Sunday Results - Round 7 - June 3rd 2012

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Pilots
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sunday Results - Round 7 - June 3rd 2012

Post by Pilots »

Pecker,

Not sure you can say its a funny thing to see a ref blow the whistle as a player was about to shoot inside the 6 yard box. Your home ref did it to the gully 35's before half time as we were shooting inside the 6 yard box 3 hours before........your memory must be bad.

Go you gully!!

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

Pilots wrote:Pecker,

Not sure you can say its a funny thing to see a ref blow the whistle as a player was about to shoot inside the 6 yard box. Your home ref did it to the gully 35's before half time as we were shooting inside the 6 yard box 3 hours before........your memory must be bad.

Go you gully!!
If you read it properly, I said 1st team soccer, we see all sorts of things in other grades, even a player spending 5 minutes complaining about the net being loose, he even showed us a demonstration of how to climb through the hole, it was a tight squeeze for him as he a been in a good paddock since his city days..

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT wrote:
I am Costanza wrote:As West Beach 3 Brahma 0
Bs West Beach 2 Brahma 1
Div 6 Pontian 0 Brahma 4
Div 7 Macos 0 Brahma 3(?)
Women Div 4 Brahma 3 Flinders Flames 0
I was told Brahma coach resigned immediately after the loss to west beach
What big reevsey resigned ?
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Pilots
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pilots »

5 minutes complaining is 5 minutes not playing and in my condition thats a bonus. At least I got through the net, the other city legend sitting on his tod on the sidelines wouldnt have made it through.....thought he would have a least squeezed into his boots to come on an double footed tackle me.

bit disappointed your clubrooms weren't open for a bevvy, I think I am still owed a few pints on my drinks card.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Big G wrote:
Judge Judy wrote:Can't believe Easties only have two points. Certainly not the worst team we've played. Good bunch of blokes out there so hopefully they can start getting a bit luckier and can turn their season around.
You're like the new nugget, you only come on here when you play well or score..... :lol:
Here isn't the only place I come when I play well or score!
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Judge Judy wrote:
Big G wrote:
Judge Judy wrote:Can't believe Easties only have two points. Certainly not the worst team we've played. Good bunch of blokes out there so hopefully they can start getting a bit luckier and can turn their season around.
You're like the new nugget, you only come on here when you play well or score..... :lol:
Here isn't the only place I come when I play well or score!
That reminds me, you owe me a new set of curtains :o
HA'WAY THE LADS

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

legga wrote:
MONTGOMERY SPLIFT wrote:
I am Costanza wrote:As West Beach 3 Brahma 0
Bs West Beach 2 Brahma 1
Div 6 Pontian 0 Brahma 4
Div 7 Macos 0 Brahma 3(?)
Women Div 4 Brahma 3 Flinders Flames 0
I was told Brahma coach resigned immediately after the loss to west beach
What big reevsey resigned ?
That's what I was told and was confirmed by a Brahma player. I don't have any details as to his reason for stepping down .

dr bronski
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by dr bronski »

HailHail wrote:
gee_kay wrote:i'm still not entirely convinced it crossed the line. yes it hit the net but was the top part which is almost line ball
As a westies supporter and lower grade player, I was at the game yesterday and seen the ball hit the net, the referee then in my opinion went and checked where the ball hit the net in relation to the crossbar and awarded the goal, which from where I was standing was the correct decision. Westies can only blame themselves for yesterday's result, florina to there credit played good football.when a team concedes a goal to level back at 1-1, only to take the ball from the re-start to score showed the determination florina had to win. Knowing our boys they will take the result as a learning opportunity and move on to become a stronger team.
nice signature. hail.... but no anton rogan :?

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
That reminds me, you owe me a new set of curtains :o
Haha lucky I don't have to buy them too often :lol:

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

Only thing that will beat Downs will be a lot of injuries or complacency..

Trimmers in 2nd gear yesterday, well held by Mckay but should of still had 2 goals

magic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by magic »

Anybody know why Reevesey pulled the pin at Brahma ?
Committee must now select very carefully.
Brahma need to start to pick up points soon.
Reevesey gone, but is the problem ?
Maybe a coach from outside the club can change things.

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

gee_kay wrote:Florina 3 West 1

Got there at half time and saw an exciting second half. Florina were the better side and deserved the points. Young lad up front for Florina rather silly to get himself sent off at 3-1 up. Thought the referee (sharky) had a good game espescially when tackles started to fly in a bit because of the slippery surface. Also poor form from the West keeper who tried to trip the ref after he awarded the third goal. Quick question who was the 10 for West today I thought he was very impressive.

Was the young lad that was sent off a relation to the coach :?:

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

Got there at half time and saw an exciting second half. Florina were the better side and deserved the points. Young lad up front for Florina rather silly to get himself sent off at 3-1 up. Thought the referee (sharky) had a good game espescially when tackles started to fly in a bit because of the slippery surface. Also poor form from the West keeper who tried to trip the ref after he awarded the third goal. Quick question who was the 10 for West today I thought he was very impressive.

