Unley Indoor Comp

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Unley Indoor Comp

Post by Napoli »

Anyone playing in the Indoor Comp at Unley this year - new season starting this week?

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

this place would have to be the worst place to play indoor... over-priced, absolutely crap refs who can change their decision if one of the orgnaisers there says so and full of wankas... good luck!

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

Yeah it is pretty crap.

Expensive and the quality of teams is crap.

Our first game out - we won 10 - 2 and that was after having our best player and most prolific goal scorer in goals.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

the people that run it are absolute wankas as well... dont be suprised when they try to fine you for somehting or forfeit your match for things like not writing your names properly on the teamsheet. im not exagerrating eityher, we stopped after 4 games because they jstu try to rout you... wankas

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

Thanks for the heads up. If any cabernet starts happening, I'll suggest to the boys that we leave.

Raymond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Wat Comp are you talking about?? Lftwing?

Post by Raymond »

Would like to know more about the comp you are referring to?

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

Its held at Unley Highschool - LifeBeInIt run it or something I think.

They have comps on Wednesday, Thursdays and Sundays only I think.

Raymond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Not under the FFSA umbrella

Post by Raymond »

I heard a lot of bad things coming out of this Futsal Centre and its not an FFSA Santioned competition...

If you want to play the real Futsal come to the Magill Sports Centre on Tuesday and Wednesday nights... This is a much better organised competition and the Referees are accredited Futsal Referees with National Championships experience....

Nominations are being taken for the Sunday night competition as I type.

Futsal SA Website http://www.geocities.com/futsalsouthaustralia

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

hahaha bag one center to promote your own... nice!

unley would have to have over 80 teams so cant be all bad...

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

Randoman wrote:hahaha bag one center to promote your own... nice!

unley would have to have over 80 teams so cant be all bad...
From what I've seen, of those 80 teams, probably only 10 teams can actually play. The Refereeing is crap as well.

I played last night, and we were thumping the other team. Then they started getting physical. Yet the ref didn't do anything. By the end of the game, 2 of our players were limping badly (including me - I cant walk today!) and we only just won at the end. Ref gave no yellow cards or no warnings (Didn't even contemplate giving them a yellow). Yet I complained about the treatment and nearly received a yellow card straight away :?

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

yeh its deffinately a social comp, a few beginner teams there too...

sting
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sting »

Futsal the greatest game in the world. Now if Aussies new why the Brazilians kept Futsal a secret for so long, you would think everybody would be playing futsal fulltime. Take a look at http://www.adelaidestingrays.com.au and check your nearest futsal club, they will have one nearest to you and go and have a look for yourself or even better go and meet the man that coaches with passion and knows the game. You might get an opportunity to tour interstate with Stingrays Team or even better go to Brazil to watch the world cup, and while there train in one of the camps so you train like a Brazilian, eat like a brazilian, walk like a brazilian, dance like a brazilian, you need to see it for yourself to understand how far behind we really are. Take the time to compare. I would encourage each of you to come and see first hand what Futsal
training is all about. Anyone interested can contact 0414 662 771 for times and directions or email adelaidestingray@bigpond.com

Raymond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Futsal

Post by Raymond »

Come and Play in a Real Futsal Competition which is affiliated to the FFSA with real Futsal accredited Referees, Good standard of teams, great FIFA size court and good management.

Magill Sports Centre for Open Men, Women and Youths
Campbelltown Leisure Centre for Juniors - Boys and Girls
St. Jays Recreation Centre Salisbury - for Junior Boys and Girls

State teams to participate at the National Futsal Championships in Canberra will be selected from all our Competitions

http://www.geocities.com/futsalsouthaustralia

john dada

Post by john dada »

i have to agree with Raymond, Magill is the best run by a mile, once you have played there you will see. All the others are Amatuers.

sting
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sting »

You guys are funny, stop rubbishing other indoor venues, you dont give yourselves a good name. People will decide once they have seen for themselves which futsal programs are better. The Stingrays porgrams are designed for all ages and are running in all areas, all year round.
Take the time to compare. I would encourage each of you to come and see first hand what Futsal training / or competitions is all about. Anyone interested can contact 0414 662 771 for times and directions or email adelaidestingray@bigpond.com

john dada

Post by john dada »

Where are your Venues out East Mr Sting?? Or should i refer to you as Mr Stinky as i have been in the toilet before one of your games.

sting
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sting »

Hi John, I dont know what you are refering to, but it must be because you left your goat there...hahahhahahahaha

john dada

Post by john dada »

sting wrote:Hi John, I dont know what you are refering to, but it must be because you left your goat there...hahahhahahahaha
If you are who i think you are you are the one with the goat!!!
And I'm referring to your pre game ritual S.S :?:

Guest12
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guest12 »

What is stopping Stingrays from affiliating to FFSA & giving the state teams access to more playing talent for National Titles?

Unless SA stops the segragation of the sport they will never have the players to compete. With a larger player base SA could run a state league (or at least an "inter-centre" league) and enable all players to compete regularly at a higher level.

We all want Futsal in SA to get bigger & better but everyone doing it seperately will achieve nothing. Leave the "us vs them" mentality to the players on the court...

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

You should try the comp at Mitcham, there's golden boot awards, MVP of the year awards, high level competition. Contact 0407 609 170. :D
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com