Can Australians Coach The World Game...?

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

Name me one coach Aussie born and bred who has gone on to be successful in coaching?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Ummm...nope, you're right.

And name how many nations in this comp have native coaches? Not too many. There's something in that I'm sure.

Experience is everything
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Googes
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Googes »

Most of the coaches in the past have been involved in Australia football. There are not many born Australians can do the group.

What about Eddie Thompson which is not auusie born but was involved when the old NSL started. He had the team well organised.

THe only coach in the A League is good enough is the Newcastle Coach Gary van Egmond. He is only rough at the moment with lack of expirence. He is my tip in years to come he will be our next Australian born.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Googes wrote:Most of the coaches in the past have been involved in Australia football. There are not many born Australians can do the group.

What about Eddie Thompson which is not auusie born but was involved when the old NSL started. He had the team well organised.

THe only coach in the A League is good enough is the Newcastle Coach Gary van Egmond. He is only rough at the moment with lack of expirence. He is my tip in years to come he will be our next Australian born.
Not a completely unfamiliar situation for England.

There has been a big skill/experience/football-brain drain in Australia - as the old European generation has aged and disappeared from the game.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Get used to it more and more. The top players earn so much from the sport these days that on retirement they don't need to stay in the game.

Two of the best coaches in England and sven goran eriksson never even played at a high level. (mourinho and wenger)

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Rale Rasic :lol:

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Zoran Matic???