Lowy Sacks Arnold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Lowy Sacks Arnold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MegaBonus »

who do you think he has lined up??????

Lowy gives Arnold his notice - PA Sport

Australia coach Graham Arnold will step down after next month's AFC Asian Cup irrespective of whether the Socceroos win the continental showpiece for the first time.

Arnold, whose position was expected to be reviewed after July's tournament, revealed that he has been informed by Football Federation Australia chairman Frank Lowy that a "big name" coach will take charge following the end of the tournament.

The 43-year-old was initially appointed as acting coach in July 2006 before being named on a permanent basis last December after working as Guus Hiddink's assistant at the 2006 World Cup.

"He (Frank Lowy) basically told me 100%," Arnold told FourFourTwo magazine in Korea.

"The chairman has made it clear in no uncertain terms that grenache Advocaat or a coach like that will be coming in. They would like me to assist an overseas coach. I am in more of an interim position until they find a big name from overseas."

"I can put myself in the shop window without the full responsibility. I am not passing on the responsibility. Far from it, I am responsible for the results and everything."

"I have a great relationship with the players, the players want to play for me. In the time I have been in charge, our performances have been good. I learned a lot from Guus Hiddink (but) I am also my own man and am doing things my way."

Arnold is currently putting his squad through a gruelling training camp in Singapore ahead of the Asian Cup Group A opener against Oman in Bangkok on July 8.

Rodger-k
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Rodger-k »

Thats disappointing to hear, although it has been stated since he was asked to take the team on after Gus left.

Speculation will be rife.

Who will it be now???
Blue is the color, football is the game.
2006/2007 EPL runner up
2006/2007 Champions League Semi-Finalist
2006/2007 FA Cup winners
2006/2007 League Cup winners
and still considered 2006/2007 to be an un-successful season

Jono82
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Lowy Sacks Arnold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jono82 »

MegaBonus wrote:who do you think he has lined up??????

Australia coach Graham Arnold will step down after next month's AFC Asian Cup irrespective of whether the Socceroos win the continental showpiece for the first time.

Arnold, whose position was expected to be reviewed after July's tournament, revealed that he has been informed by Football Federation Australia chairman Frank Lowy that a "big name" coach will take charge following the end of the tournament.

The 43-year-old was initially appointed as acting coach in July 2006 before being named on a permanent basis last December after working as Guus Hiddink's assistant at the 2006 World Cup.

"He (Frank Lowy) basically told me 100%," Arnold told FourFourTwo magazine in Korea.

"The chairman has made it clear in no uncertain terms that grenache Advocaat or a coach like that will be coming in. They would like me to assist an overseas coach. I am in more of an interim position until they find a big name from overseas."

"I can put myself in the shop window without the full responsibility. I am not passing on the responsibility. Far from it, I am responsible for the results and everything."

"I have a great relationship with the players, the players want to play for me. In the time I have been in charge, our performances have been good. I learned a lot from Guus Hiddink (but) I am also my own man and am doing things my way."

Arnold is currently putting his squad through a gruelling training camp in Singapore ahead of the Asian Cup Group A opener against Oman in Bangkok on July 8.
What is your source?

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Jono82 wrote:

What is your source?
i'm guessing his source is what he said it is in the post?
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

pretty piss poor, surely they could have kept this inhouse until after the asian cup

Rodger-k
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Rodger-k »

Who will get the nod?

A Frenchman maybe, one who has coached in the EPL?

Or the German who took the German team in the last World Cup

Maybe another Dutchman................

It will take a special person to hang around to act as an assistant AGAIN, would not think bad of Arnie if he told the FFA thanks but no thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arnie join up with his 'mates' at Barcelona
2006/2007 EPL runner up
2006/2007 FA Cup winners

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its not true. Her is an update from 442:

Socceroo coach Graham Arnold has hit back at reports quoting him as saying he would be replaced as Australian coach after the Asian Cup.
Reports on several websites have Arnold saying that FFA chairman Frank Lowy told him “in no uncertain termsâ€￾ he was out of a job after the July tournament but reports of his departure seem to be greatly exaggerated. Sources quote an interview conducted with our sister magazine in Korea.

“I don’t know where these quotes have come from,â€￾ says Arnold. “I spoke to a Korean magazine about my situation and it looks like a classic case of lost in translation.

“I’m an honest guy and I’ve always said that Mr Lowy has been honest with me about my situation. I’m realistic about what may happen after the Asian Cup but at present there has been no confirmation that I will not be the coach of the Australian team after the tournament. At the moment my efforts are concentrated on winning the Socceroos their first major international trophy.â€￾

In an interview that will appear in the upcoming edition of Australian FourFourTwo, Arnold speaks openly about his position, even going so far as to say that if he won the Asian Cup and then was replaced, “I can’t go home and cry and say that’s unfair because they’ve been open with me since day one.â€￾

However it seems reports that Arnold is “100 per centâ€￾ going to be replaced are off the mark.

Rodger-k
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Rodger-k »

can't help but admire the guy.

Well done Arnie
2006/2007 EPL runner up
2006/2007 FA Cup winners

Furburger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Furburger »

MegaBonus jumping the gun. lol

I hope they do get a big name coach

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

Hopefully this means that kosmina has been sacked aswell
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

Furburger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Furburger »

Motley wrote:
Hopefully this means that kosmina has been sacked aswell
If we are lucky

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

I think the job is going to Gérard Houllier. In case some people are unaware he has left Lyon.

Cruyff #14
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cruyff #14 »

Apparently Jurgen Klinsmen* has been keeping tabs on the socceroos. He also would be a good choice for Australia.

*not sure on spelling
Pensioner

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Cruyff #14 wrote:Apparently Jurgen Klinsmen* has been keeping tabs on the socceroos. He also would be a good choice for Australia.

*not sure on spelling
I disagree.

the lorax
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by the lorax »

Rodger-k wrote:Who will get the nod?

A Frenchman maybe, one who has coached in the EPL?

Or the German who took the German team in the last World Cup

Maybe another Dutchman................

It will take a special person to hang around to act as an assistant AGAIN, would not think bad of Arnie if he told the FFA thanks but no thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arnie join up with his 'mates' at Barcelona
LIPPI

PunkFarker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PunkFarker »

Rodger-k wrote:can't help but admire the guy.

Well done Arnie
...now i know that you haven't a clue :)