SUNDAY Results 29 AUG

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Vale_boy05
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SUNDAY Results 29 AUG

Post by Vale_boy05 »

Beach_Driller wrote:
Skinny wrote:A great effort by the vale b grade today, needed to step up for a must win game against west beach who have been top of the table for pretty much the whole season. with only 2 points behind we came out in the first half and put away 4 goals and conceded 1 goal from a free kick that caught our keeper of his line.. came out in the second half and held our own and didnt concede. we pretty much dominated the game today buh beach didnt give up.. now looking to next week against pontian, with a win down there we will win the league.. but not getting too excited yet, will be a hard game down there always is..
Great first half performance by Vale B's yesterday...Never let us into the game!! They were the better team on the day, chased everything and worked extremely hard...Probably the worst half of football we have played all year to concede 4..Played alot better in the second half but we just didn't look like scoring.

Hopefully we get the win this week and Pontians do us a favour against Vale..
By far the most intense game of reserves ive ever played in.
Credit to beach who kept fighting all game, but never even got a look in.

Get the win agaisnt those pontian mugs next week and the league is ours :D

Paipss Cisse
he scores when he wants.

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

bigdawg wrote:
sparts wrote:pretty sure thats the first mate. sorry to disappoint you...

haha. this carbenet makes me laugh. we have played munno para twice now and have had no trouble at all and we beat them both times. they took it on the chin and moved on.

we have also played Brahma twice and had no trouble, and they beat us both times.

i wonder how much of this is fact and how much is just cabernet stirring. dont know anything about what happened in the brahma munno game on the weekend but i dont think either club should be judged on the actions of one or two individuals....i'm sure we've all got a dic.khead or two at each club that makes it harder for everyone.

that said we dont... we're perfect. :D
:shock: :lol: :wink:

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

unitedlad_05 wrote: yeah its a shame there's only a couple of woman that can bring down the rep of the girls at the club we've got some really nice girls at the club but most don't see the good and only the ugly.
It's a fact of life, people only remember the bad.

Looking at the brighter side, at least Brahma have gotten over it & moved on without chucking a hissy fit.

Good luck next season guys, hopefully we will be up there with you!

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

Jean Claude wrote:
unitedlad_05 wrote: yeah its a shame there's only a couple of woman that can bring down the rep of the girls at the club we've got some really nice girls at the club but most don't see the good and only the ugly.
It's a fact of life, people only remember the bad.

Looking at the brighter side, at least Brahma have gotten over it & moved on without chucking a hissy fit.

Good luck next season guys, hopefully we will be up there with you!
Hear hear... after all it was a good game on Sunday (both grades) and who knows, with results going MPs way we could meet each other again next year
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Mr X wrote:
tickets4cheese wrote:
Mr X wrote:Vikings and PHW could finish on the same points, the same goal difference, and the same amount of goals scored!

ADELAIDE VIKINGS 17 3 5 9 21 50 -29 14
PARA HILLS WEST 17 4 2 11 21 51 -30 14

Is that really possible Kitch?
yeah vikings lose 2 nil and west lose 1 nil.
If that happens both will be relegated thus no real impact, if they were tied for 8th / 9th, then would be interesting but that cant happen
aren't west beach on 13 points though so if they lose their last game they would be relegated with either phw or vikings?[/quote]

West Beach Play PHW, thus if PHW lose 1 nil, as you stated above, West beach will move to 16 points, so above PHW, thus PHW would be relegated, even if they finish exactly the same as Vikings. (Vikings relegated also)

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Vikings could win 3-2 and PHW could win 3-1, and teh teams above them could also win.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

If points & goal difference were the same between 8th & 9th then it would come down to who ever had the most wins :?:
That won't happen anyway :!:

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Kitchimo wrote:Vikings could win 3-2 and PHW could win 3-1, and teh teams above them could also win.
Your a ststistical genius Kitch,

tickets4cheese
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by tickets4cheese »

Mr X wrote:
Mr X wrote:
tickets4cheese wrote:Vikings and PHW could finish on the same points, the same goal difference, and the same amount of goals scored!

ADELAIDE VIKINGS 17 3 5 9 21 50 -29 14
PARA HILLS WEST 17 4 2 11 21 51 -30 14

Is that really possible Kitch?
yeah vikings lose 2 nil and west lose 1 nil.
If that happens both will be relegated thus no real impact, if they were tied for 8th / 9th, then would be interesting but that cant happen
aren't west beach on 13 points though so if they lose their last game they would be relegated with either phw or vikings?

West Beach Play PHW, thus if PHW lose 1 nil, as you stated above, West beach will move to 16 points, so above PHW, thus PHW would be relegated, even if they finish exactly the same as Vikings. (Vikings relegated also)[/quote]

ah okay, didn't look at who was playing who last game.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - King Eric

http://www.parahillseastsoccerclub.com/