2 vs Adelaide Uni (3)?
Which division?

The div 5 match didn't go ahead, because whoever organised and confirmed on Hahndorf's end forgot to tell the coach and players... :?
That was Division 4A
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Brian_7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brian_7 »

Rhino wrote:
astonvilla91 wrote:
laney wrote:Modbury Jets 3 Sturt Marion 2
The jets stay in div 1 :P :D :D
As much as it's not deserved.
Well that's funny because I just received a PM from a Vipers player, displaying the sportsmanship you obviously lack, saying well done and well deserved. The only thing not deserved this year is the 2 ball playing sides that were eventually relegated from such a closely contested top flight. Comiserations to both uni and vipers and good luck to them next season repeating the feat of iggies this year.
I certainly hope that it doesn't take us 2 years to come back up.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

I know Div 3 isn't sorted out yet, but if you assume USC Lion and Hahndorf (if they keep their ex-Hills Hawks players) go up given their respective positions, will make it even tougher to bounce straight back.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Brian_7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brian_7 »

No doubt it won't be easy to come straight back up and we will probably need to retain most of our current squad and recruit some players for key positions that we have been lacking in this year.

We were certainly competitive this year in div 1 and were very close to staying up so there isn't need for a complete overhaul, however div 2 may not be appealing to some of our players and they may want to move on.

messidona
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by messidona »

Uni_Black_10 wrote:No doubt it won't be easy to come straight back up and we will probably need to retain most of our current squad and recruit some players for key positions that we have been lacking in this year.

We were certainly competitive this year in div 1 and were very close to staying up so there isn't need for a complete overhaul, however div 2 may not be appealing to some of our players and they may want to move on.
I personally believe that players owe it to a club to try and regain their status,given that they are partly liable for getting the club relegated, unless there are extenuating circumstances(e.g financial problems,a rubbish coach etc).It's definitely hard to come back up,just look at Navarino and Gleeson.Hopefully you guys can bounce back,I would assume you have enough depth seeing that your reserves won the league.
"I'm not injury prone"- Michael Owen

Brian_7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brian_7 »

messidona wrote:
Uni_Black_10 wrote:No doubt it won't be easy to come straight back up and we will probably need to retain most of our current squad and recruit some players for key positions that we have been lacking in this year.

I personally believe that players owe it to a club to try and regain their status,given that they are partly liable for getting the club relegated, unless there are extenuating circumstances(e.g financial problems,a rubbish coach etc).It's definitely hard to come back up,just look at Navarino and Gleeson.Hopefully you guys can bounce back,I would assume you have enough depth seeing that your reserves won the league.

I would agree with you if the team was full of long standing players from the club, most of the guys that played first team this year were in their first year at the club so I don't know if they feel the attachment that some of us other guys do.

There is a lot of depth at the club with the reserves and half a dozen of those guys could easily step up to first team standard in my opinion. Still pre-season is a long way away now.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

out of curiosity
how many players from saints went with Dave to uni ?

Brian_7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brian_7 »

2 players, 1 missed a lot of the year with injury.

They were both great additions to the club on and off the pitch though.