Results - Sat August 3

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Results - Sat August 3

Post by Steve#4 »

Jack Mehorf wrote:Facts are, money has nothing to do with it. Villa has and always will pay next to nothing other than expenses and are financially very sound. Losing Brian Gale (Best Keeper in Sat Div 1), Rick Derosa (Best Defender Sat Div 1), Dave Tassone (Best Def MId Sat Div 1) and Lucas Kra (Who's just returned) has hurt big time as well as 2-3 others out for the whole season thus far with long term injuries. Losing 5-6 players overseas mid season has killed us also. No excuses, you asked why and they're the facts.
Serious question, as I have heard a few clubs say this....What exactly are expenses?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Steve#4 wrote:
Jack Mehorf wrote:Facts are, money has nothing to do with it. Villa has and always will pay next to nothing other than expenses and are financially very sound. Losing Brian Gale (Best Keeper in Sat Div 1), Rick Derosa (Best Defender Sat Div 1), Dave Tassone (Best Def MId Sat Div 1) and Lucas Kra (Who's just returned) has hurt big time as well as 2-3 others out for the whole season thus far with long term injuries. Losing 5-6 players overseas mid season has killed us also. No excuses, you asked why and they're the facts.
Serious question, as I have heard a few clubs say this....What exactly are expenses?

Well i costs me $10 in petrol, so I want $30 a game. Oh and then I like to have a few beers after and some food. Oh and I like to wear new boots for every game.

Let's call it $150 a week

I would suggest that a club paying "expenses" is paying more than that vast majority of other clubs on a saturday.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

That's why I am asking, expenses for one man is different from another.
The term "expenses" gets used a lot, just wanted a definition of how much expenses are.

I only know of one Sat Div 2 club that payed the odd player last and this season(maybe I am ill-informed or naïve and there are more) , do most of the Premier clubs pay these "expenses".. Once again, not having a go if you have the money and can, lucky you.
This question refers to Saturday clubs only, Sundays seems a whole different kettle of "Expenses".

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

Writing was on the wall with the thumping they copped to the Downs in the Chicken Shield.

Its been some fall from grace - Champions to relegation.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

terminator wrote:Writing was on the wall with the thumping they copped to the Downs in the Chicken Shield.

It's all cyclical....No club stays at the top for ever, it would be boring if they did.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:Serious question, as I have heard a few clubs say this....What exactly are expenses?

Well i costs me $10 in petrol, so I want $30 a game. Oh and then I like to have a few beers after and some food. Oh and I like to wear new boots for every game.

Let's call it $150 a week

I would suggest that a club paying "expenses" is paying more than that vast majority of other clubs on a saturday.
Stitch Jnr still not happy about the exposé of last season's 'pocket money' rort :P
Time for some righteous indignation

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Steve#4 wrote:That's why I am asking, expenses for one man is different from another.
The term "expenses" gets used a lot, just wanted a definition of how much expenses are.

I only know of one Sat Div 2 club that payed the odd player last and this season(maybe I am ill-informed or naïve and there are more) , do most of the Premier clubs pay these "expenses".. Once again, not having a go if you have the money and can, lucky you.
This question refers to Saturday clubs only, Sundays seems a whole different kettle of "Expenses".

Well oisc, st peters, titans and bosa don't pay anything. I don't know about the others.

Which div 2 club paid last year?

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Steve#4 wrote:
terminator wrote:Writing was on the wall with the thumping they copped to the Downs in the Chicken Shield.

It's all cyclical....No club stays at the top for ever, it would be boring if they did.
Exactly guys, fall from Grace would be a nice way of putting it. Happens from time to time and sets us a new challenge for next year, will be no different from this year really. As far as expenses go, covering gloves/boots/petrol would be as far as we would go as a club. We don't have a huge drinking culture so beers etc would be the least of our expenses we would have to worry about. We have turned away many a player in the past chasing the "dollars" that some people would have you think...you can be assured of that!!!!

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Jack Mehorf wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:

Exactly guys, fall from Grace would be a nice way of putting it. Happens from time to time and sets us a new challenge for next year, will be no different from this year really. As far as expenses go, covering gloves/boots/petrol would be as far as we would go as a club. We don't have a huge drinking culture so beers etc would be the least of our expenses we would have to worry about. We have turned away many a player in the past chasing the "dollars" that some people would have you think...you can be assured of that!!!!
Same at our place with the players but our committee sure make up for it :lol: :lol: Good luck on the rebuild.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

dont entertain them mate.....

also, Jason and George Yengi have been major losses!

ps, start of year we had 55 registered players for all 3 mens teams, last week against BOSA we could only manage 32!