Was the young lad that was sent a relation to the coach :?:

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Manutd21 wrote:

Nephew
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Manutd21 wrote:

Does it matter?
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Was a very frustrating game to be watching from the sidelines.
We were in it for a lot of the game & certainly competed. The game had a lot of flat periods & neither team really dominated. We really never seemed to get out of second gear, but neither did the farmers.
We just need a bit of luck as you Judy, but also you have to make your own luck sometimes too.

After a string of undefeated in 3 we go into another cup game looking for a springboard to our first league win.

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

gee_kay wrote:
Manutd21 wrote:

Nephew

That is no surprise what so ever

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

I think I called the send off bout 30 mins earlier and was surprised he didn't get subbed at 3-1. In fairness to he lad he looks dangerous but will need to curb his temper so he can get modest out of his ability

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

gee_kay wrote:I think I called the send off bout 30 mins earlier and was surprised he didn't get subbed at 3-1. In fairness to he lad he looks dangerous but will need to curb his temper so he can get modest out of his ability
If it is who I think it might have been he could/should have been sent off against Southern Knights when he shouted out to the sidelines "they're in the net c...t" when someone asked where the spare match balls were.
Referee just ran across to him and said to...."you need to keep your mouth shut."
Earlier when he was swearing, I jokingly said something like..."you're swearing is upsetting my son".....his reply was...."don't f......g bring him then !"
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

swannsong wrote:
gee_kay wrote:I think I called the send off bout 30 mins earlier and was surprised he didn't get subbed at 3-1. In fairness to he lad he looks dangerous but will need to curb his temper so he can get modest out of his ability
If it is who I think it might have been he could/should have been sent off against Southern Knights when he shouted out to the sidelines "they're in the net c...t" when someone asked where the spare match balls were.
Referee just ran across to him and said to...."you need to keep your mouth shut."
Earlier when he was swearing, I jokingly said something like..."you're swearing is upsetting my son".....his reply was...."don't f......g bring him then !"

This lad has always been the same he has no respect for no one his big problem is he has been let to get away with so much in his younger years this is the problem when daddy daddy's best mate and uncle coach you all your life I thinks it's called being looked after

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

Mmm reminds me of a footballer I know, doing the same type of thing earlier in his career :wink:

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Hence the reason I called it so much earlier

grumpy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grumpy »

Manutd21 wrote:
swannsong wrote:

This lad has always been the same he has no respect for no one his big problem is he has been let to get away with so much in his younger years this is the problem when daddy daddy's best mate and uncle coach you all your life I thinks it's called being looked after
I think you guys have no idea what you are talking about, as an observer of the game,i found it ridiculous that this young fellow was given a second yellow card for being decked behind play.

As he is a quality player, he is attracting a lot of attention from the old farts that cant keep up with him,i suppose we would all lose our temper if we were kicked two or three times a half.

As for respect Manutd21,it is earnt not given.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

grumpy wrote:As for respect Manutd21,it is earnt not given.
So you refer to total strangers as c**t too?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Grumpy, you obviously weren't observing the game klike I was. The young lad lost the ball and decided to run back to a defender and put him in light headlock. The defender then reacted and put him down before a small scuffle broke out. My only criticism of the ref in charge is that he didn't send both lads off. It was a silly thing to do considering the position of the match but was always coming the lad seems a good player but needs to pull his head in a bit. Believe ME he doesn't want that sort of reputation following him.

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

Big G wrote:

You are right grumpy respect is earnt calling people c***t he will earn a lot of respect from that check the ffsa records in the last 2 years or more that will show you the respect he had for the refs and the players he played against it looks like he has started his amateur league career off the way he left his federation career

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

this is what i'm trying to get at. A rep is hard to shake i hope the lad can learn from this and quickly make ammends

grumpy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grumpy »

gee_kay wrote:Grumpy, you obviously weren't observing the game klike I was. The young lad lost the ball and decided to run back to a defender and put him in light headlock. The defender then reacted and put him down before a small scuffle broke out. My only criticism of the ref in charge is that he didn't send both lads off. It was a silly thing to do considering the position of the match but was always coming the lad seems a good player but needs to pull his head in a bit. Believe ME he doesn't want that sort of reputation following him.
Good point Gee_Kay , i agree

grumpy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grumpy »

Manutd21 wrote:
Big G wrote:

You are right grumpy respect is earnt calling people c***t he will earn a lot of respect from that check the ffsa records in the last 2 years or more that will show you the respect he had for the refs and the players he played against it looks like he has started his amateur league career off the way he left his federation career
Manutd21 - you are right i think everybody is aware of his temper, its up to the coach to control him, and i wish him luck with that.