Cricket scores or Gayfl Scores???

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Cricket scores or Gayfl Scores???

Post by diegom »

On the weekend, Adelaide Villa A's defeated the adelide buffers 22-0.
With respect to the buffers, who fought all day but were TOTALLY outclassed by the Villa boys.

Iis that the Biggest scoreline in amateur League History????

I believe its a joke that teams are allowed to play against pathethic opposition.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Buffers have been struggling all season, don't think they've lost by under 10 goals all season. However, they have 2 teams and are in the lowest sunday division for such sides.

On the other side Villa, are one of the strongest (if not the) sides in that division, but chose to join the ranks of saturdays so quite rightly started at the bottom.

If a club wants to put a side in, surely they should be allowed in the lowest division.

Footballbabes
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Footballbabes »

Hi Diegom,

I'm pretty sure Villa's walk in the park over the
weekend was not the highest score in the history
of the SAASL. If I remember correctly many years
ago some Sunday team beat a team either 29-0 or
29-1.

Best wishes

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

bit harsh , you joined their league didnt you..

anfieldboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anfieldboy »

well villa were consistent performers and former champions of sunday div 1 which is quite notably at around the same level as State League if not better
it is unlikely Villa will stay in div 3 for much longer, you will find they will climb into div 1 in the next 2 years for certain...
"Steven Gerrard sets himseeeeeeelf...oh what a goal, what a goal, what a goal by Stevie Gerrard, its 3-3..."

john dada

Post by john dada »

Are sure the Buffers are a Football team???
Maybe they are car polishers who turned up to wrong place :D
Bet their cars were shiny!!!
Who were the goal scorers Diego ????
Probably everyone by the sounds of things.........

P.S The joke here is that the stupid Amatuer league made Villa start off in the 3rd division.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

john dada wrote:P.S The joke here is that the stupid Amatuer league made Villa start off in the 3rd division.
They made the choice to change the day they play so in my opinion they should start at the bottom. A precedent needed to be set, otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the saturday teams who have supported the competition for years.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

I can't believe your complaining about playing useless opposition. You guys chose to go down that path.
Is your opinion that ordinary teams have no right to play at all? A bit arrogant and elitest I would have thought.

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

East 17 wrote:I can't believe your complaining about playing useless opposition. You guys chose to go down that path.
Is your opinion that ordinary teams have no right to play at all? A bit arrogant and elitest I would have thought.

No, we went to saturday for many reasons.
I believe that the SAASL is accountable as they put us into div 3 sat from being a div 1 sunday team.
Yes I agree with u that a precedent has to be put into place so teams that have being playing in div 1 sat are not shoved out. But surely a team in div 1 sunday deserves 2 b higher than sat div 3?????
Neways, We will keep on playing in this division and hopefully get promoted at the end of year.
I am not being arrogant and Yes, and like u said - "ordinary" teams should play against other teams that are "ordinary". I for one hate playing against mediocre teams that get pumped by more than 10 goals. I felt sorry for the buffers conceeding so many goals.

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

john dada wrote:Are sure the Buffers are a Football team???

P.S The joke here is that the stupid Amatuer league made Villa start off in the 3rd division.

Sanger - 7
R Calabria - 8
T Scalzi - 2
J Giuffredda - 2
Jose - 3

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

was a precedent set last year when wanderers went into div 2 not div 3 ??

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

div 3 last year was a c team league i believe or teams without reserve teams....as already mentioned the club decided to go this way so you have to live with them results for a year and hopefully gain promotion.

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

if i was winning games like this every week id refuse to get promoted!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Penalty11
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Cricket scores or Gayfl Scores???

Post by Penalty11 »

diegom wrote:On the weekend, Adelaide Villa A's defeated the adelide buffers 22-0.
With respect to the buffers, who fought all day but were TOTALLY outclassed by the Villa boys.

Iis that the Biggest scoreline in amateur League History????

I believe its a joke that teams are allowed to play against pathethic opposition.
Record in the Amateur League is Austria v Murray Bridge 33-0.The top goalscorer was R.Kaufmann with 13 goals.Thsi was in the early 70's.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

p@ul12 wrote:was a precedent set last year when wanderers went into div 2 not div 3 ??
The precedent was established well before then, i.e. when Cove decided to field its Seniors and Reserves teams in the Saturday competitions in 2001 (?) at which time the lowest grade of competition was Division 2. Likewise for the Wanderers last season. It would be the same if one of the current Saturday clubs decided to move to the Sunday competitions except they would start in a much lower division, i.e. something like Divison 6.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

diegom wrote:

Sanger - 7
R Calabria - 8
T Scalzi - 2
J Giuffredda - 2
Jose - 3
Which R Calabria is that? Not the one that started at the Cobras this year!

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

I can confirm that 33-0 scoreline Penalty11.
Agia Lavra 1821!

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
diegom wrote:

Sanger - 7
R Calabria - 8
T Scalzi - 2
J Giuffredda - 2
Jose - 3
Which R Calabria is that? Not the one that started at the Cobras this year!

Nah this one is Rick Calabria, no relation to Ross Calabria

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Gabon wrote:div 3 last year was a c team league i believe or teams without reserve teams....as already mentioned the club decided to go this way so you have to live with them results for a year and hopefully gain promotion.
Div 3 last year was a single team division, div 4 was the c team league. So wanderers went into the lowest division for 2 team clubs. As did Modbury Jets, Cove etc...

While it may have been wrong to put AV into div 3, it would not have been fair on a team that would have been relegated just because AV wanted to join the league. AV will get promoted, probably 2 years running and everyone will be happy.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

well in this case take it easy on the old boys from munno para then! :D for our first venture into the sat league they were put straight into div 3 instead of 4 as they have only one team and are deemed an "A's" team
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

sparts wrote:well in this case take it easy on the old boys from munno para then! :D for our first venture into the sat league they were put straight into div 3 instead of 4 as they have only one team and are deemed an "A's" team
That was done to even the leagues out. There are a few other teams in that league who are not really A's & B's but C's & D's. Adelaide Uni, Flinders Uni and Old Ignatians.

SAOPAOLO 10
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SAOPAOLO 10 »

adelaide villa good club good history. Get the results and get promoted. the clubs that play in that division have just as much right as adel villa, so no point mocking them. Buffers are a club just starting out. The fight is on between Hahndorf,Budapest and villa for promotion so an interesting picture will develop. All three clubs competitive