Also, Dom M (Top goal scorer last 3-4 yrs) having to play as a DM and stopper to cover the loses.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Jack Mehorf wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:

correct!
:wink:

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

To the best of my knowledge Stirling don't pay anything either.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

Steve#4 wrote:That's why I am asking, expenses for one man is different from another.

A club must ask themselves do they want to be at the top level year in year out? if so it costs, if they don't care and want to just have a kick about then it doesn't cost.

What's the average expenses of a senior coach in SAT Div 1&2? Surely most are looked after and some well, so why not put players on a kick back? However these things should be on merit not just to turn up.

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

Don't get me wrong Ad Villa is a great club but all gd things come to an end.

Can't see them being anything more than a mid to lower div club in the next 5 yrs.

No real home and train in another location.

Apart from mates which are all older now and previously money what else is there to draw new people to Ad Villa?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

You're a knob terminator maybe focus on your club keeping Sunday div 1 status and let others run their clubs how they like. There's a lot of good people down at Villa and I especially feel for my mate Dom down there. They will bounce back
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

Gee Kay just a comment not an attack.

We play your old club this week - huge game for us - keep your fingers crossed for us :wink:

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

terminator wrote:Don't get me wrong Ad Villa is a great club but all gd things come to an end.

Can't see them being anything more than a mid to lower div club in the next 5 yrs.

Apart from mates which are all older now and previously money what else is there to draw new people to Ad Villa?
Next five years is a huge call, all you need to do in the off season is pick up a few strong players and up goes Villa again

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

terminator wrote:Gee Kay just a comment not an attack.

We play your old club this week - huge game for us - keep your fingers crossed for us :wink:
We need them to have all to play for in the last game of the season so I'll be cheering them on this week to keep it interesting
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

terminator wrote:Don't get me wrong Ad Villa is a great club but all gd things come to an end.

You do make some very good points, we take no offence at all. Basically for the last 10 or so years we have had the back up of some high quality ex NSL/Super league players to walk straight in year in year out. Billy would just about be the last of them now and most of us are now enjoying playing in our C team which we have just established this year with some success. We know we will be up against BOSA, OISC, Uni, Saints with links to schools etc, a few others have juniors etc who are continually being topped up at all levels. We as a club know that there needs to be some hard work done in the near future if we want to bounce back quickly as this year has been a big disappointment.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Steve#4 wrote:

Boring for who ..?? Every season you play to finish top .... You don't play to be relegated so you don't get bored ..!!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Rodent wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:

Boring for who ..?? Every season you play to finish top .... You don't play to be relegated so you don't get bored ..!!!
Anyone that follows a competition, I enjoy when leagues are tight and every game means something to positions on a table.
If the same 1 or 2 clubs always won, I would find that boring....Unless my club was one of those 1 or 2 :lol: :lol:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

The moyesiah wrote:

A club must ask themselves do they want to be at the top level year in year out? if so it costs, if they don't care and want to just have a kick about then it doesn't cost.
What's the average expenses of a senior coach in SAT Div 1&2? Surely most are looked after and some well, so why not put players on a kick back? However these things should be on merit not just to turn up.
Amateur League is not the top level....

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SInce U seem to know alot about our club; Please enlighten us, with whom and how much??

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:

SInce U seem to know alot about our club; Please enlighten us, with whom and how much??

You admitted earlier that your club paid players.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

get ur facts right.....

:roll:

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

bubu wrote:

Covering costs means, bring me the bills and i'll pay them, don't know anything about anyone being paid the so called "big dollars". End of explanation, hope that clears that up.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Jack Mehorf wrote:
bubu wrote:

Covering costs means, bring me the bills and i'll pay them, don't know anything about anyone being paid the so called "big dollars". End of explanation, hope that clears that up.

I have a few rates, gas and elec bill to pay. Do you think the club will pay them for me??
:wink:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Steve#4 wrote:
The moyesiah wrote:

It's the top level league that the club plays in.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:get ur facts right.....

:roll:

Happy to rephrase for you.

Someone from your club has already admitted to players being paid. Are you now denying that?

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Steve#4 wrote:
If you play Saturday or Sunday Div 1 it is ....
Every Rat has his day !!